Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
jc

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Whole of the NFL - Missed tackles #1 Schobert #4 Collins.

Ouch.Maybe LB is the #1 priority ahead of DT.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I think Garret gets more sacks if we get some pressure up the middle. Qb's always seem to be able to step up in the pockets to avoid his outside rush.

Legend
Legend
Thanks for the Pluto post. I had no idea that JS was that bad. And JC was worse rank than I thought, but I had a fair and low opinion going into season. Pluto seems pretty confident about his opinions. I like his journalism personally.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Been saying that fir years. But no one will listen.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I would not want Clowney ... older, injured, expensive. Not questioning his talent, just the intelligence of acquiring/signing him right now.

Clowney is 25.

Legend
Legend
that missed tackles stat is alarming

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
that missed tackles stat is alarming

Agree, and it's weird because it seems like we had a lot fewer missed tackles this year than last year or the year before. I'd be interested in knowing those number. Not necessarily for individual players but for the team as a whole.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Clowney is 25 years old and coming off his rookie contract. Von Miller is 29 years old and has been in the league for 8 years.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend

Rushing the quarterback wins games.

If you play a 4-3 and can consistently apply pressure without blitzing that is a very good thing.

Ogbah is ok not great.

Clowney would help a bunch but I doubt he gets away from Houston.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Rushing the quarterback wins games.

If you play a 4-3 and can consistently apply pressure without blitzing that is a very good thing.

Ogbah is ok not great.

Clowney would help a bunch but I doubt he gets away from Houston.

Yeah, Rap says that Houston wants to give him a new contract and will franchise him if that deal can't be negotiated.

Too bad because having him on one side and Myles on the other would have been terrifying for opponents.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Von Miller is cranky in Denver.

John Dorsey, work your magic.

I always smile when I read your posts. The uncanny knack for taking an entire paragraph and trimming it down to ten words... that paint an even better picture!

Von Miller would light this defense on fire.

[That and I would love to get together with a bunch of you at Eve's saloon and have some beers and gab about our Browns with her included of course...that is if she picks up the tab...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Yeah, he will probably get franchised. But, Myles and Clowney as bookends is a nice pipe dream.

Definitely a pipe dream, but I think with another step forward Genard Avery can have a legit impact as a pass rusher next year. Supplement him with a substitute who can play the run well and you have a pretty good compliment to Garrett.

You can NEVER HAVE TOO many edge rushers. NEVER!

Just remember on passing downs we can still have Garrett and Avery with their hands down with Ogbah and Larry inside with Clowney in 2 point stance roaming different gaps in the LOS and attacking on the move.

Jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: eotab
Yeah, he will probably get franchised. But, Myles and Clowney as bookends is a nice pipe dream.

Definitely a pipe dream, but I think with another step forward Genard Avery can have a legit impact as a pass rusher next year. Supplement him with a substitute who can play the run well and you have a pretty good compliment to Garrett.

Just remember on passing downs we can still have Garrett and Avery with their hands down with Ogbah and Larry inside with Clowney in 2 point stance roaming different gaps in the LOS and attacking on the move.

Jmho

I'm not saying I don't want Clowney. I am saying he is not going to be available.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Von Miller is cranky in Denver.

John Dorsey, work your magic.

I always smile when I read your posts. The uncanny knack for taking an entire paragraph and trimming it down to ten words... that paint an even better picture!

Von Miller would light this defense on fire.

[That and I would love to get together with a bunch of you at Eve's saloon and have some beers and gab about our Browns with her included of course...that is if she picks up the tab...lol laugh

Can she pick up the tab, tab?

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That makes for a sick feeling in the gut.

But at least they rated high in coverage.

[Linked Image]

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We need a run stuffing sideline to sideline LB. Our LB's are OK but we need that upgrade.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg

One thing that I noticed is that when Schobert is in, we don't get torn up by TE's.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
We have lacked that thumper at LB for years

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
this team with a LB like Van der Esch, Kuechly, etc would be so much improved

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
They don't need to throw to TE much if he is missing tackles or getting them late, I guess. Seriously, can he be worked into a nickel or something where he could help with cover more?
He is a great help getting us set and such.

We need a Mack type, or something major in upgrade similar to that. Be strong up the middle. Draft some tacklers. For us that would help ST cover as well.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

One thing that I noticed is that when Schobert is in, we don't get torn up by TE's.

Missed tackles are never a good thing ... Some times I think that it is a combination of things ... Such as our DL getting gashed, and also missed sacks ... and I do recall Schobert wiffing on some sacks, so numbers don't paint a full picture. With that said, I think that any and all of the LB positions there is room for an upgrade.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Are you including Kirksey in this? Did he play enough to get ranked? Lot of room to improve as NFL whiff leaders. Wrap!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Does this surprise your guys? LB's have been a major weakness on this D for years. I hope Terry is right and we revamp one of the weakest ares on this team.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
We have lacked that thumper at LB for years

What is a thumper and who is an example of a thumper in the NFL today?

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: SunDawg

Does this surprise your guys? LB's have been a major weakness on this D for years. I hope Terry is right and we revamp one of the weakest ares on this team.

I’ve said all year that schobert is vastly overrated. I think a mlb is just as big a need as a dt. There really isn’t a good tackling lb on this team

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Are you including Kirksey in this? Did he play enough to get ranked? Lot of room to improve as NFL whiff leaders. Wrap!

No, I haven't seen any thing on Kirko.

[Linked Image]

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Nothing yet, but I figured we'd need a thread at some point. AB requested a trade.

No on Brown. Sounds like a trouble maker that is only interested in himself.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Brown need to improve the run defense. Would like to see them get a top defensive linemen and linebacker.

E
Legend
Legend
E

Jmho

I'm not saying I don't want Clowney. I am saying he is not going to be available.

Actually after watching the playoffs game I'm really no that much into Clowney, although I think he can make some of our guys better. But I wasn't that impressed and he was manhandled a bit.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
Legend
Legend
E

That is surprising about Schobert, not too much Collins. wonder how much of that is from him playing injured???

But that is a shame, mentally he is amazing but I think physically he is a dollar short and he's a favorite of mine and our Defense played Much better with him in than out.

But a stud in the draft would be nice...A real HOF Stud I hope.
In Dorsey I trust and Schofield is not one of his guys.

curious on what we will do with Kirksey once he gets healthy.

Avery right now is the only pure KEEPER if you look at it.

The other 3 can be upgraded for sure and I cringe when I say that about Schobert only because how well the D plays when he is in...but he cannot miss Tackles!!!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I cringe when I say that about Schobert only because how well the D plays when he is in...but he cannot miss Tackles!!![/color]

I wonder how much if any that changes if GW and his son leave and we install a new defensive system

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's always tough to watch things as they unfold sometimes. As with most fans, it's hard not to form some kind of attachment to our players. As rabid fans they sort if feel like family, at least to a degree. As such I think we like to give them credit anywhere we can. Now I'm not a big stat guy, but when such a glaring stat is pointed it out to us, it's sometimes obvious we have been seeing things through orange colored glasses.

I have really liked Schoberts play. I had no clue about the missed tackle stats. Our D certainly has performed better on the field when he's in the lineup.

I have to put my faith in Dorsey on matters like this. We all know last year he rebuilt our secondary and it had a major difference. I feel rather confident he'll do the same this season with the front seven on our D.

I mean if we can see the weakness on our D, I feel pretty confident he can too. I mean we all saw how terrible our secondary was before he addressed it. I can only feel this scenario will be no different.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Thanks. I think he is better tackler than pass defender, just my impression, all anecdotal about how open our flat has been. Didn't know if he was part of this group or not. I was truly surprised by this stat. Not by the fact that we missed tackles, but by how severely bad on a league-wide basis we were.

Major upgrades needed here. But a run-stopping DL or two would help too. This D is still vulnerable in many ways.

Legend
Legend

The only reason Collins isn't higher is because he couldn't jog himself into position fast enough to attempt more tackles.

But yeah, LB and DT are our two highest needs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Thanks. I think he is better tackler than pass defender, just my impression, all anecdotal about how open our flat has been. Didn't know if he was part of this group or not. I was truly surprised by this stat. Not by the fact that we missed tackles, but by how severely bad on a league-wide basis we were.

Major upgrades needed here. But a run-stopping DL or two would help too. This D is still vulnerable in many ways.

Yes, I agree. This defense is not of championship caliber yet. I would like to add another baller on every level including CB, because our lack of depth was exposed.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
One thing I'm unhappy about over our entire defense is tackling. We'll have fewer injuries and give up fewer big plays when we concentrate on tackling fundamentals.

Gregg seemed to stress this early in preseason, but it didn't seem to catch on with the players.

I like Gregg and think he holds guys accountable but this has to get better.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
One thing I'm unhappy about over our entire defense is tackling. We'll have fewer injuries and give up fewer big plays when we concentrate on tackling fundamentals.

Gregg seemed to stress this early in preseason, but it didn't seem to catch on with the players.

I like Gregg and think he holds guys accountable but this has to get better.
How much is it fundamentals and how much is it guys trying to lay a big hit? I have to question that, because we know greggs past - he wants big hits first and foremost if you ask me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How much of it is taking bad angles and being positioned poorly at the time of contact

Legend
Legend
It's today's NFL. Nobody practices tackling as they are afraid of getting players hurt, and the players union has effected NFL practices.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Off-season Roster moves

Link Copied to Clipboard