Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I hate having the clocks like it is now. Its dark when you get up, dark when you get home. Suicides during this time of the year go up, not only because of the holidays, but he lack of sunlight creates depression amount people.

Leave the clocks the way they were, give me the daylight later in the day.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
I hate having the clocks like it is now. Its dark when you get up, dark when you get home. Suicides during this time of the year go up, not only because of the holidays, but he lack of sunlight creates depression amount people.

I don't care which they choose, just choose one and go with it.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Haus Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

This would be an acceptable compromise, but it really should be standard time IMO. One of the ideas behind our time system is for noon to be when the sun in highest in the sky, which is out of sync when daylight saving time is in effect.

There are times in the summer in NE Ohio that solar noon can be as late as 1:40pm or so.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Haus
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

This would be an acceptable compromise, but it really should be standard time IMO. One of the ideas behind our time system is for noon to be when the sun in highest in the sky, which is out of sync when daylight saving time is in effect.

There are times in the summer in NE Ohio that solar noon can be as late as 1:40pm or so.

You guys see the sun all the way up in Ohio? wink

I don't care which route they go, but dang, it does suck going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. Gotta be worse for you guys.
My wife was amazed the year we went skiing in Maine, and it was dark at 4:30pm.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
H
Haus Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Maine is a good bit north of Ohio.

Even on the shortest day of the year (Dec 21st) in northern Ohio, there are still over nine hours of daylight.

Legend
Legend
Suicides also go up in Cleveland on Sundays during daylight saving time

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
As it is now, I wake up at 3:00 AM.

That will shift over a few weeks, and that is good. I am ruled by the sun. I get tired when the sun goes down. Two hours later I am ready for bed.

8-8:30 is a good bedtime.....not 10-10:30 because no matter what, my internal clock gets me up early. I don't work anymore, but was at work by 5:30 AM every morning for over 30 years to get a little quiet time before the real day started,after a bowl of grits and a side of bacon at Waffle House at 4:45AM...

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Haus Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Pretty impressive.

I'm curious about your routine (if you have one).

You've mentioned taking long walks in the past. Is this something you do early in the morning? Do you still eat breakfast early?

At night, do you make it a point to turn off the computer and TV at a certain hour? Do you ever set an alarm clock or do you naturally wake up that early?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Daylight Saving Time

Link Copied to Clipboard