Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The worst and most incompetent officials of all time.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
His elbow was allegedly down before this picture.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Because they had money on the Raiders.

I usually don't think this way, but there were so many blatantly bad calls/no calls in this game, that is was just amazing.

I don't think officials could try to be that bad.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Daryl Ruiter Retweeted

Cleveland Police
‏
Verified account

@CLEpolice
36m36 minutes ago
More
Robbery warrant issued for tonight’s @Browns game @NFL “officials”.

Ok. We can’t do that. Just sayin’.
104 replies 3,484 retweets 5,932 likes
Reply 104 Retweet 3.5K Like 5.9K Direct message

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
IMO, that's awfull hard to overturn, especially given the angle.

If the call on the field was short you can guarantee they wouldn't overturn it the other way

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Lets see the picture. I saw the replays and didn't see it, and i am very objective when watching those things. I don't see what I want to see or block out what I don't.

I saw the post above, the ball isn't placed where his elbow went down. It's placed where the ball was when the elbow went down.

Bad call.

Either way, after the bad call, inches to go, we should have gone for it.

Timid coaching.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 09/30/18 09:01 PM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

I don't agree with the call, but my guess is that they said his elbow is down before the ball got to the first down line. The dumb thing is that the call on the field was a first down, there didn't seem to be enough evidence to overturn.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Timid coaching.

IMO, Hue made the right call. If was at mid-field, perhaps he may have chosen differently...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't know if you watched, or what game you watched today!

But that comment of " play better" doesn't fit today.

The Browns played better and when up 8, crunch time, make the others use all 3 time outs and get the ball back and run for the first down, and win the game.

Doesn't sit well considering Myles Garrets and his buddies performance today.
Doesn't sit well considering Calloways pass catch to the one again.
Dosen't sit well considering the two carries for full field touchdowns by Nick Chubb today.

The NFL took the game away from the Browns today,
Everyone in the Browns locker room should be celebrating their 2nd victory of the year, 2 in a row, and all that goes with it.

But they are not, because the NFL messed up today.

D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
The spot was a good spot ...

Walt Anderson is in trouble for the fumble BS ... that ones on him ... and he’s gonna get dinged big time for it ...

Not that we care ...

That was HORSEHOCKEY ...

He’s gonna claim safety ... but he couldnt see squat and ASSumed he was in the grasp cause of how everything collapsed around Carr ...

The first day of official training right after u learn how to blow your whistle your taught to NEVER BLOW IT W/O your eyes on the ball and knowing what happenend ... unless he has Superman’s vision no way could he see what was going on ... everything just engulfed Carr ..

He’s in trouble ... as he should be ...

I could care less about that ... that sucked ... thumbsdown

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Except (opps) that photo does not show his elbow on the ground.

To overturn a decision you need concrete 100% "proof" - and there is none to overturn the 1st down. . . . the picture might show the runner touching the ground with his butt and elbow and all .... or it might show him suspended in the air before his elbow touches the ground.

Both calls were bad. The helmet grab on Mayfield was also obvious but missed - real time obvious not slow down and enlarged obvious.

The Browns were 100% good enough to win.

They weren't good enough to win and have 7 points taken away from them AND have 1st downs taken away in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Atrocious refereeing and it's just too bad someone doesn't get demoted or lose their job over it. If I was this bad at my job I would be fired, period.

Last edited by mgh888; 09/30/18 09:18 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Post challenge measurementt:

B
Legend
Legend
B
It's a good thing I am not a head coach. I'd lead the history of the league in fines. I'd probably even get suspended.

I suspect that tomorrow we will get some lame excuse or non meaningful apology from the league about missed calls.

Whooptie-friggen-doo. How about giving us the win? That would be meaningful.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

Cleveland Police
‏Verified account @CLEpolice
1h1 hour ago

Robbery warrant issued for tonight’s @Browns game @NFL “officials”.

Ok. We can’t do that. Just sayin’.
143 replies 4,489 retweets 8,399 likes

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Timid coaching.

IMO, Hue made the right call. If was at mid-field, perhaps he may have chosen differently...

Perhaps. Sometimes you have to try to win the game.

I can promise you, had we gone for it and not made it, I wouldn't be on Hue at all. Seriously. I would be supporting his decision.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
IMO the refs don't coincidentally get BAD right then.

They were bad the whole game. Myles Garrett was getting held basically every play.
Were they as bad the other way though? I don't know, ust asking

No clue. I just know that every fanbase complains about the refs every game. Everyone hates the refs. If the team plays better, we win. It's that simple.
Diagree, the defense played bad, but the game was literally won. We were on hte field, with baker taking a knee, bro - only for them to say....nah, not yet. The def played bad, but they played good enough to win, because we won that damn game.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

They were bad the whole game. Myles Garrett was getting held basically every play.

No clue. I just know that every fanbase complains about the refs every game. Everyone hates the refs. If the team plays better, we win. It's that simple.
Diagree, the defense played bad, but the game was literally won. We were on hte field, with baker taking a knee, bro - only for them to say....nah, not yet. The def played bad, but they played good enough to win, because we won that damn game.

The call should not have been overturned. Stop the Jordy Nelson play on the two point (and many other plays) and we win.

M
Legend
Legend
M

The call should not have been overturned. Stop the Jordy Nelson play on the two point (and many other plays) and we win.

Look - I get that there is often belly aching from losing teams and fans blame bad bounces and bad officiating instead of looking at the team ... most bad calls and bad bounces even out over time.

But this is different - there were two totally blown calls that directly lost the game for the Browns late in the game.

Lynch shouldn't have been called down/tackled - and that *may* have been a TD or a long run. That sort of evens out one of the calls - but it's different when a bad call happens early in a tight game and you have the whole game to readjust.

Simply saying "just stop Nelson on the 2 pointer" entirely glasses over the issue. Why should the other team get extra possessions - why should they get to reverse turnovers late in the game when - if the play stands - the game is won.

Last edited by mgh888; 10/01/18 07:08 AM.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I understand cfr"s point. We had turnovers, dropped balls, and gave up too many gash plays.

Clean that up and crappy calls by the refs don't hurt as much.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
Lynch shouldn't have been called down/tackled - and that *may* have been a TD or a long run. That sort of evens out one of the calls - but it's different when a bad call happens early in a tight game and you have the whole game to readjust.

I think I know the Lynch play that you're referencing. Schobert had him locked up, the whistle was blown, he let him go. I think if the whistle doesn't get blown, Schobert doesn't let him go. Lynch is still tackled right there.

Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 10/01/18 07:21 AM.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't think Lynch gets tackled.

He might have not got away as cleanly - but he doesn't get tackled. Beast mode is still in affect even if it's at 85% of what it was and only for 60% of the game - but Lynch remains one of the toughest runners to bring down that I can think of in the last 20 years.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I don't think Lynch gets tackled.

He might have not got away as cleanly - but he doesn't get tackled. Beast mode is still in affect even if it's at 85% of what it was and only for 60% of the game - but Lynch remains one of the toughest runners to bring down that I can think of in the last 20 years.

Even though he wasn't down, he should have been flagged for kicking the ball

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Probably - but we're talking about refs blowing calls that impact the game.

If Lynch - who isn't tackled - doesn't get whistled as stopped, he rips off a big game or a TD and doesn't kick the ball. The fact he kicks the ball isn't relevant to the discussion imo

G
Rookie
Rookie
G
j/c

I'm pretty sure the Raiders scored a TD on the same drive that Lynch's run was whistled dead. When I saw it I said bad call, but I don't think it changed the outcome since they got a TD anyway. The two calls against the Browns led to change of possession. Big difference.

Kizer rhymes with Kosar.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Link

NFL media reacts to officiating error in Browns loss

ByJOSH EDWARDS 12 hours ago

The Cleveland Brown dropped a 45-42 decision to the Oakland Raiders Sunday night.

The game went to overtime thanks to several improperly enforced calls from Walt Anderson's officiating crew. Browns running back Carlos Hyde appeared to get enough for a first down to seal a win over the Oakland Raiders Sunday night. On the bad spot, the crew ruled first down. Then, they reviewed the spot, changed it and declared that Cleveland was short of the line to gain.

During the fourth quarter, the Browns appeared to have forced a fumble on quarterback Derek Carr. Defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi was prepared to pick up the ball and return it for a touchdown. Instead, the refs blew the play dead allegedly to protect the quarterback. It was a critical error from the officiating crew.

The regular season is in full swing. Sign up for insider access only at Cleveland Browns on 247Sports today and take advantage of our FREE trial!

There were other critical errors in the game as well.

ESPN'S RACHEL NICHOLS

Browns fans were not happy about the events led to a 45-42 overtime tie with the Oakland Raiders. Social media was even more confused by what they had witnessed. It was one of the most horribly officiated games of the NFL season.

SPORTSILLUSTRATED'S JIMMY TRAINA

The FBI has enough on their hands right now but the points remains the same. The NFL's officiating crew put forth an embarrassing display in Sunday's games. Outcomes should not be determined by those not actually playing or coaching the game.

NFL NETWORK'S RICH EISEN

Cleveland Browns running back Carlos Hyde appeared to get enough for a first down to seal a win over the Oakland Raiders Sunday night. On the bad spot, the crew ruled first down. Then, they reviewed the spot, changed it and declared that Cleveland was short of the line to gain.

THE MATH DOES NOT ADD UP

Cleveland Browns running back Carlos Hyde appeared to get enough for a first down to seal a win over the Oakland Raiders Sunday night. On the bad spot, the crew ruled first down. Then, they reviewed the spot, changed it and declared that Cleveland was short of the line to gain.

LOCAL COMEDIAN MIKE POLK JR.

Cleveland went to overtime for the second time this season. They had their opportunities to clinch the game but they should have won even without those opportunities. The refs took away some of the plays that would have sealed the game.

ESPN'S KIRK HERBSTREIT

During the fourth quarter of Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders, the Browns appeared to have forced a fumble on quarterback Derek Carr. Defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi was prepared to pick up the ball and return it for a touchdown. Instead, the refs blew the play dead allegedly to protect the quarterback. It was a critical error from Walt Coleman's officiating crew.

EVEN A STEELERS FAN ADMITS IT

The Browns and Steelers are rivals on the football field and in the stands. Despite the bias against Cleveland, they were baffled by the calls on the field. The two teams tied to open the NFL season. They will meet again later this season.

THIS WAS RULED NOT ENOUGH FOR A FIRST DOWN

FORMER NFL DB BRANDON FLOWERS

FORMER NFL P REGGIE HODGES

Browns fans were not happy about the events led to a 45-42 overtime tie with the Oakland Raiders. There was an overturned first down run that did not look close, a fumble that was blown dead too soon, a missed block in the back on a long punt return and much more. It was one of the most horribly officiated games of the NFL season.

FS1'S SKIP BAYLESS

Browns fans were not happy about the events led to a 45-42 overtime tie with the Oakland Raiders. There was an overturned first down run that did not look close, a fumble that was blown dead too soon, a missed block in the back on a long punt return and much more. It was one of the most horribly officiated games of the NFL season.

Start the Conversation
247Sports
NFL reacts to odd no call on Raiders fumble
Hue Jackson explains why Browns lost vs. Raiders

Browns at Raiders Week 4 Inactive List
Seth DeValve could have big impact on Mayfield, Browns offense
VIP
CB Terrance Mitchell suffered fractured forearm
NFL reacts to odd no call on Raiders fumble

By JOSH EDWARDS18 hrs
During the fourth quarter of Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders, the Browns appeared to have forced a fumble on quarterback Derek Carr. Defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi was prepared to pick up the ball and return it for a touchdown. Instead, the refs blew the play dead allegedly to protect the quarterback. It was a critical error from Walt Coleman's officiating crew.

It was not the first time that the crew had been a bit whistle happy Sunday. Earlier in the game, Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch was involved a play where it was blown dead too soon. Lynch has a reputation of refusing to go down on first contact. NFL officials have the ability to blow a play dead if forward progress has stopped. The rule's purpose is to preserve the health of players and conserve the fan's time. It was improperly ruled in Sunday's game, however. Lynch carried the ball towards the left sideline and was in the process of escaping a tackle when it was inexplicably blown dead.

Lynch responded about as well as anyone could imagine. He went ballistic.

Join the largest Cleveland Browns fan community on Facebook. Click here and like our page today!

SLIDE
1 of 10
ESPN PERSONALITY KIRK HERBSTREIT

SLIDE
2 of 10
WHERE'S THE CALL?

The Browns had a two touchdown lead over the Raiders but it quickly disappeared with Cleveland's own mistakes. The referees decided to compound the issue with one of the worst calls in the NFL this season.

SLIDE
3 of 10
NFL MEDIA PERSONALITY REACTS

The NFL has made it a point to protect the quarterback this season. Players around the league are confused about what they can and can not do to the quarterback. The rules went way too far on this lack of a call against the Raiders.

SLIDE
4 of 10
ANOTHER BLOWN CALL BY THE REFS

The Browns defense entered the day leading the league with a +9 turnover differential this season. They have recorded five interceptions and six fumble recoveries while only throwing two interceptions. It is a big improvement over where the team was a year ago when they finished dead last in the NFL with a -28 turnover differential. The Baltimore Ravens led the league at +17 last season.

SLIDE
5 of 10
DEREK CARR DEFINITELY FUMBLED

The Browns and Raiders have met in the regular season 22 times over the years. The Raiders hold a 12-10 advantage in the series all-time. However, the Browns have won nine of the last 13 games. In 2015, Cleveland lost to Oakland at home, 20-27. The most recent meeting in California was in 2012 when the Browns won 20-17. Cleveland actually has a better record against the Raiders on the road rather than at home.

SLIDE
6 of 10
ANOTHER TAKE ON THE FUMBLE

Sponsored by Travelfuntu
This Photo Has Not Been Edited, Look Closer

SLIDE
7 of 10
ANOTHER LOOK AT THE FUMBLE

SLIDE
8 of 10
MORE REACTION

SLIDE
9 of 10
WHAT WERE THE REFS LOOKING AT ON THIS PLAY?

SLIDE
10 of 10
IRATE IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
If the refs were a professional football team, they'd be the Browns because they'd suck.

Legend
Legend
I hate that we are always stuck with these narratives .. it's like we can't just have success or a normal outcome

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Jordy wouldn't have been on the field if the call was reversed dingle

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Absolutely inexcusable.

Legend
Legend
Thanks, Kirk! Probably be fined for it, but we really got hosed out of a game. Zebras win.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
If the refs were a professional football team, they'd be the Browns because they'd suck.

We don’t suck bro ... we lost ... that don’t mean we suck ...

Were not quite capable yet of overcoming this combination YET ...

- our youth ... were very young ... Callaway killed us yesterday ... he’s fast and can make some lays and thats why he’s out there ... but he’s young and it shows ... when’s the last time he even played in a game? .. he missed a lot of reps in college ...

Bakes fumble under center ... a mis-communication with bakes youth playing a role ... who knows ...

- dropped passes ... Callaway again needs to be mentioned ... his hands are suspect ... Njoku can’t catch a cold at this point .. like with the FG kicker its in his head now ... this could last the season and possibly his career ... even VICE GRIPS ... and Higgins ...

- unforced turnovers .... can’t blame Callaway for slipping .. bad timing but thats not his fault ... Bake/Trettier mis communication .... those were KILLERS and were freebies ...

- the refs .... I ALWAYS ALWAYS have the refs backs ... ALWAYS ... Walt Anderson had a bad day .. a really bad day ... he’s the one that blew the Carr fumble return for a td or a really really short field ... he whistled that one dead ... thats a FACT ...

He RUSHED ... 100% gaurantee it ... he had the umpire on the other side of the play with a GREAT VIEW cause of his angle ... Walt blew his whistle on something he couldn’t see ... HORRIBLE HORRIBLE OFFICIATING ... unacceptable ...

Walt Anderson is a good and decent guy ... he’d apologize but no way the nfl lets him ....

And i’m Not defending him ... him and his crew cost us this game ...

We OVERCAME our youth, the unforced turnovers and once again HORRIBLE SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY .... we shouldn’t have to overcome the refs and yesterday they were the difference ...

And it was his crew that blew the Lynch call ...

It was not his crew that blew the spot ... that was on NY ...

Despite the fact we shot off 9 of our toes ... we should have won despite playing on one toe ... but the refs took it away ...

THIS TEAM DIDN’T DESERVE THAT AND NEITHER DID WE ...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 42 Raiders 45 Whywas that not a fumble?

Link Copied to Clipboard