Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
All Pro
All Pro
I'm very torn.

I believe that Garrett will be out of the league in 3 years. I think he doesn't have a passion for the game, and while I applaud having diverse interests in a well rounded individual, that's not what I want out of the first pick in the draft.

I also believe that if he were as good as advertised there would be teams dying to trade up with us to get him. I'd certainly give up a #2 this year and a #1 next year if I knew I were getting Von Miller. But we don't know that he's that guy and I don't think anyone else truly feels that way either.

Having said all that, while I don't want to draft a quarterback with #1 and my dream scenario would be a trade back, the logic behind taking the QB we want #1 and then taking BPA from there out makes too much sense. Take all of the emotion out of it and it's a better strategy in this heavy defensive draft to take the QB you want and then come back and take the best fit on defense at #12.

Man, I thought I was going to be excited for today and I'm sure by tonight I'll have convinced myself that whatever happens will be GREAT! but this rainy Thursday morning in Chicago is kind of a bummer...

Last in, first out, the sign of a true champion!
[Linked Image from i301.photobucket.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let's hope there aren't any true/false questions in my classes today. I'm pretty sure I'd get sick to my stomach picking anything that started T-R-U today. banghead

I don't hate Mitch, but all this talk of taking him at 1 makes me want to scream.

I like the Watson to JAX rumor. That'd be nice for pushing someone down to us. Mitch at 1 feels a lot like Bortles at 1.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Quote:
Welp, all betting props involving Myles Garrett and Mitchell Trubisky are OFF the board now. The #Browns have even stumped the oddsmakers.

https://twitter.com/NickCaminoWTAM/status/857589170524520448

Well played, Browns. Well played.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I'm just so glad the day is finally here and we can put all the nonsense articles, rumors and speculation behind us. Later tonight we will be talking actual players rather than what this person mocked, this rumor said or who fans think is best.

Legend
Legend
Now it's time we bring in Jim Brown to select Joe Mixon at #1

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Quote:
Does Hue Jackson know who the No. 1 pick is? @mikesilver tells 92.3 The Fan 'it's my understanding he doesn't know'

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/857321431717335042

I am not believing this. Cabot is getting as bad as Tony Grossi.

I think MKC is pretty terrible, but let's not bash her undeservedly. She was quoting Mike Silver when she said the above quote.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
I'm just so glad the day is finally here and we can put all the nonsense articles, rumors and speculation behind us. Later tonight we will be talking actual players rather than what this person mocked, this rumor said or who fans think is best.

It's like christmas in april.

Lets hope that we don't find a lump of coal in our stocking.

Have a good day dawgs.

[Linked Image]

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

Adam Schefter: Mitchell Trubisky expected to go No. 1 over Myles Garrett

https://www.seccountry.com/texas-am/mitchell-trubisky-myles-garrett-top-pick

Myles Garrett wants to be the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft, but some people around the league reportedly expect the Cleveland Browns to go with a quarterback instead.

With one day remaining before the draft, ESPN’s Adam Schefter said on SportsCenter that his sources think the Browns will take North Carolina QB Mitchell Trubisky instead of Garrett.

“I continue to hear that Mitchell Trubisky is square in consideration and may turn out to be the No. 1 pick,” Schefter said. “Now I know everyone thinks Myles Garrett’s going to be the pick, and I will not be surprised if that’s the case [Thursday] night. But I have got very smart, very well-connected people telling me over the last 24 hours that they think Trubisky’s going to be the No. 1 pick. We’ll see.”

The Browns reportedly have been split over the decision between Trubisky and Garrett in the lead-up to the draft. Almost every pre-draft ranking has Garrett as the No. 1 overall prospect in this class.

Schefter made the comments while talking about possible first-round trades. Some have suggested the Browns could trade their second first-round pick, at No. 12, and move back into the top five and take Trubisky there. But Schefter said that is unlikely.

“I know when people talk about the Tennessee Titans [trading the No. 5 overall pick], they figure that Cleveland’s coming up to go get the quarterback, Mitchell Trubisky, at No. 5,” Schefter said. “My read on the situation is that Cleveland is more apt to just stay exactly where it is.”

The 2017 NFL Draft begins Thursday at 8 p.m. ET.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mitch isn't the guy they have wanted all along. Everything changed once they met him. After they met him everything went from "were all in on Garrett" to "Trubisky may be the pick"

I don't think they take him at #1, I think the Browns trade out of #1 and move down a few spots and then take Trubisky. There are a few teams interested in moving up is my understanding.

Even if we do end up taking Garrett it is what it is, he will be a Brown and that will be that. I may not agree with it, but I hope he does well.

I just can't see going into the season with the pile of trash we have at QB...Brock, Kessler...those guys are atrocious...the fans will revolt and empty the seats by week 4....

Hold on to your seats, should be an interesting ride...one way or another we will get a QB...we simply have no choice. unless 2-14 sounds appealing...

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
"The analytics on Trubisky are such that you pick that guy. The analytics say he has the potential to be a very good quarterback.”
-Schefter

My God, that sounds made up. Like hey, we know the front office is into analytics. Let's use that word.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
Quote:

Adam Schefter: Mitchell Trubisky expected to go No. 1 over Myles Garrett

https://www.seccountry.com/texas-am/mitchell-trubisky-myles-garrett-top-pick

Myles Garrett wants to be the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft, but some people around the league reportedly expect the Cleveland Browns to go with a quarterback instead.

With one day remaining before the draft, ESPN’s Adam Schefter said on SportsCenter that his sources think the Browns will take North Carolina QB Mitchell Trubisky instead of Garrett.

“I continue to hear that Mitchell Trubisky is square in consideration and may turn out to be the No. 1 pick,” Schefter said. “Now I know everyone thinks Myles Garrett’s going to be the pick, and I will not be surprised if that’s the case [Thursday] night. But I have got very smart, very well-connected people telling me over the last 24 hours that they think Trubisky’s going to be the No. 1 pick. We’ll see.”

The Browns reportedly have been split over the decision between Trubisky and Garrett in the lead-up to the draft. Almost every pre-draft ranking has Garrett as the No. 1 overall prospect in this class.

Schefter made the comments while talking about possible first-round trades. Some have suggested the Browns could trade their second first-round pick, at No. 12, and move back into the top five and take Trubisky there. But Schefter said that is unlikely.

“I know when people talk about the Tennessee Titans [trading the No. 5 overall pick], they figure that Cleveland’s coming up to go get the quarterback, Mitchell Trubisky, at No. 5,” Schefter said. “My read on the situation is that Cleveland is more apt to just stay exactly where it is.”

The 2017 NFL Draft begins Thursday at 8 p.m. ET.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mitch isn't the guy they have wanted all along. Everything changed once they met him. After they met him everything went from "were all in on Garrett" to "Trubisky may be the pick"

I don't think they take him at #1, I think the Browns trade out of #1 and move down a few spots and then take Trubisky. There are a few teams interested in moving up is my understanding.

Even if we do end up taking Garrett it is what it is, he will be a Brown and that will be that. I may not agree with it, but I hope he does well.

I just can't see going into the season with the pile of trash we have at QB...Brock, Kessler...those guys are atrocious...the fans will revolt and empty the seats by week 4....

Hold on to your seats, should be an interesting ride...one way or another we will get a QB...we simply have no choice. unless 2-14 sounds appealing...

What a misleading title. Because a few sources think it will happen, it's "expected"?

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Also

Quote:

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/27/154495...-nfl-draft-2017

While most people have expected the Browns to grab Myles Garrett with the first overall pick, there have been plenty of rumblings connecting the team to Trubisky. NFL Network’s Mike Silver, who spent the week leading up to the draft in Berea at the Browns’ headquarters, said Monday that Cleveland had been making calls to teams with picks in the top 10 to explore the possibility of trading up from No. 12 to get the UNC product. Silver also said that Garrett is not a lock with the top pick.

This idea of Trubisky to the Browns at No. 1 is gaining momentum. ESPN’s Todd McShay and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel’s Bob McGinn both have Trubisky going first overall in their most recent mock drafts.

I think Garret is the pick if they have a deal to move up at #12. However, if they can't move up, Trub, Watson will probably both be gone by #12. Its just one of those cases of teams having longterm Qb problems drafting in front of our #12 pick.

As i said, should be an interesting draft night.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
"The analytics on Trubisky are such that you pick that guy. The analytics say he has the potential to be a very good quarterback.”
-Schefter

My God, that sounds made up. Like hey, we know the front office is into analytics. Let's use that word.

Yeah, what is the success rate of QBs with 15 or fewer college starts?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I cannot wait until after tonight and all this dust storms, smoke screens and "I heard" and "it's expected" and "sources indicate..." and everything else goes AWAY!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think all of this Mitch chatter is designed to sucker the Jets into drafting him so the Browns don't have to trade up and they get the guy they wanted all along at 12...Watson.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
Also

Quote:

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/27/154495...-nfl-draft-2017

While most people have expected the Browns to grab Myles Garrett with the first overall pick, there have been plenty of rumblings connecting the team to Trubisky. NFL Network’s Mike Silver, who spent the week leading up to the draft in Berea at the Browns’ headquarters, said Monday that Cleveland had been making calls to teams with picks in the top 10 to explore the possibility of trading up from No. 12 to get the UNC product. Silver also said that Garrett is not a lock with the top pick.

This idea of Trubisky to the Browns at No. 1 is gaining momentum. ESPN’s Todd McShay and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel’s Bob McGinn both have Trubisky going first overall in their most recent mock drafts.

I think Garret is the pick if they have a deal to move up at #12. However, if they can't move up, Trub, Watson will probably both be gone by #12. Its just one of those cases of teams having longterm Qb problems drafting in front of our #12 pick.

As i said, should be an interesting draft night.

We definitely can trade up, the price is the question.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I cannot wait until after tonight and all this dust storms, smoke screens and "I heard" and "it's expected" and "sources indicate..." and everything else goes AWAY!

...and the "I knew it all along" also? rofl

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Smokescreen, obfuscation, choose your words... No one knows until tonight.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
-Schefter

Yeah, what is the success rate of QBs with 15 or fewer college starts?

This one is either a blatant lie or someone who doesn’t know what analytics are.

In stats (analytics) there is something called sample error, in the case of Trubisky the data we have isn’t a sample but the entire population. If the number of games were a random sample of the entire body off his work, then maybe we could tell that his analytics were impressive (which even if true, I don’t think that they are that impressive).

If the analytics are talking about measurable and not the body of work, then this is definitely a lie, since Mitch doesn’t have off the charts measurable. His size is ok, his arm is average, his release is on the slow side, etc

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Smokescreen, obfuscation, choose your words... No one knows until tonight.

I don't know if its is a smokescreen, at least not on the part of the Browns, unless we realy don't want Trubisky but are targeting another QB and we want to make other teams move for Trub...

I clearly have doubts, and think this is the talking heads making up theire own stories.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
My understanding is the #Browns have contacted roughly 27 teams gauging interest in moving up or down. Contingencies upon contingencies.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/857608487932760065

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Jon Gruden just destroyed Miles Garrett on ESPN. As I have been saying all along, there is serious questions about his effort and going hard every play. Gruden also pointed out his weak run defense, invisibility in goal line defense and inability to be a leader. These are big red flags and there are many guys in this draft that have character and leadership ability - Garrett does not.

That said, I don't think the Browns draft Trub number one over all but they must get a game changer and a team changer. Do not be surprised if 1) the Browns trade out of the #1 over all or more likely 2) They draft the best defensive back in the draft Adams from LSU #1. They can still get Watson at #12 who I believe they have been actually looking at all along and Trub is a smoke screen to either get a trade partner or make another team trade up for him after the Browns draft Adams opening up Watson for their pick at #12.

In any case, something isn't adding up with all this negativity on almost any channel about Garrett and surely the Browns wouldn't take Trub #1 over all would they? If they do, expect a brand new management staff here next year because at #1 over all on a 1-15 team he has to start on Day 1 and the kid is not close to being ready.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Quote:
My understanding is the #Browns have contacted roughly 27 teams gauging interest in moving up or down. Contingencies upon contingencies.

#DueDiligence

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That should be done every year by every team

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Quote:

#DueDiligence

So they haven't contacted Balt, Cincy,Pitt and one other team....:D

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
I wouldn't be suprised they are trying to move down then take a QB...the Bears and Titans would both be the most logical partners probably.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Deshaun Watson is getting a late boost up the board

Posted by Mike Florio on April 27, 2017, 11:06 AM EDT

Many have pegged quarterback Deshaun Watson as the second quarterback off the board on Thursday night, behind Mitchell Trubisky and likely just beyond the top 10. (This year’s PFT Worst Mock Draft Ever has Watson going to the Cardinals at No. 13.) But something is happening as the draft approaches. Unless it isn’t.

Chatter has emerged in recent days that could push Watson as high as No. 3 to the Bears. More recently, talk has emerged that the Jaguars could take Watson at No. 4.

While it’s possible that some are speculating accurately, it’s difficult to envision either team leaking their true intentions. The Bears have become notoriously secretive in recent years, and the Jaguars managed without Tom Coughlin running the show to keep quiet their interest three years ago in Blake Bortles.

Could Watson go that high? Sure. Some would say he should, given his dominance of the Alabama defense in back-to-back national championship games.

For the bad teams at the top of the draft, there’s a greater chance than ever that one or more of the good teams toward the bottom of the draft will squat on quarterbacks who otherwise would squirt through to round two, Derek Carr style. So if a team without a franchise quarterback hopes to find one in the draft, they’ll either have to jump at the top of round one or swoop back in at the bottom.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think the Jaguars take Watson.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

In the 1st round? Wow...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DIEHARD
I think all of this Mitch chatter is designed to sucker the Jets into drafting him so the Browns don't have to trade up and they get the guy they wanted all along at 12...Watson.

I just threw up in my mouth. And not a little.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If the Browns take one of this years draft class at #1 there will be a TON of Browns Fans loose their minds ( me included ) .. Not much left ther for me to loose though !

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
If the Browns take one of this years draft class at #1 there will be a TON of Browns Fans loose their minds ( me included ) .. Not much left ther for me to loose though !

I mean, they're pretty well guaranteed to take one of this year's draft class number 1...unless we can draft Darnold this year!

Just messing with you, I know what you mean...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Very dangerous to mess with a Browns Fan head on Draft day , lol !

Legend
Legend
This has been reported to have been gaining steam. NFLN mock had it earlier today on one of the shows too.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
j/c:

Quote:
Does Hue Jackson know who the No. 1 pick is? @mikesilver tells 92.3 The Fan 'it's my understanding he doesn't know'

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/857321431717335042

I am not believing this. Cabot is getting as bad as Tony Grossi.

I think MKC is pretty terrible, but let's not bash her undeservedly. She was quoting Mike Silver when she said the above quote.

Which if you think about it is what Grossi does. Actually, most all of them do that to some degree.

Funny thing is, I used to think that Cabot didn't go for this kinda stuff. I used to believe she was pretty honest and direct. Frankly, the only guy I believe in Cleveland sports is Jimmy Donovan.

He tells you what he knows, he tells you what he doesn't know and tells you his sources (generally). And he's classy

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
If the Browns draft a QB in the top half of the first round this FO and coaching staff will be putting a punctuation point on the end of their careers here.

I don't believe there's a QB in this draft that would have been selected in the first round the last few years. Desperation is not an excuse to reach for a QB.

People need to remember, at seasons end not one of these QB's were considered to be worthy of such a high pick. Since then, not one of them have taken a snap. They are the exact same QB's now that they were then. If they weren't worthy of it then, they certainly aren't now. Nothing has changed.

IF any QB is taken in the top half of the fist round it would be Watson.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
If the Browns draft a QB in the top half of the first round this FO and coaching staff will be putting a punctuation point on the end of their careers here.

I don't believe there's a QB in this draft that would have been selected in the first round the last few years. Desperation is not an excuse to reach for a QB.

People need to remember, at seasons end not one of these QB's were considered to be worthy of such a high pick. Since then, not one of them have taken a snap. They are the exact same QB's now that they were then. If they weren't worthy of it then, they certainly aren't now. Nothing has changed.

IF any QB is taken in the top half of the fist round it would be Watson.

To be fair, the teams have been able to interview and work these guys out so it's not like NOTHING has changed. They've gotten first hand exposure to them. Not that I necessarily disagree with you on their relative value, but there has been a lot of work put in since the end of the season and now...

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: drobs
Quote:

#DueDiligence

So they haven't contacted Balt, Cincy,Pitt and one other team....:D

New England, Minnesota, and LA Rams don't have first round picks.

I'd guess the teams we haven't contacted are Balt, Pitt, NE, and Minnesota. Cincy is top 10 and I'm sure we've called them, just to see what it'd take to move up. Rams have an early 2nd rounder. Just my hunch.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Stetson76

To be fair, the teams have been able to interview and work these guys out so it's not like NOTHING has changed. They've gotten first hand exposure to them. Not that I necessarily disagree with you on their relative value, but there has been a lot of work put in since the end of the season and now...

Say what you will but only playing in games really matter unless a guy is a complete moron or jackwad. You can't take second round talent and he suddenly becomes a top 10 talent based on some work out or interview.

He can drop, but not move up.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
There's no chance we don't know the pick

Just saw a segment on NFL.COM with Silver talking about our #1 pick.

He said we have known for 2 weeks now who we are going to pick.
He said there are only around 4-5 who know who we are going to take...we can only ASSume Hue is one of them. Sashi, AB,
Depodesta and Hue...possibly the Owners also???

He said that Sashi said we are not desperate for a QB and won't make a desperate move for one in the draft! So I don't think there is a doubt who #1 is and I don't think we will move up in the draft to take a QB.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: Stetson76

Say what you will but only playing in games really matter unless a guy is a complete moron or jackwad. You can't take second round talent and he suddenly becomes a top 10 talent based on some work out or interview.

He can drop, but not move up.

Happens every year though...and it's not always wrong.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Draft rumors flying about #1.

Link Copied to Clipboard