Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Was playing madden heavily, but I just purchased destiny 2 over this last weekend and that has taken up the very little time I have to play these days.

**Anyone on here very disappointed with PSVR as I am? amazing graphics, amazing potential, yet no games for it.....Thinking about selling it.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
My take on Wildlands is I hated it and should have bought Mass Effect (with poor reviews) instead. I've still yet to play it again since I quit awhile ago, but haven't sold it yet. If you have a friend or something, then I heard Wildlands is probably very fun and etc to play.
To me Wildlands was very fun if you have 2 or 3 buddies to play with. If you do are trying to play yourself, its just the same thing over and over again.

Best part of the game, I acquired a parachute when my brother and friend did not. We got in a chopper (I was pilot) and I took it to the clouds. I then hopped out and let them fall to their demise as I floated to the ground. The cuss words I heard from them will stick with me to the day I die smile

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
My take on Wildlands is I hated it and should have bought Mass Effect (with poor reviews) instead. I've still yet to play it again since I quit awhile ago, but haven't sold it yet. If you have a friend or something, then I heard Wildlands is probably very fun and etc to play.
To me Wildlands was very fun if you have 2 or 3 buddies to play with. If you do are trying to play yourself, its just the same thing over and over again.

Best part of the game, I acquired a parachute when my brother and friend did not. We got in a chopper (I was pilot) and I took it to the clouds. I then hopped out and let them fall to their demise as I floated to the ground. The cuss words I heard from them will stick with me to the day I die smile

That's hilarious.

I find that Destiny is similar (you need people playing with you to make it fun), but you are able to enjoy the game for a while if you are solo.

Are you on Xbox?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
PSN - I was a devout Xbox user until the PS4 came out, everything I read said many many more games, and better tech, and tends to be true.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I am firmly entrenched in Xbox because many of my friends from college and high school (that still play) are on there. I don't see myself leaving for PS.

If I had started with PS, I would probably feel the same way about that console.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I am firmly entrenched in Xbox because many of my friends from college and high school (that still play) are on there. I don't see myself leaving for PS.

If I had started with PS, I would probably feel the same way about that console.

I own them both. But I don't play multiplayer, at least not with friends.

My only friend who plays video games still has playstation and xbox, but he already bought Destiny 2 for playstation, so I'll eventually get that so we can do a campaign together.

Honestly, the whole multiplayer gaming thing doesn't do it for me. I've tried it, and never had much interest lately. When I was in middle school/highschool, I was heavy into PC Multiplayer Gaming (I was an excellent Counter Strike/TFC player) and I played a lot of Age of Empires via the internet.

But with consoles, and at the age of 32, I prefer to play single player games. I enjoyed Destiny, but had no interest in doing anything with anyone else. Wouldn't have changed much for me if it was single player only (except for going through one campaign with my buddy).

Looking at my lineup of the next two games I'll be playing after I beat Mass Effect: Andromeda (which I'm still loving, hooked on that one), Quantam Break and Assassin's Creed in London.

But I play a lot of games, and I'll say, after Witcher 3 (multi-plat), Horizon is the best game of this generation IMO (over Zelda). After that, there's multi-plats, but Bloodborne is up there in that tier (right behind Horizon). Sunset Boulevard is my fav Xbox Exclusive, and it just doesn't rank up there with the best on PS4.

I play a lot of games, and hands down this generation, PS4 has the better games. It's not even close. I don't include Nintendo because they just don't have that many games, period. Their recent systems might as well be considered a 1st part only exclusive system. Plus, they [censored] me off (yet I buy their systems too)

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
**Anyone on here very disappointed with PSVR as I am? amazing graphics, amazing potential, yet no games for it.....Thinking about selling it.

I've played a bit of PSVR and I'm impressed, but I get a bit of the VR Motion Sickness stuff.

I think that hurts it, plus I think the games are so demanding that developers struggle making a full game the likes of most console games.

I've played that eagle game, the demos that came with the system, the machine game that got me all nauseous as I'd jump from asteroid to asteroid, and then the Star Wars add on where you're in a fighter ship. The demo game that was the jewel heist game IMO was wonderful. And the eagle flying game was good too.

But either way, I think the PSVR simply doesn't have the power to run a real game that's in VR. That's why you feel like you can "never get a real game". But I've never played Far Point or whatever the name of that new Sony Shooter, which looked like it had potential.

I think we'll eventually see more and more VR, but it's gonna take time. Like I said, they've gotta figure out that VR Fatigue/Motion Sickness stuff, because that's rough and limits the playing base.

I work on tugboats out on the ocean, and I rarely get seasick. When I do, seasickness usually goes away as soon as things calm down or as soon as you reach the dock. With VR, it's not like that (at least for me). I end up feeling drained for hours, and sometimes nauseous for a little while after

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
That game with the asteroids is the only one that got me a little sick. I have not had a problem with any other game, and Ive spent some time plaything them.

I just see games coming out for it...mostly just add-ons with a board like COD and Battlefront.

I just think for the 400+ I spent on it, I should have at least more than 4 games to pick from.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
There is talk of battlefront 2 being pay to win. I read they are not doing a season pass for it(good news). However, they will look to make money through micro transactions. Beta revealed the random crate system to get new items in the game. It was also revealed crates can be purchased with real money. What the real money crates will get vs ingame crates is unknown.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Squires
There is talk of battlefront 2 being pay to win. I read they are not doing a season pass for it(good news). However, they will look to make money through micro transactions. Beta revealed the random crate system to get new items in the game. It was also revealed crates can be purchased with real money. What the real money crates will get vs ingame crates is unknown.

I don't like that model, either.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I watched the new Last Of Us II trailer... OMG,

Wow.......

Wow.....

Wow..

WOWWWWWWWW.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I watched the new Last Of Us II trailer... OMG,

Wow.......

Wow.....

Wow..

WOWWWWWWWW.

Havent watched it yet, but I did just pre-order battlefront, I said with the last one it was gong to be the last time star wars let me down with a game, but after watching the trailer for II, I drove to gamestop and bought it. smile

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Battlefront II is definitely in my cross hairs. It looks fun. I'm not a fan of the model that Squires presented so, I'm holding off on any preorder.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Honestly, I've pretty much made up my mind that no game deserves a pre-order anymore.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Honestly, I've pretty much made up my mind that no game deserves a pre-order anymore.

You're right, and they usually go on sale in a month or two after they release.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I am the biggest Mass Effect fan there is, and after I played ME:A, that was when I decided that.

-PrplPplEater
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I still haven't played ME. I've been looking on Craigslist on and off, but haven't seen it used there. Could hunt eBay for that now.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Battlefront II is definitely in my cross hairs. It looks fun. I'm not a fan of the model that Squires presented so, I'm holding off on any preorder.

If you're lucky, it'll be on sale within a month. Last Battlefront released a month before episode 7 hit theaters. It went on sale for $30 the weekend of the theater release. Hopefully same thing will happen this time around.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
True, but with pre orders you get the DLC included, all of them, which does save money on that in some cases.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
True, but with pre orders you get the DLC included, all of them, which does save money on that in some cases.

No, definitely not "all of them" and what I've become to understand is buying the game on preorder, you get a small amount of the DLC. An extra attire/uniform set, a gun or two. You get some exlcuslive minor content depending where you buy it (ie, Walmart, GameStop and Best Buy I've seen have their own "exclusive if you buy it new from me, you get _____".)

DLC is beginning to get unreal. I think the retail price of $60, for example on a new PS4 game, should go down to $40 new if every company now is going to pack half the game/features/etc into buyable content/DLC.

Quite frankly, it pisses me off.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll have to go back and look, but I don't think pre-ordering gets you the real DLC. It gets you shaders, uniforms and other small stuff like that. The meat of the DLC comes later with add-ons to the game, and you end up paying for that either way (is my recollection).

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I'll have to go back and look, but I don't think pre-ordering gets you the real DLC. It gets you shaders, uniforms and other small stuff like that. The meat of the DLC comes later with add-ons to the game, and you end up paying for that either way (is my recollection).
it depends on the game. I know in the past COD pre orders w/ the deluxe version (usually 89 or 99) you get all the DLC and expansions. Typically that is the only game I go in on the expansion and DLC for. Most other games I play solo so I don't really need those. Ill let you know about battlefront.

Im pumped for COD this week!

O
Legend
Legend
O
So the deluxe version gets you the "real" dlc... which costs ~$20 more.

So you're still paying for it, is my point.

-PrplPplEater
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Any of you pick up Mario Odyssey?

J
Legend
Legend
J
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

We did. Having a lot of fun playing it so far!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
sooo excited for COD tomorrow! Cant wait to grab it.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg

I've heard nothing but positive reviews. Trying to get through Zelda, then I'll be getting it.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Anyone get COD last night? Im picking my up today? any reviews, thoughts?

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
And the new Assassin's Creed game, the only one I haven't preordered after the second game since pretty much... I haven't heard much about that either.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
And the new Assassin's Creed game, the only one I haven't preordered after the second game since pretty much... I haven't heard much about that either.
I was never a huge AC fan, but Black Flag and Freedom Cry are two of my favorite games. I can play over and over.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Black Flag was pretty sweet. I LOVED the addition of ship battle and the trade/exploration with your fleet.

Syndicate was awful.

-PrplPplEater
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
I’m downloading COD right now from the xbox store so my daughter and me can play it n both xbox’s. It’s downloading at 65+ mbs. So slow for our normal 100+ mbs.

Anyone wants to play on xbox my gamertag is BeerFrenchy.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Anyone get COD last night? Im picking my up today? any reviews, thoughts?

I was waiting for you to tell me tongue

I almost bought it last night. Excited to see it back in ww2, but I haven't bought a CoD on release day since MW3. Figured I'd wait. Looking at reddit, does sound like there were some server issues.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Daughter has been able to play upstairs on her xbox, me a no go downstairs on mine, frustrating. Hope its just opening day server jitters.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
I’m also up for some Madden sometime.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Daughter has been able to play upstairs on her xbox, me a no go downstairs on mine, frustrating. Hope its just opening day server jitters.

What kind of setup are you using? If you are using an older router and your daughter is tech savvy, she might have set up port forwarding for her xbox.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg

You maange to have fun in your life?! Kidding tongue

I had no clue you guys owned a switch. My girlfriend is hooked on Splatoon, and she always encourages me to play Mario as of late.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I got sucked into watching a few more Battelfront II trailers and I just love Star Wars too much to not preorder this one. By the time this game gets boring to me, I'll be able to buy many others used for dirt cheap. Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Shadows of Motar and etc.

Can't wait to play as Darth Maul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
The new CoD is so much fun. Anyone have it on here for the PS4? My name is Tupave on PSN. Add me if you want to play CoD, 2k, or Madden.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
CHS, I am on ps4. jsus-85.

My thoughts on CoD so far. popped it in and started a multiplayer match. played for awhile and got the hang of the new setup to test it out. The went over the campaign. This is the first campaign so far that I have exclusively played since I have got it! Right from the start you are completely immersed. Probably the truest war game I have played. They really have outdone themselves with the campaign as far as I have played so far.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Gaming Thread, Part III

Link Copied to Clipboard