|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
If your laying on the hood naked make those personal messages addressed to me beautiful lol haha I dont wanna give the neighbors a show.
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481 |
I'm going to go try a Jaguar XE tomorrow.
If all goes well I might have some pics to share. DDOOOOOO IT.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
So............I bought it. My new Jaguar! I am so excited for this car. It's a lot more epic than my old car. It is so nice and fun to drive. I knew I had to have it when I step on the gas and it took off. It's a sexy beast. It looks even more sexy in person than in pictures. But here ya go: Here is the actual car at the dealership, with the specs. http://www.hennessyjaguaratlanta.com/used/Jaguar/2017-Jaguar-XE-8a4c19960a0e0adf589d058c8db01d24.htm
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,162
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,162 |
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188 |
When u gonna rake .... *L* .. Good for u Miss Eve ... enjoy your ride ... 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481 |
Eve it’s gorgeous!!! You’re gonna love it!!
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Thank you!!
It has all the toys/options too.
I love that. Every time I get in it, I discover new stuff.
And he showed me all the stuff, but I keep finding more features.
My old car was technology challenged lol
So this is a big difference for me.
Happy Happy Joy Joy
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Oh and I want to ask you guys.
In what form do you bring your music with you in your car these days?
This car has no cd player. I guess cds aren't a thing anymore. Who knew.
It's all bluetooth and ish.
So I was wondering, what is the best/easiest way to bring tunes into the car.
I used to have a bunch of itunes songs. But that was years ago. And I lost em. So I guess maybe I need to get my library going again?
Or the sales dude said something about phone apps that talk to the car. Like Pandora and such.
But wouldn't that drain my phone pretty fast?
I dunno.
Opinions?
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481 |
The USB cord is your friend.
Bluetooth audio is fine but there’s some lag, especially if you’re using a YouTube playlist.
But if you have any sort of streaking apps like Apple Music, Spotify, pandora, etc, then all you need to do to have the best audio quality is just plug in your phone to the cars USB port.
That way your phone is charging/charged and you can control the music playlist on your cars screen instead of using the phone.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195 |
Pandora.
Play your station and listen to the songs.
If you’re an Amazon Prime member you have their music as well.
Stream it and forget about it.
Don’t waste your time with satellite or commercials.
#GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Oh genius, thank you.
That makes sense.
I didn't realize it has a usb port.
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481 |
Yea, it should either be close to the screen, like below it, or more likely in the center console.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195 |
Oh genius, thank you.
That makes sense.
I didn't realize it has a usb port.
The usb is great for charging your phone but if you don’t already store the music on your phone, it’s kind of pointless.
#GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,145
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,145 |
Can't you just get Pandora on your car's computer?
WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM my two cents...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481 |
Definitely. I only recommend the USB port if she doesn’t have pandora.
I’m not a big fan of pandora. I use Spotify and Apple Music. And if you use it through your phone and pay for the service (Spotify is 10 bucks premium) then you can use offline mode and essentially store your playlist on the app itself.
Like, all my music that isn’t on a hard drive is on the apps. But the apps allow me to add local files to my streaming playlist. But I do it because I use my phone for music at the gym and other places.
Last edited by Swish; 11/28/17 09:31 PM.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,480
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,480 |
Oh and I want to ask you guys.
In what form do you bring your music with you in your car these days?
This car has no cd player. I guess cds aren't a thing anymore. Who knew.
It's all bluetooth and ish.
So I was wondering, what is the best/easiest way to bring tunes into the car.
I used to have a bunch of itunes songs. But that was years ago. And I lost em. So I guess maybe I need to get my library going again?
Or the sales dude said something about phone apps that talk to the car. Like Pandora and such.
But wouldn't that drain my phone pretty fast?
I dunno.
Opinions? First off, sweet ride Eve! Spotify through Bluetooth. Best. Thing. Ever. I listen to a ton a music and drive a lot for work. Get a Spotify subscription, one of my most used apps. I also have Sirius satelite radio in my car but use Spotify a lot more often. I picked up a new (to me) 2014 A8L a month or so ago, my 3rd one. Hopefully this one is reliable as the previous 2 - over 200k on both of them and zero problems. I drove a Tesla Model S and a Porsche Panamera as I thought I might want want something different this time around. I'd have gotten the Tesla but the range just isn't there yet for the travelling I do. The Panamera was nice, but I'm stuck on these damn A8's. 
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481 |
i'm waiting for someone to get trade their Tesla Roadster in 5 years so i can get it
Last edited by Swish; 11/28/17 09:43 PM.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
That's a sharp looking car, Columbus! We can have the new car party up in here!
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,480
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,480 |
i'm waiting for someone to get trade their Tesla Roadster in 5 years so i can get it Oh man, you and me both. It's faster than the new Dodge Demon in the 1/4 mile. I'm a drag racer at heart and a sub 9 second time out of a production car is just sick. Drools.... 
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481 |
yep, its running with 1.2 million dollar koenigseggs and Bugatti's at a 200k price tag.
and the range on it is crazy, up to 620 miles. 0-60 in 1.9 secs.
electric cars are the future.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,480
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,480 |
yep, its running with 1.2 million dollar koenigseggs and Bugatti's at a 200k price tag.
and the range on it is crazy, up to 620 miles. 0-60 in 1.9 secs.
electric cars are the future. It's crazy to think about what I put into my Mustang to get it to run 9.5's about 8 years ago. It is a single turbo small block (331ci, bored and stroked 302) and runs 9.5's at around 147mph. It isn't the most street friendly car, but it is driveable and registered/insured. My AC Cobra kit car runs about 10.5 in the quarter mile if I can get it to hook up. I promptly get kicked out of the track since it doesn't have the required safety equipment as well, lol. I've been tooling around with more road racing with it - having lots of fun with that, but I need to upgrade the brakes big time.  
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481 |
i still want to run against your stang
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Have you ever done autocross racing? I used to do that back in the day. It was hella fun.
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,480
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,480 |
i still want to run against your stang I'll let you know when I get it back together. It's in a million pieces right now - got everything to get it done except time. Blew the motor while ago, turbos + electronic engine management = dangerous. But fun.
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,480
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,480 |
Have you ever done autocross racing? I used to do that back in the day. It was hella fun. Yeah, that pic of my Cobra was at an autocross event 2 years ago. I had a blast (but really sucked time wise) - I'm much better at driving really fast in a straight line.
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Have you ever done autocross racing? I used to do that back in the day. It was hella fun. Yeah, that pic of my Cobra was at an autocross event 2 years ago. I had a blast (but really sucked time wise) - I'm much better at driving really fast in a straight line. I never got good scores either. But the adrenaline rush would make me shake. It was such a good time. I only ever autocrossed on a road course once (at talledega). The other times were at the parking lot at Turner Field (former Braves stadium). Which was a really great venue for it.
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259 |
Yall got me sad now since I sold the Viper a month ago... 97 Vipers couldn't turn off the passenger airbag and I want my sons to ride with me. I was planning in the spring to get an ATS-V, CTS-V, or M3, but the twins put a dent in that for the time being 
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Oh dear lord you had a Viper. That is one of my dream cars.
I love dodge.
I love Vipers.
Maybe someday.
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,145
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,145 |
Dodge is a helluva word to put on a van that is coming straight at your ass!
Gallagher
WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM my two cents...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
I want to get a Chevy Chevette diesel and get in on the drag racing.  0 to 60 in one second..... when driven off a 200 foot cliff.
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195 |
#GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
Nope that's Diesel Lee, or Smokey Lee as some use to call him.
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481 |
Bro you stay having me rolling
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 8,974
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 8,974 |
I wouldn't post that, you might get lumped into being a 1%er!!! Very nice vehicle eve! As soon as my son is out of daycare, I am going to be purchasing a new vehicle. Im leaning towards a Challenger Scat Back. Until then, ill putz around in my Honda Civic lol.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199 |
you might get lumped into being a 1%er!!!  Not with a domestic Jag XE. Really nice, but still middle class.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
I admit I am older than dirt, but damn it I hate black wheels and tires. The manufacture's want you to think this looks cool. Guess what it looks like the old days when cheap cars lost their damn wheel covers. The car is very nice but those damn wheels look like chit.
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Oh come on lol
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,480
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,480 |
Oh come on lol
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love the black wheels. Mine look like that after they are coated in brake dust. 
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,265
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,265 |
And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul. - John Muir
#GMSTRONG
|
|
|
DawgTalkers.net
Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Kia
|
|