Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
The Democrats have lost all credibility as they Protest everything, make outlandish accusations, boycott, leak top secret information and they refuse to stand to salute the wife of a solder who gave his life for America, all in the name of what appears to be Hate and petulance because they lost the election. They appear to be more concerned about themselves than with America.

They desperately need new leadership as Pelosi, Schumer, Warren and others act more like children than our representatives in Washington.

Pretty much. When I read that Warren and Schumer opposed Gorsuch, that just solidified my belief that he is an excellent nominee.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
I don't understand any resistance from the dems side. It makes me sick and I think its ridiculous.

Do you mean like when the GOP refused to even hold hearings on a Supreme Court Justice?

Yes, I think both are sad.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Right along with the LYING criminal E. WARREN the lying scam artist B.SANDERS and that feeble old crazy VADER GINSBERG that is a total embarrassment to our country

P
Legend
Legend
P
You forgot to add Trump to your list.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Riley01
Right along with the LYING criminal E. WARREN the lying scam artist B.SANDERS and that feeble old crazy VADER GINSBERG that is a total embarrassment to our country

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Thank god the repubs did cause we could be a sanctuary country under Sharia law by now LOL

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
No I didn't ,but you just did

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
GOOD ONE lol

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Riley01

Riley:

_
|
|
|
|
|
|
| 48" <- You must be over 12 and this tall to participate in political discussions.
|
|
|
|
|
|
_

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I don't understand any resistance from the dems side. It makes me sick and I think its ridiculous. Does this type of display make them think people will vote for them?

Yes and it works. When Obama was selecting his cabinet back in 2009, the republicans went after all of them the same way. Sadly it has become a requirement of partisan politics that you have to stand up and make a scene every time the other side tries to do something just so you can show your party base back home that you are "fighting for them"... even if you know that fight is pointless.

Quote:
They hurt their chances for any future elections when they behave stupidly.

If that was remotely true, the re-election rate of incumbents wouldn't be nearly as high as it is..

yebat' Putin
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
OK....If you say so

B
Legend
Legend
B
This country has gone Bonkers.

The Ununited Staes of America.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Breaking News...

Democrats have enough votes to Filibuster Gorsuch nomination!

Republicans do not have the 60 votes necessary to confirm!

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 04/03/17 01:17 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
They'll just change the rules to get what they want.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
They'll just change the rules to get what they want.

Not so fast there fella, they now have to see if they have enough Senator votes to change the rules.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Have to say that I have no issue with Gorsuch being confirmed, but I can't blame nor do I mind seeing Dems fight over the stolen seat.

Queue 40's non-factual response. #PizzaGate40

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I am glad we don't have the "Biden Rule" holding us up like it did for Obama's pick. What was his name again? Hmmmm

Legend
Legend
Well the Democrats have forced the Republicans to do as they had done with Obama's lower court judges under Harry Reed when they changed the rules and went with a simple majority.

The Republicans are going with a simple majority for Supreme Court Nominees now.

Legend
Legend
Well the Democrats have forced the Republicans to do as they had done with Obama's lower court judges under Harry Reed when they changed the rules and went with a simple majority.

The Republicans are going with a simple majority for Supreme Court Nominees now.

I've always been for a simple majority on all judges since the death of bipartisanship in the 90's. Pretty sure most dems feel the same way. The republicans are just extending it to the SCJ's now. So that's on the the republican's. No skin of my nose. They'll just change back again under a democrat administration.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I honestly can't believe the Dems are making such a massive mistake. And I'm not saying this from a partisan perspective but purely in terms of the game of politics.

I get the Dems are pissed about Obama's appointee not getting a hearing. I would be too. Constitutionally the Senate has the duty to "advise and consent"... but the Constitution doesn't set criteria that a Senator even has to justify their vote. It DOES specifically say though that the Senate can make it's own rules in terms of how it operates.

But clearly Garland not getting a hearing made no significant impact on the Election. So why do they think opposing Gorsuch in his name will help them out? If the GOP didn't suffer for it at the polls, they aren't going to suffer for invoking the "nuclear option" either. Replacing Scalia with someone similar to him was a given. By not just rolling with that, there is no longer any reason for Trump to care what the Dems think of any future nominees he may present. Why would he? By not supporting Gorsuch, when the next SCOTUS spot comes up which is likely Ginsberg, they won't be able to even say "Hey, we did you a solid by allowing Gorsuch, now return the favor with someone as liberal as Ginsberg. I could totally see Trump nominating a liberal or at least someone moderate and cite the importance of a balanced Court or something. He could probably sell most of the GOP on that too.

But now why bother? By reducing the vote to 51, it really only emboldens Conservatives and Libertarians in the Senate to push harder for a Justice they want if Trump nominates someone too far left (to them).

I just don't see this being an issue they could capitalize on in the midterms even if let's say someone like Ginsberg steps down. The GOP will not suffer by not replacing her with a like minded justice.

The Dems need some new leadership in a bad way. At least to bring back some semblance of sanity and stop the self destructive behavior.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend

Big difference between lower courts and the Supreme Court.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
They're just showing their base that they aren't pushovers. It's not really for some political move two years into the future.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Big difference between lower courts and the Supreme Court.

Also, a lot of lower courts aren't even filled because Republicans wouldn't have votes on them in the past two years.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I really wish non productive members in congress could just be fired straight up. All of them. The problem with that is 90% of them wouldn't still be there.

It's like they are little kids or something.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
D
Legend
Legend
D
Thanks Donald .... thumbsup

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Thanks Donald .... thumbsup

Yes, thank you, President Trump. Ever since Donald Trump nominated Neil Gorsuch, Chuck Schumer has been screaming about mainstream candidates..stating "only Democratic presidents pick mainstream judicial nominees" over and over again.
Mitch McConnell getting tired of it said yesterday:

" In What Universe is Ruth Bader Ginsburg mainstream, but Neil Gorsuch Is Not?" I'd like to hear an answer Chuck.

Legend
Legend
Gorsuch Confirmed!

Please Mr.President, I am tired of winning, too much winning!

Yes sir, you are correct, we never get tired of winning! thumbsup

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 04/07/17 11:37 AM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
we never get tired of winning!

Not that care and I supported the Gorsuch appointment. But they did change to the rules in the middle of the game. Not a legit win.

– Jackie Robinson
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Gorsuch Confirmed!

Aaaand the Lord spake and saith, 'Leap not ahead of yourself child 40th nor number thy chickens before they breaketh the shell, Obamacare still troubleth the people'.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:
we never get tired of winning!

Not that care and I supported the Gorsuch appointment. But they did change to the rules in the middle of the game. Not a legit win.

So does that mean all the judges confirmed when Harry Reid changed the rules are not legitimate as well?

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Gorsuch Confirmed!

Aaaand the Lord spake and saith, 'Leap not ahead of yourself child 40th nor number thy chickens before they breaketh the shell, Obamacare still troubleth the people'.

But Ted, we control the House and Senate, the Governors and Presidency. Now we control the Supreme Court too!

So tired of winning, so very tired.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Gorsuch is the only thing that anyone can hang a hat on and call it a victory. Repeal and replace was a YUGE disappointment.

The roster looks good on paper, but one touchdown in the first quarter does not a victory make.

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Now we control the Supreme Court too!

"Control" is illusory where this body is concerned... and numbers only tell part of the tale.

I remember how the 5-4 'Citizens United' decision sent leftists into a frenzy.
I also remember the angst and handwringing from the right when the ACA challenge was slapped down.

In both cases, half the populace was po'ed beyond belief, but there actually was a process that brought the court to those rulings.

These guys (and gals) play to their own rule book- one that most of us aren't qualified to even navigate.

40: if you want to get some inside down-low on how (and why) The Supremes work as they do, I'd like to suggest a podcast for you to explore. It's only 8 or so installments, but the backstories they tell are absolutely fascinating. The show is called: "More Perfect" (as in 'a more perfect union').

You can find it here.

Each show takes less than an hour. Start with 'Cruel & Unusual,' and work your way UP the page from the bottom. That will give you the shows in the sequence that they were aired.

We mere mortals don't have a clue.

For the record: I haven't weighed in much on the Gorsuch confirmation because he's every bit as qualified to sit the bench as the other 8 who are already there. His basic political leanings will only influence his decisions so far as The Law will allow, so left-leaning guys like me will be stung by some decisions that get swung by his opinion(s), and some will leave me feeling alright- just like it's always been.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Maybe after the 2018 elections will I be interested in listening to those podcasts n such but for now I am sitting back, relaxing as my people run everything.

There are so many like minded people running my world that my biggest decision today is do I lay on my right side or on my left side.

Thanks though Clem for your post. thumbsup

now, where did I set that beer?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Gorsuch is the only thing that anyone can hang a hat on and call it a victory. Repeal and replace was a YUGE disappointment.

The roster looks good on paper, but one touchdown in the first quarter does not a victory make.

Actually Mr. Ted there's many many things to hang there hats on .. way more than 1 .. there has also been some big loud THUDS from this admin ...

I said about a week ago ... while everyones focusing on the Russia thing on both sides ... the Donald is getting in his groove and many many changes have been made "under the radar" ... i use that term loosely as nutting Donnie does flies under the radar ... *L* ..

Some examples ...

- our border laws are now being enforced and arrests and crossings are WAY DOWN ... witch is what we need on a few levels ...

- lots of regs gone on businesses that has all ready spurred growth in the manufacturing sector and that will only improve ...

- business climate is much much better as they await the tax cuts witch will take place after we repeal and replace oBUMa care ... and this is a joke .. its going to COLLAPSE on its own in 18 if we do nothing ... there's multiple counties that we know will HAVE ZERO PROVIDERS in them ... therefore oBUMa care won't be in an option in whatever number of counties that ends up being ...

- were out of the tpp ... thats HUGE ...

- Doj is looking at the crap oBUMa heaped on police departments in his witch hunts over the last 5 or 6 years ...

There's lots more also ... theres also plenty of negatives ... no denying that ... but there's way more victories than your willing to admit if you think this is his only one ..

And Mr. Ted .. don't forget .. were not even at 100 days ...

Can u say WHIRLWIND PACE ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Don't be a-skeert of lernin', 40...
... it only hurts the first time-

wink

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Don't be a-skeert of lernin', 40...
... it only hurts the first time-

wink

One word, 3 letters.

Legend
Legend
yeah- I think I'm familiar with that one-

#GMStong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump Nominates Judge Neil Gorsuch to Supreme Court

Link Copied to Clipboard