Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hammer #1421851 03/15/18 03:53 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,608
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,608
Let's see how that plays out. He's certainly not a LT, period. I would think people could see how obvious that is.

And GM,

Joe talked about how good some of our QB's were too. How did that work out? lol


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1421873 03/15/18 04:13 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,518
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,518
Wat matters is that "Dorsey said " he Is moving to LT !

I don't see it working out , but I'm not the expert .

PitDAWG #1421880 03/15/18 04:18 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Quote:
Joe talked about how good some of our QB's were too. How did that work out? lol


As good as could be expected with the bums we signed LOL


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
waterdawg #1421885 03/15/18 04:22 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,608
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,608
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Wat matters is that "Dorsey said " he Is moving to LT !

I don't see it working out , but I'm not the expert .


If you look at the choices currently in the building, Coleman is one of two players that the FO would be forced to look at. Drango is already at LT. Drango is currently the starting LT and I saw nothing in Dorseys comment that stated Coleman was a head of Drango on the depth chart. So while he said that Coleman would be moved to the LT position, he certainly didn't say Coleman was starting at the LT position. People are reading more into it than was said.

I don't believe you have to be an expert to see that Coleman lacks the quickness and footwork required to be an NFL LT. A back-up if you don't have another body to put in there in case Drango goes down? Maybe....


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
GMdawg #1421887 03/15/18 04:23 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,608
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,608
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:
Joe talked about how good some of our QB's were too. How did that work out? lol


As good as could be expected with the bums we signed LOL


And that's exactly what I'm saying about Coleman at LT. lol


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1421889 03/15/18 04:24 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,518
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,518
" Coleman lacks the quickness and footwork required "

........That seemed pretty obvious to my untrained eye ..

cfrs15 #1421891 03/15/18 04:25 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,518
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,518
I really dislike reaching for a position in the draft .

PitDAWG #1421892 03/15/18 04:25 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
We shall see. IMO He is not the long term answer. But what do I know. lol


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1421897 03/15/18 04:27 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,608
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,608
You know a thing or two about the skill set needed to play LT. We've both been around long enough for me to know that.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1421899 03/15/18 04:28 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Yes Sir and right now he has the best skill set on the roster.


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1421900 03/15/18 04:30 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,608
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,608
Mmmmmm...Hmmmm. I see what you did there. lol


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1421903 03/15/18 04:32 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Good eyes bro thumbsup


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
PitDAWG #1421936 03/15/18 05:00 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,050
Legend
Online
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,050
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Let's see how that plays out. He's certainly not a LT, period. I would think people could see how obvious that is.

And GM,

Joe talked about how good some of our QB's were too. How did that work out? lol


Joe isn't, and never was a QB, so him knowing what it takes to be a great QB can be taken with a grain of salt. However, Joe is a great LT, one of the greatest of all time. He does know, without a doubt, what it takes to be a great LT, and he has worked with Coleman on technique at LT. He did so last year, when he had "veteran's days off", and he is doing so now, from what I have read. Joe has long said that technique is everything at LT. If he can help Coleman learn great technique, then he could be a solid, though maybe not great, LT.


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,689
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,689
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle
We have no LT on the team. Coleman was adequate as a RT, but he isn’t a LT. He’s being moved there because Joe retired, and the only OT they could lure in FA is a RT as well.

This won’t be pretty.




I disagree. He did a fine job at Auburn. That isn't saying he is going to be a Joe Thomas, but since there have only been maybe 4-5 as good as Joe at the position, we need to see it play out.


Plus, TT like to roll right.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,475
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,475
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle
Apparently Dorsey does to as he said he would be our starting LT in the interview....we will see.


What I do know is the transition from of the leg kick of LT to RT is tough. Possibly he is more comfortable from the LT position.

What I really like reading is although retired Joe Thomas is in the house working with Shon Coleman...love it.

Coleman has the skill set. Maybe Sashi is not stupid.


Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hammer #1421990 03/15/18 06:44 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,580
B
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,580
Originally Posted By: Hammer
"Shon Coleman will move from right tackle to left tackle this season, GM John Dorsey said. Dorsey said he was excited to see just retired Joe Thomas in the team’s training facility working with Coleman on techniques at left tackle. “You can see that (Coleman’s) committed and looking forward to the challenge,” Dorsey said of Coleman’s switch to left tackle."

Just saying...


Reading that,committed,is a good word.Although it should be referencing Dorsey.


Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
cfrs15 #1421993 03/15/18 06:49 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,827
S
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
S
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,827
From listening to Dorsey on the radio, the kid from Pittsburgh is the starting RT, and Coleman is being moved to LT. He also said that Stephenson will be tried at LT also.

I think people undervalue Coleman. I don't know if he will be any good, nut he did play the position before. Who knows, maybe having to move to the right side was a chore for him. Reversing his kick back and stance after playing on the left side previously.

That being said, I think that if any LT becomes available, we will be calling. They made a run at the Pats LT. I don't think they are going to be satisfied with what they have.


RIP, Jim
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,689
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,689
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
Yes. For his first season starting he looked pretty good and got better as the season went on.

Can he play on the left though?

Joe says he can, but I'm not as sure.




Ok....then who are we posters going to go with? tongue


Just saying.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1422003 03/15/18 07:08 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
Yes. For his first season starting he looked pretty good and got better as the season went on.

Can he play on the left though?

Joe says he can, but I'm not as sure.




Ok....then who are we posters going to go with? tongue


Depends on if what he's saying makes them feel smart or not.

PitDAWG #1422014 03/15/18 07:53 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,189
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,189
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Wat matters is that "Dorsey said " he Is moving to LT !

I don't see it working out , but I'm not the expert .


If you look at the choices currently in the building, Coleman is one of two players that the FO would be forced to look at. Drango is already at LT. Drango is currently the starting LT and I saw nothing in Dorseys comment that stated Coleman was a head of Drango on the depth chart. So while he said that Coleman would be moved to the LT position, he certainly didn't say Coleman was starting at the LT position. People are reading more into it than was said.

I don't believe you have to be an expert to see that Coleman lacks the quickness and footwork required to be an NFL LT. A back-up if you don't have another body to put in there in case Drango goes down? Maybe....

I went back and looked at the NFL Draft Profile on Coleman. It talked exclusively about Coleman at LT. A lot of those profiles will say something like, 'although a LT in college he projects as a RT in the NFL'. His profile didn't say that. They expected him to be drafted in the 2nd round as a LT at the pro level.

Plus, you've said it before and many of the sites I read say the same thing, that Drango needed too much help at LT. It caused the team to scheme the offense to make up for his deficiencies.

So there's that.


#gmstrong
ddubia #1422024 03/15/18 08:26 PM
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 5,386
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 5,386
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Wat matters is that "Dorsey said " he Is moving to LT !

I don't see it working out , but I'm not the expert .


If you look at the choices currently in the building, Coleman is one of two players that the FO would be forced to look at. Drango is already at LT. Drango is currently the starting LT and I saw nothing in Dorseys comment that stated Coleman was a head of Drango on the depth chart. So while he said that Coleman would be moved to the LT position, he certainly didn't say Coleman was starting at the LT position. People are reading more into it than was said.

I don't believe you have to be an expert to see that Coleman lacks the quickness and footwork required to be an NFL LT. A back-up if you don't have another body to put in there in case Drango goes down? Maybe....

I went back and looked at the NFL Draft Profile on Coleman. It talked exclusively about Coleman at LT. A lot of those profiles will say something like, 'although a LT in college he projects as a RT in the NFL'. His profile didn't say that. They expected him to be drafted in the 2nd round as a LT at the pro level.

Plus, you've said it before and many of the sites I read say the same thing, that Drango needed too much help at LT. It caused the team to scheme the offense to make up for his deficiencies.

So there's that.


Drango has feet worse than Coleman. Both could get better, but I would never expect Drango to be on the left long term. Coleman at least has a shot.

PitDAWG #1422029 03/15/18 08:37 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,265
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,265
Quote:
ere's what I know. Joe has talked up most of our players. It's what he has done. He's talked up most of our QB's too. How has that worked out for you? lmao


He also talked up Hue Jackson. wink


And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
PitDAWG #1422031 03/15/18 08:49 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,475
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,475
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Let's see how that plays out. He's certainly not a LT, period. I would think people could see how obvious that is.

And GM,

Joe talked about how good some of our QB's were too. How did that work out? lol


I call BS here, you talk as if u know when actually you know diddly.

Let see Joe talks about QB so all of a sudden he knows Diddly about LT but you know...lol

Greco not on the team but know are personnel says Coleman can make the transition. Of course proof is in the pudding. But lets see.

Dorsey, HOF LT Joe Thomas and former Brown OL vet Greco. All claim Coleman is the guy.

Or the fan known as Pitdawg, hmmm who should I believe...lol really
saywhat


Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1422034 03/15/18 08:57 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,189
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,189
Yeah, he's a closet Steelers fan. NOT! lol


#gmstrong
eotab #1422036 03/15/18 09:02 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,518
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,518
Coleman played some LT in pre-season if I remember right . Wasn't pretty ...lol . Ya can't fix it all in a single season.

cfrs15 #1422037 03/15/18 09:04 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,541
P
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
P
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,541
With the amount of picks we have it would not hurt to draft a prospect who we think can play LT in a year or two. Develop him with our new QB.

pfm1963 #1422041 03/15/18 09:12 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,336
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,336
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
With the amount of picks we have it would not hurt to draft a prospect who we think can play LT in a year or two. Develop him with our new QB.


We got that FSU LT last year that's kinda soft and clumsy but supposed to be athletic with quick feet.


UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
cfrs15 #1422045 03/15/18 09:14 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,541
P
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
P
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,541
But as long as we have so many picks we should keep picking excellent prospects at key positions (LT being one of them, QB another).

Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,101
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,101
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
With the amount of picks we have it would not hurt to draft a prospect who we think can play LT in a year or two. Develop him with our new QB.


We got that FSU LT last year that's kinda soft and clumsy but supposed to be athletic with quick feet.
I think Roderick Johnson is the name you're looking for.


1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,129
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,129
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
With the amount of picks we have it would not hurt to draft a prospect who we think can play LT in a year or two. Develop him with our new QB.


We got that FSU LT last year that's kinda soft and clumsy but supposed to be athletic with quick feet.
I think Roderick Johnson is the name you're looking for.


That's the one. Hope he is still around for TC...


When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
bbrowns32 #1422059 03/15/18 09:30 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,336
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,336
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
That's the one. Hope he is still around for TC...


From what I saw last year, I don't see it happening. He's not coordinated and doesn't seem to play with the attitude required to be an O-Linemen in the NFL


UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,129
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,129
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
That's the one. Hope he is still around for TC...


From what I saw last year, I don't see it happening. He's not coordinated and doesn't seem to play with the attitude required to be an O-Linemen in the NFL


He didn't play last season. I don't believe he has seen a snap yet...


When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Roderic Johnson is bad. He was abused in camp. He's soft. He is very similar to Cameron Erving.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,475
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,475
All Im saying players progress. Usually slow from those who actually are athletically quick can be from thinking during the process. So if Coleman is more comfortable on the Left maybe he can make it. Just wish to actually see him play some games after preparing this offseason n camps with guess what Joe Thomas helping!


Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
bbrowns32 #1422082 03/15/18 09:52 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,336
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,336
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
He didn't play last season. I don't believe he has seen a snap yet...


He played in preseason (and terribly at that).

And he was beaten repeatedly in camp. Not just by Myles Garrett either (although, that was part of the articles while Myles started on the backup squads)


UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,376
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,376
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
He didn't play last season. I don't believe he has seen a snap yet...


He played in preseason (and terribly at that).

And he was beaten repeatedly in camp. Not just by Myles Garrett either (although, that was part of the articles while Myles started on the backup squads)


He was a baby giraffe, though. Only 21 years old (at the time, 22 now) and just not ready to harness that raw ability. He needed development time more than anything. He was purely an upside pick.

I read quite a few times that people thought he should have returned to school for another year, and that he could have seen his value skyrocket as a result.

I thought he was pretty good in the preseason. Much better than the cap reports suggested, which I suppose is to be expected because Joe Thomas makes it look effortless. Obviously a rookie, but far from a lost cause.

Then again, I'm no OL expert, but it will be interesting to see his progression when he returns for camp.

BDU #1422091 03/15/18 10:05 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,336
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,336
Originally Posted By: BDU
I thought he was pretty good in the preseason. Much better than the cap reports suggested, which I suppose is to be expected because Joe Thomas makes it look effortless. Obviously a rookie, but far from a lost cause.

Then again, I'm no OL expert, but it will be interesting to see his progression when he returns for camp.


Hey, it's a big roster. We'll see how he looks next year in camp.

My guess, he doesn't make the team


UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,101
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,101
I get that he played poorly early in his first NFL training camp before getting injured a missing the entire season. While that may mean he doesn't have what it takes, it could also be that he was overwhelmed and is capable of more than he showed.

I will reserve judgement on the kid until we see what he looks like in TC this year.


1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,336
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,336
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
I get that he played poorly early in his first NFL training camp before getting injured a missing the entire season. While that may mean he doesn't have what it takes, it could also be that he was overwhelmed and is capable of more than he showed.

I will reserve judgement on the kid until we see what he looks like in TC this year.


Oh aboslutely. If this guy really improves, that'll be great.

I don't mind being wrong at all, especially when it's better for the team. And i'm wrong all the time, lol


UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,376
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,376
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Originally Posted By: BDU
I thought he was pretty good in the preseason. Much better than the cap reports suggested, which I suppose is to be expected because Joe Thomas makes it look effortless. Obviously a rookie, but far from a lost cause.

Then again, I'm no OL expert, but it will be interesting to see his progression when he returns for camp.


Hey, it's a big roster. We'll see how he looks next year in camp.

My guess, he doesn't make the team


That it is. I'm still getting accustomed to this team having a reasonable amount of depth. It'll be nice if late round picks don't automatically make the roster on the back of down-the-line potential. thumbsup

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Left Tackle?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5