Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Camp fodder.

If we not had signed Perriman when we did I think Strong was on our list. If reversed and we just signed Perriman I'm sure your reaction would have been the same. Perriman oh just camp fodder.

I would like to give Dorsey the credit he deserves.

Just in case Perriman's Agent which we know he probably will, just in case he goes $$$ crazy in his demands. We now have Strong for the same WR that we saw in Perriman.

oh not sure if posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwvs1bOz4wY

also from the draft stuff:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jaelen-strong?id=2552463

Why he was available, injury

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2750942-jaelen-strong-knee-injury-diagnosed-as-torn-acl

He did not play with any team in 2018 I can only ASSume he healed up and did his Rehab.

so the comment of Camp Fodder I'm not quite sure is where we are at with him.

Is this Dorsey and staff doing their Homework:

He is 6'2" 217 lbs. Just turned 25 so is young.
his 40 time for the 2015 draft was 4.44 and his vertical leap 42 inches.

If this kid has hands and is not dumb as a door knob. The million dollar question will be - has he recovered. Did he do his work and in some cases because of the hard work is in better conditioning then he was prior to the injury.

So if you ask me this kid has hands...who needs Perriman.
And if we sign Perriman. They will compete.

So for me its, what is his health now and is he in NFL playing condition. This kid is a NO RISK, HIGH REWARD kid.

Love his back shoulder ability and didn't see a bobble in his catches with the hands (a tell tell sign that I look for to signify hands that are not good) Notice Little and Quincy both would bobble almost all catches with the hands.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Can only think of 3 words to say.

BRING BACK WILLIES!

Not sure I understand the Willies love. I'm interested in seeing him again but i'm not banking on him for anything. The hype reminds me of jordan leslie or darrin chiaverini.

Josh Lenz.

Forgot to mention Taylor Gabriel and Willie Snead.

Legend
Legend

Dorsey is right once again.

He doesn't miss an opportunity to upgrade the team.

Robinson, Perriman, Hunt, Strong. Guys he just went and got.

Both Perriman and Robinson played major roles in the success the Browns had last year.

Hunt and Strong are guys who have talent. Now it is a matter of seeing what they do with the opportunity.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Does anyone think that signing of Strong is an indicator of Dorsey not believing he can re-sign Perriman?

I suspect that he's just another guy Dorsey feels can help. We are going to pile up bodies of varying ability, and he is just one more player in the WR room.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I would also be curious to see just what kind of contract he signed.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Or Seth Devalve. Or Corey Coleman. Or Kenny Britt. Or Ricardo Louis. Or Jordan Payton.

Devalve doesn't fit your piece there as all others are no longer on our Roster.

Oh also on your suggestion about thinking that Dorsey can't sign Perriman so possibly this is why we signed Strong.

Good heads up.

Although I think its more taking away any NEED that Perriman's agent might present. As in if we are told take it or leave it.
We tell Perriman (who I think genuinely wishes to be here) Ok we will LEAVE IT.

Dorsey is amazing and this was a good pick up. He might be better than Perriman of course we have to wait and see how hard this kid worked over the year to get back to NFL shape and sometimes those that do, come back better than before.

jmho and HOPE wink

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
I believe that Louis is still on the roster, having spent last year on IR.

Legend
Legend
Well, Dorsey was with the Chiefs then so maybe he saw something he liked in college..

Here's the thing, I really trust Dorsey,, Look no further than Perriman as an example of plucking someone that nobody thought was worth anything. Or how he somehow found a way to look past the domestic violence issues with Tyreek Hill and how that worked out. He's doing it again with Hunt.

He seems to do this very well,, picking guys up that have issues or have had issues.... Then they seem to play well and stay clean..

Like I said, I trust him

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I believe that Louis is still on the roster, having spent last year on IR.

LOL. Facts.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Does anyone think that signing of Strong is an indicator of Dorsey not believing he can re-sign Perriman?

I sincerely doubt it. My money is on it being completely unrelated. I think it is simply scouring the depths of what is out there in the way of young players with upside that are currently out of work; guys that we can bring in now, before the real free agency begins.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good lottery ticket signing.

We are a team full of slot WR types and Strong has the size/speed for the outside. He's been constantly injured and hasn't been able to develop because of it. WR's typically take a couple of years at least and he hasn't been healthy for an entire season. Dorsey could also be hedging his bets just in case he can't sign Perriman. If he comes to camp at anything close to that 4.4 speed at his size, it's then just a matter of figuring out how coach-able he is to stash on the roster.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Dorsey could also be hedging his bets just in case he can't sign Perriman.

Agreed.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't know that the signing of Strong is in any way associated with Perriman. The two are certainly totally different types of WR's. While they both have some size, Strong is a much more physical style of WR. The 50/50 jump ball style of WR that is a dimension we lack. Perriman is faster and from a speed perspective they are very different.

I'm not sure that Strong will even work out. But some of us have been saying for a while that the physical WR is the one dimension we lack. I've never advocated we spend a high draft pick to address that but that we certainly need to. To me Strong may end up adding that dimension and really doesn't impact the role that a WR like Perriman serves.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
How that dude has a job doing this is beyond me ... he stunk for well over a decade at least ...

Legend
Legend
I really liked Strong coming out of college.. I have to admit to not knowing a whole lot of his career since he got into the NFL, other than I watch a fair amount of football and haven't heard anything about him, so I'll assume that's not good.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
There's a receiver on the Bears who was talked up around here several years ago, Kevin White. Man, his career has turned into a big nothing thus far .... 2 leg fractures and a shoulder injury .... followed by being a healthy scratch late this season.

I know that several guys here really liked him in the 2015 draft. He's a guy I might be interested in as an injury reclamation.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not saying this is true, but it seems to me that Grossi made that comment because he would be able to talk members of the Browns staff directly and listen to why they brought Strong in.

Think about it for a minute.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Wow! That is pathetic!

It's so bad, I didn't believe it at first because I thought no one is that dumb.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Grossi makes Stephen A look like the Schwab.

Legend
Legend
I am not saying this is true, but it seems to me that Grossi made that comment because he would be able to talk members of the Browns staff directly and listen to why they brought Strong in.

Think about it for a minute.

That was actually what I thought as well.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Wow! That is pathetic!

It's so bad, I didn't believe it at first because I thought no one is that dumb.

To be fair, I thought it was a sick burn on how he doesn't have any sources left in Berea.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

I guess Grossi has an appointment with Adam Henry there...lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

M
Legend
Legend
M
I like the signing - there is only upside at little to no cost.

The Grosi bashing ... meh - You have to take him for what he's worth. It's like going to watch Ghost Busters at the movies and complaining it's not Shakespeare. And I don't believe for a second he doesn't know who Jalen Strong is.

Last edited by mgh888; 02/24/19 05:22 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Sign WR Jaelen Strong

Link Copied to Clipboard