Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
They could then offer the 12 and 33 (or 52) to NE for JG. If we felt we still needed an edge we could move up and get Barnett or Taco.

Hooker, JG, Barnett/Taco

Not a shabby 1st round.

EDIT: If we did that trade with TN we would have 5, 12, 18, 33, 52, 65!

Last edited by PDXBrownsFan; 04/13/17 10:17 PM.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Why is Tennessee trading up to #1 (and giving up that much compensation) for a non-QB?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I wonder how much of this Cousins rumor is to try to get NE to play ball with us? OR, how much is simply that the journalists have nothing better to write about so they are stirring the pot to get people to click on the article.

The Cousins rumor is not a rumor. It is a thing a random person said on the radio.

Also, journalists have nothing to do right now.

Well that "thing a random person said on the radio" is now being picked up across the web and becoming a rumor:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/browns-could-trade-no-1-132446782.html

Within the league rules, yes, we can trade for Kirk Cousins.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
You know what I thought of? Suppose we draft Trubisky at #1 and then O.J. Howard at #12. We don't pick again until #33. That would mean we miss out on all the top D talent in this draft. You don't think that would happen, do you? whistle

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Why is Tennessee trading up to #1 (and giving up that much compensation) for a non-QB?

For Garrett....a "generational player". To get him I would expect we would ask for their 18 as well. But, I can also see NYJ asking to trade up for a QB. Kinda surprised they haven't inquired about Brock.

Also, this is all hypothetical based on all the rumor articles centering around the Browns trading the 1, taking a QB over Garrett etc. etc.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
I just want to throw out what I heard on ESPHN Radio the other morning about the Browns:

The guy said:

"do not thing the Kirk Cousins trade if off the table even for a minute. The Cousins to Browns trade makes 100% sense. the Red Skins can get a high draft choice, and the Browns can get a franchise QB. The Browns have the pockets to pay Cousins the big longterm deal he is after, and its crystal clear Cousins won't be a Redskin after this year if he stays. Washington stands to lose him with no compensation. That simply doesn't make sense. As we inch closer to draft day, it wil become more apparent to Washington that they run the risk of losing Cousins and being left empty handed. Its for these reason i won't be suprised if Washington moves Cousins. Trades like this don't usually happen until draft day, but Cousins to the Browns makes the most sense for both parties. Don't be suprised to see Cleveland trade the #1 overall to Washing for Cousins. He has been on of the best Qb in the league the last 2 years in the overall superior NFC conference. He is a difference maker day one for Cleveland. We will just have to see if the deal happens. I'd say talks have been going back and forth for sometime, but teams generally keep these things quiet till draft day"

Nothing is off the table until the Browns actually make the pick or trade....they are def entertain offers and making calls...i think if they can get Cousins i think they use #1 instantly and don't think twice about it....im looking forward to see what happens on draft day.

No way in the WORLD we trade the #1 overall pick for Cousins. I MIGHT see #12 if they give us Cousins and a 2nd. But even that is pushing it. I wouldn't mind if we traded 2 seconds this year and a second next year. That I could live with. But no way #1 overall. Garrett is a stud pass rusher. Likely at least as good as Von Miller. He is a game changer. A guy that can make QB's have happy feet all day long. We haven't had a player like this on the D line since the return. And not in a long time before it. To trade out of #1 I'd want a LOT in return and Cousins alone wouldn't get you even close. Cousins plus the Skins first this year and next year and that might be close.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
IF there is a QB that we just HAVE to have then we do have the ammo to take Garrett at #1 and then trade up to #2 or #3 to take the QB we so covet. We are swimming in picks both this year and next. We could give #12 this year plus a 2nd rounder and a pick next year. From 12 to 3 or 4 isn't impossible. I could see that a lot sooner than giving up the #1 or using it for a QB and passing on Garrett. I think this is all bull anyway. I think we are going to draft Garrett and then if Howard is there at 12 take him too. That is two players that are best at their position and almost guaranteed to stud out barring injury of course. Those two players would be a big win for a front office that needs a win badly.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
IMO, if we could get Cousins for our #1 and then sign him long term we would be crazy not to. He has started 16 games each of the last 2 seasons, threw for over 4,000 yards in both as well, completion % over 65% in both, over 25 TD's in both, passer rating over 95 in both. We immediately have a legit Franchise QB. He is a much surer thing than MG. We win 8+ with Cousins next season easy, and beyond, can you say the same thing about MG?

I'm sick and tired of losing, and all the regime changes. If Hue doesn't get his franchise QB this offseason he gets fired after year 3. No way he goes into year 2 without HIS guy at QB.

And you stick it to Pryor, because now the Skins have no QB. Just my $0.02.

Legend
Legend
I doubt the Redskins are ganna consider trading multiple first round picks to move up ever again.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
How many QBs in the league are better than Cousins?

Legend
Legend

I'd take the following over Cousins:

Brady
Roethlisberger
Flacco
Luck
Mariota
Rivers
Carr
Newton
Winston
Ryan
Brees
Prescott
Manning
Wentz
Rodgers
Stafford
Wilson

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Brady
Roethlisberger - Done in a year
Flacco - Done now just doesnt know it
Luck - Might be done now
Mariota
Rivers - Done in a year
Carr
Newton
Winston
Ryan
Brees - Done in a year
Prescott
Manning - Done in a year
Wentz - To early
Rodgers
Stafford
Wilson

My opinion 10

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K

Brady
Roethlisberger
Flacco
Luck
Mariota
Rivers
Carr
Newton
Winston
Ryan
Brees
Prescott
Manning
Wentz
Rodgers
Stafford
Wilson

That's hilarious.

You can't be serious.

B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Lets say they are not convinced of Garrett for some reason. What if they LOVE Malik Hooker and decide he is there #1 guy in a position that we are horrifically bad at. BUT, they don't want to draft him at 1. THEN they trade the 1 with Tenn or NYJ and we move down and take Malik and the draft picks we get from the trade.

Just a thought.

Just because I don't like the idea doesn't mean it isn't possible. I'll only scoff at goofy ideas. That isn't one of them.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Cousins is vastly underrated by most of this board. You should do some research and check out his actual stats over the last two years.

Cousins was 5th in QB Rating in 2015 and 7th in 2016. He threw for 29 TDs and 11 pics in '15 and 25 and 12 in '16. Here is the link for 2015 and then just click on "next season" to see what he did in 2016.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2015/passing.htm

Like I say...........he's underrated by many.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If we want Hooker, I'm not sure he makes it to 5. Unless his medical outlook is worse than people have let on, which I am starting to wonder about a little. I was surprised when he wasn't even mentioned in the Draft invitee article on NFL.com, though they have updated the article and gotten rid of the section mentioning Garrett and others opting out to be with family.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have Cousins in the 3rd tier of QBs. Elite-> Great-> Good. But it's okay that we see him differently. I'll give him more respect when/if he wins a game in/after January. He is in the conversation to move up.

I am curious to see how he does this season. Does he take the jump or hit the slump? Can Pryor and Doctson fill the shoes of D-Jackson and Garcon? How does the contract friction play out?

I might break down and shell out for the all-22 this season so I can give players a better look.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
If you have time all-22 is worth it. It can tell you a lot more then TV broadcast, especially about the QB.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think Cousins is vastly underrated by most of this board. You should do some research and check out his actual stats over the last two years.

Cousins was 5th in QB Rating in 2015 and 7th in 2016. He threw for 29 TDs and 11 pics in '15 and 25 and 12 in '16. Here is the link for 2015 and then just click on "next season" to see what he did in 2016.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2015/passing.htm

Like I say...........he's underrated by many.

I agree 100% on KC, Vers. I have had numerous discussions about this very issue with both my dad and my 16 year old son who both think he is overrated and would be disappointed if we went down that route. JG would be my #1 but, even then he is a gamble as his sample size is so small. KC is battle tested and much more of a for sure thing. We will know what he is capable of doing and what we are getting whereas with JG it is still a question mark.

Bottom line....I would be happy with either a JG or KC deal going down. I would scratch my head if a McCarron deal happened but, as Hue knows him better than anybody I would have to trust it was the right thing (and hopefully not out of desperation).

IF we decide to fill holes on defense and offense and run with Kess and even Brock this year I will be fine with that too. But, I think JG will be harder to entice to come to Cleveland as a FA as he will have many teams vying for him and can choose his city/team. Same with KC. We should have accumulated enough picks though to move back up to #1 in 2018, if needed, to take Darnold, Josh Allen etc., which may actually be in this year's overall plan anyway.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I'd take Cousins over JG 10 out of 10 times. Want no part of McCarron, and I pray that the Trub rumor at 1 is just smoke because they would easily be the dumbest thing this FO has done

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O

Brady
Roethlisberger
Flacco
Luck
Mariota
Rivers
Carr
Newton
Winston
Ryan
Brees
Prescott
Manning
Wentz
Rodgers
Stafford
Wilson

You'd take Winston, Prescott, or Wentz over Cousins? I dunno about that at all.

Some of the others are at least debatable based on past seasons that could be abberations or questions about time left in the league.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Brees, Flacco and Manning too. Manning is junk at this point. Brees is 38. Flacco - what the heck did he do last year?

Building a franchise - Cheeseburger is also getting up there in age but dang if he isn't a great QB still. I'd take Cousins though. KC over Brady (he's 40 even if he's the GOAT) Mariota, Rivers, Prescott, and Wilson (I think he's more game manager than great thrower). Even though I liked the potential I saw from Wentz - he's not there by a long way yet and I'd take KC over him too.

There's not many I'd want ahead of Cousins as a basis for building this Browns roster around .... 7. Luck - Carr - Newton - Winston - Ryan - Rodgers and Stafford.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ahead of Cousins? No on Stafford, maybe on Ryan, yes on everyone else you mentioned.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Can you win a Super Bowl with Kirk Cousins?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Most definitely imo

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Most definitely imo

I think we are just on opposite ends of the Kirk Cousins argument. I think he is an average QB in the perfect situation. I would hate to pay him a ton of money and be hamstrung the way the Ravens are with Flacco.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Most definitely imo

I think we are just on opposite ends of the Kirk Cousins argument. I think he is an average QB in the perfect situation. I would hate to pay him a ton of money and be hamstrung the way the Ravens are with Flacco.

Well Shanny left town ... we'll see how he looks this year and can see what happens. But he's been good for multiple O coordinators now. SO not sure what other perfect conditions you mean?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Cousins has been with Gruden for a while but he hasn't had too much as in an OL and weapons...

I like Cousins...said he is the only FA QB I would wish for us to go after...if he was a FA - He's like a more finished and consistent Hoyer...good head for the game but more arm talent then Hoyer after 15 yards.

I think we can win with him...at least compared to JG we know exactly what we are getting.

In HUE I TRUST regarding the QB situation.

But if Redskins are losing him after this season...it shouldn't take a ransom to get him...but Shanny just might offer more.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
I disagree on the weapons part. He's had Reed, DJax, and another good, if young, WR (Crowder is his name?). He's fine on weapons. OL, you may be right.

Addition: I also forgot about Garcon.

Last edited by oobernoober; 04/14/17 03:53 PM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I disagree on the weapons part. He's had Reed, DJax, and another good, if young, WR (Crowder is his name?). He's fine on weapons. OL, you may be right.

Addition: I also forgot about Garcon.

If he is good, and he has good weapons.... then, unless the OL is utter trash, he & the weapons should be able to make the OL look better.

I'm of the mind that while it is ideal to have all three be good, I believe that if you have two of those three, that can compensate for a lot. Is it possible that he really isn't that good, and the OL is actually decent but looks bad because of him?? I mean, yes, he did better than RG3, but that isn't really saying all that much.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Most definitely imo

Well Shanny left town ... we'll see how he looks this year and can see what happens. But he's been good for multiple O coordinators now. SO not sure what other perfect conditions you mean?

Cousins has been the clear starter for Washington for the last two years. Jay Gruden was the head coach both of those years.

Legend
Legend
I'm going to be beside myself if we draft a QB at number one. I think many of us diehards will be. Please, just take Garrett.

E
Legend
Legend
E
99% sure that won't be the case...I would suspect we would do a trade down and get some more picks before we would do that.

But if we do - he must be a success to become a Franchise QB outside of Couch we only invested in #22 or later. So I would suspect the odds of success would be much better and heck if we do Get our Franchise QB by 2019 from the pick...It was worth it.
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
99% sure that won't be the case...I would suspect we would do a trade down and get some more picks before we would do that.

But if we do - he must be a success to become a Franchise QB outside of Couch we only invested in #22 or later. So I would suspect the odds of success would be much better and heck if we do Get our Franchise QB by 2019 from the pick...It was worth it.
jmho

Lol, this is true. 22 is a cursed pick. But I've been seeing a lot this morning on Trub going to us at 1. Maybe Hue knows something we don't. I'm sure he's seen every throw he's made in college, maybe even had him for two workouts (local guys and his own), talked to his coaches and so on. Probably with Garrett too.

But if this is who they feel is the best player, gotta take him instead of getting cute and hoping to get him later. No one knows what anyone else's board is, so you've gotta play it by yours.

I've seen a lot of articles this morning saying we might take Trub at 1. Maybe there's something there. I was def feeling him at 12, but if he's the guy to take at 1, let's take him. There'll be good players at 12.

QB is hands down the most important position in the game. I'd take a good QB over an elite anything else

EDIT: I also don't think waiting for next year's class makes sense. There'll be a lot of QB needy teams real soon

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 04/18/17 10:07 AM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It is silly season...So the more we hear about Trub at 1 the more I'm convinced it's Garrett. The NFL is all about this draft and wanting to keep everybody guessing. Otherwise we'd have already signed Garrett.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
E
Legend
Legend
E
I just read today that the Coaching staff is all over the Garrett pick and that "OWNERSHIP" is the one pushing Trubisky...maybe Dee Likes him... grin

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
God help us if Ownership is putting its 2 cents in. Why we ended up with JFF, IMO.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: eotab
I just read today that the Coaching staff is all over the Garrett pick and that "OWNERSHIP" is the one pushing Trubisky...maybe Dee Likes him... grin

QBs sell more jerseys and fill more seats.. at least temporarily.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
I heard today that the Jets would like to trade back from 6 to 12 so I went to the NFL Draft Value Chart @ www.walterfootbal.com ... #6 is worth (1600) so if we made that deal it would cost us #12 (1200)#52 (380)and #164 (25.8) not a whole lot if your QB is there or maybe a FS say from Ohio State named Malik Hooker smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I heard today that the Jets would like to trade back from 6 to 12 so I went to the NFL Draft Value Chart @ www.walterfootbal.com ... #6 is worth (1600) so if we made that deal it would cost us #12 (1200)#52 (380)and #164 (25.8) not a whole lot if your QB is there or maybe a FS say from Ohio State named Malik Hooker smile

I think I'd do that trade today. At 6 we get one of Thomas, Allen, Hooker, Adams, or Howard to go with Garrett, which is pretty much my dream scenario. Worth the 52 pick to me.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Draft rumors flying about #1.

Link Copied to Clipboard