Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm high on Barnett as well.
Your score is: 11084 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 2 (S.F.): Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 5 (TENN): Malik Hooker, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 12: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee (A+)
Round 3 Pick 2 (S.F.): Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 1: Isaiah Ford, WR, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick

An A+ flush and score an A- superconfused willynilly saywhat notallthere

[Linked Image]

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
You lose points by taking Garrett because he is not a "need" plus you used up a future first so they ding you on that as well.

To get more points you need to not use future first round picks that you started with. It's ok to use the ones you trade for. You also have to get lucky enough to be able to draft a+ players that fill a need highlighted in green. It's very hard to consistently do that.

going fs after trading back, then using the new first rounder to gain Derek DE, then trub if he is there or trading back a little to get marlon CB always seems to net lots of points.

I often try to trade away late round pick to move up because getting an A+ on late round picks is a crap shoot at best.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Your score is: 11186 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Malik Hooker, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 12: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson (A+)
Round 1 Pick 15 (PHI): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 13 (ARI): Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida (A)
Round 2 Pick 14 (MINN): Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson (A)

Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick

I wouldn't mind a draft like this especially if I could swap watson for trub ^^

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
IF we don't want Myles Garrett, we should look at Taco Charlton. He's the best run defender as a defensive end in this draft. He's a guy we could land at 33. Takk McKinley is another.

Legend
Legend
Hue Jackson says a good QB trumps an elite non-QB in the draft and 'it's imperative' to find one -- somewhere

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...ncart_big-photo

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Hue Jackson says a good QB trumps an elite non-QB in the draft and 'it's imperative' to find one -- somewhere

This scares me because it's the same garbage we've done for years. Pass on elite talent for somebody we think might be good. That's what bad teams do.

Legend
Legend
My guy Kpassagnon has been a beast at the senior bowl.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92

This scares me because it's the same garbage we've done for years. Pass on elite talent for somebody we think might be good. That's what bad teams do.

Yep, I'm thinking the same thing.

E
Legend
Legend
E
If he knows he has a good one...again don't be surprised when we pull the Trigger at #1.

And all the Experts are going to go bonkers cause they are so smart. rolleyes

And I'm talking about the experts on TV not here on this board.
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I'd rather draft Garrett then waste #1 over all on a second round or wrose quality QB.

Honestly they can't be that dumb. It's probably being said to lure a team to make a trade to move up and grab a QB. We could easily land another first round pick AND end up with Garrett at #2 or #3

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Any scenario at #1 not involving Garrett, or a trade down that includes a 1st round pick next year, would [censored] me off extremely.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Who knows? We're in smoke screen time where you can't take anything too seriously.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
First off, I think everyone should read the entire article. That first line is a bit deceiving. He talks about finding the best player later on.

I did find this paragraph interesting from the article:

Quote:
"If you can't stand in there in snow and elements and throw the ball, then it's tough. If you can't process information, because the defenses are so good, Pittsburgh and Baltimore and Cincinnati, then it's hard to play. So those are things that are non-negotiable for me.''

Why in the hell would he bring in RGIII [who can't process information quickly] and Kessler [who can't throw a football though a piece of wet paper] if those are the qualities that are non-negotiable?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wentz?

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg

Wentz?

blake jr?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: clevesteve

Wentz?

blake jr?

Haven't had the pleasure.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
First off, I think everyone should read the entire article. That first line is a bit deceiving. He talks about finding the best player later on.

Quote:
"If you can't stand in there in snow and elements and throw the ball, then it's tough. If you can't process information, because the defenses are so good, Pittsburgh and Baltimore and Cincinnati, then it's hard to play. So those are things that are non-negotiable for me.''

Why in the hell would he bring in RGIII [who can't process information quickly] and Kessler [who can't throw a football though a piece of wet paper] if those are the qualities that are non-negotiable?

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like he's almost learning on the job, perhaps learning from his mistakes?

Legend
Legend

Quote:

Don't take what I'm saying as gospel, but I think Hue wants a guy like Deshone Kizer.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like he's almost learning on the job, perhaps learning from his mistakes?

There's no "seems like" about it. He's definitely learning on the job. The questions is, with statements like that, is he really learning, or is he just lip flapping? Because his actions with QBs last year certainly don't back up this statement, and it makes you wonder, how in the hell could he not know that to begin with? So if he is indeed just figuring this out, then he needs to get it right. If his love for smallish Watson, the turnover machine is true as advertised, and he intends on drafting him and trotting him out in this division, we're screwed.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Your score is: 12268 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 4 (JAX): Malik Hooker, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 12: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson (A+)
Round 2 Pick 20: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan (A+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Adam Bisnowaty, OT/OG, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson (A+)
Round 6 Pick 14 (BALT): Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 7 Pick 7 (LAC): Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
I think Hue really wants Fournette. He'd be his Jeremy Hill on roids.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

brownie
He has the build of Jim Brown

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 01/26/17 09:42 PM.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend

brownie
He has the build of Jim Brown

Yup.

Kid is nasty.

Legend
Legend
I'd feel bad if I didn't post this. I am close to the Lebeau family, but this is not coming from him, his teams scouts or the family. Do not take what I'm saying as gospel please. None of it's really Earth shattering though. This is just coming from a personal source I trust:

Quote:
1. Scouts are convinced Njoku goes before OJ Howard.

2. Corey davis is rated over Mike Williams by a good margin by scouts.

3. 49ers even without a GM in place are sending signals that they are looking to trade back. Supposedly, jed york has contacted multiple teams himself in a very sloppy way as other teams are hearing about it already. Will drive down the price.

4. Browns are desperately hoping leonard fournette is at 12 or they will trade up from 12 to get Fournette.

5. Browns have spent more time with Kizer than any other prospect. That includes Myles Garrett.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'd feel bad if I didn't post this. I am close to the Lebeau family, but this is not coming from him, his teams scouts or the family. Do not take what I'm saying as gospel please. None of it's really Earth shattering though. This is just coming from a personal source I trust:

Quote:

3. 49ers even without a GM in place are sending signals that they are looking to trade back. Supposedly, jed york has contacted multiple teams himself in a very sloppy way as other teams are hearing about it already. Will drive down the price.

4. Browns are desperately hoping leonard fournette is at 12 or they will trade up from 12 to get Fournette.

5. Browns have spent more time with Kizer than any other prospect. That includes Myles Garrett.

That is all around disappointing. If we pass on Garrett or Allen and draft Kizer and Fournette I will have some teeth pulled and move to Pittsburg.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

Quote:

That is all around disappointing. If we pass on Garrett or Allen and draft Kizer and Fournette I will have some teeth pulled and move to Pittsburg.

I am not sure if I can imagine a worse scenario of drafting Kizer and Fournette.

OMG........that means the Browns might do it. ooo

Legend
Legend
Fournette can play, it's his attitude that gives me pause. If he had the same mentality as Watson and Garrett, it wouldn't be a bad pick.

V
Legend
Legend
V
He is not a three-tool back like Zeke. His drive is questionable.

I have said this before and I'll say it again..........I would not draft him w/in the first three rounds. I understand he'll get drafted way higher than that, but I just would not want him on my team.

E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c..
I think very key in that scouting list is the fact that the 49ers are looking to trade down.

If we take Garrett and 49ers trade back so somebody can jump up to take Allen...possibly the QBs will be dropping back. Where a Kizer might be our pick at #33.

Not too big at taking a RB...but if that is who we are targeting at #12 but then are we that obvious??? Do we have a need there... I couldn't believe it when the NFL Network guys listed our NEEDS, #1 QB, #2 OL, #3 RB. The last two I thought are not needs.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Your score is: 8324 (GRADE: D+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Jonathan Allen, DE/DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 1 Pick 12: Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State (B-)
Round 2 Pick 1: Carl Lawson, DE/OLB, Auburn (B+)
Round 2 Pick 20: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 1: Obi Melifonwu, SS, Connecticut (D-)
Round 4 Pick 1: Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn (B)
Round 5 Pick 32: Davis Webb, QB, California (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A-)

Legend
Legend

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
My first thoughts were:

1) Garrett is a slam dunk, why spend a lot of time with him? Especially considering we have 3 months.
2) We're looking at Kizer if he falls into the late 1st. I would guess we'd trade up from 33 into the first to allow for an extra year on the contract.

This being said, I agree with you, that would be so disappointing if that was how #1/#12 played out.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With the talk of Kizer & Fournette, here's a draft that gives us both and still lets us take Garrett with the #1. There are no trades, and I tried to go BPA/need after Kizer.

Your score is: 10450 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 12: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame (B+)
Round 2 Pick 20: Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson (A+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Curtis Samuel, WR/RB, Ohio State (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Marcus Maye, FS, Florida (A-)
Round 5 Pick 32: Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama (A)

Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: clwb419
My first thoughts were:

1) Garrett is a slam dunk, why spend a lot of time with him? Especially considering we have 3 months.

That's how we end up drafting a GIlbert in the top 10

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jester
My first thoughts were:

Except Garrett's been in the spotlight for 3 years, and it is hard to find a bad word about him.

I'd at least interview him, but I don't think there appear to be too many potential issues (any really) that will require extensive digging.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
If we're intending drafting anyone #1 I sincerely hope we do more than enough due diligence including but not limited to interview, personal visit, workout,dinner.. ..I'd ask Garrett to also clarify his comment about playing in the cold.

This regime will succeed or fail by this offseason and draft IMO. It'd be insane not to do everything possible to mitigate any risk or question.

Last edited by drobs; 01/27/17 02:30 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Originally Posted By: Jester
My first thoughts were:

Except Garrett's been in the spotlight for 3 years, and it is hard to find a bad word about him.

I'd at least interview him, but I don't think there appear to be too many potential issues (any really) that will require extensive digging.

Joe Thomas agrees. We can not pass on a better defensive talent for a gamble on a QB at #1. At least the with a defender, you will get something in return.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: clevesteve

rofl

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Your score is: 6859 (GRADE: F)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 17 (WASH): Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech (C-)
Round 2 Pick 17 (WASH): Obi Melifonwu, SS, Connecticut (D-)
Round 2 Pick 20: Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn (C-)
Round 3 Pick 1: Evan Engram, TE/WR, Ole Miss (B-)
Round 4 Pick 1: Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State (B)
Round 5 Pick 32: Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Ben Boulware, ILB, Clemson (F)

In my world this would be an A+ tongue

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 01/27/17 03:44 PM.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like this scenario even better;

Your score is: 6922 (GRADE: F)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14 (IND): Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida (B-)
Round 2 Pick 1: Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech (C-)
Round 2 Pick 16 (IND): Obi Melifonwu, SS, Connecticut (D-)
Round 2 Pick 20: Evan Engram, TE/WR, Ole Miss (C+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State (B)
Round 5 Pick 32: Josh Malone, WR, Tennessee (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Ben Boulware, ILB, Clemson (F)

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Who should we draft in 2017? v3.0

Link Copied to Clipboard