Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
Any of you pick up Mario Odyssey?

We did. Having a lot of fun playing it so far!

You maange to have fun in your life?! Kidding tongue

I had no clue you guys owned a switch. My girlfriend is hooked on Splatoon, and she always encourages me to play Mario as of late.

Super Mario Odyssey is a blast! The hits on Switch keep coming.

Eat it Phil...
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Hey guys, I'm on the PS4 too. Message me if you're getting Battlefront II and we can experience the full power of the dark side when it comes out lol. I'm not playing anything else at the moment aside Battlefront I.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Here's a video of the new BF II Hero Vs Villian mode and it looks outright amazing:

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I don't think I ever laughed so hard at the end of a video game as I did at Mario Odyssey.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Here's a video of the new BF II Hero Vs Villian mode and it looks outright amazing:

I am ready for this game. But I have read some things that concern me. A lot of people are complaining its a pay to win game. The only way you get the heroes and villains to play as is to pay for them.

I wish they had a VR experience for this game. More than just a single mission. I would love to pilot a Xwing fighter for a couple rounds.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Someone with a YouTube channel was donated $100 dollars to open loot boxes. He has a whole video of him doing it, it's incredibly long and I couldn't watch all of it but anyway, he said it wasn't ALL that much of an advantage in one of his gameplay videos. $100 dollars in loot boxes. It does come down to strategy and talent.

It does not have a match mode which sucks though. No 1v1 with your buds, at least not yet. I suppose they'll do what they did for the previous BF.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Someone with a YouTube channel was donated $100 dollars to open loot boxes. He has a whole video of him doing it, it's incredibly long and I couldn't watch all of it but anyway, he said it wasn't ALL that much of an advantage in one of his gameplay videos. $100 dollars in loot boxes. It does come down to strategy and talent.

It does not have a match mode which sucks though. No 1v1 with your buds, at least not yet. I suppose they'll do what they did for the previous BF.
That's good to hear. I am way too excited for this game. I typically don't get this amped up for a game either. I really really hope they don't let me down. The last BF i thought could have been so much more. the graphics, sound, etc was so on point, but the gameplay and game itself needed major overhaul. And a campaign mode. I hope they get it right this time. If so, it will be my last Battlefront that i ever purchase.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Good news for battlefront 2, looks like DICe is listening.

Battlefront 2 players enraged over microtransactions

Quote:
Early players discovered that the number of credits accrued through gameplay was small; one user even calculated that players earn an average of 275 credits in a standard match of Galactic Assault, which apparently takes an average time of 11 minutes and 9 seconds to complete. By this calculation, it would take you about 40 hours to earn the 60,000 credits to purchase Darth Vader as a playable character. However--and this is the area where microtransactions come into play--you can avoid this progression system entirely and get the same character in Hero Crates. You can purchase these crates with Crystals, an in-game currency available only by paying real-world money.

Quote:
EA’s response was met with a multitude of comments and downvotes from frustrated players. At over 362,000 downvotes, it’s currently the most hated comment in Reddit’s history.

DICe response:
Quote:
Update, 11/13/2017, 1:52pm PST: A new blog post from DICE executive producer John Wasilczyk has appeared on the game's website. In light of the recent controversy on Reddit, he wrote that "it's clear that more changes were needed." The studio will reduce the cost of credits required to get the game's top heroes by 75%. Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker will now cost you 15,000 credits; Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca, and Leia are available for 10,000 credits; and Iden Versio is now at 5,000 credits.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Can't wait for Friday. I don't know what Hero I wish to unlock first!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Squires
Good news for battlefront 2, looks like DICe is listening.

Battlefront 2 players enraged over microtransactions

Quote:
Early players discovered that the number of credits accrued through gameplay was small; one user even calculated that players earn an average of 275 credits in a standard match of Galactic Assault, which apparently takes an average time of 11 minutes and 9 seconds to complete. By this calculation, it would take you about 40 hours to earn the 60,000 credits to purchase Darth Vader as a playable character. However--and this is the area where microtransactions come into play--you can avoid this progression system entirely and get the same character in Hero Crates. You can purchase these crates with Crystals, an in-game currency available only by paying real-world money.

Quote:
EA’s response was met with a multitude of comments and downvotes from frustrated players. At over 362,000 downvotes, it’s currently the most hated comment in Reddit’s history.

DICe response:
Quote:
Update, 11/13/2017, 1:52pm PST: A new blog post from DICE executive producer John Wasilczyk has appeared on the game's website. In light of the recent controversy on Reddit, he wrote that "it's clear that more changes were needed." The studio will reduce the cost of credits required to get the game's top heroes by 75%. Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker will now cost you 15,000 credits; Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca, and Leia are available for 10,000 credits; and Iden Versio is now at 5,000 credits.
I give them credit for actually listening for once. Destiny needs to do that.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Ill let you know how it is. If you get the Deluxe Trooper edition you get it today.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Ill let you know how it is. If you get the Deluxe Trooper edition you get it today.

I didn't, just hte regular version. Walmart says pickup on Friday, so I'm hoping it's already at the store ready for store pickup. Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Well, im hoping I get it today. My wife works 5 min from me, so we drive together. She has the car. She then said she was working through lunch, I told her "my arse!!! your supposed to go pick that up for me!!!!" so im hoping she made it over there. arghh the agony of not knowing!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Reviews haven't been too good. I'm gonna hold off on this one. My best buddy is getting it and maybe I'll borrow his in January.

I've got two good games to go through before Black Friday, and that doesn't include Prey (which I own for X1).

My best buddy and I have been playing Destiny 2, but I still don't understand the story. Gameplay and graphics are good, and the levels seem to be huge. So it's fun just to get on the phone with him and kick some butt, but I have no interest in anything else with the game.

Instead, I'll be working on the new Uncharted Spin Off (short but fun, given on loan) and I'm gonna buy the new Horizon Until Dawn DLC.

I don't normally buy DLC, but Horizon Until Dawn was just a wonderful game. Best game of the year IMO. Certainly knocked Zelda out of the water. Zelda was decent, but Horizon is a whole new ball game. Better enemies, better story, better gameplay. Just better better better.

Witcher 3 is the only thing of this generation that compares IMO.

New games that excite me the most though would be Wolfenstein and Assassin's Creed. Love those games

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 11/14/17 05:42 PM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I've seen nothing but good stuff about playing BF2 and good reviews on YouTube. If you're not a multi-player guy, then I can guess it probably isn't a good single campaign.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I've seen nothing but good stuff about playing BF2 and good reviews on YouTube. If you're not a multi-player guy, then I can guess it probably isn't a good single campaign.

See, I enjoyed Battlefront 1 for a week (multiplayer), then I had no interest.

But that's the thing. I've never got into multiplayer since playing ridiculous amounts of Counterstrike and Age Of Empires like 15+ years ago

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I just paid $60 for a year to play online, so I do enjoy the aspect of playing with others and etc. To me, it prolongs the game's worth and level of interest. Games like Socom and etc were absolute great because the multiplayer at the time was free, very fun and the games came with a fantastic single campaign too.

Nothing beats hearing about how your Mom by a seven year old kid or their kid cussing!!!!!!!!!! rofl

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
P2W flamingmad He covers the advantages of paying in the first 5 minutes. Rest is a review on gameplay.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
BattleFront Review -

I played mostly the campaign last night and a little bit multiplayer.

I was most let down with BF1 due to the lack of campaign. So I hit that first without question.

Pros -

The graphics are just superior to other games. I mean it might be one of the best games I have played graphic wise.

Sound - The sounds of blasters, Xwing fighters, ties, etc are spot on. They were in BF1 and don't miss a beat in BF2. The music is great, it creates true feel during gameplay.

Campaign - Just having it makes it a step above BF1. Start out as special forces tropper. I progressed through a couple levels, and was taking over flight of a tie fighter in a massive dog fight. The rebels had a captured walker that they turned, and I had to take that down with multiple shots of a rocket launcher. The campaign was very fun last night, and I look forward to continuing it.

Multiplayer - The MP is similar to BF1 but more immense. You can do strikes, arcade mode, etc. I only played fighter aspect, as I love dog fighting.

1st and 3rd - you can choose to play in 1st person and 3rd person. I like being able to go back and forth. When its close combat, I prefer 3rd, when its farther away you get a better zoom on 1st

Cons -

The controls are sluggish. I had to go in and up the sensitivity of aiming. You cant change the speed of the character though, so moving and jumping is sluggish.

Aiming is a little off to me - idk, in games like destiny and cod and other shooters, I am typically a crack shot at aiming. I find myself struggling to aim in this. Might have to do with controls, haven't pinpointed yet.

Complicated loot system and rewards. Its a little overwhelming with the perks, rewards, star cards, etc. Going to take time to get used to it and understand it all.

OVERALL - I think its a big upgrade to BF1. If you enjoyed BF1, everything is there you loved about it. If you were left with a sour taste in your mouth after BF1 (like I was) this is a great improvement with the campaign. There are definitely still some wrinkles that they need to iron out. But I happy with it. Its not perfect, but its far from a bad game. Personally, Id rather just be a jedi going through missions like a typical star wars game, but BF was never about that. I think that is where a lot negativity comes from. People have the wrong expectations. But again also, I feel I have to point out, the graphics. They really are top notch.

Hope that helps. Let me know when you guys play and your thoughts too, I am curious.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Man, between COD, Destiny, and now BF2, I have literally no time to play all three. I hate when the holidays come and all the best games come out within weeks of each other.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Dice listening to the community - all microtransactions are being axed and will be earned via game play.

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/news/...release-w512066

Good job, for once! Game releases tomorrow, I absolutely cannot wait.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Dice listening to the community - all microtransactions are being axed and will be earned via game play.

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/news/...release-w512066

Good job, for once! Game releases tomorrow, I absolutely cannot wait.

I'm not convinced. This is EA we're talking about. This backlash started hitting mainstream media today. Investors were cautioned about buying EA stock. So EA turns off the p2w aspect, people think they won, buy the game, anger goes away. Once EA gets enough sales and things have calmed down, their turn the p2w back on. EA won't care how angry people get at that point because they already bought the game.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Not fighting or anything (sense a lot of people think when I'm debating, it's me being offensive) but they already said they'd bring the loot system back. There's no trickery. I highly, HIGHLY doubt, ea OR not, they'd bring the system back and cause the same problems and the same hatred. I mean, unless they didn't plan on making/selling a BF 3. Battefront 3 would be killed before it even started if they did that.

I think they'll bring the paid content (every game has it now it seems) but in a different fashion.

All JMO, of course.

The game itself is really, really fun. Boba's rocket barrage is a beast!

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
I rented it to play, but as soon as we walked in the door with it, my daughter ran upstairs and started playing it on her xbox.

Maybe I’ll get a chance tomorrow, Monday probably, lol.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
FYI, I have only about 3 hours on MP. I have been strictly playing campaign. In the 3 hours of MP I have Bobba,Yoda, Han Solo, Darth Maul, and Kylo Ren unlocked.

Also, just an FYI for anyone interested. I just bought an Xbox One S. Walmart has a Black Friday Special. Xbox One S bundle that comes with Battlefront 2, Halo 1-5, and a game of your choice (Madden, Fifa, CoD). 249.99 for the bundle. Couldn't pass it up!!! Comes in tomorrow!

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I bought BF 2 on Thursday, returned yesterday. Game has potential, but EA needs to fix it first. The entire system was designed with the P2W transactions in mind. The game isn't about skill, it's about who gets the better star cards from RNG loot boxes. Credits are awarded based on how long the match takes and everyone gets the same amount. The guy with 40 kills gets the same reward as the guy with 0 kills. This has led to people just AFK in matches. The lag and rubber banding has been terrible. Makes the game unplayable.

I'll buy the game again if EA fixes it.

EA does not have a good way to re-monitize BF2

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
We need another Rogue Squadron.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just bought Wolfenstein 2 and South Park: The stick of truth.

So my list is: The new uncharted game kinda expansion content, Prey, Wolfenstein 2, then South Park.

I'd also like to get Yakuza 0 and Assassin's Creed: Origins and I'd like to play the new LoTR game. Lots of video games right now.

My buddy says he wishes he never bought the new Star Wars.

It'll be a busy month in December with all these games plus two new books to read (the new Expanse and the new Brandon Sanderson)

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'm working on the Horizon expansion. I have to grind to get up 7 more levels.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm working on the Horizon expansion. I have to grind to get up 7 more levels.

I dunno what level I ended with. 50 something I think.

I think I came very close to accomplishing everything in Horizon.

Loved The Frozen Wilds especially because it gave me a reason to go back and continue playing (I don't play single player campaigns more than once except for rare occasions, like to prepare for a new Uncharted (or probably to prepare for the next Last Of Us)

Wonderful game though. Honestly, I think it's probably the best one since Witcher 3. I might have even liked it more than that.

The story was awesome. The gameplay was unique. Graphics were great. It was just refreshing. The game really surprised me. I figured, Guerrilla Games, Killzone, I'll pick it up later. Shoulda bought it as soon as the reviews came out. Second best game of the generation and best exclusive of the generation

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 11/26/17 10:42 PM.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I hope the next one takes some notes from Zelda. It's really awesome being able to climb absolutely everything in Breath of The Wild.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hope the next one takes some notes from Zelda. It's really awesome being able to climb absolutely everything in Breath of The Wild.

Yeah, that was pretty cool with Zelda. Sometimes annoying too though. Especially when you fall off the wall trying to get to some place in the middle of nowhere like that mission where you're in the desert fighting those ninja things.

On the other hand, if Zelda wants to be anywhere near as good as Horizon, they gotta take a ton of notes.

Zelda was unique. And that doesn't always make for better. Although I do wish Alloy had that parachute thing you have in Zelda so I could just run off a mountain and glide to places

L
Legend
Legend
L
Anyone playing Destiny 2 on xbox?

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: leadtheway

I've got it on PS4. I don't think there's cross play though.

I only play it with my best buddy. It's taking forever, but we're doing a campaign.

Once again, I have no clue what I'm fighting for in Destiny. Just that my buddy and I have to go around kill robots, aliens, and some other things, and get the loot

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

I only play it with my best buddy. It's taking forever, but we're doing a campaign.

Once again, I have no clue what I'm fighting for in Destiny. Just that my buddy and I have to go around kill robots, aliens, and some other things, and get the loot

yeah what's weird about destiny is after you beat the storyline theres really nothing to do but gear up for the next xpac (which comes out Dec 5). I hate that they have low level strike with matchmaking but not the ones that give you decent gear...too much of a hassle to find people to run them. Have to get online, post in a forum and hope the stars align. Sucks because Nessus Orbit and Leviathan look good. Best thing World of Warcraft ever did was introduce raid finder and expand it out to quests and dungeons. Makes it alot easier for a casual gamer.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
S
Legend
Legend
S

So my list is: The new uncharted game kinda expansion content, Prey, Wolfenstein 2, then South Park.

Shoulda bought the new South Park as I believe you get a copy of Stick of Truth with it.

I haven't played the new one, but Stick of Truth was an AMAZING game. Awesome RPG elements, hilarious commentary, and good replayability.

It's not often that licensed video games are any good, but it's a great game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

Shoulda bought the new South Park as I believe you get a copy of Stick of Truth with it.

I haven't played the new one, but Stick of Truth was an AMAZING game. Awesome RPG elements, hilarious commentary, and good replayability.

Oof, didn't know that. But I paid only like 15$ for Stick of Truth. Guess I coulda gotten them both for 30$ with a Black Friday deal. Not the end of the world though

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 11/27/17 04:42 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O

I play it on Xbox. I agree with everything you guys said, you really need a good group to play Destiny with... otherwise, it gets stale really quick. I have a great clan that I run with. We're idle right now, but things will pick up once the expansion comes out. That's the thing Destiny 2 did really well, the whole clans thing. Makes getting a group together much less of a PitA.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

Oof, didn't know that. But I paid only like 15$ for Stick of Truth. Guess I coulda gotten them both for 30$ with a Black Friday deal. Not the end of the world though

Nah, plus those games get discounted quickly. I would imagine FBW will be pretty cheap on Amazon once the new year arrives.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

I play it on Xbox. I agree with everything you guys said, you really need a good group to play Destiny with... otherwise, it gets stale really quick. I have a great clan that I run with. We're idle right now, but things will pick up once the expansion comes out. That's the thing Destiny 2 did really well, the whole clans thing. Makes getting a group together much less of a PitA.
I have destiny for ps4. I must say I am down about it. Your level doesn't matter anymore, as all the bad guys are the same according to your level. Makes is pretty pointless to grind through the game looking for the best gear. Same in the crucible, there is no advantage being a level 305 to a level 100. All the gear is the same too, I got tired quickly of getting 25 pairs of the same gloves with the same light level. Once you beat the campaign, its pretty stale, I only need to login in once a week, play for about 2 hours, knock out the new milestones, level up. and don't have to play or do anything until the new milestones for the week come out. Even doing that and playing only 2 hours a week - I am bored with it.

FYI - Maybe you guys can help me. I just got an Xbox One S - why the heck does it take 6 hours to install a game????? PS4 takes me about 30-45 minutes tops. And why does each game take up so many GB? its crazy! The graphics are intense because its HDR, but I must say the PS4 is by far a superior system to me so far.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Gaming Thread, Part III

Link Copied to Clipboard