Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Do it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Gary Kubiak won't be the Broncos' offensive coordinator.

The Broncos and Kubiak went different directions a mere 24 hours after the two sides agreed he would be calling offensive plays. Kubiak reportedly had different ideas on staffing and offensive philosophies, which led him to opt out of his new role entirely. Denver had previously blocked teams from interviewing Kubiak, so he'll likely have interested suitors as early as this weekend.

Related: Broncos
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Jan 11 - 4:16 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Broncos are hoping to add former Steelers OL coach Mike Munchak to their coaching staff.

Munchak was previously a finalist for Denver's head-coaching job. That role went to former Bears DC Vic Fangio, though the Broncos came away impressed with Munchak during the interview process and are hoping he'll accept another position on Denver's coaching staff. He could be in play as the team's offensive coordinator now that Gary Kubiak and the Broncos appear to be going separate ways. Munchak's contract with the Steelers is up, allowing him to explore other opportunities.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Jan 11 - 4:20 PM

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Marty Mornhinweg - C - Free Agent

Marty Mornhinweg will not return to the Ravens' coaching staff in 2019.
This was expected after the Ravens announced that Greg Roman would replace Mornhinweg as the team's offensive coordinator. Baltimore was hoping to retain Mornhinweg in a different role, but apparently he wasn't interested in a demotion. "We tried to keep Marty, but he has decided to move on, and I respect that," said coach John Harbaugh. Mornhinweg had been with the Ravens since 2015.

Related: Ravens
Source: Jamison Hensley on Twitter Jan 11 - 4:01 PM

D
Legend
Legend
D
That’d be a HUGE coup if we could get him here ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Steelers hired Teryl Austin as a senior defensive assistant.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Austin's focus will be on the Steelers' secondary. Austin lasted less than a year as the Bengals' defensive coordinator and has fallen a long way from a few years ago when he was interviewing for head-coaching jobs. Hopefully he'll benefit from a change of scenery in Pittsburgh.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Jan 11 - 3:45 PM

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Bengals will not retain OC Bill Lazor.

Zac Taylor is expected to hire a whole new staff once he accepts the team's head-coaching job, which will happen as soon as the Rams wrap up their season. In addition to Lazor, the Bengals are also parting ways with RBs coach Kyle Caskey and TEs coach Jonathan Hayes. Lazor had been with the Bengals since 2016, beginning as the team's QBs coach before taking over offensive coordinator duties from Ken Zampese in 2017.

Related: Bengals
Source: Katherine Terrell on Twitter Jan 11 - 3:26 PM

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Bengals should have hired Greg Williams as their coach. They need a disciplinarian! They have had a "players coach" for far too long and the inmates have taken over the asylum. Williams would have been ideal there.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
The Bengals should have hired Greg Williams as their coach. They need a disciplinarian! They have had a "players coach" for far too long and the inmates have taken over the asylum. Williams would have been ideal there.

"I like that Spiritbro dude!"

- Bob McNair

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Rich Scangarello - C - 49ers

The Broncos will interview 49ers QB coach Rich Scangarello for their offensive coordinator job.
Scangarello has been one of Kyle Shanahan's top assistants the last few years. He has no coordinating experience at the NFL level but is a riser in the coaching ranks for his work with Nick Mullens and the 49ers' quarerbacks. The Broncos need a playcaller to pair with defensive-minded HC Vic Fangio after losing Gary Kubiak.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter Jan 11 - 5:38 PM

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bengals fired assistant coach Hue Jackson.

This was expected with Zac Taylor bringing in a new staff. Jackson was linked to the Vikings' offensive coordinator job before they decided to stay in-house with OC Kevin Stefanski. He may have to settle for a position coach role.

Source: Elise Jesse on Twitter Jan 11 - 5:24 PM

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I would love to get Munchak and Spagnuolo.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester

This was expected with Zac Taylor bringing in a new staff. Jackson was linked to the Vikings' offensive coordinator job before they decided to stay in-house with OC Kevin Stefanski. He may have to settle for a position coach role.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Best. Twitter post. Ever.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
thats gold lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Rich Scangarello - C - 49ers

The Broncos will interview 49ers QB coach Rich Scangarello for their offensive coordinator job.
Scangarello has been one of Kyle Shanahan's top assistants the last few years. He has no coordinating experience at the NFL level but is a riser in the coaching ranks for his work with Nick Mullens and the 49ers' quarerbacks. The Broncos need a playcaller to pair with defensive-minded HC Vic Fangio after losing Gary Kubiak.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter Jan 11 - 5:38 PM

The 49ers denied the request. Take that Denver!

Legend
Legend
Who'd have thought a Shanahan would tell Elway to stick it?

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
rofl I spit up my coffee and have tears in my eyes.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Omg, that is funny as all hell!!!

rofl

Rookie
Rookie
Originally Posted By: SunDawg
Omg, that is funny as all hell!!!

rofl

I second this comment rofl

E
Legend
Legend
E
That was HILARIOUS!!!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Man, this is absolutely crazy. The Colts OL better not take any steps backwards, or Reich will really come under fire.

Colts firing offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo - NFL.com
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ign=Twitter_atn

The Indianapolis Colts won't hold fast with their coaching staff under Frank Reich.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Colts are letting go of offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo, according to a source informed of the decision.

It's a surprising move considering the strides Indy's offensive line made in the first year under the new coaching staff. However, there is context behind the move. DeGuglielmo was the only offensive coach hired before Josh McDaniels turned his back on the Colts' job. Reich wants to bring in his own guy, per Garafolo.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero added there were rumblings of a possible change over the past month as Reich and DeGuglielmo weren't on the same page, despite the success. The Colts ranked No. 2 in the NFL in pass blocking and No. 4 in run blocking in 2018, per Football Outsiders' metrics.

DeGuglielmo spent just one season in Indy after serving as the Miami Dolphins o-line coach in 2017. The 50-year-old has 13 years of NFL assistant experience, including two Super Bowl championships (Giants in SB XLII and Patriots in SB XLIX). Given his expertise and the need for solid offensive line coaches throughout much of the NFL, DeGuglielmo should have little trouble finding a landing spot. Garafolo adds that Reich is recommending him to other coaches.

The Colts' opening represents a prime landing spot for Reich's next selection with a young core led by All-Pro rookie guard Quenton Nelson, rookie right tackle Braden Smith and former first-round center Ryan Kelly.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Odd firing IMO.

While I don't actually claim to study every team, I do watch a lot of games and keep up pretty well. The Colts OL held up pretty well and it's the first time I recall Luck having time in the pocket and remaining upright for the most part. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yep, the Colts line went from getting their QBs killed to keeping them very clean in just one year.

L
Legend
Legend
L
i get wanting your own guys, but you have a guy thats proven he can coach and improve your players already, and quite substantially. Seems dumb to me

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L
pretty funny we basically swapped Oline coaches with GB

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Bengals fan / buddy just emailed this to me. Hilarious.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Legend
Legend
D

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dave

Everyone in the east starts upgrading their run games...

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Bengals fan / buddy just emailed this to me. Hilarious.

I would love to get a link to this so I can share with my dad and brother.

E
Legend
Legend
E

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
#1 comedy post of 2019. That was awesome!!!

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
pretty funny we basically swapped Oline coaches with GB

I just spent the last 15 minutes to see if Wylie was hired by the Packers...they haven't hired anyone as of yet.

Where are you getting Swapped OL coaches, did I miss something, educate me???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
L
Legend
Legend
L

I can't find the initial link, but i remember seeing and checking his wiki and it has it there

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Wylie

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: leadtheway

I can't find the initial link, but i remember seeing and checking his wiki and it has it there

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Wylie

We all know Wikipedia is an impeccable source. I have seen nothing linking Wylie to the Packers.

Legend
Legend
I thought I read that the Packers promoted their assistant OL coach.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ve-coordinator/

The Jaguars have a lot of work to do when it comes to putting together the right personnel to run their offense in 2019 and it appears they’ve settled on their choice of a coach to put that offense in place.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the team is expected to hire former Vikings offensive coordinator John DeFilippo as their offensive coordinator. Current Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett was fired from that job during the 2018 and quarterbacks coach Scott Milanovich filled in on an interim basis.

DeFilippo also interviewed with the Cardinals about their coordinator vacancy, but the Jaguars job offers a chance to call plays that doesn’t exist in Arizona as head coach Kliff Kingsbury will be handling those duties.

DeFilippo was fired by the Vikings with three games left in the 2018 season after continued complaints from Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer about the team’s lack of a consistent running game. The Jaguars have running backs Leonard Fournette and Carlos Hyde on hand, but it remains to be seen who will be playing quarterback after Blake Bortles was benched during the season.

One option could be Nick Foles, who played for DeFilippo when DeFilippo was the Eagles quarterbacks coach in 2017 and could be on the move this offseason.

There are also needs for more production at receiver and on the offensive line, so there’s still things to fall into place before there will be a clear idea of what Jacksonville’s offense will look like next season.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Flip got fired because he didn’t run the ball enough in Minnesota. . . so the Jaguars hire him?

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Gary Kubiak won't be the Broncos' offensive coordinator.

The Broncos and Kubiak went different directions a mere 24 hours after the two sides agreed he would be calling offensive plays. Kubiak reportedly had different ideas on staffing and offensive philosophies, which led him to opt out of his new role entirely. Denver had previously blocked teams from interviewing Kubiak, so he'll likely have interested suitors as early as this weekend.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Jan 11 - 4:16 PM

And Kubiak winds up at Minnesota as an Offensive Analyst. Ha. I think his son is going to be the QB coach also.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum NFL Coaching news II

Link Copied to Clipboard