Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted By: Dave
I went to youtube looking for a Greg Pruitt run against the Chiefs in 1973. He went 65 yards for a touchdown in one of the last games I ever watched with my Dad. The game was Dec 2, 1973 and ended in a 20-20 tie. Dad was very ill and died a few months later, but I remember him watching Pruitt's run and smiling at me as I smiled back. Anyway, youtube doesn't appear to have a clip of that run, but I came across this NFL highlight film of the 1976 Browns' season. Its awesome. About 24 minutes long, if you have the time ...

I found a lot of Browns season highlights in YouTube, as early as maybe 1968 well into the early 1990s. I would bet you can find Pruitt's run against the Chiefs if you search for that year's season video.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Worst moments?

Getting screwed in a playoff game against the Oilers in 88. Inbounds, my ass. Twice.

The Move.

Northcutt's drop in Pitt

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why does the best have to be some ancient event?

My favorite moment as a Browns fan was the Jets game this year. I was there with my friend Josh. The game started of bad, complete with Crowell wiping his backside with the ball after his 2nd TD.

Then Baker Mayfield made his NFL debut and the energy in the stadium changed. By the end of the game, it was clear; 20 years of futility is over. We have our QB, we have a bright future. And the party continued well into the night. Nobody wanted to leave! The streets outside the stadium were alive with unbridled joy.

There has never been a better moment in my memory than that, right there, this year!

Edited to add: When they scored the 2 pt conversion on the pass from Landry to Mayfield, I turned to my friend and said, "This is a watershed moment. This is the moment we will look back on as when the Browns curse ended!"

Last edited by W84NxtYrAgain; 12/12/18 12:11 AM.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Why does the best have to be some ancient event?

Guess you didn't read the thread, or even the first post.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Best:

Worst:

Bottlegate

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Man, I loved that team. Great memories. Thanks.

Greg Pruitt and his tearaway jerseys - just like at OU.

Legend
Legend
another good memory: the hail mary against jacksonville with Quincy Morgan

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
And some don't like Collinsworth.

He's AWESOME.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yes. That season was magical. I remember an onside kick game vs Tennessee. I recall beating the ravens late in the game as well that season. I remember being at the falcons game and the pandemonium when Green made that run. Euphoria. I remember going to Hooters in the flats after that game because we still needed help. One of those was if the Jets beat Green Bay we'd be in and in improbable fashion the Jets destroyed the Packers. I believe that was the last time the Jets won the division. And one of the few times the patriots did not make the playoffs.

2007 was also magical. The Phil Dawson stanchion kick. The Cincinnati shootout in game 2. The home win come from behind vs Seattle that went into overtime while there was a Bruce Springsteen at the Q. I remember because I made my girlfriend walk from the stadium to the concert alone because I wasn't leaving the game.

A few weeks later I attended one of my most favorite games ever. The blizzard game. Browns win 8-0 and we had a tough time seeing the field from the 500 level. A 49 yd FG in that? Dawson was a hero.

We should have beaten Cincinnati again that year too but Anderson flat out sucked.

Ah...memories.

Legend
Legend
those two comebacks in Tennessee (one with couch one with hoyer) also are great memories

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
i love how sports connects fathers and sons like that
I am in the process of making a big decision about moving away from family. Ill tell you what, not being able to watch the game with my dad every week is one of the biggest things right now keeping me from making my decision.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
i love how sports connects fathers and sons like that
I am in the process of making a big decision about moving away from family. Ill tell you what, not being able to watch the game with my dad every week is one of the biggest things right now keeping me from making my decision.
i'd feel the same way

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Best & Worst Memories

Link Copied to Clipboard