Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Looks like me on a cheat day.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Crazy good access.

https://theringer.com/2017-nfl-draft-myl...ns-30023fec290b

The writer, Sam Fortier, spent the day with Myles Garrett.

Legend
Legend
I love that he's wearing a GV Art t-shirt!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Crazy good access.

https://theringer.com/2017-nfl-draft-myl...ns-30023fec290b

The writer, Sam Fortier, spent the day with Myles Garrett.

Love it.

Quote:
“You think I’d be thinking about the draft, which I am,” Garrett later tells The Ringer. “But in my head I was like, ‘I’m going to be going against [Browns left tackle] Joe Thomas, one of the best ever, in practice.’ So I’m thinking about how I can beat him. What do I do? How can I get better? What does he do when he goes home? Does lay in bed with his wife? Of course. But the other times, he’s watching film, he’s doing yoga, he’s keeping his body right, he’s making sure he’s drinking right and eating right. How can I stay one step ahead of that?”

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Somehow I just can't picture Joe Thomas doing Yoga

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

You don't have to imagine it!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

You're welcome rofl

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
If I couldn't love JT anymore...man is just a role model human being. I think he and Myles Garrett are going to get on great in terms of diverse interests.

The yoga is an example of why JT is still one of the best. His core strength is phenomenal and his balance is amazing. For a 300lbs dude. Man, one of the best picks we ever made.

Legend
Legend
Most importantly, thank you Joe for NOT wearing yoga pants.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Enlightening

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oober, if it's not real, then someone is a photoshop master, because the contrast, color saturation, and shadows of his image and the others in the photo match perfectly.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Most importantly, thank you Joe for NOT wearing yoga pants.

Can someone explain to me why they even make 3XL Yoga pants?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
I know of hockey teams - junior aged, as one 18-20. They practice yoga.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
Legend
Legend
D
It's funny how our third rounder have more discussion going on than the best player in the draft that happened to be our first round pick.

Why for is that?

Legend
Legend
Cause he's the best player in the draft.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Swish

Yeah, but why for is that?

brownie

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
yeah really, what is there to discuss? This was pretty much a no brainer

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here, I'll say something: Go kill the quarterback. End of discussion.

brownie

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
It's funny how our third rounder have more discussion going on than the best player in the draft that happened to be our first round pick.

Why for is that?

We also discussed Garrett ad nauseam pre-draft, so there isn't much to talk about. We all know who he is.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: Swish

Yeah, but why for is that?

brownie

Lol oh snap

Yo were you watching all the analysis during the picks? A lot of those guys were saying that Adams was arguably the best.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I will say, he's very mature ... I can tell. He's not going to get rattled or do dumb things off the field. He's safe in that way.

Just hoping he stays hungry and healthy.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Now I am going to post this video below, its EVERY defensive play in the game against Alabama when Garret was in, it evne has a nice little arrow pointing him out every play.

This is what I was talking about, this guy DOES NOT look like a #1 overall pick...look at how many plays he takes off, he doesn't even trey to tackle people half the time...he just stands there and watches

Cam Robertson a 2nd Rd pick(taken by the Jags) owned him in this game...but that snot waht bothers me...its hi laziness...get in there and tackle!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He doesn't even try.

Watch the tape for yourselves...we got sold a bill of goods here...lazy people can't be fixed...people are motivated by their own delf interests....Gregg Williams is not going to be able to change him, Myles has to not want to be lazy, he has to be hungry, he needs to want it...obviously he doesn't.

The jury is still out on both Garret and Trubisky, both of them may very well suck, but atleast Trubisky was NEVER lazy and never took plays off, the effort was always there...for Garret not so much...he won't last long in the NFL if this is the kinda effort were looking at....

draw your own conclusions....

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You do know he played most of 2016 on a high ankle sprain, right? That injury occurred on Oct 1st and this game was on Oct 22nd.

That injury usually shuts guys down for 4-5 weeks.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: DIEHARD
You do know he played most of 2016 on a high ankle sprain, right? That injury occurred on Oct 1st and this game was on Oct 22nd.

That injury usually shuts guys down for 4-5 weeks.

Again that's an excuse

if you can't give 100% effort then sit and let someone else who can until your healthy again.

im not so sure i buy that, he don't appear to be favoring that leg at all...

look i hope im wrong I hope Garret comes out day one and crushes people...i hope he smahses Cheeseburgers face in! He is a Brown now!

Im just saying this is what concerned me about him....lets hope this isn't the trend with him lets hope its the exception.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
Now I am going to post this video below, its EVERY defensive play in the game against Alabama when Garret was in, it evne has a nice little arrow pointing him out every play.

This is what I was talking about, this guy DOES NOT look like a #1 overall pick...look at how many plays he takes off, he doesn't even trey to tackle people half the time...he just stands there and watches

Cam Robertson a 2nd Rd pick(taken by the Jags) owned him in this game...but that snot waht bothers me...its hi laziness...get in there and tackle!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He doesn't even try.

Watch the tape for yourselves...we got sold a bill of goods here...lazy people can't be fixed...people are motivated by their own delf interests....Gregg Williams is not going to be able to change him, Myles has to not want to be lazy, he has to be hungry, he needs to want it...obviously he doesn't.

The jury is still out on both Garret and Trubisky, both of them may very well suck, but atleast Trubisky was NEVER lazy and never took plays off, the effort was always there...for Garret not so much...he won't last long in the NFL if this is the kinda effort were looking at....

Tell you what - I've never seen someone so determined to try and prove everyone else wrong. You can say you hope you're wrong and all the other bumf .... truth is you are waiting to crow about this if he doesn't perform. Everything i read is all about you being right right right.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Your as bad as mac, just someone wanting attention.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown

Why don't you get the video of the Texas A&M game vs UCLA before the injury. Then let me know what you think!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Myles admitted he was taking plays off due to his ankle but guys that big often do IMHO. I am not concerned at all. He is a bonafide Monster and I love that we have him. I think he will be a regular at the probowl too.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
E
Legend
Legend
E
?Didn't see this here, a pretty good read.
Love this kid more n more...Glad he's a Brown!

https://theplayerstribune.com/myles-garrett-nfl-draft-2017/

Last edited by eotab; 04/30/17 06:15 PM.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
wow.

That kid's dad can write.
I'm fast becoming a fan, too.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown
Your as bad as mac, just someone wanting attention.

Boo

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
wow.

That kid's dad can write.
I'm fast becoming a fan, too.

Not to burst your bubble, but the Players' Tribune has ghost writers for almost all of their articles.

Legend
Legend
I wasn't aware of that.

This was actually my first contact with that website. Never heard of it before today.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Five draftees who landed in perfect place

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...n-perfect-place

1. Myles Garrett, Browns (No. 1 overall): The Browns are desperate for a super-star talent, and that's a good way to describe Garrett. Some worry about the fit with fiery defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, but I think he'll get the best out of Garrett.

Getting some love out there.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I did a small fist pump when they announced the selection. Nothing major, was mostly just glad they didn't do anything stupid. Such as not draft MG.

Last edited by lampdogg; 05/08/17 07:39 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yep, loved this pick!!!!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I did a small fist pump when they announced the selection. Nothing major, was mostly just glad they didn't do anything stupid. Such as not draft MG.
agreed

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

Not taking Garrett, wow. There would have been a storm of various hatred had that route been taken. I, for one, would've been fuming x100.

Legend
Legend
I still wonder if the Trubisky rumors were us trying to get people to take him early even though we didn't want him so that other players would fall, or just the NFL telling us to create drama.

I no longer believe we wanted him, because why would we tell people that if we were going to try to trade up from 12 for him?

However. Apparently Tennessee was getting calls about #5, that stopped calling after Trub went at 2.. they didn't say who tho.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
I still wonder if the Trubisky rumors were us trying to get people to take him early

Could have been. I also read something that said SF was a heavy rumor monger and it clearly worked in their favor if they wanted to move out.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Browns pick Myles Garrett with the first overall pick

Link Copied to Clipboard