Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/michelle-wolf-god-bless-abortions-and-god-bless-america

"You should be proud of it, you're doing a good thing."

Quote:
Comedian Michelle Wolf saluted abortions on her Netflix show, declaring at the end of a sketch, "God bless abortions and God bless America," while donning the colors of the American flag and tossing confetti.

In the clip for the July 4 week episode of "The Break with Michelle Wolf," published Sunday on YouTube, Wolf decried President Trump's forthcoming Supreme Court pick as someone who would be "almost certain" to rule in favor of overturning Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 ruling that made abortion legal nationwide.

“Look, access to abortion is good and important,” Wolf said. “Some people say abortion is ‘killing a baby.’ It’s not. It’s stopping a baby from happening. It’s like 'Back to the Future' and abortion is the DeLorean. And everyone loves DeLoreans."

Wolf also condemned people who identify as "pro-life."

“Pro-life is a propaganda term that isn’t real, like healthy ice cream and handsome testicles," she said, adding that "anti-abortion" is more accurate, but that it is synonymous with "anti-woman."

"If these people were actually pro-life, they would be fighting hard for healthcare, child care, education, gun control, and protecting the environment," Wolf said.

Wolf previously made waves with a groan-inducing joke about abortion during the White House Correspondents' dinner in April that centered on Vice President Mike Pence's anti-abortion stance.

“He thinks abortion is murder,” Wolf said, “which, first of all, don’t knock it ‘til you try it — and when you do try it, really knock it. You know, you’ve got to get that baby out of there. And yeah, sure, you can groan all you want. I know a lot of you are very anti-abortion. You know, unless it’s the one you got for your secret mistress."

"Some people say" = all of medicine and science.

The absolute nonsense about how "all of these people should be fighting for healthcare, gun control, the environment." What the heck? Aside from partisanship these issues have nothing to do with one another.

I still believe that women should have access to this, I am not for taking it away, but this disgusting, crass display does absolutely nothing to keep me on that side. The recent trend of completely dropping "safe and rare" to openly celebrating it, is a tragic and disgusting shift. None of this was funny, literally the only thing I slightly chuckled at was the "stairs" comment.

The depravity of celebrating this and have a faux parade for it. I honestly thought that before maybe the last 3 months that the abortion case was a lost cause, much like gun control is for Leftist, two battles neither side is winning anytime soon. This recent idea that abortion is somehow virtuous simply cannot resonate with anyone but radical leftists.

I've known 3 women who have had them and to a woman all have express the deepest regret, all them now have multiple children. 2 of the 3 were openly permanently affected by it. I cannot think of a worse way to go about this.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think we actually pretty much agree here. The only difference between us that I see is that I keep in mind that she's a comedian and this is just part of her shtick. So I don't really take it seriously.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I get it, it's her schtick to be over the top. Totally understand, but this isn't a one off even as it pertains to JUST comedians. This is an ongoing trend toward the celebration of this tragic event.

https://shoutyourabortion.com/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...ice-debate.html

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
When the unhinged right calls them murderers and tries to shame them, the most brazen will tell them to screw off. I believe you've used that reasoning to change political parties, no?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
This entire post is wrong frown

But you realize she's a comedian and she's looking for attention for her show. You're taking the joke too serious and are now giving her more money and attention. way to go.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I get what you're saying but I do believe it's quite disingenuous to pretend this is an issue that only exists on one side.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I get what you're saying but I do believe it's quite disingenuous to pretend this is an issue that only exists on one side.

Am I missing mainstream comedians with shows on Netflix promoting radical right wing ideology?

Or maybe I misunderstood your post.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Even scarier. It's often time their elected officials and not their comedians.

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Vambo

rofl rofl rofl rofl

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: BpG

Am I missing mainstream comedians with shows on Netflix promoting radical right wing ideology?

Or maybe I misunderstood your post.

Assumes conservatives have a sense of humor.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
The "free speech" guys who are "classical liberals" that think "suppression of ideas is fascism" always get set off by third-rate comedians fishing for shock value.

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

I will begrudgingly concede that for the sake of argument. With that said who reaches more people and what would you say the ratio is to a Netflix show and a backward Senator in a rural area?

10,000 to 1? 100,000 to 1?

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PDF
The "free speech" guys who are "classical liberals" that think "suppression of ideas is "fascism" always get set off by third-rate comedians fishing for shock value.

"I don't have a reasonable point and almost never add to any conversation, I just add stupid quotes to everything i write and think I am debating".

P
Legend
Legend
P
I have no idea. But is it about how many people hear who says it, or the fact that it's said at all?

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
The "free speech" guys who are "classical liberals" that think "suppression of ideas is fascism" always get set off by third-rate comedians fishing for shock value.

"I only value free speech because it allows me to say black people are more violent without being called a racist."

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

I will begrudgingly concede that for the sake of argument. With that said who reaches more people and what would you say the ratio is to a Netflix show and a backward Senator in a rural area?

10,000 to 1? 100,000 to 1?

Almost no one watches Michelle Wolf. Her audience is less than Samantha Bee's, who like half a million people watch on her best day.

You got all fussy because people made fun of you for taking Dave Rubin or Jordan Peterson seriously...and you're making a thread about how you're upset about what Michelle Wolf said? For real?

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I have no idea. But is it about how many people hear who says it, or the fact that it's said at all?

Saying it is totally fine, broadcasting it is gross, believing in it is disgusting.

I definitely think the reach of a Netflix show that when you log on is heavily promoted far outweighs virtually any elected official not the President or Vice.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Hey, at least she didn't put it on a giant balloon and fly it over a major city. lmao

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

rofl rofl rofl rofl

You don't get opaque skin or grow that large until ~20 weeks.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

Saying it is totally fine, broadcasting it is gross, believing in it is disgusting.

I definitely think the reach of a Netflix show that when you log on is heavily promoted far outweighs virtually any elected official not the President or Vice.

You should cancel your subscription and organize a boycott.

P
Legend
Legend
P

But do comedians actually believe everything they say or just say a lot of things for shock value and to garner attention? Sort of like the attention you're giving her now. And aren't you actually helping to spread the amount of people hearing her message with your posts on this topic?

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Interesting second picture.

Reminds me of when I find a bird egg that has fallen out of the nest, and the baby bird looks similar. My thoughts, at that, are "Oh, a baby bird died." Not - Eh, it was just a clump of cells.

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

But do comedians actually believe everything they say or just say a lot of things for shock value and to garner attention? Sort of like the attention you're giving her now. And aren't you actually helping to spread the amount of people hearing her message with your posts on this topic?

You're right, I am and I thought about that before posting it, but I figured it was going to end up in this forum regardless.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Interesting second picture.

Reminds me of when I find a bird egg that has fallen out of the nest, and the baby bird looks similar. My thoughts, at that, are "Oh, a baby bird died." Not - Eh, it was just a clump of cells.

My thoughts: "Well, at you won't be chirping at a street light at 4 in the morning."

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, 40 or Vambo probably would have posted it eventually. The only difference there is that we can discuss the topic like two grown adults.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

You have those backwards.. believing it is disgusting, therefore saying it and broadcasting are also disgusting.. and for whomever may have been sitting at home smiling and laughing.. also disgusting.

Abortion, even if you believe it should be legal, is still a traumatic thing to do for any woman with a soul and should not be used as the subject of humor...

But again, as with everything else, this has turned into a "let's mock the other political side" rather than a debate over whether this woman is disgusting or REALLY disgusting...

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O

"I only value free speech because it allows me to say black people are more violent without being called a racist."

But dammit, I still can't drop N-Bombs at the club without blacks getting unhinged.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

"I'm not signing up for 10th grade Biology. I'll never use it in my life."

Vambo's meme author: "That's what I'm counting on... naughtydevil "

#roomtempiq

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Quote:
But do comedians actually believe everything they say or just say

Carlin: yes.
Stewart: yes.
Maher: yes.They are/were absolutely consistent in their interviews and stand-up. Others? who can say?

I've only known about Michelle Wolf for about 4-5 years, and haven't really encountered interviews until immediately following the Correspondent's Dinner... and even then, she was more or less defending that specific monologue rather than speaking about her world view.

Interesting question, though. Be interesting to find out about a few.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
B
Legend
Legend
B

rofl rofl rofl rofl

None the less, you and I were at that stage. We are humans.

If someone kills a pregnant woman at that stage of her pregnancy, it would be charged a double homicide.

I am not for a all together ban of abortion even though I am against it. As I have always felt that community standards should be applied and each state should decide the issue. IMO the Feds have no skin in the battle. Let each state decide it's law and no Federal funding of abortion. Make it all State funding. You vote for it, you pay for it.

Pretty simple.

The Supremes should overturn Rowe and turn it back to the States to decide by way of vote. Way too much Federal oversight. Lets the states and the people govern.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
I don't understand how people actually think this way.... I understand an abortion under certian circumstances.. but damn.... it's a human life's your killing....

Maybe it's because it a shame so damn hard for me to get my kids.... but if you get pregnant you should honor thwt life...

<><

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
And 12 weeks prior to that, the fetus was just sperm and eggs, no more or less human than we were in that stage.

If a woman miscarries she is not charged with child endangerment or reckless homicide.

Personally, I think Southern states get more than their fair share of rule. Many people on this forum were alive when they thought segregation by race was the way to go.

There's also no Federal funding for abortion, which you know, but I'd hate to get in the way of your rhetoric.

Legend
Legend
Thank you Lord that CHS's mother didn't murder him smile

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Thank you Lord that CHS's mother didn't murder him smile

Thank You Lord for giving me a mother who left me at the hospital with a picture of picture of a group of men (of which one is supposed to be my father) with no picture of herself, to be put in an overcrowded orphanage, where they watered down the formula so bad that all of us were underweight (Yours truly weighed 11 lbs at 6 months), whose incommunicado style almost led to my adoption being blocked.

Thank You Lord for giving me this life experience. I now know what it's like for a mother to let go of her sons and daughters on a 2k+ mile journey by themselves just so that they could have a shot at a better life. Thank you lord for giving me the knowledge to show me that there is no stronger love than a mother who would carry her 3 month old child for thousands of miles on her back so they could have a chance at living. Thank you lord for allowing me to become a naturalized American citizen, so I can use my privilege to speak up for my brothers and sisters who seek a better life here.

I do wish the Lord made my father pregnant instead. I know he would've had an illegal abortion. Cuz that's the way men are. smile

Last edited by CHSDawg; 07/14/18 12:06 PM. Reason: Oversharing :)
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
[quote=CHSDawg]

[If a woman miscarries she is not charged with child endangerment or reckless homicide]

Not that I am looking to inflame the debate, but I think this is not apples to apples. An abortion is an intentional act while a miscarriage is not. If a 6 month old dies in her crib of SIDS or some other tragedy, the mother would not be charged with child endangering either.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, 40 or Vambo probably would have posted it eventually. The only difference there is that we can discuss the topic like two grown adults.

Besides BpG, who is the other adult?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
The whole point was that if the law somehow protects fetuses as a class of people then why is this happening.

Legend
Legend
One is killing a Fetus, the other is a medical condition leading to the death of a Fetus.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Michelle Wolf: "Abortion should be on the Dollar menu at McDonald's"

Link Copied to Clipboard