Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PDF
grits out there that are taking advantage of people with declining mental faculties.

GoFundMe account looks to buy 'ladders' to scale Trump's border wall

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gofundme-account-looks-to-buy-ladders-to-scale-trumps-border-wall

And funding criminal activity.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Vambo
grits out there that are taking advantage of people with declining mental faculties.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gofundme-account-looks-to-buy-ladders-to-scale-trumps-border-wall

I’m shocked - SHOCKED- that an obvious joke went over the head of the “how did David Hogg know how to use Google? Had to be Soros!” guy.

Clymer is a doofus, but the point of the ladder GoFundMe is quite obviously tongue-in-cheek mockery of the rubes dumb enough to contribute to a GoFundMe for Trump’s wall.

Did you really think it was serious?

Legend
Legend
You know the answer to that question, as sad as it is.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Swish
You know the answer to that question, as sad as it is.

The second paragraph of his article literally points out that it’s a joke meant to mock the idiots donating to the wall GoFundMe, and all funds raised will go to charity, but you can’t really expect the “George Soros sent himself a pipe bomb” guy to actually read beyond the headline.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Gotta love working in a Talking Heads reference on a thread talking about "A Wall." LMAO

Gotta operate on Spock-like 3-dimensional chess levels, yo.

But you need to give your props up to Eve, as well.
Without her inspiration/instigation, we wouldn't be 'Byrnin' Down The House.'

Enlightenment is a group effort.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

I’m shocked - SHOCKED- that an obvious joke went over the head of the “how did David Hogg know how to use Google? Had to be Soros!” guy.

Clymer is a doofus, but the point of the ladder GoFundMe is quite obviously tongue-in-cheek mockery of the rubes dumb enough to contribute to a GoFundMe for Trump’s wall.

(the fund currently has only raised around $135,000),

Some of you did. rofl

O
Legend
Legend
O
16 mil is not 21 Billion but it will buy a LOT of legos so the idiot manchild can get together with his friends and play build that wall...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

(the fund currently has only raised around $135,000),

Some of you did. rofl

So you not only took an obvious joke seriously, but you also apparently don’t understand how GoFundMe works.

Another stellar performance from the Breitbart link guy.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
$17,035,069

Raised by 280,363 people in 8 days

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: fishtheice
$17,035,069

Raised by 280,363 people in 8 days

That’s really sad.

Obviously, this thing is never going to hit the goal, but it’s tough to think that so many people are willing to donate to a senile pervert’s useless vanity project, when they probably really need the money for useful things.

I mean, obviously they’re reprehensible losers, but I still feel bad for them.

It’s a glimpse of how empty and desperate a lot of these angry racist morons are deep down inside.

Legend
Legend
I wonder how many kids could be sent to college with that 17 million.

But they rather kick Brown people out.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Michelle for President!

She won’t need to steal a speech from the previous First Lady.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

And it’s ironic the GOOpers brag about donating to this cause during the holiday season. Meanwhile millions of Americans give millions of dollars and donate hundreds of hours of their time volunteering to needy U.S. citizens in America every single day.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

You have no control over another American citizen's priorities.
Learn to live with that reality, young bro.

I choose to focus my time, money, and personal efforts on our next generation's potential contributions to Our Republic.

The trade-off?
Those same 'other Americans' have no control over how I focus my efforts.

They send money to a GoFundMe site for the construction of a wall.

I log (daily/weekly)face time with their kids.

Without ever talking politics at all, I teach their kids:

1. how to question authority/conventional 'wisdom.'
2. how to collect raw data, execute analytical thought, and effect positive action to seek positive results.
3. how to put analytics/critical thought processes into action to achieve a higher goal.

And when they log that #1 rating at OMEA Music Day, be it as a soloist, small ensemble member or orchestra participant, they become better, more plugged-in US citizens. They've experienced what it means to be an integrated individual, part of a bigger, better whole.

So you see, Swish: I don't ever have to teach/cajole/influence/seduce/'indoctrinate' a single kid into being someone who eclipses his/her parent in the realm of thoghtpolitik. By training them to be better musicians, I'm also providing them a pathway to becoming more inspired, involved, informed citizens.

Do a shallow research of the history behind artists/musicians/writers/philosophers v. conventional ideology of their times. You will find thousands of instances where members of those communities were 1,2, even 3 generations advanced from their contemporaries.

Sending kids to college is a good thing.
Giving kids permission to think without ideological constraint is a GREAT thing... whether they aspire to a college education or not.

For most of my adult life, I've helped pinkish/pale-ish kids more than I've helped brown/yellow/tan ones. That's simply because of the demographics that dominated my home turf. One thing's for sure: ALL have thrived because of their time spent with me.

And not one of their parents has ever lodged a complaint about my influence in their child's development. Not one.
In almost 40 years of continuous service.

As I said in a previous post, I sincerely applaud this effort. I truly believe that The Wall should be totally funded by Americans who are motivated to see its construction. I wish them well. I also believe that this wall should not receive one thin dime from Americans who see it as a stupid, inefficient, wasteful expenditure of civic revenue.

GoFundMe is the way to go.

Let private money fund a private initiative to provide false security to a segment of The American Populace who values such an initiative. As long as I don't have to foot the bill for something this foolish... why should I care?

In the meantime, I'll continue to work my ass off within the current system to help low-income, "deck stacked against them" inner-city kids earn diplomas, scholastic awards, and scholarships/Pell grants to transform America's demographic snapshot of success.

I can do no less.
My fam has been at this game since the early 1800's.
We Progressive Negroes were born and built for this.

We never allowed walls (physical, social, political, ethnic or otherwise) to diminish or limit us.
We will never allow a temporary POTUS* to define what our limits are.

Those who are working within the laws of our country to gain entry should be helped by those of us who already enjoy the privileges and benefits thereof. Those who would seek to thwart those peoples' efforts should be defeated/vanquished from within... by their own 'fellow citizens.'

Anyone who feels otherwise should start a GoFundMe web page to underwrite the cost of transporting the Statue of Liberty back to France.

p.s. I know you love your babies. NOW is the time to allow them to get involved in music/ The Arts. They will flourish in this environment.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'd rather spend 5 billion on a wall than the 140 billion a year illegal aliens cost the USA each year. Just get it done and then go from there.

Either that or just conquer all of the land south to panama and save the trouble of immigrating.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Great post Clem. You're on fire recently.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend

Think of how many American kids will never get the chance to go to college because they were killed by disease or criminal violence brought over our border illegally.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Think of how many American kids will never get the chance to go to college because they were killed by disease or criminal violence brought over our border illegally.

Statistically?

Roughly between 1.6-4.3 kids per year.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Statistically?

Roughly between 1.6-4.3 kids per year.

My bad, my math was off, I was wrong.

Roughly between 5.7-7.9 kids per year.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
The wall really serves no purpose- it’s more or less a pointless monument for racists.

As Clem said, if a bunch of people want to fund it, they’re more than welcome to. Of course, that’s an insane pipe dream, because it would require land rights that could only be obtained via imminent domain, which would require taxpayer funds.

The bumbling elderly man the angry racists worship promised that Mexico would pay for it, thus not requiring the taxpayers (who by every available metric don’t want it), but again - imminent domain - so in the end this incredibly stupid GoFundMe that preys on idiots and racists couldn’t do it alone.

Anyway you shake it, it would be a monumental waste of money for an ineffectual symbol that means nothing outside of grievance for bitter racist simpletons.

V
Legend
Legend
V
The geography of the SW United States and the ownership of some of the land guarantees that the Wall will never work.

What baffles me is the fact that people are even considering it...

O
Legend
Legend
O
The geography of the SW United States and the ownership of some of the land guarantees that the Wall will never work.

Hate and bigotry have never been accused of being based in wisdom bro.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Yeah, like I just said in another thread, I think they actually believe that there could be some kind of continuous wall that runs the length of the border.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yep...............and that isn't even considering the water passages.

Legend
Legend
Jc

I always wonder why lately the GOP and conservatives treat our neighbors like trash. We treat Mexico worse than we treat ISIS. One would think it would be common sense to have the e st relationship imaginable with the countries who share our borders.

But I dunno what it’s like to be an angry white guy so....

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
$17,793,666

Raised by 292,970 people in 11 days

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
https://gofundthewall.net/

Make sure you donate thumbsup

Legend
Legend
$17,793,666

Then why did trump shut down the gov’t again?

– Jackie Robinson
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
$17,793,666

Then why did trump shut down the gov’t again?

Imagine the embarrassing sadness involved in bragging that people are willingly crowdfunding a GoFundMe that will clearly never reach its goal, as a last resort after realizing that you’d been tricked, and Mexico isn’t paying for it.

All while the president is play-acting that he’s doing his job by tweeting out pictures of him pretending to sign a blank piece of paper.

Legend
Legend
Looks like a very sad lonely shell of a man.

– Jackie Robinson
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Its time to shutdown the Southern border as well.

We need the wall to minimize illegal immigration enforcement and costs. Crimes are being committed every single day by illegal immigrants yet the left still delaying the issue. Its really sickening, their non action.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
The conservatives talk about the borders, one would think we live in Alcatraz.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
The conservatives talk about the borders, one would think we live in Alcatraz.

If you listen to them talk about it, they make it sound like a wall would be some kind of effective preventative measure for curbing illegal immigration, and not just a useless monument to frothing racism.

Like, if you build a few miles of a wall here or there, these people are just going to avoid them and enter the country via the open parts (or, more importantly, they will be flown over it or
driven through/around it by wealthy business interests)

It would be exactly the same situation we currently have, only billions in taxpayer funds down the drain.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
It would be exactly the same situation we currently have, only billions in taxpayer funds down the drain.

And it’s constantly ignored that trump campaigned on the promise that Mexico would pay for it and now his supporters are actually happy to pay part of the bill. rofl

– Jackie Robinson
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:

And it’s constantly ignored that trump campaigned on the promise that Mexico would pay for it and now his supporters are actually happy to pay part of the bill. rofl

Yeah. I don’t watch much cable news but I’ve been in airports for the holiday season and keep seeing those clips of Trump rallies where he asks “and who is going to pay for it?” and all of the racist rubes yell “MEXICO!” and he says “100%! No doubt!”

Getting rolled by a senile con man and coming back for more. Just embarrassing.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
So then what do you want? Immigration policy and enforcement to remain the same? No ideas coming from the Democrat party at this point. The republican party has come up with ideas but I don't see any from the other side yet.

It really annoys me when congress members such as Schumer\Pelosi already approved the same type of border security funding years ago. So that tells me a couple things:

1. They don't care about the security of the United States. Don't care about US citizens.

2. They just want to play politics. If it were up to me ever single member of congress would be fired right now.

3. Need severe term limits in congress right now. How are these old people on both sides still there. They are ineffective and need to be taken out to the wood shed.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 12/29/18 10:45 AM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
Quote:
How are these old people on both sides still there.

Yeah sure? That’s a hollow statement coming from you since you just called out Schumer and Pelosi in the same post. Pfft.

– Jackie Robinson
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
The republican party has come up with ideas

By “ideas” you mean “we’re gonna build a wall, and Mexico is gonna pay for it”, which isn’t an idea so much as the ramblings of a senile old man who sounds like he skipped his meds at the nursing home.

And I hate to break it to you, but cheap labor is a *requirement* of capitalism. Once slavery was abolished, we turned to desperate immigrants. And once minimum wage laws were enacted, we turned to undocumented immigrants.

There’s no stopping or slowing illegal immigration without a new economic model.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
And it’s kind of hard to rail against the opposition when you were foolish enough to throw your lot in with the senile old man who told you Mexico was going to pay for a wall that’s logistically impossible

If you were serious about a solution you shouldn’t have nominated a clown

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
The republican party has come up with ideas

And I hate to break it to you, but cheap labor is a *requirement* of capitalism. Once slavery was abolished, we turned to desperate immigrants. And once minimum wage laws were enacted, we turned to undocumented immigrants.

There’s no stopping or slowing illegal immigration without a new economic model.

That is something that doesn't get talked out enough imo . Who will replace this low paying labor that keeps the engines of this country running?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Triple-amputee Air Force veteran on mission to raise $1B for US-Mexico border wall

Link Copied to Clipboard