Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Swish
I'm still amazed as to how Joe Johnson keeps getting paid.

http://www.nba.com/jazz/video/teams/jazz...ippers-1386426/

http://www.nba.com/jazz/video/teams/jazz...ippers-1371645/

Legend
Legend
yea but where was that at with the hawks or nets?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C
yea but where was that at with the hawks or nets?

He did it a bunch for them too. His nickname is Joe Cool (or Iso Joe for some). He was overpaid, but that doesn't mean he was bad.

Legend
Legend
right but i didn't say he was bad.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C
right but i didn't say he was bad.

Right. I thought when you said, "keeps getting paid" you were referring to his time with the Jazz.

Either way, it's not his fault. I'm taking the max deals as long as they give them to me.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I love how petty LeBron is:

Quote:
LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: "I was ready to give him the keys...I tried to help him be as good as he could be...I don't have any advice for him now, you're either with us or against us...it was a gratifying three years together." He said he hasn't communicated with Irving since trade.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0704015164919256238-4

Doesn't sound petty to me. Sounds more like more of you bashing the Cavs.

Moving on.......I think the Cavs have made some great moves and are a real threat to win the NBA Championship!

Go Cavs!

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I love how petty LeBron is:

Quote:
LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: "I was ready to give him the keys...I tried to help him be as good as he could be...I don't have any advice for him now, you're either with us or against us...it was a gratifying three years together." He said he hasn't communicated with Irving since trade.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0704015164919256238-4

Doesn't sound petty to me. Sounds more like more of you bashing the Cavs.

Or I actually love how petty LeBron is being. . .

R
Legend
Legend
R
I listened to the presser. Wasn't petty at all when you get to actually hear it. The written word actually takes it out of context somewhat.

Btw, never seen a collection of Cavs so happy. There is not one trace of any player that I saw unhappy that Irving has moved on. Actually, watched most of the pressers and it seemed quite the contrary. I wonder how long this black cloud had been hanging over the team. I am also hoping that less ISO, better D, better team chemistry, and some Warrior complacency help the Cavs win #2.

And did anyone watch Kyries ESPN interviews with Stephen A. and Kellerman? First, kudos to both of those guys for asking the tough questions. But I had two other general takeaways:

--Something in or about the Cavs organization and/or his teammates made Irving unhappy to the point of wanting this. He won't come out and say what that is.

--He speaks in riddles. He puts long, articulate, eloquent sentences together that make no sense. He appears to be intelligent but immature.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Well the run starts tonight, Lebron out which is fine with me since its preseason. But I am pretty excited to see this team..alot of new shiny toys. Lue putting TT on the bench and sliding love over at the 5 and having crowder play the 4 is going to make him look like a genius i think. So much spacing offensively and pretty effective perimeter defense as well. Putting Wade and TT with the twos will be a boost as well. I think TT will thrive as that 6 man. Wade being able to be that scoring threat with the second unit we haven't had, then you can legit play Frye at the stretch 4 instead of backing up TT at the 5 and you actually have something going here. I think we will be able to rest lebron and cut his minutes this year and not look hopeless doing it like it was with Kyrie here.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
R
Legend
Legend
R
Lead, the eternal pessimist, being excited is reason enough to make me excited.

Last edited by Rishuz; 10/04/17 03:14 PM. Reason: Awkward wording.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
You being excited has me excited!

That sounds awkward. angel

Edited because I was asked to edit it.

cool

Last edited by archbolddawg; 10/04/17 03:19 PM.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Fixed it.

Now remove the quote from yours and hide the evidence.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Lead, the eternal pessimist, being excited is reason enough to make me excited.

lol, I don't think I'm pessimistic, I like to think I expect the worst, so I'm either right, or pleasantly surprised..lol, no seriously though, I like the moves that were made, getting Wade here was a big deal.. Just having a bench that can produce is going to pay dividends..we haven't had a decent been in awhile. I think we match up better with GS now...providing IT4 comes back healthy

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
lol, I don't think I'm pessimistic, I like to think I expect the worst,

I'm pretty sure that's being a pessimist...

:-p

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
First unit looks pretty good for a first game. Osman looks like he should have stayed in turkey. He had a rough first half lol. I love how that first team played even without lebron and IT, this team can potentially be epic come March

R
Legend
Legend
R
I really thought Derek Williams played well in his role with the Cavs last year. Why not resign him?

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
I really thought Derek Williams played well in his role with the Cavs last year. Why not resign him?
prob holding out hope for more money, I rather have rose, but I’d take dwill over Calderon or felder for sure

V
Legend
Legend
V
Well the run starts tonight, Lebron out which is fine with me since its preseason. But I am pretty excited to see this team..alot of new shiny toys. Lue putting TT on the bench and sliding love over at the 5 and having crowder play the 4 is going to make him look like a genius i think. So much spacing offensively and pretty effective perimeter defense as well. Putting Wade and TT with the twos will be a boost as well. I think TT will thrive as that 6 man. Wade being able to be that scoring threat with the second unit we haven't had, then you can legit play Frye at the stretch 4 instead of backing up TT at the 5 and you actually have something going here. I think we will be able to rest lebron and cut his minutes this year and not look hopeless doing it like it was with Kyrie here.

Good post.

1st String
1st String
Report: Cavs have discussed Jefferson possibly not making roster with agent

https://www.thescore.com/news/1391006

With 16 guaranteed contracts on their roster, someone on the Cleveland Cavaliers is going to be left out in the cold before the 2017-18 NBA regular season officially gets underway.

That player could be 37-year-old veteran Richard Jefferson, with the Cavaliers having reportedly discussed the possibility of him not making the team with his agent, according to Cleveland.com's Joe Vardon.

"It's a tough process if you can move guys or if you have to let one go," head coach Tyronn Lue said Wednesday evening. "It's going to be a tough decision. Just trying to see who plays the best for us, who stays healthy and we've got to go from there."

Waiving Jefferson outright would be expensive, because while he's only making $2.5 million this season, the fact that Cleveland is already more than $18.6 million over the tax threshold means it would incur a heavy penalty for cutting someone on a guaranteed deal.

It also wouldn't make sense for the Cavs to rid themselves of someone they just signed, like Dwyane Wade (the team's 16th guaranteed contract), Derrick Rose, Jeff Green, or Jose Calderon - all of whom are playing under the veteran's minimum.

Channing Frye could also be shown the door, but he's making $7.3 million on the final year of his deal, making more of a trade chip.

Jefferson actually contemplated retirement over the summer, yet ultimately decided to give it another go for his 17th year in the Association.

He averaged 5.7 points and 2.6 rebounds in 20.4 minutes per game coming off the bench last season, and even started two games in the 2016 Finals that Cleveland won by overcoming a 3-1 series deficit.

The Cavs open the season on Oct. 17 when they host a returning Kyrie Irving and the Boston Celtics at Quicken Loans Arena.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Legend
Legend
Have him "retire"

And then hire him as a coach.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Last year it was obvious Jefferson was ready for the pasture, with the new additions it just makes sense

C
Legend
Legend
C
Last year it was obvious Jefferson was ready for the pasture, with the new additions it just makes sense

If the Cavs part ways with Jefferson I'd expect him to end up with the Lakers.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Wade was such a huge pickup

R
Legend
Legend
R

Why?

R
Legend
Legend
R
Wade was such a huge pickup

Keep his minutes low. Keep him fresh and healthy throughout the season. Could probably swing the win total 3 to 5 games.

I hate to say it but Kyrie looks incredible in Boston. Such a shame they couldn't make it work.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I've not been preseason watching the games but I see the Wade highlights. I like what Rishuz said... keep his minutes low and body fresh.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
we have like 4 or 5 guys that really don't give us much and should be packaged in something to get back a quality guy i think, then use the 2 ways as needed for rest.. guys like shump, frye, jefferson, felder, zizic all will be buried at the end, I give the 2 two way deals to Holland and Tavares...Felder is a lost cause. Tavares has the one thing you can't teach, and i think more playing time he can become servicable. But 1-10 might be the strongest in the league.. if they stay healthy, they will wipe the floor with the east.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I may be in the minority but I think Frye is valuable. Although a liability on D he at least gives effort on that end. You can also argue he's as good or better 3 pt shooter than Korver.

He's also a great locker room guy.

I would try to hold on to Frye.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Why?

He's best friends with the Lakers coach, Luke Walton, and he lives in LA. He talked about it when he was on Bill Simmons' podcast.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Thanks.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Why?

He's best friends with the Lakers coach, Luke Walton, and he lives in LA. He talked about it when he was on Bill Simmons' podcast.

As far as I'm concerned, they can have him. Not to be harsh or anything but I don't think he brings much value.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I may be in the minority but I think Frye is valuable. Although a liability on D he at least gives effort on that end. You can also argue he's as good or better 3 pt shooter than Korver.

I like Frye too. He's a defensive liability but he can sure shoot and stretch a defense.

Tackles are tackles.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
RJ and Frye are great locker room guys. I hope we keep them and trade Shump for something.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
RJ and Frye are great locker room guys. I hope we keep them and trade Shump for something.

I honestly don't know what you're going to get for Shump. He's got 2 years left at $10-$11 million. Nobody is going to want that albatross of a contract.

The best option is probably just to cut Jose Calderon. I wonder if they were asking RJ and his agent if he would consider retiring. I think that would actually wipe him off the books.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

I honestly don't know what you're going to get for Shump. He's got 2 years left at $10-$11 million. Nobody is going to want that albatross of a contract.

The best option is probably just to cut Jose Calderon. I wonder if they were asking RJ and his agent if he would consider retiring. I think that would actually wipe him off the books.
Hes not going to do that because then he doesnt get paid

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L

The goal is a finals series, which more Than likely will be the warriors, frye hasn’t played the last two against them because he’s such a liability. I like him too, but he’s probably one of the few pieces that would actually get us something on a deal

R
Legend
Legend
R
Yeah, that's a good point. He's not valuable against the one team we need him to be valuable against.

On a side note, I think Altman should have held out on one more piece from the Celtics - Brown or Tatum. I just have this sinking feeling that Brooklyn won't be as bad as people think and the pick won't be as good. Speaking of beating the Warriors, I don't think Thomas helps the Cavs do that and they are going to have a hell of a time integrating him in mid season, especially if Rose is playing well.

The trade essentially made your biggest competitor better. That team is loaded with a bunch of young, good players.

I'm hoping we flip the pick for Cousins somehow. Hopefully that experiment won't be working down in NO.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I like the trade the Cavs made w/Boston.

I also think we are set up to once again rule the East and are a true threat to Golden State.

Good off season for the Cavs!

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Wade does not look too bad , as far as Rose never seen a dude miss so many bunny layups

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Need to hang on to RJ its gonna be a revolving door of players with some sort of nagging injuries

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs 2017-18 Season

Link Copied to Clipboard