Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
The new Tomb Raider game is dropping next month I just saw. Quite frankly, these are extremely fun games, but not in the realm of worthy of $60 bucks. These short play campaigns are what TR is known for now. Very fun, very short...

I'll wait but will definitely play it at some point in time.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
The new Tomb Raider game is dropping next month I just saw. Quite frankly, these are extremely fun games, but not in the realm of worthy of $60 bucks. These short play campaigns are what TR is known for now. Very fun, very short...

I'll wait but will definitely play it at some point in time.

Agreed. Even with the sandbox, open world, do different missions type of stuff, and you can beat the whole thing, the replay value is too low.

Honestly, there aren't many games I play right away. If you stagger yourself and follow about 6 months behind, you can get yourself good deals on new games (I don't buy many used games because I don't like how the developer gets no piece of the action)

EDIT: This is one of my issues with Nintendo though. Their games take forever to fall in price and they cost a bunch of money used. I understand why they do it, but when SONY & Microsoft and Third Parties drop the cost of their games, but Nintendo doesn't, I generally will shy away from Nintendo.

Still see no reason to buy a Switch except for Mario Odyssey (Cause I have a WiiU). Zelda, MarioKart, Smash Bros. I own all on WiiU. What's the point? Splatoon 1 was certainly nothing to write home about either

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 03/16/18 11:49 AM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
EA announced the new progression system in battlefront 2 today. Essentially:
- You get skill points for as class by playing that class. Skill points will be used to upgrade star cards
- No more star cards or any kind game improving items will come from loot crates
- loot crates can be bought with ingame credits and will contain only cosmetics
- cash shop is coming back, will contain only cosmetic items and you buy those items directly (loot crates cannot be bought with real money)
-all heroes will be unlocked

The lack of sales from this game must've punched EA in the gut to do this. After the outrage in November, I expected EA to cut their losses and abandon the game.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Squires
- You get skill points for as class by playing that class. Skill points will be used to upgrade star cards
- No more star cards or any kind game improving items will come from loot crates
- cash shop is coming back, will contain only cosmetic items and you buy those items directly (loot crates cannot be bought with real money)

The lack of sales from this game must've punched EA in the gut to do this. After the outrage in November, I expected EA to cut their losses and abandon the game.

Disney has already reached out to Bioware and other companies. I think with the failure that was Battlefront (I have it and think it's fun... wouldn't ever have dropped more money into it though), EA will lose their license to it or whatever. There was already a petition with over 100k sigs wanting EA to go away.

But yeah, it is ncie to see EA just didn't abandon the game. There was awhile there where the devs/etc weren't responding or anything and that was the jist... they cut their losses and moved on. Hopefully grubby and money hungry EA will respect the gamers instead of their profits more next time. The loot crate system brought a TON of negativity to them.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Disney has already reached out to Bioware and other companies. I think with the failure that was Battlefront (I have it and think it's fun... wouldn't ever have dropped more money into it though), EA will lose their license to it or whatever. There was already a petition with over 100k sigs wanting EA to go away.

But yeah, it is ncie to see EA just didn't abandon the game. There was awhile there where the devs/etc weren't responding or anything and that was the jist... they cut their losses and moved on. Hopefully grubby and money hungry EA will respect the gamers instead of their profits more next time. The loot crate system brought a TON of negativity to them.

Isn't Bioware owned by EA? Yes they are.

But it doesn't surprise me that Disney would look for other companies to produce their games.

The issue is, there's only so many publishers big enough to market these games correctly. I don't think they have as many options as they think unless they want to take more of a role in the marketing.

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 03/17/18 10:58 AM.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
I thought the beginning of Horizon was pretty slow. Need to get back into it, but haven't had much time to commit to gaming lately.

It is, but once it gets rolling it's the best.

I loved that game. Second favorite of the current generation. Possibly first (over Witcher 3).

And I've played/beaten a lot of games, including Zelda

That's funny, because when I was playing Horizon for the first time, it reminds me of Witcher 3. They aren't the same game, but the quality of each mission, including side ones. There are too many games these days that just throw in ton of fetch quests, which is lazy, and makes the game seem like a chore.

I'm hours into Horizon, and I have yet to feel like they slacked on anything. The Witcher 3, which I haven't finished, gives you the EXACT same feel. Like the folks who made the game, really gave a crap about the people who play it.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Squires

Good to hear. I think part of the problem was EA had exclusivity for star wars, so they had no competition. Thats always bad for the consumer. It would be great to see more star wars games than just FPS. Who wouldn't love a star wars version of the witcher/fallout/elder scrolls?

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
I thought the beginning of Horizon was pretty slow. Need to get back into it, but haven't had much time to commit to gaming lately.

It is, but once it gets rolling it's the best.

I loved that game. Second favorite of the current generation. Possibly first (over Witcher 3).

And I've played/beaten a lot of games, including Zelda

That's funny, because when I was playing Horizon for the first time, it reminds me of Witcher 3. They aren't the same game, but the quality of each mission, including side ones. There are too many games these days that just throw in ton of fetch quests, which is lazy, and makes the game seem like a chore.

I'm hours into Horizon, and I have yet to feel like they slacked on anything. The Witcher 3, which I haven't finished, gives you the EXACT same feel. Like the folks who made the game, really gave a crap about the people who play it.

Exactly. The Witcher 3 side quests are so good that I actually end up abandoning the main quest most of the time. It's definitely one of the best games ever. If Horizon is anywhere close I'll have to look into it soon

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Battlefront II players, the big 2.0 patch released. This is how the game should have been from the beginning and it probably wouldn't have tanked so much in the cloud of negativity. I'm totally cool with microtransactions on the sole bases of cosmetics. I support that 100% actually.

Anyway, here's the official patch notes:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discus...otes-update-2-0

Nice to see my FAVORITE bounty hunter A. not get nerfed again and B. health increase! I love Boba Fett!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I enjoyed the campaign - multiplayer not so much.

I really would like to see a 3rd person SW game focused on jedi etc. I believe there was one years ago on xbox maybe when 1,2,3 were released. I forget which one, but I loved it. You played as obi wan and qui gon.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

I really would like to see a 3rd person SW game focused on jedi etc. I believe there was one years ago on xbox maybe when 1,2,3 were released. I forget which one, but I loved it. You played as obi wan and qui gon.

You Mean, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

I remember the game was kinda fun, but there wasn't much to it. Didn't take too long to beat, and once you did, no interest in playing it again. It was essentially a rental (that i essentially rented)

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

You Mean, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

I remember the game was kinda fun, but there wasn't much to it. Didn't take too long to beat, and once you did, no interest in playing it again. It was essentially a rental (that i essentially rented)
That was it!!

I enjoyed it. That was back in the day when games were meant to be games, not theatrical releases. I don't need Hours upon hours of story. Plug and play baby. lol

edit to add : going down memory lane, I really loved Die Hard : Trilogy for PS1.

Last edited by willitevachange; 03/23/18 03:24 PM.
D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Didn't they try to make an open world SW game but canned it?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Didn't they try to make an open world SW game but canned it?

I dunno. They made that famous Knights Of The Old Republic, which was sort of an RPG.

But a real open world RPG Star Wars would be wonderful. Something like a Mass Effect, Fallout, or even Skyrim (depending on how you do it)

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Yeah Visceral was making one, then EA canned it. I'd be all for an open world SW game.

I played The Force Unleashed too. Reminds me exactly or the recent Tomb Raider games. Extremely fun, extremely short.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Except Tomb Raider was still open world with the sandbox select your mission style.

Force Unleashed wasn't that. It was a linear game

FYI, I just bought Titanfall 2 for like 6 dollars on PSN Store. I think you have to have PS Plus though. It's like 11 dollars with disc on amazon (but I bought a month of PS Plus to play Destiny 2 with a buddy of mine)

Just wondering: Anyone on here play the game Overcooked? My buddy and I had a real tough time the other day finding games (other than sports games) that you could sit on the couch to play together. We were looking for 3rd person or 1st person shooter. Ended up settling on Halo 4, backwards compatible to XboxOne. Had a great time.

But I kept on reading up on this Overcooked. Does anyone own this one? I was thinking for my best buddy and i and my wife/his girlfriend as a four person game that isn't too technical cause the WAGs don't game that much so they're not that coordinated with the controllers

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 03/24/18 01:16 PM.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
You want to play fortnite if you're looking for an interactive 3rd person shooter. The game is free on playstation and Xbox. It's a king of the hill style game, where the winner(s) is the last one alive, so there are no side missions or objectives. Although if you buy their game pass, they give you 10 objectives every week, but they do not affect the game in anyway. Also, all micro transactions are purely cosmetic, so there is no pay to win.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
You want to play fortnite if you're looking for an interactive 3rd person shooter. The game is free on playstation and Xbox. It's a king of the hill style game, where the winner(s) is the last one alive, so there are no side missions or objectives. Although if you buy their game pass, they give you 10 objectives every week, but they do not affect the game in anyway. Also, all micro transactions are purely cosmetic, so there is no pay to win.

I've heard of this and might check it out. Like BattleRoyale/Hunger Games or something?

But I doubt it's something I can sit on the couch next to my buddy and play

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Yep it's a basic battle Royale game. You skydive into the map with no weapons and have to find guns (which is very easy). The twist is that you can break down houses, trees and other things to gather resources and build structures with them. It's not a game that can be played by two people on the same platform, but I'm up all night playing it with my roommates.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Yep it's a basic battle Royale game. You skydive into the map with no weapons and have to find guns (which is very easy). The twist is that you can break down houses, trees and other things to gather resources and build structures with them. It's not a game that can be played by two people on the same platform, but I'm up all night playing it with my roommates.
I have tried to play this multiple times, I gotta say, im not really a fan.

Too much going on with it - plays like a mobile game imo and is complicated with the amount of different things to keep track off.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Anybody get Sea of Thieves? I loved the idea, but it's getting a very lukewarm reception.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Anybody get Sea of Thieves? I loved the idea, but it's getting a very lukewarm reception.

Na, my buddy wants me to get it so i can play with him. He says it's hard being out there on your own. lol

He did say it seemed like it'd get repetitive quick. Last I knew he was chasing chickens on some island

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Anyone see this "a way out"

Its a co op game, where you can play sitting on the couch together or onine with a friend. Its truly co-op meaning you have to have the friend I think to play. Whats really cool is if you buy it, your friend gets a copy of the game for free to play.

I watched about it on Xbox live ad. Its really interesting. anyone play it yet? It just came out the other day.

Link

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I'll have to check it out. Buy one get one free for a friend, that what's up!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I watched about it on Xbox live ad. Its really interesting. anyone play it yet? It just came out the other day.

Link

Yeah, I'm kind of interested.

I started playing that game, Fortnite: Batte Royale. Pretty cool. Something to do and you don't need PS Plus.

Games are fast and there's plenty of strategy. It's very interesting (after you die) seeing how other people play

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
any news or reviews on FarCry 5 yet? I have picked it up.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

IGN gave it an 8.9, Gamespot says potential score of 90, can't find a score from Kokatu but here's a review from them https://kotaku.com/far-cry-5-the-kotaku-review-1824076892 . Metacritic has 81.

I'm excited about it. But i'll wait to get it on sale for around 30$. I got too many games to play. Wolfenstein, Shadow of War: Middle Earth, Assassin's Creed: Origins, and I just bought Titanfall 2 for like 6 dollars.

And I still have to beat this female vampire thing in Nioh which i took a break from because she was too hard

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Buddy just picked up Wildlands, so I'm going to get back into this. Get to kill The Predator in this game lol!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

IGN gave it an 8.9, Gamespot says potential score of 90, can't find a score from Kokatu but here's a review from them https://kotaku.com/far-cry-5-the-kotaku-review-1824076892 . Metacritic has 81.

I'm excited about it. But i'll wait to get it on sale for around 30$. I got too many games to play. Wolfenstein, Shadow of War: Middle Earth, Assassin's Creed: Origins, and I just bought Titanfall 2 for like 6 dollars.

And I still have to beat this female vampire thing in Nioh which i took a break from because she was too hard
titalfall for 6 bucks is a steal. its not gonna blow your doors off, buts a very entertaining game and concept. The bot battles are fun and fast paced. I enjoyed it, haven't played in awhile, I might have to slip it in. I got it black Friday for 12 bucks I think, I thought that was a good deal lol. 6, a steal.

FYI PS4 has Twisted Metal Black for 9.99 download to play. I just downloaded that last night, man the MEMORIES!!!! Still wish the first 2 would come out to play though, those were my favorites.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
FYI PS4 has Twisted Metal Black for 9.99 download to play. I just downloaded that last night, man the MEMORIES!!!! Still wish the first 2 would come out to play though, those were my favorites.

Did they remaster it or is it basically the original version ported to PS4

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Na, my buddy wants me to get it so i can play with him. He says it's hard being out there on your own. lol

He did say it seemed like it'd get repetitive quick. Last I knew he was chasing chickens on some island

I finally sat down and played last night with the buddy that convinced me to get it. We played for a couple hours and pretty much laughed the whole time. It's a really fun and funny game. That said, it's very shallow. We could already tell it's going to get boring pretty quick. It'll be a good game for jumping into it for an hour or so with friends for some laughs.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh... and big news...

I finally got a Switch! Goodbye, everyone! It was nice knowing you!

-PrplPplEater
S
Legend
Legend
S

The best thing about FC games is that they drop in price quickly.

I pre-ordered mine because I was dying to play it, and got the immediate discount with Amazon. I also had a gift card to I ended up paying like 20 bucks for the game. I usually don't buy release. I wait for price drops or GOTY edition type releases.

Seems like some of the media outlets had some unfavorable reviews, but the actual gamers enjoy the game. FC games are what they are, and if you're looking for some ultra deep Skyrime type game, you'll be disappointed. I like it for it's crazy storylines, and fun gameplay. They don't ever take themselves seriously either.

The game is still sitting sealed on my coffee table. I put in 11-12 hour days all week, and am also still deep into Horizon.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
The best thing about FC games is that they drop in price quickly.

I pre-ordered mine because I was dying to play it, and got the immediate discount with Amazon. I also had a gift card to I ended up paying like 20 bucks for the game. I usually don't buy release. I wait for price drops or GOTY edition type releases.

Seems like some of the media outlets had some unfavorable reviews, but the actual gamers enjoy the game. FC games are what they are, and if you're looking for some ultra deep Skyrime type game, you'll be disappointed. I like it for it's crazy storylines, and fun gameplay. They don't ever take themselves seriously either.

The game is still sitting sealed on my coffee table. I put in 11-12 hour days all week, and am also still deep into Horizon.

Dropping in price seems to be the case with most US games. Some of the Japanese games (Nier Automata and Nioh) don't drop in price much.

And Nintendo games take forever to drop in price. One of the reasons I still haven't bought the Switch. (Game's 50$ still and it's the only one I care to buy on the system, considering I already own WiiU and have beaten Zelda and played the heck out of Mario Kart 8)

But I'm defintiely looking forward to when I play FC5. They are fun games. Although don't compete with the likes of Horizon.

Right now I'm playing Assassin's Creed: Origins, which I really like. But it already got stupid. They did that present day nonsense where you are like in a virtual simulation of the past.

I don't get it. What's the point of doing this? The story works just fine, no other games does this kind of garbage. I didn't buy Assassin's Creed: Origins to play in the present day. I bought it because the setting was ancienet egypt.

I figured Ubisoft figured this one out with Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (another good one), but apparently they didn't. No one cares about this virtual reality company (Abicus?) and the present templars vs assassin's stuff. Drives me freakin nuts

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I just pre-ordered the new God of War. I thought it was releasing later this year, but nope it's this month!

These games have always been great.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Did they remaster it or is it basically the original version ported to PS4
original version

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
These God of War gameplay videos out now are getting me super, super pumped. I think I'm going to love the axe instead of the chained blades. It's cool because I signed up for the Amazon Prime trial without this in mind, and here they give you a discount on new games. So I got that, and from seems to be release day delivered to my house. The trial expired the day after so just in time!

Going rock that game out on that weekend.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Far Cry 5 is pretty good. I have only about an hour into it, but its true to its former games in gameplay style.

The graphics and open world are stunning.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Not that anyone besides me cares, but God of War drops today. UPS has it out for delivery. Love ya Amazon.

Game reviews are insanely positive. Playstation for the win!

Legend
Legend
Yup, been playing GoW. So far, so great.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Gaming Thread, Part III

Link Copied to Clipboard