Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,449
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,449
Quote:


The fans hate them.
The media hates them.
The coaches make fun of them by flipping coins.





Well, at least you're not exaggerrating what the situation really is


Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
Rookie
Offline
Rookie
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
I'm really hoping that by the end of the week DA is cut and we can establish our regular season depth chart and just put this whole QB derby to bed...probably wishful thinking though

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 373
M
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
M
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 373
Quote:

and just put this whole QB derby to bed...probably wishful thinking though



It's just getting started. After we lose the opener, all you'll hear on the tv/radio will be about it's time for Quinn, there is nothing to lose. (except 15 more games).

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,563
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,563
Quote:

Quote:

and just put this whole QB derby to bed...probably wishful thinking though



It's just getting started. After we lose the opener, all you'll hear on the tv/radio will be about it's time for Quinn, there is nothing to lose. (except 15 more games).




What happens if we win the opener... oh that's right... you're predicting we lose every game this year...


<><

#gmstrong
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 553
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 553
Quote:

Quote:

and just put this whole QB derby to bed...probably wishful thinking though



It's just getting started. After we lose the opener, all you'll hear on the tv/radio will be about it's time for Quinn, there is nothing to lose. (except 15 more games).




im sure i should have consulted lemhi county
about a keyboard breathalyzer interlock device,
but ill just say this anyways.

WE ARE NOT GONNA LOSE TO THE STEELERS!!!!!!!
and you can quote me on that.

no bash on you mensa, i like your posts most of the time.

on topic, i think its bad for a coach to be indecisive on any issue,
even if he's doing it to subverse the oppositions scouting. (not that
is here, he's done this before though.)

a leader needs to make executive decisions and make them well.
failing to make these decisions indicates a lack of confidence. imho.

also, be sad for idaho, its all on fire.





carry on.

Last edited by Referee6; 08/27/07 08:13 AM.

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,160
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,160
Can any of the Dorsey pimps explain why he didn't sniff the field last night? Dorsey will be lucky to survive Tuesday's cut.
Dorsey is what he is..no skills but a brain to compensate..he's a tutor to BQ..when you see BQ sitting , who's next to him?
Dorsey...and he don't need to play..he'll be the third stringer..
It's Anderson who may be the roster cut.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,717
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,717
I wouldn't say the guy has no skills.....but I agree with you.

Doresy isn't going anywhere and will probably me a member of the team longer than Anderson or Frye.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,833
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,833
I got a big plate of crow for all you Dorsey pimps

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
Quote:

I got a big plate of crow for all you Dorsey pimps




I'll cook,you serve!



Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,717
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,717
Quote:

I got a big plate of crow for all you Dorsey pimps





Big deal dude....because the team was wrong doesn't mean I was.

Ask me where you can stuff that crow.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
Quote:

Big deal dude....because the team was wrong doesn't mean I was.




If I were you,I'd send the Browns you resume'.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 874
V
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
V
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 874
Quote:

because the team was wrong doesn't mean I was.



Many times, there's nothing wrong with a statement like that.

I, however, never felt that Dorsey would be on the team for the start of the season. Roster spots need to be able to play, not just mentor.
Therefore, that means I wasn't wrong.
Both sides of this coin cannot be right?

Bottom line here is, some of us felt that Dorsey would not get a roster spot nor would he deserve one as a mentor.
Some of us felt he would get a spot partly because of his mentoring the new kid.


[Linked Image from members.cox.net] AL 29 76 14 R_K
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 242
C
1st String
Offline
1st String
C
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 242
Can anyone honestly say that, had Dorsey not been cut, if for some reason he had to take the field in an emergency, you would have any confidence in him whatsoever? I'm not saying I'd do cartwheels to see DA come in as a third stringer, but I'd much rather have him than noodle arm Ken in there. You have to consider more than "mentoring" ability sometimes. Not only that, but the entire notion of keeping Dorsey as a "mentor" had practically no basis whatsoever. I had yet to see any signs that DA would be cut in favor of Dorsey other than this article which is pure speculation, yet somehow on this board most would have you believe that it was CERTAIN to happen and eventually it was blown out of proportion into what we see here.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 104
W
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
W
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 104
Quote:

Can anyone honestly say that, had Dorsey not been cut, if for some reason he had to take the field in an emergency, you would have any confidence in him whatsoever? I'm not saying I'd do cartwheels to see DA come in as a third stringer, but I'd much rather have him than noodle arm Ken in there. You have to consider more than "mentoring" ability sometimes. Not only that, but the entire notion of keeping Dorsey as a "mentor" had practically no basis whatsoever. I had yet to see any signs that DA would be cut in favor of Dorsey other than this article which is pure speculation, yet somehow on this board most would have you believe that it was CERTAIN to happen and eventually it was blown out of proportion into what we see here.




Co sign

We made the right move


[color:"yellow"]"If I could do anything different, I wouldn't have went and gotten nothing to eat then. There wasn't even no girls in there," - Pacman Jones[/color]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,061
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,061
We might have made the right move .... or we might not have. Let's hope we never have to get down to a 3rd string situation and find out.

I did have to rework the title though ......


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,833
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,833
Quote:

Quote:

I got a big plate of crow for all you Dorsey pimps





Big deal dude....because the team was wrong doesn't mean I was.

Ask me where you can stuff that crow.




Where can I stuff that crow?

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,717
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,717



It doesn't matter...as YTBF said....it doesn't really matter if we get down to that level .

And it may be to the point with Quinn he doesn't need the things Dorsey offered. His learning curve may have surpassed Dorsey.

After thinking about it, this is a good sign....because from a playing standpoint, I never argued that Dorsey brought more to the table than Chuck or Derrick..

Also, in Savages interview, it still sounds like the team is hopeful one of the others brings some trade value somewhere down the road and the window isn't entirely closed on bringing Dorsey back.

One of Phils comments stuck..he had a irritated tone, but one that also and hints of hope...or plan....when he said he didn't know where the Browns would be drafting next year, when questioned by one of the reporters about the chances of addressing the D line..


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,718
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,718
Quote:

Quote:

because the team was wrong doesn't mean I was.



Many times, there's nothing wrong with a statement like that.

I, however, never felt that Dorsey would be on the team for the start of the season. Roster spots need to be able to play, not just mentor.
Therefore, that means I wasn't wrong.
Both sides of this coin cannot be right?

Bottom line here is, some of us felt that Dorsey would not get a roster spot nor would he deserve one as a mentor.
Some of us felt he would get a spot partly because of his mentoring the new kid.




The problem with the statement is that it passes itself off as a fact.....when it is but an opinion.

"The team was wrong, not I"

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,717
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,717
Quote:

Quote:

Big deal dude....because the team was wrong doesn't mean I was.




If I were you,I'd send the Browns you resume'.






I have thought about that.


Now that I am retired, I need something to kill some time.

I bet I could get a job tossing peanuts or something.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,833
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,833
Hopefully you can throw peanuts better than Dorsey can throw a football.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,103
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,103
Quote:

I got a big plate of crow for all you Dorsey pimps



I still stand by my man.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,719
Loretta,is that you?

Signed........................................................Conway


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 874
V
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
V
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 874
Quote:

"The team was wrong, not I"



There have been times when that statement holds true. Many times in the Butch Davis era. I'm not supporting Ballpeen's stance when and why he posted that...but there have been times that the team (braintrust) did things that we thought were wrong things to do.


[Linked Image from members.cox.net] AL 29 76 14 R_K
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,160
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,160
I got a big plate of crow for all you Dorsey pimps
I eat Pizza not uneatable fowls..

I ain't losing sleep over it..and Phil's reason's don't shock me...they luv Anderson's arm..but when he gets in his brain will hammer him into submission..

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Dorsey may have roster edge

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5