Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
B
Legend
Legend
B
Thanks....I am at the age I don't really remember where I read it, but I don't make crap up. Thanks for backing me up.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Thanks....I am at the age I don't really remember where I read it, but I don't make crap up. Thanks for backing me up.

No problem. It is a real report, but whether it is believable or not is a whole different story. We haven't even started any of the pre-draft process. If John Dorsey has made a determination without ever meeting the player, then we are in for a horrible experiment (again).

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I like Rosen. I also like Darnold. Allen intrigues me.

I want a guy who can win.

We have lost so many games I am numb from losing.

I find this interesting yet never any mention of Mayfield...

BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Tony Pauline just broke the cardinal rule of journalism - never reveal an anonymous source. Just because Dorsey is no longer a 'free agent' does not mean the condition of anonymity should not be respected.

It doesn't really shock me, however. Dorsey and Rosen seem opposite personalities.

At this stage, I'm pretty sure Baker Mayfield is a Cleveland Brown.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
I get a bad vibe from Rosen , but there many cases a QB "Didn't want to go there and turned out good"

Kelly Buffalo
Marino wanted Pitt to draft him
Young had issues in SF till Montana was gone

None of these QB's coming out will be as good as Wentz or Goff

We have so many holes on this roster a QB will not mean that much

I don't want a panic pick (Kizer) wreck him then rinse and repeat

Barkley at 1
Fitzpatrick at 4 or 5
WR at 33

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

No problem. It is a real report, but whether it is believable or not is a whole different story. We haven't even started any of the pre-draft process. If John Dorsey has made a determination without ever meeting the player, then we are in for a horrible experiment (again).

No doubt. Teams are already in smoke blowing mode. Tomorrow we may read he has always been a Browns fan and playing for us has been a dream of his since he was a pee-wee player.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

No doubt. Teams are already in smoke blowing mode. Tomorrow we may read he has always been a Browns fan and playing for us has been a dream of his since he was a pee-wee player.

Or maybe Dorsey’s blowing smoke leaking that he’s not interested to bait the kid into entering the draft.

#GMSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Jcamm
Barkley at 1
Fitzpatrick at 4 or 5
WR at 33

Who's going to play QB?

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Barkley at 1
Fitzpatrick at 4 or 5
WR at 33

Who's going to play QB?

Alex Smith

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
I’m having a real hard time getting over the concussions ....

Maybe its just me but those things don’t ever seem to go away ... once they start it seems to me to be WHEN, not if it will happen again ....

I’m having a real hard time looking past that ... witch really sucks cause I LOVE what this kid can do on the field ...

FIGURES .... thumbsdown to the concussions ... DAMM IT!!!!

Legend
Legend

Glad you find it interesting.

I stand behind my analysis of Mayfield.

I rank Darnold, Rosen and Allen over Mayfield.

That does not mean that I dislike Mayfield. Nor does it mean he can not succeed in the NFL.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Barkley at 1
Fitzpatrick at 4 or 5
WR at 33

Who's going to play QB?

Alex Smith

Yuck.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dave
Quote:
Nah, it's much more manly consistently trying to destroy the character of a 20 year old kid.

Get off your high horse, no one was doing that. It was a frigging joke.

Quit accusing my equestrian friend of drug abuse.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Quote:

The kid that the cops can catch and tackle in less than a city block? No thanks.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Quote:

The kid that the cops can catch and tackle in less than a city block? No thanks.

Lamar Jackson could have gotten away because of his speed, but they would have shot and killed him instead of chasing him.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe, unless they knew who he was.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I love Rosen's arm, his pocket presence is a thing of beauty. I dont like hearing over and over the kid is a douche. Its a lot of the same stuff with Ryan leaf. Not saying that is the case but with the #1 pick I dig deep to see what you are getting.

Now with that said, I would take Darnold. I believe he is going to continue to improve and the kid is special. he looks like a #1 pick to me. He feels like a #1 pick to me. He acts like a #1 pick.

Mason Rudolph is my favorite QB in this draft but playing with the injured shoulder he looked bad and I cant take a shot on a QB with an injured pitching arm.

Lamar is gonna be up and down the boards, I expect him to go top 8 but will be interesting.

Allen I think he slips to that 10 to 15 area.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And as always I have to insist you pick up Ferguson in the later rounds of your draft ...lol

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Dude really needs to work on his 3-cone drill before the combine. Sheesh! smile.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend

Silly season in full force.

All this crappola about Rosen. Nothing verified.

When Rosen actually declares and is quoted that he will not play for the Browns; then I will take notice.

When Dorsey is quoted directly that he has no interest in Rosen; then I will listen.

Mary K actually said today that the Browns will draft a quarterback number one. Then said they would do that even if the got Alex Smith or Cousins.

Mary K may need to rethink that statement. Alex Smith is one thing. Cousins is not the same thing.

Oh boy. The off season is so much better than the season.

When you lose 30 out of 31 games what can you say?

When the season is over then you have all kinds of topics.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
j/c

For those who want Josh Rosen. He seems to be saying he doesn't want to play here... If that's the case, what do you do? Waste the pick and draft him anyway? Draft someone else for QB? Go all in on a FA QB?

P
Legend
Legend
P
He didn't say that at all. He said he would rather be drafted lower and play for a better team than those at the top of the draft. Now who wouldn't?

I guess every team near the top of the draft should refuse to draft him because he would prefer to play for a good team. Maybe he should last until Jacksonville can draft him?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:
"I'd rather be a lower pick at the right team than a higher one at the wrong team,'' Rosen said Saturday at the Cactus Bowl media day as the Bruins prepared to play Tuesday in the Cactus Bowl tonight against Kansas State, per Josh Weinfuss of espn.com.

The answer came in response to a question about whether he feels strongly about playing for certain teams, but not specifically about the Browns.

"I think the teams know more than I do in the sense of where I'd best fit," he said. "I might be a bit of a unique personality, so hopefully they can pick me a part and if a team really feels that I'm their guy, hopefully they'll go and get me.

Hopefully this will help end this fallacy.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
"I'd rather be a lower pick at the right team than a higher one at the wrong team,'' Rosen said Saturday at the Cactus Bowl media day as the Bruins prepared to play Tuesday in the Cactus Bowl tonight against Kansas State, per Josh Weinfuss of espn.com.

The answer came in response to a question about whether he feels strongly about playing for certain teams, but not specifically about the Browns.

"I think the teams know more than I do in the sense of where I'd best fit," he said. "I might be a bit of a unique personality, so hopefully they can pick me a part and if a team really feels that I'm their guy, hopefully they'll go and get me.

Hopefully this will help end this fallacy.
He did not explicitly say he wouldn't play for the Browns. But that is implicit in the above quote. The Browns are the team that most fits the description high pick/wrong team.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Once the parents starting running their mouths right before draft, the doubters will know for sure that Rosen doesn’t want to be here.

Happens every year.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
For those who want Josh Rosen. He seems to be saying he doesn't want to play here... If that's the case, what do you do?

For all of those freaking out like a jilted bride on her wedding day, just STOP

This is a very young kid, who may change his mind 4 months from now. I am shocked that so many of you have a job, are married, or have children, the way y'all freak out ABOUT EVERYTHING. Hell I am suprised your not crapping your pants every 30 seconds notallthere

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Last year people were freaking out because they said Myles Garrett didn't want to play here. I don't think this is a big deal. Heck, I don't even think it is a deal. LOL

I'm hoping we take the dude. I think he is by far and away the best qb in the draft.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Last year people were freaking out because they said Myles Garrett didn't want to play here. I don't think this is a big deal. Heck, I don't even think it is a deal. LOL

I'm hoping we take the dude. I think he is by far and away the best qb in the draft.

Disagree.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Swish
Once the parents starting running their mouths right before draft, the doubters will know for sure that Rosen doesn’t want to be here.

Happens every year.

All eyes will be on Baker then. I've heard his Dad has quite the mouth on him.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
I hope the kids parents are smart enough to stay out of the media. Parents and media are a bad mix around draft time, asking Connor Cook.

Legend
Legend

I posted one week ago that all Josh had to do was talk to his offensive line coach about Cleveland and the fans. Of course my post was ignored by 99 percent of the folks around here.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

Happens every year.
yeah, that's true

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

I posted one week ago that all Josh had to do was talk to his offensive line coach about Cleveland and the fans. Of course my post was ignored by 99 percent of the folks around here.

Missed it. Who is his o-line coach?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Hank Fraley

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Really? Good for Hank.
Thanks for the prompt answer

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
MY pleasure bro. You have been a good poster around here for 11 years. smile

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Hank Fraley

Hank Fraley? Love Hank Fraley. I remember when he completely wrecked Ed Reed (off a terrible interception, but jesus did he wreck'm, lol)

Fraley came through for us big-time in 2007. Love that guy

EDIT: For those who might not remember, in 2007 I believe LeCharles Bentley went down, then some other guy who wanted to be the backup, found out he was the starter, and cut tail and ran. lol

We traded for Fraley from Philly, and bam'o wham'o, Fraley came in, and with very little preparation was a good center. He was EXACTLY what we needed when we were in a very difficult situation.

And his wife used to post on the board occasionally, which was pretty cool.

Well maybe Hank can get him to come around

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 01/02/18 09:40 PM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
V
Legend
Legend
V
I loved Hank. Like Petey said.......he saved us.

And Danielle was cool as hell, too. I'll never forget how she invited me to sit in a box to watch a home game w/her.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
No joke, my sig is still in memory of Hank. Dude was awesome for probably 4 years here. And he LOVED to play the game. He was like a kid in a candy store in 2007.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester
Really? Good for Hank.
Thanks for the prompt answer

Hank and Danielle, still both good folks, both still care about community, and friends. Both folks who I would lay my reputation, heart, and soul down on their words. If you can't trust and believe in them then I want nothing to do with you.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Josh Rosen - continued

Link Copied to Clipboard