Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish
Ever seen that show Weeds? That's how it's gonna be.

Never watched it.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Cause it's cheaper to kill off the poor than keep them alive. Saving lives has to be profitable, bro.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well when the poor come with their pitchforks (which always happens) the greed will be put in check. Not sure we will see that day, but I'd bet my grandkids will.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Those pitch forks will come at the mid terms if they don't get this right. If they botch this, and Trump doesn't usher in another level of internet boom prosperity that makes everyone forget how they botched this (which I don't see happening) Trump will definitely be a one term president.

Then OCD gets what he wants, and all our taxes go through the roof.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You have no clue what it means to pay higher taxes and medical payments if ObamaCare remains. I will prepare buckets for all the shed tears if ObamaCare continues as America's healthcare plan. It is completely broken. You will pay through the nose to keep this boondoggle afloat.

And then your answer is to vote for the people who gave you this broken system and against those who are trying to end and replace it? Not very wise at all.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 03/23/17 08:23 AM.
Legend
Legend
what is boondoggle?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Google is your friend.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Quote:
Then OCD gets what he wants, and all our taxes go through the roof.

LOL, OCD hates taxes almost as much as he hates oligarchic governments that do nothing for the common man other than oppress them. I do however believe in common human decency and that we all do better when we look out for each other. It's almost a Christian view of life except for the religious faith and super being bits.

My idea of fair taxation is taxation only for the common good. I agree we need a strong military, just not a military budget 10 times more than the next 12 or so countries combined. I believe we need good infrastructure. I think providing adequate medical care is the decent, morally correct thing to do. I think defending and caring for the young and old is the right thing to do. I think housing, clothing, feeding and educating those in need only makes us stronger and safer as a country.

I would have no issues with attaching military service or public service for those physically capable to work as a requirement and qualification for these privileges (basic rights).

I have no issue with flat taxing to allow those who are harder working and entrepreneurial to keep more of what they earn.

I also think some programs would be better managed by private non-profits than by the government. So I would be agreeable to well regulated privatization of these programs.

Imagine the innovation, production and economic boosts that could be realized if the very basics in life were guaranteed by our national social safety net. Education alone would increase productivity and the economy ten fold.

Of course somebody has to pay for these things. Maybe if we took back the power of printing money from the banking cartels and stop attaching debt to money creation thereby eliminating the national debt and the interest payments wasted on make believe debt that only transfers wealth to the richest families in the world... maybe we could afford human decency again.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/ubb/newreply/Board/11/Number/1250424/what/showflat/fpart/5

Vote 'no' on Ryancare: Our view

The Editorial Board , USA TODAY Published 4:17 p.m. ET March 22, 2017 | Updated 20 hours ago

GOP health plan remains terrible, not 'something terrific.'

(Photo: Alex Wong, Getty Images)

During the presidential campaign, Donald Trump repeatedly promised to repeal Obamacare and replace it with "something terrific." There are many words for the House Republicans' latest health care plan, embraced by Trump and scheduled for a vote on Thursday. "Terrific" is not among them.

You might have thought that GOP leaders would have reconsidered their approach after the Congressional Budget Office found that their initial plan would leave 24 million fewer people with insurance coverage over the next decade.

But no. The fact that a population nearly as big as Texas’ would join the ranks of the uninsured did not seem to faze them. In the days since the CBO delivered its sobering analysis, House Republicans have responded not by going back to the drawing board, but with some modest changes designed to shore up support among wavering lawmakers.

The changes include increased tax subsidies for some older Americans, a work requirement for Medicaid and a number of sweeteners directed at individual members. But their new plan is just as terrible as the old one.

The measure would still fund a massive tax break for upper-income households at the expense of millions of everyday Americans. It would still result in uninsured Americans showing up in droves at emergency rooms and shifting the costs onto everyone else. It is opposed by AARP, the American Medical Association and the American Hospital Association.

The Republican plan would further destabilize insurance markets by repealing the mandate that individuals obtain health care coverage — even though the individual mandate, which puts a premium on personal responsibility, used to be a solidly Republican concept.

It was devised in the early 1990s by the conservative Heritage Foundation and embraced by 18 Republican senators, including Minority Leader Bob Dole, in their alternative to Hillarycare, the plan championed by then-first lady Hillary Clinton during her husband’s administration

Two of those supporters, Orrin Hatch of Utah and Charles Grassley of Iowa, still serve in the Senate. Grassley even helped negotiate what would become Obamacare (though eventually he and two other Republicans negotiators would abandon their handiwork when they saw how sharply the party was turning against anything bipartisan).

Now the GOP is stuck. For years, it has promised to “repeal and replace” Obamacare, but its replacement plan is little more than less-generous tax credits, Medicaid cuts and a lot of mumbo-jumbo about free markets.

Party leaders are gamely pushing forward on repeal, saying that failure to do so would make them look weak. One of their prime arguments is that Obamacare is collapsing on its own. That is not true. The CBO analysis found that the non-group market is relatively stable. Yes, problems are showing up in some counties and states, but none that can’t be repaired.

Trump, meanwhile, has endorsed the House GOP measure, though he ran in 2016 as an outsider, promising insurance for all and vowing to stand up for the little guy.

Now he is in full embrace of the Republican establishment as he pitches a health plan that would devastate many of the people he claimed to be speaking for. On Tuesday, he even suggested he'd rally voters against Republicans who defied him.

It’s time to put an end to this sorry spectacle. Republicans should drop the repeal effort, work with Democrats to fix Obamacare's flaws, and move on to tax reform, infrastructure and other initiatives that would help Americans instead of hurting them.

USA TODAY's editorial opinions are decided by its Editorial Board, separate from the news staff. Most editorials are coupled with an opposing view — a unique USA TODAY feature.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
It keeps getting better; why have insurance if they aren't going to cover essential benefits like hospitalization, maternity or prescriptions. the whole list is at the link

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/politics/moderate-ryan-health-care/index.html

Inside Paul Ryan's tense meeting with moderates

By Lauren Fox, CNN

Updated 12:05 PM ET, Thu March 23, 2017

Story highlights
Speaker Ryan and House moderates had a tense closed-door meeting Wednesday night
The idea is to change the health care bill to appeal to conservatives, but that leaves other lawmakers politically vulnerable
One member said: "So we're gonna railroad this thing through and there's going to be even more people pissed off--our constituents, stakeholders."

Washington (CNN) — House leaders called moderates to Speaker Paul Ryan's office Wednesday night to discuss a change to the health care bill meant to appeal to conservatives and gauge whether moderates would back it.

What resulted was a tense meeting and still no deal or schedule to vote on the bill.

After dramatic day, GOP fails to reach health care deal

In a late-game development Wednesday night, the conservative House Freedom caucus indicated it may have struck a deal with the White House to include a repeal of "essential health benefits" in the leadership's bill to repeal and replace Obamacare. The change would be drastic and would mean that insurers no longer would be required to cover mental health care, maternity care or prescription drug coverage in the plans they offer.

For moderates, that's going too far.

According to a lawmaker in the room, the discussion was frank and the question for many moderates remains whether repealing the benefits could lead to political fallout back home.

"A lot of people don't realize what the implications of that are," the member said of stripping out essential health benefits.

"So we're gonna railroad this thing through and there's going to be even more people pissed off--our constituents, stakeholders."

RELATED: Obama defends signature health care law as GOP seeks repeal

Moderates on the fence

At this point, according to the member, a lot of moderates are trying to make a decision. Do they vote 'yes,' hope the bill goes to the Senate and the provision is stripped out of the bill and sent back to the House? Or do they vote against it and undermine the GOP's credibility and ability to tackle legislative priorities in the future?

"To me, the central question is .. .could it potentially be worse to their long term credibility if they do force this through right now because people are gonna realize what this means after the fact," the member said.

Tension and confusion in GOP health care talks

Related Article: Tension and confusion in GOP health care talks

"And, some of us will pragmatically still vote for it even though we fundamentally disagree with stripping EHBs because the process argument of getting it over to the Senate so they can strip it out and send it back and just keep this thing moving so that ultimately we can get a reform is still ultimately more compelling than just killing it just to kill it," the member added.

After the meeting with leadership, not everyone was willing to vote with leadership. Rep. Charlie Dent, a leader of the moderate Tuesday Group, released a public statement Wednesday night that he was officially opposed to the House GOP's plan.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
GOP HEALTHCARE PLAN PASSES IN THE HOUSE!!!

oh sorry, just practicing. As you were.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
GOP HEALTHCARE PLAN PASSES IN THE HOUSE!!!

oh sorry, just practicing. As you were.

TRUMPCARE ANNOUNCEMENT....IT'S DEAD ON ARRIVAL!!! GOP SWITCHES TO PLAN B. SPICER REITERATES, THERE IS NO PLAN B.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/325459-gop-lawmakers-say-vote-unlikely-on-thursday

The House may delay its vote on the GOP's ObamaCare replacement plan until Friday or next week, several lawmakers said.

"It didn't look like today was going to be when we're going to vote," said Rep. Phil Roe (R-Tenn.) after leaving a meeting with committee chairs and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), who controls the House floor schedule.

Roe said a vote may come Friday.

The vote on the healthcare bill was originally planned for Thursday, the seven-year anniversary of the day ObamaCare was signed into law.
As of Thursday afternoon, GOP leaders had not made a final decision about whether to delay the vote until Friday or next week.

They were still assessing negotiations that took place Thursday between President Trump and the far-right House Freedom Caucus at the White House. After the meeting, members of the caucus said they had not reached a deal with President Trump to win their support.

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) had scheduled a press conference for 3:30 p.m., but it has been postponed.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
honestly, it seems like the Dems won't have much control on whether this gets passed. and that's fine, republicans got the majority fair and square.

so all i can see is for the LOVE OF GOD conservatives, do not screw this up. at some point, that ideology/party is gonna have to do something for middle/poor class people first, and not corporations/rich.

but i'm not optimistic about that.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
jc

I have a serious question for Republicans. Why is it that in our debates, whenever Trump and Company take a hit, one of the most used canned responses is "Well Hillary this or that" or "Obama the muslim this or that"?

These people no longer have anything to do with anything. Heck I even see the President's talking heads doing it all day long. I didn't know invoking Hillary and Obama was a defense of everything you do, rather right or wrong. It seems like you need the two of them more than the Dems ever did. NEEDY-Like...

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
jc

I have a serious question for Republicans. Why is it that in our debates, whenever Trump and Company take a hit, one of the most used canned responses is "Well Hillary this or that" or "Obama the muslim this or that"?

These people no longer have anything to do with anything. Heck I even see the President's talking heads doing it all day long. I didn't know invoking Hillary and Obama was a defense of everything you do, rather right or wrong. It seems like you need the two of them more than the Dems ever did. NEEDY-Like...

Don't know.

Why, for over 7 years, did O blame W?

Ratt: Round and round (I'd post the link to the song, but the lyrics are about other things. The "round and round" part is/would be the only part applicable)

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
jc

How soon we forget...

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Jc

They can try to blame obama all they want.

If this bill goes through, it's officially all on them. It's Trumpcare time. So when those 24 million lose their insurance, when the premiums go up, who can they blame?

Trump specifically said that his plan woul d have everyone covered, it will be competitive, and that it will be cheaper.

The bill - which he endorsed, btw- does none of that.

Can't blame obama for that.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Trumps failures dont erase Obamas failures.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Obama didn't fail, though.

Besides, if your republican leadership doesn't replace and repeal the ACA, thats all on them.

It's gonna be funny if this doesn't pass tomorrow. It's gonna show that all republicans know how to do is complain, but they can't govern. How many times did they try to repeal the ACA?

Lmao, and now that they have a chance to actually do it, they choke.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Obamacare is a fail. It happened on his watch. We have this mess now because Obama failed to fix it.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I disagree.

All well.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
If they pass this it certainly is on them, and it won't end well for them either. Since the ACA passed, all they've done is campaign for reelection with the promise of 'repeal and replace'.

Trump campaigned on 'repeal and replace' also.

This does none of that.

For the life of me I can't figure out why, after all these years and all those stupid symbolic votes this is what they come up with.

my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
I disagree.

All well.

Are you on Obamacare? Have you any idea how expensive it really is?

my two cents...
E
Legend
Legend
E
Nevermind.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Quote:
They can try to blame obama all they want.

If this bill goes through, it's officially all on them. It's Trumpcare time. So when those 24 million lose their insurance, when the premiums go up, who can they blame?

Who should I blame for the fact that over the last 7 years my insurance premiums have increased at an every increasing rate, my deductibles keep getting larger, I had to switch doctors, and my coverage continually covers less and less?

Because every time people bring that up, those on the left blame big pharma, insurance companies, litigation.. ANYBODY EXCEPT OBAMA.

But what you are telling me is that I'm perfectly justified in placing every ounce of blame at the feet of Obama for the extremely expensive, but totally crappy, health insurance I now have..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
The ACA slowed the increases down. Note that I didn't say stopped the increases, but slowed.

So yea, every time you bring it up, we do say it isn't obama. Because you're acting like healthcare cost wasn't rising at a stupid rate prior to the ACA. And we all know that it was.

But at the end of the day, the cost of healthcare isn't gonna go down, never mind stop increasing, until guess what? Big pharma finally has price caps put on them, and insurance companies aren't acting like predators.

Until big pharma and insurance companies have a damn leash on them, this problem will continue. And the ACHA doesn't address ANY of that. As a matter of fact, it makes it worse.

This is what happens when you're hell bent on privatizing everything. At some point, you and other conservatives need to get it through your heads that not everything needs to bring a damn bidding war, and not everything needs to be ran off of making somebody rich.

But instead of tweaking the ACA and potentially fixing the problem overtime, you guys are throwing hissy fits, and now are close to making the problem 10 times worse.

If you're cool with that, fine. I'm not, nor will I ever be. Honestly I've said all I can say on this. You guys think the ACA is crap. I think the ACA was the first painful step into finally fixing our healthcare problem.

Have at it.

Last edited by Swish; 03/24/17 11:49 AM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Who should I blame for the fact that over the last 7 years my insurance premiums have increased at an every increasing rate.

Healthcare premiums have been increasing at an ever increasing rate long before Obamacare.

– Jackie Robinson
E
Legend
Legend
E
Obamacare is a miserable failure. It's a failure because it failed to address the high cost of healthcare. It's Obama's fault because he let it happen and he did nothing about it when it became completly obvious it was going to tank.

No Craps Given
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
He always wanted it to tank. He wants single payer health care. He said as much way back in the early 00's.
The left all said, 'that's not what this bill is'.
We all said, 'it's designed to fail'.
They all said, 'no its not'.

aand here we are.

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
it became completly obvious it was going to tank.

As obvious as Trumpcare is? rofl

An really it takes a conscience effort to tank a system. Thank You. We'll call this tank "Suck for Bucks"

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:
Who should I blame for the fact that over the last 7 years my insurance premiums have increased at an every increasing rate.

Healthcare premiums have been increasing at an ever increasing rate long before Obamacare.

So all of the lies we were sold about how Obamacare was going to work don't bother you?

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
Legend
D
Obama didn't fail, though.

Then why is it self imploding? ... its SELF DESTRUCTING and no one can deny that ..

He didn't fail ... *LOL* ... WOW ...

OBUMa care is collapsing ... but oBUMa didn't fail ... rolleyes

E
Legend
Legend
E

Obamas MANY broken promises about Obamacare.
http://time.com/4466081/broken-obamacare-promises/

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I don't believe he failed. I believe congress failed, because instead of tweaking the system like every other country does, instead of focusing on fixing parts of it so that it can be sustained like every other country does, congress decided to waste their time trying to repeal it....how many times, again?

I blame republicans lack of leadership. You guys spent so much time crying. And now you guys have complete control......and nothing.

Your leadership can still spend time tweaking the system while addressing tax reform and such. That's what real leaders do. Your leadership can actually GOVERN, but instead of governing, your leadership is standing around with their junk in their hands acting like they have no idea what to actually do now that they are back in power.

Republicans begged the people to give them back the power of congress The voters did that, and now you guys are acting like somebody who conned their way into a job without having any idea on what that job actual entails.

Oops.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: MrTed
He always wanted it to tank. He wants single payer health care. He said as much way back in the early 00's.
The left all said, 'that's not what this bill is'.
We all said, 'it's designed to fail'.
They all said, 'no its not'.

aand here we are.

It was created to get us to single payer ... thats always been there long term goal ...

OBUMa care collapsing is what they wanted from the get go ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
I don't believe he failed. I believe congress failed, because instead of tweaking the system like every other country does, instead of focusing on fixing parts of it so that it can be sustained like every other country does, congress decided to waste their time trying to repeal it....how many times, again?

I blame republicans lack of leadership. You guys spent so much time crying. And now you guys have complete control......and nothing.

Your leadership can still spend time tweaking the system while addressing tax reform and such. That's what real leaders do. Your leadership can actually GOVERN, but instead of governing, your leadership is standing around with their junk in their hands acting like they have no idea what to actually do now that they are back in power.

Republicans begged the people to give them back the power of congress The voters did that, and now you guys are acting like somebody who conned their way into a job without having any idea on what that job actual entails.

Oops.

*LOL* ... what a shocker ... its the republicans fault ... *L* .. do they have the wool pulled over your eyes ..

1st ... I'm not a republican .. so their not my peeps ... but thats OK ... u called me a lush for months even though I don't drink ...

2nd - your defending a guy that passed a law that he didn't even know what was in it ...

Re-think that ... if u still feel real strong about defending your boy .. then u can find someone else to chat with .. I'm not wasting my time chatting with someone that appears to have the democratic logo (the donkey) as his family crest ... *LOL* ..

Legend
Legend
Except the republicans represents conservative ideology, in general. It's why you voted republican in the general election, and probably mid terms as well. So you can try and fight the label all you want, save it for somebody who cares.

Yea, I defend obama and the ACA because I believe in obama and I believe the ACA was the first painful step into fixing our healthcare system. Everybody knows how I feel on thisso thanks captain obvious.

You responded to me, first. So apparently you DO want to chat with it. If you wasn't ready for a debate then don't come at me in the first place, bruh. Come correct or don't come at all.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:

So all of the lies we were sold about how Obamacare was going to work don't bother you?

You are going to have to be a little more specific. I don't qualify to get Obamacare, so I get my insurance through work. I had the same doctor for years and basically the same health plan for years. This year was the first time my premiums went down a tad and I was able to cut my deductibles by 25% and my HSA plan is at $10,000 in pocket. So it's working for me just fine right now, thank you.

I don't know a lot about Obamacare health exchanges and plans to comment. You should ask real people that are actually on Obamacare state exchanges and not the haters here that just talk a bunch of BS about it or they live in states that didn't vote for a state exchange. tongue Regardless whatever THE issues are they can all be tweaked and fixed. But no it has be a total repeal to pander to the party line! They hate everything Obama! It has to be my way, (Trumpcare) or the highway.

Your boys own this one if it goes through. Good luck.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Paul Ryan Rushes to White House to Tell Trump Votes Are Lacking to Repeal Obamacare

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Paul D. Ryan, facing a revolt among conservative and moderate Republicans, rushed to the White House Friday afternoon to inform President Trump he did not have the votes to pass legislation to repeal the Affordable Care Act and to decide whether to pull the bill from consideration.

The president and the speaker faced the humiliating prospect of a major defeat on legislation promised for seven years, since the landmark health legislation was signed into law. President Trump had demanded a vote regardless, which has been scheduled for Friday afternoon. But House leaders were leaning against such a public loss.

The House opened debate Friday on what would have been one of the most consequential pieces of legislation in years, a bill that would have rolled back a major, established social welfare program, a feat that is almost unheard of.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/us/politics/health-care-affordable-care-act.html

– Jackie Robinson
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Repeal and Replace Obama Care

Link Copied to Clipboard