Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

You are the one making assumptions about Trump's and Buffet's tax returns - where you have less than an assumption as to the reality there.

Yet Trump is the only one to hide his tax returns from the American people in over 50 years. Hmmmmm... One helluva long audit isn't it?

smile

And Buffet?

Warren Buffet himself stated that he paid a lower tax rate than his secretary. In 2010 he claimed his tax rate was 17.4%. Much like I've been stating that the uber rich and large corporations pay. Not the crazy 36% rate stated that the GOP uses to try and claim that's what they pay and carry a huge tax burden.

Well, that was before the Trump tax cuts. Obviously they average paying even less than 17% now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A family of four that makes $105,000 in wages a year has a federal tax liability of $4,000 after credits.

A family of four that makes $505,000 a year in wages has a federal tax liability of $121,000.

Both families drive on the same roads and get the same services from the government. If that's not obscene, I don't know what is.

You know Trump & Buffet? Interesting. I know you realize how few people are in that bucket. Loopholes? No...it's called capital gains taxes. Do you know what would be the capital gains tax rate for the above two families?

20% for the second family...0% for the first family.

Lets start by saying I think your numbers are spot on for the two families.

I have seen road use as an argument for a flatter tax structure, but I disagree because of scarcity of resources. Put simply, $1000 for the first family is worth about 4.8X compared the second family on a linear intrinsic basis. That family simply has less money. To use a real life example, my oven glass door broke last night. Freak occurrence. I'm now out of pocket $1800. A bummer? yes. But if I was making half of what I make now, which I did at one point in the past, I'd be much more upset about it. Because that $1800 had a much higher intrinsic value then as compared to now. Today, I can make up the loss much more quickly and not let it be nothing more than a small speed bump in my overall financial picture. As a taxpayer I want high quality roads and infrastructure, and as a highly compensated individual I am willing to accept my share in that solution as being more. I don't think it's fair that my past self who made significantly less money should pay just as much as my current self. My past self needs the money more because he has less of it. Just my 2c using a personal example. Replace my past self with someone on fixed income or someone at or below median income if you prefer.

Unrelated but since you brought it up: why is the long term cap gains rate not 15% for the first family? I thought long term cap gains was capped at 78,750 for married couples. You're the tax preparer so I'm assuming I'm missing something here.

#gmstrong
gage #1591295 02/11/19 01:20 PM
F
Legend
Legend
F
$1800 for the door, I'd just by a new oven. smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh yea, we bought a new oven. That one wasn't terribly old but never heated things evenly anyway...

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
The assumptions you used - whether real life examples or otherwise - are type of income, deductions, dependents, previous tax credits etc - there maybe more .... were they 100% equal for both families? If not then the example while relevant and insightful would not be apples to apples.

As for trump and warren - I think it was you that noted what a large % of tax is paid by the wealthiest section of society - so their examples are relevant. And while Trump hasn't made his returns public ... I am more than happy to assume he pays a comparatively low % of income tax because he would use all the same advantages Warren uses .... if you want to claim this is an unreasonable assumption and you think Trump pays a high % of tax, make your case. Using a well founded and educated assumption isn't unreasonable.

As for what I wrote - it says what I meant perfectly. Don't blame me for your comprehension. I don't know if you were speed reading or on a phone or whatever ... but my comment is structurally and grammatically correct.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I'm still waiting for my etrade tax documents, but I'm looking at about $500 due this year ($7k refund last year), and $500 due at state level ($2k refund last year). And this includes earning less money than last year and adjusting my W4s to take more out.

Single, without kids, upper middle class in a high cost state apparently what the government doesn't want.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Quote:
Here's what I'd look at, and you may be saying the same thing. Add together the extra money you received during the year and your refund, if it's a bigger number than your total tax refund from previous years, maybe you got a tax cut. If it isn't, you may have gotten scammed
That still doesn't get the same picture lol.

You have to look at the TOTAL amount of taxes you OWED last year. Not your refund, not what was taken out of your check. What your TAX LIABILITY was LAST YEAR.

Then, take a look at THIS years TAX LIBABILITY, and compare the two.

IF you had LESS a tax liability - you benefited. Even if you get less back as a refund.

If you had a LARGER tax liability - you did not benefit.

The reason the way you are saying to do it doesn't show the correct picture, is because your TAX liability should be different from the two years. So the amounts you paid/received back would be different between the two years as well. So you just cant do it that way to get the correct picture.

Your TAX LIABILITY is what you owed in TAXES for the year.

Your refund/amount due, has nothing to do with what YOU OWED to the US Government for the two years.

The point of a tax cut is to LOWER your TAX LIABILITY, not increase your refund.

Example... If you made $50k in 2017 and you paid $5,000 in Fed Tax... And this year you earned $50k and you paid more, the tax break wasn't a tax break., if you paid less, you got a tax break.... I get that. (total dumb numbers, just an example)

I'm just saying that that if they lured you into thinking that the tax cut was working for you by increasing your take home, then lowering your refund on the same number, you got scammed unless it works out to be the same.

Last edited by Damanshot; 02/11/19 03:36 PM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
gage #1591364 02/11/19 03:36 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
1800 for an oven, what are you Chef Jonathon?

Legend
Legend
Gordon Ramsay!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My wife wanted another double oven range... my wallet looked sad but agreed. She cooks all the time and does use the feature all the time.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
What tax return??? I OWE the IRS for 2018. Do you want to pay that for me brownie

Screw them bro. The POTUS doesn’t even pay any taxes. Stiff em. Besides the gov’t is shutting down again soon. tongue

I bet they are open before April 14th when I file laugh

I’ll take that bet.

https://www.cleveland.com/nation/2019/02...t-shutdown.html

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
gage #1591621 02/12/19 09:49 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: gage
Unrelated but since you brought it up: why is the long term cap gains rate not 15% for the first family? I thought long term cap gains was capped at 78,750 for married couples. You're the tax preparer so I'm assuming I'm missing something here.

The top capital gains rate went up to 20% a few years ago.

mgh888 #1591629 02/12/19 10:11 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: mgh888
The assumptions you used - whether real life examples or otherwise - are type of income, deductions, dependents, previous tax credits etc - there maybe more .... were they 100% equal for both families? If not then the example while relevant and insightful would not be apples to apples.

I gave you the number of family members (aka dependents) and the income earned (meaning wages). No capital gains or tax in that example for either family. Both took the standard deduction. I have already posted that family #1 received tax credits that aren't available to family #2 due to family #2 making too much money. The only things not 100% equal are income, tax liability and tax credits.

Quote:
As for trump and warren - I think it was you that noted what a large % of tax is paid by the wealthiest section of society - so their examples are relevant.

I don't believe either guy has EARNED income. It is likely ALL capital gains income. (Trump donates - or doesn't take - his Presidential salary.) How could their tax situation be even close to relevant in this discussion? How many people do you think fit that description above?

Quote:
And while Trump hasn't made his returns public ... I am more than happy to assume he pays a comparatively low % of income tax because he would use all the same advantages Warren uses .... if you want to claim this is an unreasonable assumption and you think Trump pays a high % of tax, make your case. Using a well founded and educated assumption isn't unreasonable.

Did you know that Trump released his personal financial statement ((PFS)? You will learn a lot more from a PFS than from a tax return. Do you think many Americans would understand his tax return? Many don't even understand their OWN tax return.

Quote:
As for what I wrote - it says what I meant perfectly. Don't blame me for your comprehension. I don't know if you were speed reading or on a phone or whatever ... but my comment is structurally and grammatically correct.

Here is what you wrote:

Those that I know personally pay the least as a % of their income, like Trump and Buffet - they take advantage of loopholes and end up paying comparatively little. I don't blame them, anyone would do the same.

Here is what you meant:

Those that I know personally pay the least as a % of their income. Like Trump and Buffet - they take advantage of loopholes and end up paying comparatively little. I don't blame them, anyone would do the same.

Pesky paragraph when a period was more appropriate.

Do you see the tax returns of those people you know? What type of income do they have? Earned or investment?

Swish #1591632 02/12/19 10:15 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Swish
oh my income increased. im not really whining about paying more in taxes, as i like paying taxes, just wished it was spent better.

im just laughing at all the trump supporters on social media who are whining about their bill going up, while the super wealthy got huge savings. everyone saw it coming except trump supporters.

So you joined the fray to tell everyone that your tax bill went up...without also telling us that your income also went up. Classic.

As to your second paragraph, that is not what happened for 2/3 of the population. As I have stated before, I am amazed at how un-knowing "people" are about their tax situation. But by golly, they want to see Trump's tax return. rofl

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Did you know that Trump released his personal financial statement ((PFS)? You will learn a lot more from a PFS than from a tax return. Do you think many Americans would understand his tax return? Many don't even understand their OWN tax return.

Then if we wouldn't understand it anyway, why not release them? I mean, he said he would,,, what's he hiding.

By the way, I don't need to understand them, the forensic accountants at the FBI will do that and report what they find.

Bad things=Trump in trouble
Good things=Trump not in trouble.

Can't get easier than that.

I'm convinced that he won't release them on his own.. he worried about what they'll find.

Oh, for the record, being audited is not a good excuse to anyone with a brain.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Damanshot #1591635 02/12/19 10:19 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Daman,

There is a line on your tax return that says:

This is your total tax.

That is the number you need to study. Better yet, take your 2017 income numbers and plug them into the 2018 tax software you use. Then compare the "total tax" computed on each return.

That's essentially what I did last year on every return I prepared...where 90% fared better under the new law. (The software includes a feature that did that for me.)

Legend
Legend
Ok,, but what about him releasing his tax return? Do you have anything to say about his unwillingness to do so and to also lie about being audited as the reason?

again, what's he hiding.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Damanshot #1591638 02/12/19 10:26 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Quote:

Then if we wouldn't understand it anyway, why not release them? I mean, he said he would,,, what's he hiding.

By the way, I don't need to understand them, the forensic accountants at the FBI will do that and report what they find.

Bad things=Trump in trouble
Good things=Trump not in trouble.

Can't get easier than that.

I'm convinced that he won't release them on his own.. he worried about what they'll find.

Oh, for the record, being audited is not a good excuse to anyone with a brain.

I'm not going down that rabbit hole very far. Trump is (or was) being audited. If he is doing anything illegal, the IRS will find it. If the findings are egregious-enough, the case will be referred to the FBI. The FBI won't/wouldn't get involved until the IRS brought them in as a result of their audit.

The tax return release "issue" is nothing but political theater and - if released - political fodder.

You can have the debate on Trump's tax return in this thread. I'm trying to get people to better understand their tax liability and how the new law affects them.

Legend
Legend
LOL Run don't walk.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Damanshot #1591642 02/12/19 10:31 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Ok,, but what about him releasing his tax return? Do you have anything to say about his unwillingness to do so and to also lie about being audited as the reason?

again, what's he hiding.

I'm not into derailing the thread here. I have no idea why he won't release his return. If I cared, I'd study his PFS instead. There is already a government agency charged with verifying the accuracy of income tax returns. I have no idea if he is hiding anything...that is the job of the IRS.

FWIW, I doubt I could make much sense of his tax returns and I do that for a living. If he releases his tax returns without the supporting documents, what do you think would/could be "found"? A math error? His PFS will show his income...his tax return will show his tax. The income - and the source of the income - is what matters...and that would be found on the PFS.

Damanshot #1591643 02/12/19 10:33 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
LOL Run don't walk.

From/to what?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
LOL Run don't walk.

From/to what?
Am I the only one that noticed once Tax Liability was explained, the conversation went straight to Trump?

Why are we focusing on Trump for a thread about Tax Time??

Everything you have stated in regards to Tax returns and Tax liability to the best of my knowledge, is spot on. I am not a tax professional, however I do my own and being in the financial industry I see quite a bit of them when processing loans, verifying income, etc.

FYI - since we are so worried about Trump. A tax return shows how much income is reported. It DOES NOT SHOW where that income came from. A financial statement details where what income came from what source. To those who think Trumps tax returns are going to show that Russia sent him millions of dollars, it wont - even if they did.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I do appreciate the response.

When it comes to the tax rate on the wealthiest - and your previous quote (I'm going from memory - don't shoot me) that the top 10% pay 70% of either all tax or income tax ...... I do think that looking at the 10% and the 1% is worthwhile. If the top 10% have more than 70% of the wealth/income/increase in net worth why wouldn't they pay at least that much? And in every country I know - there is a sliding scale and as your income increases (from whatever source) more you pay more tax up to a threshold. That threshold and what's reasonable can be hotly debated.

As for my sentence and how you rewrote it - that would be one way to make it clearer. Another would be to accentuate the difference between the two groups and add the word 'just' ... Those that I know personally pay the least as a % of their income, just like Trump and Buffet - they take advantage of loopholes and end up paying comparatively little.

Last edited by mgh888; 02/12/19 11:22 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
LOL Run don't walk.

From/to what?

Really, you don't understand that? Really

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
LOL Run don't walk.

From/to what?
Am I the only one that noticed once Tax Liability was explained, the conversation went straight to Trump?

Everything you have stated in regards to Tax returns and Tax liability to the best of my knowledge, is spot on. I am not a tax professional, however I do my own and being in the financial industry I see quite a bit of them when processing loans, verifying income, etc.

FYI - since we are so worried about Trump. A tax return shows how much income is reported. It DOES NOT SHOW where that income came from. A financial statement details where what income came from what source. To those who think Trumps tax returns are going to show that Russia sent him millions of dollars, it wont - even if they did.

Did you notice who I responded to when HE brought up about Trumps Taxes? Did you miss that.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Damanshot #1591690 02/12/19 11:56 AM
F
Legend
Legend
F

again, what's he hiding.

Tax Returns are considered private and protected by law as such, so he has no legal reason to do so. Just because people want him to , does not mean he has to.
I would not have thought any different for anyone, president or not, I don't understand what people think they will find out by seeing the tax returns. As WSU said, we wouldn't understand what we were looking at anyway. People would focus on the final dollar amount, without knowing how they got to that number.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Damanshot #1591694 02/12/19 11:59 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
LOL Run don't walk.

From/to what?

Did you notice who I responded to when HE brought up about Trumps Taxes? Did you miss that.
Nope, I saw you whine about trump/buffets tax returns, when you were told by someone who is much more versed on the subject, what is more important.

A fact that has been stated multiple times on these boards. Yet you still cry foul about something that honestly is not important. You already proved you don't know the different between tax refund and tax liability, so what are you going to explain to the rest of us about the returns he would release?

And if I am not mistaken, there were returns released previously showing he paid MORE TAXES than Bernie. Weird.

I don't know if Trump is dirty. Honestly, I assume ALL BILLIONARES have some feet in the mud. Warren Buffett, Jeff Bezos, and the above mentioned Trump as well at one point or another.

But a tax return will not show that. It will only show the number he received in income, hit tax liability, etc. It wont show where the income came from as far as if it was Russia, China, etc.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I was asking about the 0% rate, not the 20%. I know the 20% rate applies to married filing jointly past $479k. I was under the impression that 15% applied to those filers who were in the 22% bracket or higher, at least up until the 20% bracket takes over.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan

again, what's he hiding.

Tax Returns are considered private and protected by law as such, so he has no legal reason to do so. Just because people want him to , does not mean he has to.
I would not have thought any different for anyone, president or not, I don't understand what people think they will find out by seeing the tax returns. As WSU said, we wouldn't understand what we were looking at anyway. People would focus on the final dollar amount, without knowing how they got to that number.

For 40 or so years, every presidential candidate has provided them.. Trump himself said he would, then lied and said he was under audit so he couldn't. Yes he could have.

he just doesn't want to... What's he hiding

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Sounds like you are somewhat of an expert? Or more knowledgeable than most?

If so - can you let me know - out of the total sum of tax that was cut/not collected as a result of the tax cut(I've read the total is over $1 trillion - I have no idea if that's correct). . . . of that total - what % went to the poorest 20% of the countries tax payers? What % went to the middle 20% and what % went to the top 5% ? I'm interested to see the $$ benefit to each bracket, I think that would be interesting and telling.

There are a lot of different sites that show graphs of "Who pays the income tax" and over several years. I've not seen the numbers you requested yet, however, the top 10% of income earners pay approx 70% of the income tax collected. The bottom 50% of income earners pay approx 3% of the taxes collected. Percentages also typically show that 40-45% of Americans do not pay any income tax.

The bottom 20% certainly pay no income taxes and likely get more back in a refund than they paid in - meaning a negative tax liability (often refereed to as welfare in the tax code). Since you cannot cut below zero, they did not benefit from a tax cut. When there is a tax CUT, it is only logical that those who pay the most get the biggest cut in $$$ paid in.

I'm a CPA and I do Accounting & Tax work for a living. I don't have many clients in the top 10%, but the ones who are pay an obscene amount of federal income taxes.

There is a very limited number of people who did not benefit from the tax cut as I mentioned above and as GM mentioned also...yet there are a TON of people spouting off about how they - and the middle class - got screwed and that there taxes went up...which is ridiculous.

So the fabulously wealthy pay the most tax? And the poor pay the least tax - or they gain a net benefit from taxes? Hmmmm - I wonder why that would be? The way you wrote it those facts was almost as if you thought it was unfair? Like when you used the word 'obscene' ...

As for the wealthiest people paying obscene tax ? I disagree. Those that I know personally pay the least as a % of their income, like Trump and Buffet - they take advantage of loopholes and end up paying comparatively little. I don't blame them, anyone would do the same.

I'd be interested to compare how much the wealthiest 10% or 15% in the USA pay in tac versus the rest of the 1st worrld / industrialized nations. My guess would be they are toward the lower 1/3 ??? An initial google search seemed to hit only corporate tax comparisons.

A family of four that makes $105,000 in wages a year has a federal tax liability of $4,000 after credits.

A family of four that makes $505,000 a year in wages has a federal tax liability of $121,000.

Both families drive on the same roads and get the same services from the government. If that's not obscene, I don't know what is.

You know Trump & Buffet? Interesting. I know you realize how few people are in that bucket. Loopholes? No...it's called capital gains taxes. Do you know what would be the capital gains tax rate for the above two families?

20% for the second family...0% for the first family.

Fairness is never based in reality, but it is how people perceive reality. There is no such thing in nature, as 'fair', it is a concept that humans apply to situations, like all other ontological concepts, it's extremely subjective with just the slight anchor to reality. To give a quick example, saying something is fair, is like saying something is beautiful, it 100% is only beautiful to the eye of the beholder. You ask someone else, they may say it looks like a baboon's arse.

Fairness is often brought up in the tax code along with the idea of a flat tax, because people think that's the most fair. However, it ignores how different people make their money, but most importantly, what our government spends money on. To quickly point out how ridiculous the idea of 'fair' and 'obscene' in your example, take the disabled person who cannot leave their house. Whether they're a cripple or have agoraphobia, the specifics don't matter for the example, however we know that the person can't leave their house. Should they be taxed for roads they can't use? Federal Parks they can't play in? Schools that they don't use? Well, under the idea of fairness, they probably should not. If someone doesn't use something, they shouldn't have to pay for it, goes conventional wisdom. Should there be an agoraphobia tax break?

Finally though, the idea of fairness in the tax code is bonkers, because it ignores how the US spends its money. The majority of the federal spending goes to military, which goes to pay for all the bases, weapons, vehicles, salaries, the yada yadas, and so on. Now who gets more of a benefit from our military state? The average person in middle America who works for an American company that only does business in the Americas. Or the fortune 500 executives who oversee a global business where military force is often used to keep global employees in line. Who benefited more from the war against terror, oil companies or guys like me and you, who have never been threatened by Muslims extremists and literally don't have to worry about them every day? I do agree that we should make our tax code work for everyone instead of the select few, which is why I've always been in favor of taxing companies more as well as those within the top 3% the most. I'm curious, and of course, you don't have to disclose, but do you do any taxes for anyone in the top 3% of earners? What have their taxes looked like compared to the average American?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

This is a comment by WSU that I was responding to.. Nothing else.. That's the comment that took us down this rabbit hole.. That's a move off topic, but I didn't make that move, I responded to it.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
As far as Netflix is concerned, I also have no idea why they should ever pay taxes under any iteration or version of our recent tax bills. We'll have to completely change how we think of ecommerce before they should ever have to pay taxes.

P
Legend
Legend
P
But by golly, they want to see Trump's tax return. rofl

I understand why some think trying to hold Trump to the same standard as every president over the past 50 years seems so unfair. It's called partisanship.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
CHSDawg #1591757 02/12/19 01:57 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
To answer your last question(s). I do not have any clients in the top 3% of earners or income. However, if they have earned income and are in that 3%, there are no magical loopholes or tax breaks that open up for them that would not open for family #2 in my example...meaning there aren't any new breaks for that group...only higher marginal tax rates.

FWIW, the rest of your last post is very reasonable and I agree with most of it...maybe all of it actually. However, my reference to obscene and/or fair circles back to my point of 'how much more paid in is enough'?

If a family that paid in $120,000 in federal taxes now pays in $105,000 due to the tax breaks, that doesn't mean they aren't still paying in an awful lot of $$$. Of my higher, taxpaying clients...far and away the majority are ok with paying more - and paying at higher rates even - but they've had enough of politicians making them out to be evil and making them out to be people who 'don't pay any (or enough) taxes'. Hence my (and their) question of how-much-is-enough?

PitDAWG #1591759 02/12/19 02:00 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
But by golly, they want to see Trump's tax return. rofl

I understand why some think trying to hold Trump to the same standard as every president over the past 50 years seems so unfair. It's called partisanship.

Another rabbit hole I won't go down. Your point doesn't change the fact that people who can't understand their own return will not gleen anything of value from a return like Trump's surely is.

It's political theater and fodder...but is better than focusing on the new jobs, unemployment rate, the economy etc. rolleyes

Legend
Legend
Your posts have been very informative and interesting.

A far cry from the usual monkeys throwing their poop around here.

Thanks! thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again, those who support him do not feel he should be held to the same standard as every president for the past 60 years. And they have a myriad of excuses for it.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
A far cry from the usual monkeys throwing their poop around here.Thanks! thumbsup

So which one are you? Hear no evil, speak no evil or see no evil?

#gmstrong
gage #1591806 02/12/19 03:45 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: gage

I was asking about the 0% rate, not the 20%. I know the 20% rate applies to married filing jointly past $479k. I was under the impression that 15% applied to those filers who were in the 22% bracket or higher, at least up until the 20% bracket takes over.

This site has a good table...remember...it's based on taxable income...not total income or adjusted gross income.

PitDAWG #1591810 02/12/19 03:53 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Once again, those who support him do not feel he should be held to the same standard as every president for the past 60 years. And they have a myriad of excuses for it.

I already know Trump is a very wealthy person. I've looked at his PFS. I'm not going to gain any new, valuable insight by seeing his tax return. Maybe you will...I don't know.

I don't have an excuse, I just don't care to waste the time complaining about not seeing something I won't look at anyway...and especially so if it were something I wouldn't understand anyway.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Its Tax Time

Link Copied to Clipboard