Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
At the end of the day, if a defender hits Baker late, they'll get a 15 yard penalty (supposedly) to go along with a hefty 5-figure fine.

We'll see how many defenders line up for the opportunity.

I don't think Baker is too worried about it. As a fan, you're always worried about that freak injury or what not, but he's a football player through and through. Go out there, let it rip, have some fun.

He's not going to go out there, scared to take a late hit because he stared down Hue .087 Jackson.

Legend
Legend
The way they protect QB’s in this league anymore, they have almost complete autonomy. I don’t remember we got that call last week when the Bengals hit him out of bounds, maybe it was too close to call but it sure riled up Landry enough to rush in on them.

#GMSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Dave
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Joel don’t know squat ... he’s talkin out his butt also ....

Arch, devil, eve ... they got this Vers ...

thumbsup

So who else besides Hue Jackson - in the NFL - has Mayfield dissed?

I was going to leave this alone, but y'all keep asking and asking.

There was a touchdown circa pre-season game #2 If I recall correctly,
where Mayfield ran, sprinted 35 yards to the endzone to hoist the Wr.

seemed a bit much for a pre-season game vs. #2s a bit like staring at your home run in front of a pitcher.

But that seems like years ago, now.

(someone else can insult the subject of the thread topic. )

Legend
Legend
Sorry I am not following your drift

A
Legend
Legend
A
So..........he played with excitement? And that's bad?

Which defensive player did he 'dis'?

We can't celebrate touchdowns now? Weird, I see that every Sunday out of every team that scores.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Forget it. He's rolling

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Originally Posted By: Dave
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Joel don’t know squat ... he’s talkin out his butt also ....

Arch, devil, eve ... they got this Vers ...

thumbsup

So who else besides Hue Jackson - in the NFL - has Mayfield dissed?

I was going to leave this alone, but y'all keep asking and asking.

There was a touchdown circa pre-season game #2 If I recall correctly,
where Mayfield ran, sprinted 35 yards to the endzone to hoist the Wr.

seemed a bit much for a pre-season game vs. #2s a bit like staring at your home run in front of a pitcher.

But that seems like years ago, now.

(someone else can insult the subject of the thread topic. )

Personally I'm glad we have a QB who can throw those 35 yard touchdown passes. I got tired of the sequences that went like this: run 2 yards, run 1 yard, incomplete pass, punt. Enough already! What do you think about that?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PDF
Honestly, it’s kind of nice to think that we have a marketable QB the league would be willing to protect for a change.

Years of watching our QB’s get blasted in the head with illegal hits and no flags has been frustrating.

Except Baker has been hit late/helmet-to-helmet 3 times this year with no-calls. frown

Legend
Legend
j/c

we've kinda already seen this. no doubt people will be out after him, but aren't they out for every QB in some way?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
arch, I don't want to talk to you.

Ask Joel Bitonio and T.J. that question.

I don't disagree he could tone it down. I just didn't mind him taunting Hue. I totally understand that one. But now it's over....I hope. If Hue remains in the league, which he probably will, I wouldn't want to see Baker continue his "feud" with Hue. It's over. Message sent, time to move on. I would even hope that somewhere down the road baker offered a olive branch. Let Hue know he wishes he didn't do that...it was just a heat of the moment thin when emotions were still running high.

As to what is happening on the field, I guess we will never know what is being said between players on the field. There is a difference between trash talk and getting personal...heck, we see that in here. I hope he is on the up and up with other players.

As to other players, we don't know what is said on the field. I hope he isn't getting personal with any trash talk going on.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
I don't give two cow chips what T J Whosyamama says.

Tackles are tackles.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Didn't TJ freak out when Brian Russell upended Chad Johnson? I thought I remembered him going into post game hysterics.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Give me ONE name of an NFL player Baker has taunted.

That can't be done because that has not happened. But...but...but he grabbed his crotch one time in college and threw a ball at the opposing player in college during warm ups...and got drunk IN COLLEGE. What a monster. He must be a real jerk in the locker room too...just ask...well...anyone on the damn team.

If the BS in the above paragraph is all one has to bash Baker about (after Baker has dispelled so many completely WRONG evaluations)...that person is going to hate life as a Browns fan for a long, long time. The 'ole "yeah but he grabbed his crotch in college" reasoning has a shelf-life of about one more game...it then becomes even older news than it was last draft. No one will care about his college actions...just like how no one cares about your GPA once you've been on the job for awhile.

Look at what opposing players and coaches have said about Baker. They know he's the real deal. The opinions of jackwagons like TJ and Coward don't mean squat.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Mayfield 2wins
Hue 0 looking forward to playing you again

Last edited by jacksondawg; 12/28/18 12:29 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Spoken with the Bravado of a true WR...Playing the least physical position in football. Hit him late on purpose to shut him up...like that hasn't happened before and trust me he won't shut up...why should he.

Of course he smiled and said he would love to play for him.
So he should act like the Opponents want him to act...what a Richard.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
I thought about that, but how crappy must Hue feel lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: myka
Originally Posted By: PDF
Honestly, it’s kind of nice to think that we have a marketable QB the league would be willing to protect for a change.

Years of watching our QB’s get blasted in the head with illegal hits and no flags has been frustrating.

Except Baker has been hit late/helmet-to-helmet 3 times this year with no-calls. frown

I have a feeling those days are over.

E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...to the guys who know it all.

1. Baker has put a target on his back...ON BEING ONE HECK of a QB if a team like the Steelers or Ravens cause that is who they are. Will not take out a player because they are giving lip service...they take out players that make a difference.

Just like the Bengals hit Kessler in the head twice without a flag smh to take him out.

Just like 92 took out Cribbs by hitting him in the HEAD, without a flag but got fined later by the NFL.

Did they target Cribbs because he dissed them with talk...no they took him out cause he was the only play maker we had.

And because the REFS simply refuse to throw the flag against our opponents for flagrant hits. Just like this past game where 99 well out of bounds continued a hit by leaving his feet and putting full weight on Baker again OUT OF BOUNDS...No flag.

So we the Browns team have to take care of justice themselves.

Some players are super nice. Bitonio and Garrett are two that are great players but dont play with that Nasty. Thought Bitonio did but the last two years I have not seen it. Both of them just don't play that way.

Landry is the opposite, he plays nasty.

Baker btw again I studied him more than anyone here. He was that way against all his opponents and you know what He was hit hard, he was hit after the whistle Often and he was cold cocked but each time he would get up and laugh. Of course unlike here the opponent would get flagged for the hit. I sure hope the Refs throw the flag so that it will prevent a green light of them taking him out cause if he played like Kizer teams would not bother risking the flag. But they will try to take cheap shots on him not cause of his character...simply cause they are Dirty players who will take out the guy who runs this team and makes them a winner.

But I will guarantee you this, Baker will only come out due to Concussion protocol - other than that he will hide the pain and come back to beat them. That is who he is.

TJ is a Bengal and Baker dissed Hue with the look. Not only did a HC not leave and join a RIVAL immediately after being fired..but never has that been done with two games on the ticket against this opponent. Sure his players took that to heart. Not just Baker attested by Randall with the Diss in giving Hue the ball.

For years I heard poster after poster state how docile our team was and there was no fire no protecting of each other. Well now we got a player who has that fire and brings it out in all the team and now those same posters almost to the man are stating he has unecessarily drawn a target on his back...

Telling you the only major diss was to HUE he has not done anything of the sort to other teams. He just loves having fun playing the game and it catches on cause its sincere and not an act...it is who he is. It is good for the team. All that jibber jabber be TJ but the thing that actually had meaning!?!
Was the fact he smiled and said he would love playing for him on his team! That says it all. Teams will take cheap shots not cause of the talk but actually cause of his WALK!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Well said EO!

The refs won't protect us, the NFL won't be fair to us, it's the players job to TAKE WHAT WE DESERVE. These media types can crawl back into the Browns hating hole they came from. The days of the pushover Browns are DONE.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I have a feeling those days are over.

Could be.

The NFL protects their cash cows- and it just might be that CLE has its own in #6. Brady, Brees, Rogers, Rapey McGropenstuff- all get the calls enough to deter hits. Franchise QB's are pure gold for the league, and they need to protect their assets/investments.

Sell enough Mayfield/Chubb/Ward jerseys, and they'll start calling these fouls to protect our team.

Gotta win and fill stands first.
Love comes later.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
Legend
Legend
P
So..........he played with excitement? And that's bad?

Which defensive player did he 'dis'?

We can't celebrate touchdowns now? Weird, I see that every Sunday out of every team that scores.

You really crack me up. If you can't see he's a cocky kid who some will want to take down a notch you're missing the point completely.

I don't see anything wrong with a player being a little cocky. But there are going to be some defenders in this league that do. If you are having a problem comprehending that, it's not my issue.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
So, in other words, you have nothing.

He stared Hue down, 1 time. I like what peen said about this Baker Hue thing: Understandable this year. If it continues in the coming years, maybe grow up Baker.

What opposing players has Baker been cocky to?

Name them.

Ever see Aaron Rodgers after a nice play, especially a t.d. pass?

Ever seen receivers, even down by 10 or 20 pts, showboating with the 'first down' signal?

etc etc

Legend
Legend
Rapey McGropenstuff, LOL, that's a stealer. With permission of course.

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, me and Joel Bitonio have nothing. I mean what would that guy know about how the NFL works?

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
G
2nd String
2nd String
G
The Browns have played soft and took a beating for years. When Colt McCoy, Josh Cribbs, Mohammad Masaquoi, Kessler and others have taken cheap shots throughout the years, not one Browns player did anything about it.
When Harrison was knocking guys out our oline just stood there,
I love the way Baker plays. Maybe he can get more players to play with an edge, which we haven't had for a long, long time. The Browns just bend over and take it. Not anymore.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
Legend
Legend

It is Football right?

Trash talk and football kind of go together. It is not chess.

Players get hot. Emotions take over. Not all players are cool, calm, and collected.

People are motivated differently.

If a player can intimidate another; they will.

I mean we all have seen rude behavior on a field right? Terrell Owens. How about John Randle.

So what? The players will take care of business.

Besides this is not the sixties when dirty play was a part of the game. There are new rules. You get exiled.

Trash talk is just that - trash.

Mayfield is going to play his game. It comes with who he is.

He will get some shots. That is Football.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I too like the way Baker plays and it's a refreshing change from the past, lord knows, how many years. However, there are some players who might not appreciate how he plays and may be looking to knock him down a bit. Manzel was cocky with that money antic he did and there were some guys that took shots at him. Bengals players come to mind. Anyways I hope it doesn't happen to Baker. He's too good and we need him!!!

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Taking in all that has been said above, calling for someone to hurt another player is crossing the line. TJ is buddies with Hue. I have to wonder how he would react if someone suggested taking Burfict's knees out for being a big mouth and a dirty player.

Retired player or not, IMO, that is over the line. The same people sticking up for this nobody are the same one that don't want Williams for head coach because of bountygate. What's the difference as far as the intention?

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
The thing is..........I'm not even really bashing Baker. I played the game. I coached the game. I even scouted for two years.

There is a code and believe me that guys get targets on their backs. Baker is playing very well for a rookie. One of the best rookie years in memory. And I get playing w/a chip on your shoulder and being passionate.

But taunting isn't a sign of toughness. Grabbing your crotch isn't a sign of toughness. Nor is plunking an opposing player in the head "before" the game as he is running onto the field.

We saw Norman go after Lewan [spelling] the other day for taunting on Washington's sideline. But Lewan had at least 85 lbs on him and was much taller. Do we really want some guy cold-cocking Baker because he is taunting.

It's time to grow the hell up.

When I played, nobody better taunt us, but A QB taunting us was just asking for it.

He's going to take a few hits for his actions. Expect it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
When I played, nobody better taunt us, but A QB taunting us was just asking for it.

He's going to take a few hits for his actions. Expect it.

That's fine. Tit for tat.

If some team wants to get cheap on our QB, we can surely do the same to them with their QB.

Don't like how we win? Then beat us. That's how i see it.

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 12/28/18 11:21 PM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
jc

Other than the team's (not just Baker) beef with Hue (which most likely has been a legit beef), when exactly has Baker been mocking other teams or coaches or players in the NFL?

I asked this question earlier and haven't gotten a response.

Bet that’s an ignore switching issue. Lol

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Loved Chris Carters comments about Baker and the stare down. Also bashed Cowherd for nit-picking Baker. Basically said that kind of stuff goes on all game every game between players, coaches pretty much everyone and that it is part of the game. I do think the media has over dramatized this notice how every time you see the incident on TV it is in super slow motion.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Quote:

Baker Mayfield fined for “lewd gesture”

Mike Florio,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports 1 hour 36 minutes ago

The stare down of Hue Jackson was free. Another Baker Mayfield moment from last Sunday wasn't. According to Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com, the league fined the Browns rookie quarterback $10,026 for a "lewd gesture" during the game. The fine apparently arises from Mayfield's sideline touchdown celebration, which was interpreted as, to put it mildly, [more]

The stare down of Hue Jackson was free. Another Baker Mayfield moment from last Sunday wasn’t.

According to Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com, the league fined the Browns rookie quarterback $10,026 for a “lewd gesture” during the game.

The fine apparently arises from Mayfield’s sideline touchdown celebration, which was interpreted as, to put it mildly, the descending of a male mammal’s testicles.

Offensive coordinator Freddie Kitchens tried to downplay the incident during a midweek press conference.

“That is something in our room that is an inside deal in our room that is going to stay in our room,” Kitchens said. “It is not a big deal. I do not know. I told you guys, media tries to create controversy, right? I told you a few weeks ago. There you go. . . . I do not know what he did wrong. I do not know. I do not understand what he did wrong. I do not understand what the big deal is. He is in the middle of a football game in the National Football League. There is great emotion in a game of football, and whatever he does on the football field is on the football field, so I do not know. I like guys that have a relentless pursuit of competition, and they rally around the competition. Sometimes when you are in competition, somethings you do, you just do. You do not even know why the hell you do it, but I do not have a problem with Baker.”

The league apparently does, although Mayfield will appeal the fine. Whether he wins the appeal or not, Mayfield continues to be one of the most compelling figures in football. Here’s hoping he never changes.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/baker-mayfield-fined-lewd-gesture-015039544.html

Dude seems to have a fascination w/grabbing his junk in public.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Vers I like Baker for what he can do for our Browns. He is talented and a winner and I hope he continues to improve. I just wish he would tone those types of actions down a bit. He's putting a target on his back.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't. And I doubt that he is...

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
I don't. And I doubt that he is...

He has a target on his back because he's really good and the league hasn't put him on the Brady/Rapist pedestal where the D isn't allowed to tackle him.

He made a lewd gesture that 80% of the population wouldn't 'get' if you didn't explain it, on his sideline, to his own teammates/coaches without so much as looking on the field...let alone the other sideline.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

The agendas and hatred towards Baker continues to be hilarious.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Goes to show some browns fans are never happy...

When he planted that flag in Columbus, I smiled and said that's the guy I want to be my quarterback.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I think you can be happy and not be a fan of his antics.

The only issue is trashing him and not being a happy fan. I mean we are winning and the future looks bright.

I only see one poster on this board that fits that.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'll also add I think Baker is trying to toughen this team up. I think some of this is premeditated.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Ravens 26 T.J. Houshmandzadeh Says NFL Defenders Should Hit Baker Mayfield Late on Purpose

Link Copied to Clipboard