Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
New RB's same paltry results....was it really Crow?

Legend
Legend
Part of Crow's problem was running into his blockers and missing the hole. Not a real breakaway threat on a steady basis. Gotta call 'em to run 'em, something Hue promised often.

Run more.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
O
Legend
Legend
O
Vers,

I'm in a similar boat as you. I was pretty unimpressed with our FO letting Cro walk only to go out and sign Hyde and draft Chubb. The RB situation wasn't broken, but we went and fixed it anyway. That said, I won't get too worked up over having to find RBs in the draft and in FA. Hyde will be fine, and I think Chubb will be fine as well. They seem to both be bowling balls, where Cro is more of a well-rounded runner. We'll see if/how Chubb continues to heal. We'll also see how the line comes together. I did like how Chubb hit and pushed, where Cro would've hit and fell.

That said, I still don't think I'm going to "miss" Cro, per se. The guy was a decent RB that we got on the cheap. No more, no less. On the non-football side, he had a great story going up until that stupid cop tweet.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I liked the Crow but he didn't have the vision of a top NFL RB so we IMO have a better backfield today than we did last year, give it some time and I believe we will see the difference ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm going to have to wait until Chubb isn't hit in the backfield on over 73% of his carries before I can even guess what we have in him.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Jim Brown would have been in trouble behind the OL last week ...

Last edited by PastorMarc; 08/13/18 03:30 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Jim Brown would have been in trouble behind the OL last week ...
this is true

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

Scott Petrak ct
‏ @ScottPetrak
5m5 minutes ago

#Browns Greg Robinson working at LT with starters. Joel Bitonio back at LG
0 replies 7 retweets 4 likes

hmm

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
not surprising ..corbett was horrid. looks like they know to have a decent run game you have to have strong guards..between corbett and drango, it was a sieve

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Scott Petrak ct
‏ @ScottPetrak
5m5 minutes ago

hmm

Next will be Hubbard at LT?

Tackles are tackles.
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Not surprising, but I hate that it's we're still trying to flesh out where people are going to play.

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Scott Petrak ct
‏ @ScottPetrak
5m5 minutes ago

hmm

Next will be Hubbard at LT?

If any of them go to LT, and Joel back at LG - I guess that makes Corbett depth.

I still don't understand that pick.

Legend
Legend
Corbett really struggled last game ... he was straight abused in some instances. He's just not ready, which is a bad thing to admit for a pick that we didn't need

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

When I saw Chubb running, he was mainly running right into the backs of his lineman...And trying to squeeze through. There was very little holes or lanes to run through...However it did appear to be some room on stretches or if he was to bounce outside...However that is not his forte. I will give him praise that he did run hard, and often he had to be gang tackled, and was still churning his legs.

I think with Crow, His main issue was getting past level 1 (d-line)...And if or once he did, he was a real threat to level 2 (LBs) and if he made it level 3 (secondary) You can almost say goodbye to him...As he is too strong and deceivingly quick out there...

Now I think Chubb is primarily only a threat to level 1 and 2...He lacks home run ability, much like this years Detroit Tigers. He will be hard to bring down if he reaches level 3, he just isn't going to separate the secondary and run away from them...Then again this is a mere projection. I thought Chubb was more of a 3rd round back, However I do like a lot of his traits. Oline def. needs to be the ones pushing the line, not having the Dline push them around....that would help worlds from whomever.

Legend
Legend

Saw this article this morning and found it interesting.

The runner that I liked the most behind Barkley was Kerryon Johnson.

This is what they are saying in Detroit:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-lions-run-game

My comparison in the draft analysis that Vers started on RB's for Kerryon was Leroy Kelly.
=========================================================

"Vers, I like this guy.

He looks like the second best runner I have seen.

Reminds of: Get this: Leroy Kelly.

Long strider, great balance, and really good cutting ability. Shows excellent vision and balance.

Knows how and when to apply power.

I am a huge believer in Barkley. I really believe he is difference maker. I want him bad. But if that doesn't happen I like Johnson."
========================================================

Interesting to see him doing so well.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I just responded to you in the other thread. Here it is again.

I ended up ranking Kerryon and Penny as pretty much tied as the second best back after Barkley. I think I had Michel 4th. I believe I had Chubb 7th.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Penny is injured now. I'm not sure how bad yet.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Broken finger. I think they said he could miss 3-4 weeks.

Legend
Legend

Ouch... somewhere there's a crazy Browns fan saying "See! We dodged a bullet!"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE

Ouch... somewhere there's a crazy Browns fan saying "See! We dodged a bullet!"
haha yeah, and Seattle fans who wanted Chubb are saying "Look, he had 15 carries for 11 yards, he sucks"

D
Legend
Legend
D
Isaiah Crowell - RB - Jets

Isaiah Crowell (concussion) will sit out the second preseason game.

Crowell suffered a concussion in the preseason opener. He should be ready well before Week 1, but the missed time is a concern after Bilal Powell started and played the first 10 snaps of the opener. Crowell's status as the lead back is not as secure as it appeared over the summer.

Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter Aug 16 - 9:48 AM

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Maybe we can trade for him.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Next year's first rounder?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Next year's first rounder?

Sign & trade Dez?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

I was a big fan of Crow, but we should also mention his attitude was his undoing. He was liking posts on Twitter about signing with other teams and about how the coaches failed to use him properly. True or not, teams hate that. Especially in a league in which running-by-committee is the standard practice.

I think we also forget that Crow was utterly amazing for about 20 carries per year. The rest of the carries were plagued by inconsistency and indecision. It wasn't entirely on him, and he certainly didn't get as many chances as he should have to rush the ball, but he seldom inspired the ball into his hands. Duke Johnson, on the other hand, carved out a greater role.

With that said, I'm excited with what I've seen from the new group. The run blocking has been off, it always is with a new offense, but Hyde and Chubb bounced back against Buffalo with a really strong collective performance.

That is nice to see considering it's pretty clear that Duke Johnson is going to be a major weapon this year, and he's being kept under wraps as a receiver so far. Haley has shown us plenty of routes for Chubb and Hyde: Not their strength, but when it's Duke on those routes amongst Njoku/Gordon/Landry, it will open a whole new dynamic for the offense.

What I've been really impressed with is the non-OL blocking. I think that's one of the reasons Dorsey made the move to get Chubb and Hyde: They fulfil the ground and pound while also serving as reliable blockers.

It hasn't been a great start, but until everyone gets on the same page, it is difficult to pass judgement. So far, at least, I'm certainly encouraged following the Buffalo game. This should be a backfield that, at the very least, won't hold the team back.

Legend
Legend
good point about Chubb's ability to block ... that's a strength of his that is valuable

Legend
Legend
What will the Colts give us? After the TR charity love they gave us for him, I always want to see if they are interested. naughtydevil

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chubb looked so much better this past week. I saw him make two defenders miss to get 2 yards and a 1st down.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Crow would be an all-pro RB if he could make a sudden cut without falling down.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Crow would be an all-pro RB if he could make a sudden cut without falling down.

Yeah, he'd consistently move way faster than his lower body and balance could accommodate.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
I think our RB group is clearly upgraded...and I like/d Crow.

I think Hyde is better then people in this forum give him credit for...Chubb is a natural good vision, good feet, can run with power

BUT even though I think the RB group has improved I don't think the running game as a whole will be better because of factors outside there control...namely the OL and the playcalling

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You have been conspicuous by your absence, ed...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Pray tell.....

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Crow Has Flown

Link Copied to Clipboard