Legend
V
Other than height, I see no Brees.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
I saw Baker last night. He is one of a kind.

This.

I think more than anything - the #1 thing that impressed me was he was cool, calm, collected and the leader on the field as soon as he stepped into the game. The game is not to big for him - he oozes leadership.

I hope he continues this success.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
See a lot of Romo in his pocket presence but when he lets the ball rip it's Brett Favre no doubt.
Nobody usually comes close to spinning that ball with that velocity in those tight windows quite like Brett. Baker is the first I have seen that does though.
Amazing feel for visualizing the window and then sticking it there with some serious spin on the ball.
Footwork is gonna come with time and coaching.
Was he where you want him as a rookie in his first game? No it wasn't but the intagibles of inticipating passing lanes and leadership and calmness when you should be looking like a deer in the headlights is undeniable and very KEY because that is uncoachable.
Yes Vers...what we have here is undeniable hope.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
Legend
Legend
They say the good ones make others better around them. This team played harder for him.

I hope that Hue doesn't get all stuck on this mystery starter crap. Just name him. Taylor had us going nowhere. Darnold would name BM starter I bet. I suspect Crowell too.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Legend
Legend
C
If Taylor doesn't get hurt, does Mayfield play?

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
If Taylor doesn't get hurt, does Mayfield play?

I will go out in a limb and say if TT continued down the same path of play and we took it pretty solid on the chin like I suspected we was that we would just might hear rumblings of a change.
Just might would have happen too.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
D
Legend
Legend
D
I can’t figure out for the life of me WHY that matters ... rolleyes

End of the day ... none of us know if halftime would have been the end of TT on that night ... and now if anyone from the browns org says it would have been its a lowclass move ...

TT is a CLASS ACT that was just publicly humiliated by his own coach last year in buffalo more than once ... no need for us to do it for exactly no reason at all ...

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:
TT is a CLASS ACT that was just publicly humiliated by his own coach more than once

Did I miss something?

Humiliation of Taylor would've come from Jackson naming Mayfield the starter going forward during his POST GAME PRESSER. He DIDN'T.

He's handling this to RESPECT Tyrod.

WOOPS. CANCEL that. Didn't see you said BUFFALO. LOL.

Last edited by kwhip; 09/22/18 05:31 AM.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Your good ... my bad ...

I post and then proof read sometimes ... i left that part out the first time ... OBVIOUSLY it was a pretty big ommitance ... *L* ...

Hue handled it PERFECTLY ... GREAT JOB HUE ..

Legend
Legend
Baker impressed me.. My biggest observations

1 - We always talk about the difference between college QBs having success vs. NFL QB's having success, and thats in the ability to read the field and put the ball in tight windows BEFORE WR's get wide open. That takes skill, knowing your playbook, and more importantly, having confidence that you can make the throw.

2 - Hand in hand with that is TRUSTING your WR's to be where they are supposed to be, and trust that they will win their 1 on 1. The fact that Baker had that trust without even practicing with the 1's... Darn! Thats the pure definition of a QB making his WR's better. Landry, Callaway, and Higgins were all eating!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I've heard other people talk about the "look at the tape" comment, either because they don't have anything else to talk about, or they actually they it means something. Its a professional way of not disparaging Tyrod in front of everyone. Its nice and its classy.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
I've heard other people talk about the "look at the tape" comment, either because they don't have anything else to talk about, or they actually they it means something. Its a professional way of not disparaging Tyrod in front of everyone. Its nice and its classy.

I agree. But in THIS instance, Hue saying he needs to "look at the tape" implies that he didn't see what we saw. I said IMPLIES there. Everyone on the planet saw the same thing.

I would have preferred he used a different cliche' or turned the thought to just enjoying the win for a couple days off etc etc and we get back to work Monday.

In the end, it WAS a class move to NOT dump on TT and that is important.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
"Cautious Gambler"

I don't really know who to compare him against but the kid has impressed me since his appearance on The Herd and Undisputed. He's a Gamer. And he's competitive. I've never seen this type of competitiveness from any of the 30 QBs we've had. Dude just... gets it.

And the way he talked on those shows are exactly the way he plays. He's not overconfident in his ability to deliver, he knows his abilities well.

Those windows he's throwing into are not him trying to force something that isn't there. It's knowing what he can get away with and putting it in places that make it difficult for defenders to defend against as well.

He's bound to get picked. But I don't think it's going to phase him. He's looking at footage and seeing what he can pull off as well. And he'll be smart enough to adjust to it as well.

Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
great article ... seems like Baker's changed Brooks' mind

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

I agree. But in THIS instance, Hue saying he needs to "look at the tape" implies that he didn't see what we saw. I said IMPLIES there. Everyone on the planet saw the same thing.

I would have preferred he used a different cliche' or turned the thought to just enjoying the win for a couple days off etc etc and we get back to work Monday.

In the end, it WAS a class move to NOT dump on TT and that is important.

I'm just hoping that it is Hue being smart and trying to milk whatever advantage he can by the Raiders having to game plan for both QBs, its the only game for this to be possible so he's being smart and trying to get hey, maybe 30% of their game plan to be for TT although it might be a moot point cause of the concussion Protocol will have him out of the game.

There is a little part in me deep down saying, No say it aint So Hue...you can't be thinking of going back to TT confused

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Hue Jackson said on a conference call that he will wait until Monday to announce who starts at quarterback for the Browns in Oakland. Jackson gave the players the weekend off and won't see the players until Monday morning. Jackson did say this: "You guys all feel good about where things are headed."

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41033596-4

Taylor’s hurt, Mayfield is not ready. Go with Stanton.

Wasn't this an actually questioned posed to Hue early on in Training camp and it was shocking that it wasn't a slam dunk decision then...lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
If you guys want some enjoyable reading ...
Baker Mayfield Draft thread

grin
]

every qb Eotab liked never panned out
Weeded etc.
no different here

For those ignorant posters - Mayfield I was pimping him actually a year prior to the draft - pm's with Diam.

2nd off you clueless ones...I never promoted or liked these draft QBs Weeden etc. I just like always stated POSITIVE THINGS about ALL OUR DRAFTED PLAYERS...show me one ONE POST pre draft promoted Weeden... Liars and Ignorant is no way to go through life.. yeah I take it personal when people lie about my calls. Actually every QB I got high on pre draft was good.

Vers will tell you about me and Aaron Rogers. A guy I pimped PRE DRAFT... After the draft I was always positive on every player we drafted. Even Trent, during the pre draft threads I was dead set against drafting him even to the point of wanting us to take a WR rather than Trent. But once we took him, he was a Brown and I promoted him.

So not only do you all -ratsanplan and Ithingamajig look pretty stupid but you don't even know what you are talking about regarding my posting. If you actually read me you would know how correct I am...I'm also consistent. ANYONE who becomes a Brown is positive I've been that way, The first draft on this board 2001 I was critical and then I said that was too easy from here on in I will look to see why we made the decisions we did and go along with it.

How's them apples! saywhat crazy rolleyes

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

M
Legend
Legend
M

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Agreed. I was critical of how Hue handled the QBs the past two years, but he handled this with class and was really perfect.

Everyone knows who’s starting from here on out, but Hue wanted to be a man and tell Taylor face to face and not let him here it on Twitter. Good job Hie.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
D
Legend
Legend
D
True ... tabber was pimping Bake to me before last season started ...

And i actually work on the Isle of Optimism for tabber ... tabbers been there since the return keeping the place up ... i just showed up this August ... *LOL* ...

He has always pointed out the “strengths” of who we drafted ... never mentioning the negatives ....

He knows his QB’s ...

And who GIVES A CRAP who said what ... we’ve all been wrong before ...

I wanted Darnold ... felt good about the Baker pick cause of tabber and the fact he was accurate and football smart .. he had questions i needed answered cause of where he came from and some of the things he wasn’t asked to do ... tabber felt good about it ... he knows more than me when it comes to QB’s ... so i felt better about it based off that and what i saw .... now were gonna find out the answers to those questions ... first quiz was a 100 as far as i’m concerned ... and to me ... THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!

NOW ... all WE ALL WANT is for Bake to be GREAT ... if not GREAT ... VERY GOOD ... i dont really want anything below that .... *L* ...

The kid has a chance .. and if he pans out and plays like he did last night ... i personally will be more than happy to run all over this place and

KISS TABBERS AND DEVICES ASS for as long as that play continues ...

LETS GOOOOOOOoooooooooo ....

Bouncing ball dawgs ... ITS FINALLY A GOOD TIME TO BE US ... thumbsup

E
Legend
Legend
E
Wow...I didn't get to post in that thread...lol laugh

Man how many stupid posters do we have. At least the smart ones said things like they were willing to have an open mind about it...but it sort of was a litmus paper test for dummy or not dummy...lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: eotab
Wow...I didn't get to post in that thread...lol laugh

Man how many stupid posters do we have. At least the smart ones said things like they were willing to have an open mind about it...but it sort of was a litmus paper test for dummy or not dummy...lol laugh

Hey ... heres sumptin else thats turned in a big way bro ... and this one is TRULY A SHOCKER ... i always knew I’d eventually end up on the Isle with U ... NEVER SAW THIS ONE COMING ...

My bedside manner is WAY BETTER THAN YOURS NOW ...

Who’d a ever thunk that day would EVER COME ... but sadly its true ...

Just saying bro ... thumbsup

E
Legend
Legend
E
You don't have to ever kiss my ass...please no...lol laugh

Thanks, Accuracy is so so important in the NFL. Short, the kid has always been his height, he aint short to himself and it actually makes him better cause in the NFL its more about passing lanes then height. He knows how to deal with them.

System, he's smart and he hit the difficult windows at OU it just was a situation where there were wide open guys all the time.

He went through progression more so that most QBs I've seen regardless of system.

Short vs. Small, he ain't small, he can take a hit like no other - he got pummelled a lot in college and he would have plays that I thought he never would come back and then he would pop up and be right out there.

Immature? Ummm guess what when you get older and your environment changes from COLLEGE LIFE to Professional...you mature pretty quickly!

Cocky? It about freaking time we got cocky! Welcome to winning football.

Arm strength, his arm strength is well above average one of the strongest arms around.

Again I can't stress the fact that he did what he did Thursday with a rather strong WIND, He did it not by making things happen and playing school yard ball. But by executing PLAY after Play with precision and accuracy.

The kicker...the different look had nothing with a Pwang moment or players premeditated playing better for BM. Point blank from the first throw he changed the entire feeling and belief everyone had. He upped everyones game. Most important he upped Haley's game. Cause guess what we did, not a bomb but a 17 yard pass zip, complete...We now started stretching that field. This creates space. This makes it so so much easier for the OC to call plays and have them executed as we make space for the playmakers to do their thing.

Will it be this good in the future. I'm sure there will be better days and worse. But these things that he does, create space improve everyones game it will happen. One thing we can be assured of - THE KID IS GOING TO GET BETTER AND BETTER!

It has Begun!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

M
Legend
Legend
M

grin

Lol, wow.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Joe Thomas #73
O
Legend
Legend
O
I know I took some flack for saying he was the best QB in this draft. Last year I liked Darnold, but when reviewing QBs I thought Baker was by far the best.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Rasta......whereeeee are yooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

LOL That was just who I was thinking about..Rasta,, Come out and play man... We're waiting for you to dis Mayfield some more.. Tell us again how bad he is

We do have to remember, it's only one game and now other teams have film on him (not that I think it's gonna matter)

This could have been a fluke,but I highly doubt it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's funny when you have your once in a decade, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut" moment, suddenly everyone who has disagreed with you is "ignorant and clueless". Yet any time someone simply disagrees with you is attacking you and trying to make you look bad. You can't make this BS up!

Enjoy your moment in the sun. The sun will set soon and your Alaskan night will begin once more. lmao

In summary, act like what you expect from others.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

grin

Lol, wow.

Glad I approved. lol.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree.

I am no big Hue Jackson fan, but you don't ask the coach minutes after the game a question like that. It was a stupid question.

Hue made the proper response.

It's only a issue if he doesn't make the proper decision.

My only issue is why we didn't work Baker some with the "ones" earlier? If it is pretty clear he is the better qb 2.5 games in, maybe he was the better QB a few games ago.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I have a feeling that Baker is going to get a lot of reps with the "ones" this week.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Dude ... its not even a question ...

Hue can’t make the wrong decision cause there is NO DECISION to be made ...

It was made Thursday night at the game u attended ... right there on the field in front of U ... did u miss it ... wink ...

I don’t understand .. THERE IS NO QUESTION ....

EVERYONE knows who are starter is .... EVERYONE ....

Unless u can find a way to put the toothpaste back in the tube .... the cats out of the bag ...

The fact that some think there is an actual decision to be made is incredible to me ...

There will be NO QB CONTROVERSY .... its OVER ...

All that left is fo us to wish Bake

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

9/20/2018 is the night the browns became Bake’s team ...

thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Tab. I know you liked Manziel.

Because I went after you and despised Manziel during the draft process.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Dude ... its not even a question ...

Hue can’t make the wrong decision cause there is NO DECISION to be made ...

It was made Thursday night at the game u attended ... right there on the field in front of U ... did u miss it ... wink ...

I don’t understand .. THERE IS NO QUESTION ....

EVERYONE knows who are starter is .... EVERYONE ....

Unless u can find a way to put the toothpaste back in the tube .... the cats out of the bag ...

The fact that some think there is an actual decision to be made is incredible to me ...

There will be NO QB CONTROVERSY .... its OVER ...

All that left is fo us to wish Bake

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

9/20/2018 is the night the browns became Bake’s team ...

thumbsup

I agree, but until it is called, it is up in the air, but it looks to be a no brainer.

That said, I agree that 30 minutes after the game isn't the time to address the issue..

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
If Jackson names Taylor the Starter, Dee might just make a Bee-Line to his office and Fire him herself.

The City of Cleveland will break out in RIOTS.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Hue Jackson said on a conference call that he will wait until Monday to announce who starts at quarterback for the Browns in Oakland. Jackson gave the players the weekend off and won't see the players until Monday morning. Jackson did say this: "You guys all feel good about where things are headed."

Is this Serious?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

grin

Lol, wow.

Glad I approved. lol.

Me too!!! thumbsup

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BTW- Rasta was posting almost every day until game time Thursday. Almost Always negative. Browns win and he is MIA.....anyone check to see if ImpactPlayer is ghosting again!? Lol, j/k.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: kwhip

Is this Serious?

Sarcasm is such an underrated talent these days. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: kwhip
If Jackson names Taylor the Starter, Dee might just make a Bee-Line to his office and Fire him herself.

The City of Cleveland will break out in RIOTS.

Yep. That game ball will be returned with more spin and velocity than Baker puts on it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Jets 17 Mayfield Era Begins!

Link Copied to Clipboard