Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I say make Lamar Jackson beat you by throwing the football. I just don't think he can do that.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Make no mistake, I am all Browns, all day, and I'm expecting us to win this game. But Jackson can throw the ball. He is not as far along as Baker in terms of command of a pro-style passing attack. At this point, he is behind Baker in understanding pre and post snap reads. And he has been coached to rely on his running ability to be a playmaker.

But he throws a very nice ball. The reads might be simple but the ball comes out effortlessly. He's got touch and accuracy. He throws from different platforms, also. In my opinion, where he struggles is passing from the pocket where he has to go through his progressions or figure out disguises. In these situations, he's likely to pull it down and run, not as mobile QB with his eyes downfield looking for a target but as a ball carrier.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Diam, I think, " Get a lead, make them throw " is a bad recipe.

I feel like this is the type of game where you don't want to show your cards early.

More like, show up, play tough, just feel them out and stay in the game for the full 3 quarters until crunch time comes.

Try and score last before the half, and stay in the game, "leading from behind" in the scoreboard, just stay within 17 points,

Don't turn on the jets unless you fall behind by 17, just hang around and stay close.

Then attack late, after having lured them in to a false sense of security for the entire game, and pummel them with about 17 straight points in the fourth quarter, from the offense and defense.

(Going up early only outlines for them how much they have to come back by.)

I seriously love your posts.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'm just not sure if we can stop their fleet of foot running...if we dont we are going to lose...I dont have good vibes with this game...hopefully I'm wrong.

L
Legend
Legend
L
They def have more talent than us and at home with something to play for. Could get ugly either way, we need a lot to go right. Hopefully we force them to play from behind and fend out the clock with Chubb and short passes

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Rookie
Rookie
J/C

Ingredients:
Baker throwing 4 tds

Chubb duke and whoever running for 4 tds

Defense scoring 4 tds

Joseph kicking 1 fg

Any combination of the above(not necessarily any of them being 4 scores) juat whatever to win..

I just wanna see a win to close out the season and it's just a bonus to knock balt outa the playoffs thumbsup
Even if it means letting shitzburg in

O
Legend
Legend
O
D

Stack the box, contain the ends, bring pressure every play.

O

Balanced game. Feed Chubb the rock 20+ times, Stretch the field often.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I was wrong.

We scored enough. But out defensive plan to stop their run game??

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I think we can win.

I have a big (for me) bet on the Browns +3.5 points at 2.45. A small bet on the money line at 3.45 and I have a small wager on the Browns scoring more than 17.5 points.

Ouch. Good Luck.

In The words of meatloaf .... 2 outta 3 ain't bad!

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Ravens 26 Ingredients of a victory

Link Copied to Clipboard