Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
Browns inquired last night about trading for Patriots' QB Jimmy Garappolo and were told, once again, NE not interested, per sources.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/858010320958312448

Legend
Legend
We was giving up sacks at the beginning of the game, though.

Our line was horrible. Trash. Craptastic.

And those are all understatements as to how bad our o line was.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That could be true...especially at Center.

BUT, I can't even count the number of times last year when I was yelling at [insert QB name] to get rid of the ball.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I think there is a better chance that CK improves in his second year in the league than the chance that BO reverts to his 2015 success.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
#Browns & #Bengals touched base regarding a potential trade for QB AJ McCarron. Doesn’t sound like they’ve gotten too far. Price is high.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/858024081542852608

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You know what? we have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds next year. There are 4 QBs that I liked better than any QB in this draft.

Cousins, Jimmy G and McCaron will be free agents.

Just build the damn team by being smart and by being Patient. That goes for the Haslams also. Be Patient with this regime.

Legend
Legend
Hey man can you school me right quick?

I really like the idea of AJ mccarron. But if the bengals set the price high on him, is it because were division rivals?

Cause they gave dalton a fat contract, so it can't be because they might have doubts about how far dalton can take them into the playoffs, right?

Or is it a combination of both.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Its because of the history of Browns and Bengals. They aren't gonna trade him to a rival unless its for your very soul.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Swish
Hey man can you school me right quick?

I really like the idea of AJ mccarron. But if the bengals set the price high on him, is it because were division rivals?

Cause they gave dalton a fat contract, so it can't be because they might have doubts about how far dalton can take them into the playoffs, right?

Or is it a combination of both.

That and if Dalton gets hurt and they don't have a backup they are screwed (same with Garoppolo/Brady/Patriots).

I don't know if the Bengals/Browns rivalry is as big as deal as it is made out to be. Marvin Lewis is in charge in Cincinnati and he had Hue Jackson are pretty close.

In the end I bet we are willing to trade for McCarron, but the price is too high (which is why the phrase "touched base" was used by Rapoport).

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
You know what? we have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds next year. There are 4 QBs that I liked better than any QB in this draft.

Cousins, Jimmy G and McCaron will be free agents.

Just build the damn team by being smart and by being Patient. That goes for the Haslams also. Be Patient with this regime.

I think this is what they are doing, but it's worth seeing what the price is on McCarron. It doesn't hurt anything if you bring him in for a low pick. The price is too high, don't trade for him.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
That sounds like a good idea. We didn't reach for a QB this year and I'm glad for that. Keep building the team. We have a better chance of getting our QB next year; at least that's what it looks like now.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I think this is what they are doing, but it's worth seeing what the price is on McCarron. It doesn't hurt anything if you bring him in for a low pick. The price is too high, don't trade for him.

Yup. It never hurts to ask. Now we know, and we can move on.

Never panic with trades or the draft. That's the best way

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...

Build the D and they will follow...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
History/this year's draft shows that is what we did, stayed put and built the team....thank God.....Go Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
hmm...Kessler, Hogan, Kizer, and Osweiler...lol sorry I'm bored

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101
hmm...Kessler, Hogan, Kizer, and Osweiler...lol sorry I'm bored

Its better than depressed bro ... *L* ..

E
Legend
Legend
E
Hey, hope you realize no way on this planet I hate you...from another post...lol laugh

I am excited cause I see a much better QB than Hoyer (who has had a winning record here) in Kessler. We have an excellent Prospect who has to progress but his potential is most definitely Franchise QB in Kizer. Brock and Hogan...well they are basically bodies. Brock I don't expect him to be on our 53 roster best case scenario we trade him to the Broncos who are dissatisfied with their QB play.
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

C
Legend
Legend
C
Say literally anything else:

Quote:
Brock Osweiler asked why he thinks he's good enough to start:
"I think the proof is in the film for the past two years."

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/867436704671518720

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I say Brock is under center on opening day against the Steelers.
Not because I necessarily like him but rather he wins out over our less than stellar pool of QB's.

D
Legend
Legend
D
U obviously didn't see Brock play much last year ..

tabber

Thanks for mentioning it again .. i read it in the other thread .. not going to post much for awhile .. its dead time and nuttin new is happening and i'm sick of re-hashing the same crap ..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I think he meant there was proof he had two years of film. thumbsup

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D

Quote:

He made himself sound so stupid there, while virtually his entire interview otherwise was great.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Quote:

He made himself sound so stupid there, while virtually his entire interview otherwise was great.

That's what I meant in saying he should have said literally anything else. Say, "I'm going to go out there and try and win the job."

We all saw him play last year. He refused to throw the ball downfield (despite having Deandre Hopkins and Will Fuller) and did not take care of the ball and took too many sacks.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I know you don't like him, but I don't think he is worse than Kessler. And no people............I am not talking about stats.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I know you don't like him, but I don't think he is worse than Kessler. And no people............I am not talking about stats.

I think Kessler was better than him last year. No with stats. With play on the field. Osweiler looked lost most of the time. Perhaps that was because Bill O'Brien is mean or because he couldn't handle the offense. I don't think it was either of those things, I think Osweiler is a bad QB.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I know what you think. I'm just saying I disagree w/you about Kessler being better.

Not arguing. Not starting a fight. Not trying to change your mind. Just offering my take on it.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I know what you think. I'm just saying I disagree w/you about Kessler being better.

Not arguing. Not starting a fight. Not trying to change your mind. Just offering my take on it.

Vers, you have quoted how Joe Thomas backs your argument with regards to keeping good players. Joe is also speaking favorable for Kessler.

As you know I'm a Kessler fan. I say let Kessler speak for himself starting his second year.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B

I think Kessler was better than him last year. No with stats. With play on the field. Osweiler looked lost most of the time. Perhaps that was because Bill O'Brien is mean or because he couldn't handle the offense. I don't think it was either of those things, I think Osweiler is a bad QB.

I'm a Kessler Fan. But, don't give up on Osweiler, I think O'Brien is a bad coach. Brock was respectable in Denver but a zero in Houston. Was it scheme? Personal? Coach? With some work, I think Brock can win games in the NFL. After all Dalton wins games.

bugs #1275414 05/24/17 10:40 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
JMO. Give them all a fair shot and take it from there. Best man wins.

bugs #1275418 05/24/17 10:42 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Why in the hell would you be a Kessler fan? LOL

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Why in the hell would you be a Kessler fan? LOL

Chuckle!!!

I was a huge Mike Phipps fan. Hated Sipe. Kardiac kids scene arrived. With great reservation, I learned to like Sipe. Then...I understood...loved Sipe.

I see a lot of Sipe coming out when I watch Kessler. I don't recall how much you know about that era. It is absolutely scary the similarities.

bugs #1275435 05/24/17 11:16 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
I was a huge Mike Phipps fan. Hated Sipe.

LOL...........that explains everything. brownie

Quote:

I see a lot of Sipe coming out when I watch Kessler. I don't recall how much you know about that era. It is absolutely scary the similarities.

Bro, Sipe is my all-time favorite Brown's player. And I freaking hated Phipps.

Sipe and Kessler aren't even close to being the same player. Sipe had balls the size of beach balls. He would challenge defenses all over the field. He wasn't worried about picks. He played to win rather than to not look bad or worry about making mistakes. He was the ultimate gunslinger despite his lack of physical attributes. Kessler is the complete opposite.

I'll never forget the time we were playing the Squeelers and Brian rolled to his right...buying time....Jack Lambert came bearing down on him.........Sipe kept waiting.........then threw a completion down the field just as Lambert freaking decked him w/a helmet to the face after he was on the sideline.

Two players..........Harry Holt, a backup TE and Sheppard [an offensive lineman] started kicking and stomping on Lambert on the sideline. Lambert got up and walked back to his sideline like he had something stuck where the sun doesn't shine.

After the game........Lambert said that he knew what he was going to lay Sipe out and that Sipe knew he was going to get laid out, but threw it anyway. It was a compliment to just how freaking tough Sipe was.

Yeah, I know about Sipe.........bugs.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Vers, Sipe didn't do all that his first year. Mr. "I got to see it first"! I believe it took Sipe 2-3 years before he wrestled the starting job. Yep back in the day....QBs were developed!!!

Talk about weak arm...just saying.

If they had a message board during the Phipps and Sipe years...this board seen nothing!!!! I...ummmm...fought for Phipps, literally...almost went to jail. Thank goodness a Steeler fan showed me up!!!!! LOL! My young and dumb years!!!

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
U obviously didn't see Brock play much last year ..

tabber

Thanks for mentioning it again .. i read it in the other thread .. not going to post much for awhile .. its dead time and nuttin new is happening and i'm sick of re-hashing the same crap ..

Did you misinterpret what I said to be about Brock when I was stating it for Kessler.

Brock I said was just a body in camp and I don't expect him to be on our 53 man roster...cause I did see Brock play last year...lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:
I was a huge Mike Phipps fan. Hated Sipe.

LOL...........that explains everything. brownie

Quote:

Bro, Sipe is my all-time favorite Brown's player. And I freaking hated Phipps.

Sipe and Kessler aren't even close to being the same player. Sipe had balls the size of beach balls. He would challenge defenses all over the field. He wasn't worried about picks. He played to win rather than to not look bad or worry about making mistakes. He was the ultimate gunslinger despite his lack of physical attributes. Kessler is the complete opposite.

I'll never forget the time we were playing the Squeelers and Brian rolled to his right...buying time....Jack Lambert came bearing down on him.........Sipe kept waiting.........then threw a completion down the field just as Lambert freaking decked him w/a helmet to the face after he was on the sideline.

Two players..........Harry Holt, a backup TE and Sheppard [an offensive lineman] started kicking and stomping on Lambert on the sideline. Lambert got up and walked back to his sideline like he had something stuck where the sun doesn't shine.

After the game........Lambert said that he knew what he was going to lay Sipe out and that Sipe knew he was going to get laid out, but threw it anyway. It was a compliment to just how freaking tough Sipe was.

Yeah, I know about Sipe.........bugs.

I liked Sipe myself. But you cannot compare the two. I believe Sipe was in his 2nd year before he even got into a game. How many years experience has Sipe had compared to Kessler? He took chances because he knew from EXPERIENCE what he could get away with. Give Kessler that same chance, and maybe THIS TIME we won't have a red right 88 because of his "beach balls".

color:#FF0000]Just saying[/color]

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And Another Thing wink

Wasn't Sipe in his 6-7 Year of being a QB? But you only give Kessler 1 year and him being a Rookie at that? I don't understand your measuring stick.

#GMSTRONG

D
Legend
Legend
D
Rought ro ruru ..

Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Patriots

ESPN's Adam Schefter believes the Patriots will keep Jimmy Garoppolo beyond 2017.

Schefter was adamant all offseason the Pats would not trade Garoppolo, and he was proven right (as usual). "They were never trading Garoppolo, period," Schefter reiterated. "My sense is ... they are going to figure out a way one way or another to keep him there." Garoppolo's contract expires after 2017, so the Pats would have to sign him to an extension or tag him next offseason. "I think the Patriots recognize they have what they believe is a commodity and a successor in the wings and they have developed him, put a lot of time in him," Schefter stated. "They don’t want to lose him. I don’t know how they work it out, but somehow some way something tells me they will find a way to get it done."

Source: Bleacher Report May 25 - 10:57 AM

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think they will end up Bledsoing Brady...Thanks for the memories time to move on...No?

#GMSTRONG

V
Legend
Legend
V
bleed, bleed, bleed.

bugs is the one who compared Kessler to Sipe. I said that they weren't similar at all.

Man, y'all are crazy.

A
Legend
Legend
A
bleed, bleed, bleed.

bugs is the one who compared Kessler to Sipe. I said that they weren't similar at all.

Man, y'all are crazy.

Vers, you compared the 3rd round pick, the guy that wasn't supposed to even see the field that year but ended up having to because of injuries, in his rookie year.........to the Brian Sipe qb after he had years of play.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Options at QB

Link Copied to Clipboard