Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

This is why Lavar went off btw. Imagine if they were talking about your relationship with your child.

I think Kristine was completely disrespectful and made herself a victim by trying to attack him.

While any parent would probably not like what she said very much, it was totally inbounds to be said by her or anyone. Lavar Ball has made it that way with his antics. You open the door and a lot of stuff becomes fair game. That's on Lavar and no one else.

And she later got the opportunity to discuss it and explain herself to the guy FACE TO FACE but the (still gotta be clean) jerk wouldn't turn his head and face her.

What a (sigh) jerk.

Legend
Legend
this is his biggest problem. he takes his comments way too far.

sorry, but if someone ever said some crap like this to me, that's an automatic ass whooping.

LaVar Ball under fire for response to Kyrie Irving

https://www.thescore.com/news/1304594

LaVar Ball continues to discover the pitfalls of media overexposure, with the latest incident stemming from a TV appearance this week.

On FS1's "Undisputed," Ball replied to Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving's recent suggestion that the famous basketball dad be prepared to "let go" once his son Lonzo is drafted.

The senior Ball promptly put his foot in his mouth with his response.

"Kyrie, definitely." Ball said. "How you gonna tell me how my son should be when you don't have a kid?"

Irving's first child was born in 2015, but that wasn't the most offensive thing Ball said.

"Kyrie, he's in a different situation," he added. "So you can't put yourself in the same situation as Lonzo. I have a wife and two other sons. You not in that situation ... first of all, your mom wasn't there, so something's got to change right there. It's not the same. Lonzo can come home and see his mom and dad all the time."

Irving's mother, Elizabeth, died when he was 4 years old.

Ball has already raised the ire of Irving's teammate, LeBron James, who warned him not to make observations about his children.

The online reaction to Ball's take on Irving was furious.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Unreal. What a complete jerk. And some wanna make him a victim. crazy

A
Legend
Legend
A
Just my opinion, of course, but I think "dad" is putting too much undeserved pressure on his kid. It's very possibly going to have a negative effect on the kid.

I think Lavar is a loud mouth wanna be that's looking for money. I'd also bet his kid/s would like to tell him to shut up.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
He's such a moron. Helicopter parents are crazy. But I think Lonzo might be a good kid.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
this is his biggest problem. he takes his comments way too far.

sorry, but if someone ever said some crap like this to me, that's an automatic ass whooping.

Trust me, he's going to get it ... through his son. You don't think everyone is champing at the bit to eviscerate his son in his rookie year?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
This La'Var guy is just delusional, like he has no idea how things work, how aloof he comes off as, or how much pressure he is putting on his son.

Just out of curiosity, how much would Lonzo Ball have earned in endorsements if he just signed with one of the big shoemakers... probably a few million dollars a year or so, right off the bat?

This is where La'Var would say, "But you're not a big baller!"

Legend
Legend
he would have made at least a few million per year if he signed with Nike/Adidas ... Probably a 4-5 year deal worth 50 mill

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
All I have to say is poor kid. Generally speaking what happens on a team stays on the team but when you have a father not worried about how his opinions come off about anyone or anything Lonzo's gonna get it from all sides. That is a whole lot more pressure than just dealing with being a top pick and your focusing on your game. These guys have wife's, children etc etc to support and they won't tolerate all the drama that hurts their team and it's ability to work. These guys unlike in college have huge contracts to chase down and I imagine they won't allow drama get in the way of that.

Legend
Legend
I hope the Lakers trade the #2 to Indiana for PG13 and the Pacers take Lonzo.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I hope the Lakers trade the #2 to Indiana for PG13 and the Pacers take Lonzo.

That's not going to happen. The Lakers pretty much know they'll get PG13 in Free Agency next year, so there's no real reason for them to give up a huge draft pick to get him in a year earlier, when they have no chance of contending this next season anyway.

Legend
Legend
I just want someone in a small martlet to take him.

Because it's funny to me.

Nothing against the kid.

I joked about him going to Minnesota earlier. But honestly a Lonzo/Levine/Wiggins/Towns core could be scary good in 2-3 years.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I just want someone in a small martlet to take him.

Because it's funny to me.

Nothing against the kid.

I joked about him going to Minnesota earlier. But honestly a Lonzo/Levine/Wiggins/Towns core could be scary good in 2-3 years.
haha, yeah ... have someone like Indiana, Utah, Detroit, etc

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum La'Var Ball at it Again

Link Copied to Clipboard