Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
This is my second favorite weekend in football. No, the draft isn't my favorite...LOL.........the Divisional Playoff Weekend is first because there are typically 4 quality games on over the weekend.

This weekend has four legit teams w/4 outstanding QBs. I never had Matt Ryan in the elite category before, but he has made tremendous growth under Shanny. The other 3 have been elite for quite some time.

Green Bay @ Atlanta:

This game features two dynamic offenses that are facing suspect defenses. I really believe that the total in this game could reach 70 pts. plus.

Green Bay's defensive backfield wasn't very good to begin with and they are really banged up. I can't fathom a way that will be able to match-up w/Atlanta's WRs and RBs coming out of the backfield. Both Freeman and Coleman are excellent receivers and can take it to the house once they get into the open field.

The only way GB can slow down Atlanta is if they are able to generate pressure on Ryan. He hasn't done it much this year, but he has been prone to making huge mistakes in the past.

Aaron Rodgers is in the ultimate zone right now. He is supremely confident while being calm and cool in high pressure situations. He has the best arm talent in the league because he can throw w/velocity from all arm angles and crazy body positions. It's incredible to watch.

Atlanta's D is very questionable. They have a lot of no-name guys on that side of the ball. The one thing they can do is rush the passer. If they can get a couple of strip sacks on Rodgers, they have a chance of turning the game around.

It should be a highly entertaining game and I think both teams will have 30+ points and that this game is very likely to go down to the last possession.

Pittsburgh @ New England:

These two teams have much better defenses than GB and Atlanta. Their offenses aren't playing quite as well now as they were earlier in the year, but they are both still quality offenses.

Pittsburgh has the 3 B's on offense in Ben, Bell, and Brown. Those three alone give the Steelers a puncher's chance in any game they play. They also have one of the best OLs in football. Bell has been dominating games in a manner that is second only to Aaron Rodgers as of late. He is the complete package.

I think there might be some concern for Pittsburgh because Ben appears to be fighting through multiple injuries. He has long been known as a guy who extends plays, but recently, he can barely move out there. The Steelers need a healthy Ben to have a chance.

Their defense has really improved over the course of the year. They have two things going for them. One is speed on that side of the ball and the other is that they have been getting after the QB. I do think that are vulnerable to allowing big plays, though.

New England has the best defense of all four teams. Their defense is very sound and many have underrated them all year. That's probably because they are not a flashy group. They are just fundamentally sound and have a bunch of different guys who perform their individual responsibilities at a highly competent level.

The Pats really miss Gronk on offense and Bennett has been fighting injuries and has become almost a non-factor as of late. However, they have a brilliant OC, Brady who might be the GOAT, and one of the toughest receivers to ever play the game in Julian Edelman. Their OL is pretty good as a unit, but there are some holes there and if Pittsburgh can generate pressure up the middle, Brady could struggle at times.

I think New England is certainly the favorite here, but the Steelers can be explosive on offense, have a bell-cow in Bell, and might be able to get pressure on Brady. Should be a hard-fought, physical game.

Legend
Legend
I think it ends up being Atlanta and Pittsburgh. BOth games will be very good though IMO. Great QB play

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I got Atlanta over Green Bay.

Atlanta's defense will come up with a few drive stoppers.

But Green Bay has absolutely NOBODY who can stop Julio Jones on the defensive end. Nelson and Adams are completely banged up. And the packers have zero run game.

The falcons have two backs who will mostly likely have a field day in the dome.

I have the patriots over the steelers.

Just because I hate the steelers.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
AFC Championship - New England over Pittsburgh
NFC Championship - Green Bay over Atlanta
Super Bowl - Green Bay over New England

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I think the Falcons will pull off winning the NFC championship game.

Unfortunately I think the Patriots will win the AFC championship game. Pittsburgh historically doesn't do well in New England. I think Pittsburgh has a chance with its explosive offense and a defense that seems to be getting better. Hopefully it will be a good game with a Steelers win, but I don't think so.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Falcons vs. Patriots.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
L
Legend
Legend
L
I agree. Packers have issues in their secondary, the Falcons offence will eat them for breakfast.

I say New England in a close one, but I definitely wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers beat the Patriots.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
NFC: Whomever is more likely to beat either AFC Team

AFC: Whomever is more likely to lose/Whomever I don't want to hear about less for two weeks

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was a big Vic Beasly hater during the draft. I felt vindicated last year, man oh man that dude put on 20 pounds after his injury last year, he looks like a superstar. When he setup a tackle last week with an outside sprint to cut back and crush the run on 3rd and short, I was in awe. That dude is serious!!

With that said, I LOVED Grady Jarret, more than most people like Danny Shelton. I have tweets from my accout saying I'd take Jarret over Shelton. I don't like guys who are too tall for the middle (ala Cam Erving) nor too soft (like shelton was) he was too fat and too otu of shape. He looked like he lost 35 Lbs this past off season.

With all tha said, I don't think Green Bay saw anything close to what they are about to see this week. At home? Atlanta is moving on barring some Aaron Rogers (aka Best QB in the NFL) magic.

As much as I want the Pats to beat Pittsburgh and I think their defense is going to get EXPOSED by TB and crew. I think they take it, but on the road, they are going to need TO's, so I'm not confident because I think the defense isn't as good as they played last week.

Legend
Legend
Pittsburgh wins if Bell has a monsterous day.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Falcons/Pats

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I would like to see the Falcons run the table. I don't mind GB but, I am just bored with them. However, if they win today then I would like to see them win.

New England, hopefully over Pittsburgh only because I hate the Steelers. But, I dislike the Patriots too. So, whoever wins in the NFC I hope they win it all on Feb 5.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Atl and Pitt would be a good SB, I respect the Pats but to me they are so boring to watch. The only good thing about seeing the Pats win it all would be the interaction between Goddell and Brady.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Rodgers vs Brady would a 2 week love fest , It would make the Woman's march yesterday seem like the opening scene from Gangs of New York.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Go Green Bay and Pittsburgh! Not likely to happen but still hoping it does.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I am pumped for this Falcons game! I have been watching them all year so its fun to see how far they can go.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I'm cheering for Green Bay and a tie... Either way I'm cheering NFL over afc in the super bowl I think.... Not mind Pittsburgh but it's just hard to cheer for them...

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Falcons rule!

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
I'm rooting for the Falcon's to win it all. Don't want either of these two AFC teams to win it all.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
L
Legend
Legend
L
A patriots SB win is worth $100 to yours truly. So I'm a Pats fan, even if I can't stand them, their fans and Tom Brady.

Last edited by lampdogg; 01/22/17 09:54 PM.

gmstrong

-----------------

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Blount is so underrated.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Haha squealers

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Blount is so underrated.

He's a tank.

Outside of the Browns advancing to the Super Bowl, this is about as much fun I could have on a conference championship weekend. The Steelers and Packers both get blown out!? Very special. Thank you.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
taking my lumps now... What a frustrating end to the season. Oh well, at least we made it this far.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Sorry sk8termom. You seem nice, so I won't rub it in.
About the Steelers getting pounded today.

gmstrong

-----------------

L
Legend
Legend
L
wink

gmstrong

-----------------

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Sorry sk8termom. You seem nice, so I won't rub it in.
About the Steelers getting pounded today.

they did get beat in every way possible. They are still a very talented team. Hope they can learn from this and come back stronger next season.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah I know it hurts

gmstrong

-----------------

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
The games were disappointing in that I thought they would be closer. Not much drama today.

I am rooting for Atlanta to win it all because of Shanny, Mack, and Gabriel.

Atlanta's O is awesome and New England's D is awesome. I have no idea how the Super Bowl will unfold, but hoping for Atlanta to win.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
He really doesn't get the respect he deserves. He's played like a top 5 back this season. BB said before the season, that they needed to run the ball out of shotgun to be successful this season. Blount really provided a vehicle for that philosophy.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Quote:
He's played like a top 5 back this season.

Not even close.

Legend
Legend
Said it before the game. Pittsburgh relied heavily on a quarterback mismatch all season. Ben ran into a QB equal to him today.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
He's played like a top 5 back this season.

Not even close.

Well he did lead the NFL in rushing touchdowns this season...

Legend
Legend
Here's Pittsburghs problem. We can all name their top 5 players: Ben, Bell, Brown, Shazier, and Heyward. However, who's next? They relied VERY heavily on those guys. They're all talented, but a team like New England will scheme around them.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yes, and I am not bad-mouthing him. I just don't think he is a top 10 back.....never mind a top 5 back. But, that's just an opinion.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I don't think he is either, but I'm not obtuse enough to discredit his numerically great season.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Y'all.......was Kraft absolutely sloshed when he spoke.

At first, I was worried he was having a heart attack w/the way he was slurring his words, but that last attempt at a sentence.........LMAO.....it was just a clause because he never finished it.

And did you see BB's face when Kraft was making an ass of himself?

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I don't think he is either, but I'm not obtuse enough to discredit his numerically great season.

What? I thought you said he played like a top 5 back this season?

Were you in Kraft's booth today? grin

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

What? I thought you said he played like a top 5 back this season?

Were you in Kraft's booth today? grin

I hope the emphasis helps.

Legend
Legend
Patriots and Falcons also showed the importance of free agency. You don't need to spend like the Jaguars, but you need to make a serious effort. I love how the Packers are run, but they refuse to spend in free agency. You can't just rely on later 1st round draft picks. Even the Ravens do a good job of finding savvy vets that outplay their contract.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2016 Conference Championship Weekend

Link Copied to Clipboard