Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Yup good news and it sets a standard for when Cannabis is legalized on the federal level. All states will have to accept it's legality equally.

Just wait for your background check before you can buy a bong.

3 day waiting period, to assure it's not being used for improper purposes, like getting little girls stoned.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Yup good news and it sets a standard for when Cannabis is legalized on the federal level. All states will have to accept it's legality equally.

Everyone knows that water bongs are for tobacco use only. It says it on every bong!

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Quote:
It's as simple as that. Your belief that people would privately sell a gun to anyone is as dumb as the democrats "gun show loophole" nonsense.

The Gabriel Giffords attack by Jared Loughner incident says otherwise.

How so? Loughner bought his gun from a store and passed a backround check. He'd never been convicted or committed. It wasn't a private "gun show loophole" type sale.

That's a bad thing. It's obviously a bad thing.

I believe in the Second Amendment more than most of my ilk.

I think the Second Amendment is vital and necessary. But to a point.

Insane (or merely agitated) people kill people with guns at a rate that far exceed world averages in our country.

It's a nuanced issue - 2a is noble and necessary, but also flawed.

America doesn't have a gun problem - it has a mental health problem. The solution is to keep guns away from people who have no business owning them. But the NRA argues against this logic, to the detriment of pretty much everyone.

Let's use me as an example - I shouldn't be allowed to own a gun, based on my history. It would be wrong to give a gun to a man who has a drug problem.

Yet, if I wanted to, I could go buy one tomorrow, before the clock hit noon, because I don't have a criminal record and I've never been committed.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: PDF

Yet, if I wanted to, I could go buy one tomorrow, before the clock hit noon, because I don't have a criminal record and I've never been committed.

You would have to get up before noon to do that and we know that ain't gonna happen.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Quote:
It's as simple as that. Your belief that people would privately sell a gun to anyone is as dumb as the democrats "gun show loophole" nonsense.

The Gabriel Giffords attack by Jared Loughner incident says otherwise.

How so? Loughner bought his gun from a store and passed a backround check. He'd never been convicted or committed. It wasn't a private "gun show loophole" type sale.

That's a bad thing. It's obviously a bad thing.

I believe in the Second Amendment more than most of my ilk.

I think the Second Amendment is vital and necessary. But to a point.

Insane (or merely agitated) people kill people with guns at a rate that far exceed world averages in our country.

It's a nuanced issue - 2a is noble and necessary, but also flawed.

America doesn't have a gun problem - it has a mental health problem. The solution is to keep guns away from people who have no business owning them. But the NRA argues against this logic, to the detriment of pretty much everyone.

Let's use me as an example - I shouldn't be allowed to own a gun, based on my history. It would be wrong to give a gun to a man who has a drug problem.

How do you declare someone mentally ill when they've never been convicted or committed? That person has to have due process, or we'll lose that right. It would be the same if the government was trying to place a registration fee or tax on guns and ammo. They'd price it out of the average person's reach. If the government was allowed to randomly declare people too incompetent to own a firearm, before long we'll all be declared incompetent, unless we belong to the proper party. That's the same thing hitler did. Only nazi party members were allowed to own guns, for the safety of the people. It didn't turn out very well.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

You would have to get up before noon to do that and we know that ain't gonna happen.

What are you basing this on, specifically?

Here's the thing 40 - taking digs at someone or cracking jokes on someone are often based in truth. So when I make fun of you because you don't know the definition of basic words, or that you admire rapists and sexual predators and wimps and pedophiles, it's an efficient tactic, because if someone says "wait a minute, can you offer proof or evidence that 40 doesn't know what words like sodomy and States Rights and collusion means, or admires rapists like Slobodan, or sexual predators and wimps like Trump, or pedophiles like Ray Moore?" I can say "yes, here you go".

It doesn't work so well when you accuse a guy like me, who wakes up at 6 everyday, of sleeping until past noon, because you can't provide any direct evidence to back your assertions.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Another boost could come from personal testimony from Shaneen Allen, a phlebotomist with a Pennsylvania-issued concealed carry permit who spent 48 days in jail in 2013 because she told police officers she had a licensed handgun in her car when she was pulled over in New Jersey. The mother of two was eventually pardoned by Gov. Chris Christie.

Allen has volunteered to testify before the Senate in support of the bill. It could be helpful, proponents hope.

“When you see the system go wrong in the life of a real person it becomes more compelling,” New Jersey Republican Rep. Tom MacArthur told Michael Catalini of the Associated Press. “The woman did nothing wrong and yet her family was thrown into real chaos.”

Allen’s experience convinced her to leave the Democrat party and join the GOP. But, as she told Catalini, her loyalty is contingent on Republicans remembering to “put their money where their mouth was.”

https://www.outdoorlife.com/gun-news-house-approves-national-carry-but-will-senate-reciprocate

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 01/08/18 11:01 PM.
Legend
Legend
are we back to posting without links, again?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Swish
are we back to posting without links, again?

Some folks don’t lie through their teeth every post and are trustworthy .... thumbsup

I responded to u directly .... u happy now ... just curious ... do i have a daily quota or can i reply only when i choose too ... rofl ...

Legend
Legend
Why are you asking like you’re scared?

40 has a bad habit of posting without links. That’s all.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Diam is afraid of Times Square.

It's safe to assume to his own shadow makes him have a panic attack.

Legend
Legend

And for me, that’s what I consider a very big problem.

We got way too many people in this country scared of everything, and that’s a big reason why you see so many people have guns.

It’s one thing to own one, but it’s another to cling to it as if that’s the only thing that makes you feel safe, or makes you feel empowered to go out into the world.

That time square BS he tried to pull was laughable. Millions go through timesquare annually. I went there in the summer with my daughter after going to Bimmerfest.

And nothing happened.

But people got this fear mongerering idea that they can’t go anywhere outside or they will be a target, especially conservatives. Act like this a freaking Jason Bourne movie everyday.

It’s got to be exhausting living in a constant state of fear and paranoia of the world around you.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

And for me, that’s what I consider a very big problem.

We got way too many people in this country scared of everything, and that’s a big reason why you see so many people have guns.

It’s one thing to own one, but it’s another to cling to it as if that’s the only thing that makes you feel safe, or makes you feel empowered to go out into the world.

That time square BS he tried to pull was laughable. Millions go through timesquare annually. I went there in the summer with my daughter after going to Bimmerfest.

And nothing happened.

But people got this fear mongerering idea that they can’t go anywhere outside or they will be a target, especially conservatives. Act like this a freaking Jason Bourne movie everyday.

It’s got to be exhausting living in a constant state of fear and paranoia of the world around you.

I think it's a big reason why they support Trump-

They see themselves in a sniveling coward who is terrified of the world around him, and find solace in it.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
More "PDF FACTS". rolleyes

More Trump Derangement Syndrome.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
More "PDF FACTS". rolleyes

The guy who wants the federal government to ban blowjobs because he thinks they're icky is here to talk about derangement.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
More "PDF FACTS".

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

Everyone knows that water bongs are for tobacco use only. It says it on every bong!

I guess in the 70's they didn't require a disclaimer.

#GMSTRONG
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
More "PDF FACTS".

This is the part where 40 starts rambling phrases over and over like a stroke victim.

The last time this happened was two days ago when, after claiming that he and the stock market were engaged in an illegal plot to defraud others (the result of him not understanding what the word "collude" means), he started ranting "butt hurt" over and over because he couldn't handle the embarrassment of people mocking him for it.

Also, what does Trump have to do with you wanting to ban oral sex?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
No, this is the part where 40 reminds you that LINK was not just a character in Mod Squad. rolleyes

Legend
Legend

but did it require tye-dye shirts?

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
No, this is the part where 40 reminds you that LINK was not just a character in Mod Squad. rolleyes

Would you like me to post a link to the time you thought "sodomy" meant "gay sex", and when it was pointed out that it doesn't, you Googled "sodomy definition" and copied and pasted the first result, purposefully deleting all the parts that pertained to heterosexual activity, and then when everybody mocked you, you claimed that oral and anal sex should still be banned by the federal government because you found the acts "gross"?

It was a couple of years ago, so it might take me awhile to find it. I think it would be a lot easier if you just admitted it instead of acting like a spineless coward running away from his past statements, but let me know.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Ha! Typical PDF.

And how does anything you say relate to this thread?

NADA notallthere

Legend
Legend

Only if you were following the Grateful Dead tour around the country.

Tye Died in the 60's smile

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Ha! Typical PDF.

And how does anything you say relate to this thread?

NADA notallthere

*40 gets embarrassed*

40: Stick to the thread, please

And as for relevance, you called me "deranged" over and over because you can't answer to the fact that you worship a wimpy sexual predator with dementia, so I pointed out that you had no business calling me deranged considering that you want the government to ban sex acts that frighten you.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
If I am embarrassed it is for you. notallthere

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

While I appreciate the sentiment, I don't really need the empathy of a man who thought members of a court were "sissies" because they wanted to jail a war criminal who raped women in front of their children.

O
Legend
Legend
O
All BS aside, I don't really care about this bill as long as it requires a class and screening for the original permit. I can't imagine that they will put out a final bill that does not make states with no requirements step up their games.

This might actually be a hidden gem for gun control and all the Trumpians are for it! lol

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-cong...ty+act%22%5D%7D

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/09/18 12:44 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend

That's exactly what the alcoholic, drug addict and woman beater Johnny Manziel told the Browns Sunday. So your in good company.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

Tye-dyed shirts were dead by then. Bell bottoms, the grave was being dug but leisure suits were strong and disco, while disgusting was "stayin' alive".

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A

Would you like me to post a link to the time you thought "sodomy" meant "gay sex", and when it was pointed out that it doesn't, you Googled "sodomy definition" and copied and pasted the first result, purposefully deleting all the parts that pertained to heterosexual activity, and then when everybody mocked you, you claimed that oral and anal sex should still be banned by the federal government because you found the acts "gross"?

It was a couple of years ago, so it might take me awhile to find it. I think it would be a lot easier if you just admitted it instead of acting like a spineless coward running away from his past statements, but let me know.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/sodomy

http://www.yourdictionary.com/sodomy

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/sodomy

And one that you probably are thinking: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sodomy

Seems the word has many connotations/meanings.

Now, please note, I don't have a dog in this fight. But, as I have linked to, many definitions of sodomy refer specifically of male to male sex.

Seems the word has changed over time?

Oh, I just gave the links. You can read them for yourself. No changing of any wording or anything by me.

D
Legend
Legend
D

rofl ..

I loved Link ... he was tooooo cooooolllllllllll ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

rofl ..

I loved Link ... he was tooooo cooooolllllllllll ... thumbsup

Met Clarence Williams III in 1969 he was at the Broadway show "Lilly in the Fields". We shook hands. It was around the time the hippie bro handshake started, I remember I wasn't good at it. LOL

– Jackie Robinson
E
Legend
Legend
E
I read this convo and had to wonder....Whats wrong with you people.

No Craps Given
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Concealed-Carry Reciprocity has everyone excited.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Pretty sure that's not it haha

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Pretty sure that's not it haha

Yes it is. It's a pathetic attempt at extending their manhood.

– Jackie Robinson
E
Legend
Legend
E
How does Johnny Manziel extend your manhood?

lmao

Do I want to know?

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
How does Johnny Manziel extend your manhood?

lmao

Do I want to know?

LMAO, Eve you know talking to 40 will take you to strange places.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/sodomy

http://www.yourdictionary.com/sodomy

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/sodomy

And one that you probably are thinking: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sodomy

Seems the word has many connotations/meanings.

Now, please note, I don't have a dog in this fight. But, as I have linked to, many definitions of sodomy refer specifically of male to male sex.

Seems the word has changed over time?

Oh, I just gave the links. You can read them for yourself. No changing of any wording or anything by me.

Sodomy, by definition and law, is oral and anal sex.

Men (typically black men engaged in sex acts with white women) are often charged with sodomy in the few backwards states where it's illegal. If I recall correctly, Tupac Shakur was arrested and charged with sodomy after being caught receiving oral sex from a woman in a nightclub.

When 40 posts something that's written coherently and in complete sentences, it's a dead giveaway that he didn't write it, as he has the verbal skills of a D-average elementary student. Every now and again, I'll paste it into Google to see where he stole it from. He usually just copies the first Google link he finds after typing in whatever he's trying to argue - i.e. when he wants to incorrectly assert that China is capitalist, you can type "China is capitalist", and inevitably it's the first result that he copied and pasted.

In this particular instance, he typed in "sodomy definition" (or something similar), and copied and pasted the first result, removing the sections that correctly identified it as an act that takes place between a woman and a man before posting it.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Tye-dyed shirts were dead by then. Bell bottoms, the grave was being dug but leisure suits were strong and disco, while disgusting was "stayin' alive".

Now hang on. I am sitting here right now in a tye-dyed shirt

https://liquidblue.com/sports/nfl/cleveland-browns

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus House Approves Concealed-Carry Reciprocity

Link Copied to Clipboard