Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Reason for optimism: The Browns are actually winning. 4 wins in 5 games. That's an excellent turnaround from where the team was at midseason.

Dorsey has added a lot of good players.

Say what you want about Gregg Williams, but that guy can coach.

Mayfield has been excellent. He's young, he's on the first year of a rookie deal, which will allow the Browns to surround him with more talent than they'd be able to do if he was one of the QBs pushing $30mil/year. He's a natural leader too, and makes other players better.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I would say most at this level can coach. But it's refreshing to have a coach who actually just coaches for a change. Let the GM do his job. Let the coaches do their job.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c -

I am a long time resident, and employee, of the isle. Once I jumped on the ship for the ride over ... zero second thoughts.

As I was watching the game last night, I thought about the particulars of how different it is this year.

This year, on 3rd and 10, 3rd and 12, I feel as though we have a legitimate shot at picking up the 1st, and not just by penalty. Last year? LOL. Third and four, and I knew one these things were going to happen:
- Incomplete pass, thrown two yards before the 1st down marker
- WR screen caught 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage, and not blockers, hoping the WR can get past 6 defenders
- false start, so 3rd and 9
- holding, so 3rd and 14
- and, of course, if it was in the red zone - interception

This team is restoring my trust, and faith. And that is not easy.

Last night, that was the kind of game we would lose before this year. The (IMO) stupid choice to not kick the FG and go up by 4. Before this year, that bites us in the brownies. This year, the D sacked up and did the job. Bailed us out of a bad decision, and not let the bad decision dictate the outcome of the game.

For those of you not yet here, come to the isle. Lord and mayor Diam will welcome you all. When you step off the ferry, come to the west shore of the isle. The Tiki bar is here 24-7 (or 31, for the fans of Two and a Half Men).

Last edited by CapCity Dawg; 12/16/18 11:23 AM.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
One of the most overlooked aspects of Baker being a good player and Baker being Baker is that I get the impression from player interviews and press conferences that practices are ultra competitive. I would argue even at this point Baker is a top half QB in the NFL. For the defense to practice against that everyday really prepares them for game day. Can you imagine a defense practicing against Cody Kessler all week? When the actual game comes around, they must of felt woefully underprepared. The Browns are actually winning games during the week.

In the spirit of the thread, this is a huge reason to be optimistic and is an ingredient that the team hasn't had in a long time. Apparently the O and D get after it in practice pretty aggressively with a ton of trash talk too. And Baker is right in the middle if it all.

I like to think of it as Baker, the Player.

Two things have to happen to continue the upward progression. One, got to get the head coach right. Two, the players cannot rest on their laurels. They will be the hunted instead of the hunter next year. How will they respond?

I would remind you that our defense doesn't practice against the ones for the most part, same for the offense. Taxis quad.

Since Williams has taken over there are multiple times in practice where the ones go against each other.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Thats all fine and dandy right up til someone gets hurt ... then ... GW will be dumber than Hue according to everyone that loves GW right now ... thumbsup

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Thats all fine and dandy right up til someone gets hurt ... then ... GW will be dumber than Hue according to everyone that loves GW right now ... thumbsup

Nobody can be dumber than Hue....

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Some grains of salt for our recent wins.

We have not beat a winning team since we fired hue.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: BpG

Cool.

I was under the impression we had to play the teams on our schedule.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, I don't remember the Steelers turning down home field in the playoffs last year because 2 of their wins came against us.

You have to play, and beat, the teams you play. Someone once said you have to beat the bad teams, ad split with the good ones.

We've gone from losing to everyone to beating mid to lower tier teams. That's a huge step forward, and I think the next huge step comes next year as we add still more talent to this team.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Originally Posted By: BpG

Cool.

I was under the impression we had to play the teams on our schedule.

LOl, yep.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
E
Legend
Legend
E
At the time we played them we the Panthers were considered a good team and in the playoff hunt.

We faced Denver who was 3-3 at home and fighting for their lives whose last Home game defeated the Steelers. I thought that was a good win for us as far as competition goes and I think that was what you were talking about.

So we lost to the Chiefs in the FIRST GAME of this staff.

And a close one with the Texans.

When we played the Bengals they were near or On top of the Division.

I think our competition has been pretty good. We have one more and thats away against the Ravens who are tough to beat at home. We will see.

So I got that umbrella for the rain on our Parade...lol laugh

Diam, this is a characteristic of a Baker led team. Remember even Hue who I don't think was in love with the pick as he led on but he kept on saying how he controlled the locker room with his presence - just by walking in the room.

This is a kid that makes his teammates love him and would go through brick walls for. He is very infectious and I think this staff has backed him in a way to let it happen faster. I want Continuity and finally we got something to be Continuity ABOUT!!!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
we could possibly win our division ...

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
we could possibly win our division ...

About a 2 days late there.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
CRANK IT CAP ... thumbsup ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Love ya, bro..........but you really need a DJ.

D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
U volunteering? ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yep............I have dozens of them. Check this one out:

Today was fun, bro. I truly enjoyed it except for lame-ass act. But, that is for another thread. Great victory by the Browns.

I say we keep both Williams and Kitchens. The team is playing better under them than they did under Hue and Haley.

Celebration............We gonna celebrate and have a good time. It's time to come together!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
CRANK IT CAP ... thumbsup ...

Hellz yeah! Opening the taps. Swept those turds. Ohio belongs to the Browns!!!

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW ...

I LOVE THIS TEAM ... thumbsup

V
Legend
Legend
V

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm on board!

Baker is going to do special things for us! He missed a throw that could have won the game yes. But he even mentioned it in his presser and was all broke up about it. A sign of a winner, nobody is perfect but he recognizes his mistakes and it's fairly doubtful he screws up again in a game changing situation like that again.

Keep GW and Kitchens, we're about to turn this thing around. I'm ready to start traveling to games again. Attended 3 this year for the first time since 2011. So I'm back baby!

D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Awesome choice ... very appropriate ... thumbsup

LETS GOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

Crank it Cap .. isles hopping like NEVER BEFORE after a LOSS ...

And DAWGS wanna and need to CELEBRATE

DJ jobs your next year if u want it Vers ... thumbsup

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo

Legend
Legend
the island will have a population boom until next September

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Love where we are now, the only thing that makes have a sour taste is why the hell DIDN'T WE FIRE HUE LAST YEAR.

I'm almost sure we would be in the playoffs now.

We have Dorsey here, so I'm extremely optimist. The guy that drafted Mahomes, Hunt, Baker, Chubb and Ward.

Last edited by rastanplan; 12/30/18 11:04 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I think high rises are being built. And soon it will look like Waikiki.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Crank it Cap .. isles hopping like NEVER BEFORE after a LOSS ...

It's been hopping, that's for sure.

Burned some referees in effigy, then used them to roast some bratwurst. Awesome time!

#gmstrong
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
THANKS FOR SPARING ME when u burned the refs .... appreciate it .... *LOL* ...

Thats why your the best .... thumbsup

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Love where we are now, the only thing that makes have a sour taste is why the hell DIDN'T WE FIRE HUE LAST YEAR.

I'm almost sure we would be in the playoffs now.

We have Dorsey here, so I'm extremely optimist. The guy that drafted Mahomes, Hunt, Baker, Chubb and Ward.

who hacked your account...where is rastanplan...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum OPTIMISM: Why its OFF THE CHARTS and this is DIFFERENT!!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard