Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I have to say, I love the steelers getting owned in this trade, but I also worry.

This dude acted like an idiot, acted like a baby, and acted like a complete narcissistic nutjob, and yet he was able to get every. single. thing. he wanted.

he was traded, got more money, and got to go where he wanted. I remember when players started doing this type of thing in the NBA. I hope the NFL really squashes this type of thing.

Legend
Legend
I don't doubt if the Steelers draft a RB to go with Conner. Samuels is just serviceable

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Samuels is real good .... i think he has more potential than Conner does ... he was a TE in college for most of his career I believe ... he has physical skills u can’t teach ...

Connor is good ... but IMO Samuels has a higher cieling ....

Right now, neither of them is Bell ... and thats a good thing ... thumbsup

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Legend
Legend
AB is one of the biggest jerks I've seen

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
What did he say about Juju?

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Emotion: boy fumbled the whole post season in the biggest game of year ! Everyone went blind to busy making guys famous not enough reality these days ! 🤙🏾 by the way check the list

He also said something a week or so ago about not listening to a guy who hasn't got paid right after JuJu said he loved playing w/Big Ben.

AB has been a total ass throughout the course of this debacle. JuJu is actually a good, solid kid.

Legend
Legend
Can’t help but root for a guy like that...

...to drop off the face of the Earth.

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Honestly, I have no idea what the flip AB is even trying to say.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I get that AB forced his way out of Pittsburgh because his "guaranteed money" was gone and that he wanted more money---especially the guaranteed money.

However, once he got out of town..........he should have stopped w/the bashing of his former team. He should have said stuff that made him look more contrite. I'm not saying he should have kissed their asses, but he could have said that he could have handled things better and that he is thankful to the Steelers organization, Mike Tomlin, etc. The NFL is a tough business, especially for minority coaches. He didn't do his "brother" any favors w/all of that drama. He should have manned up just a bit.

I am not a fan of selfish players who throw shade at other people that could potentially cost their victims money.

Legend
Legend
Shoulda, shoulda, shoulda... that's AB's middle name... at least when he's not on the field. Dude is a legitimate basket case.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think the shot was intended more at the Steelers than at Juju. Juju just kind of got caught in the crossfire.

One receiver had 15 receiving TDs, the other had 7. Calling the one with 7 the team's MVP seems a bit disingenuous.

Juju did have more yards, but AB would seem to have been the player other teams were more worried about most of the time.

Not to say taking it out on Juju was the right thing to do. The Steelers trying to sweep what he had done under the rug probably made him PO'ed, though. AB is kind of a narcissist. He has a slight point, though. He had more impact, and he didn't fumble away the ball in the game that knocked them out of the playoffs like the alleged MVP.

Juju could very well be their MVP moving forward. To say he was it last year? Kind of feels like the Steelers were trying to poke AB.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think you are mistaken. The tweet about JuJu's fumble that cost the Steelers a game was a clear shot at the latter. So were the comments to not listen to the guy who hasn't been paid yet. That is JuJu.

AB is an ass!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think you are mistaken. The tweet about JuJu's fumble that cost the Steelers a game was a clear shot at the latter. So were the comments to not listen to the guy who hasn't been paid yet. That is JuJu.

AB is an ass!

Agreed with the last part.

The shot definitely hit Juju, I just think he was more incredulous that the Steelers didn't name him the MVP (there goes the narcissism). His intention was to say the Steelers were blind for naming Juju over him. Juju is just the kid taking flak in the middle of the messy divorce. (The Steelers probably put him up to commenting on AB as part of their "argument" in the court of public opinion or at least let him get caught in between the two sides)

AB is definitely a mess off the field. But he basically scored a TD every game he played in last year. Juju is good. I'm not sure he's on that level yet.

AB definitely could have gone about it better. The Steelers kind of put Juju in the middle, though.

I know they're trying to move forward and put AB in the rear view, so naming him the MVP would be an unpleasant reminder. Naming his "underling," though?

I can see trying to make Juju the face of the franchise, too. He seems a likeable guy. They should know by now that AB has no chill, though.

Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
AB is one of the top 3 WRs in the NFL in my--and many other's --opinion.

However, more goes into being a team's MVP than talent. JuJu is a great teammate and AB wasn't. I'm sure the players intended to send a message when they voted on the team's MVP.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
AB is one of the top 3 WRs in the NFL in my--and many other's --opinion.

However, more goes into being a team's MVP than talent. JuJu is a great teammate and AB wasn't. I'm sure the players intended to send a message when they voted on the team's MVP.

Apparently, one of those things is spite. Not that I can blame them. AB isn't particularly likeable.

I guess MVP has become more and more of a popularity contest all over the place. It shouldn't surprise me here. (And doesn't really.) AB's response probably shouldn't surprise anyone, either, particularly if sending a message was part of the team's intent.

I wonder if naming Juju MVP gives him any leverage in contract negotiations. The V is for Valuable.

Is this how the dynasty dies?

Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I like your response but I don't get this paragraph:

Quote:

I guess MVP has become more and more of a popularity contest all over the place. It shouldn't surprise me here. (And doesn't really.) AB's response probably shouldn't surprise anyone, either, particularly if sending a message was part of the team's intent.

Football is a team game. Having a player who cares more about himself than the team is not conducive to winning. There are plenty of selfish players in the league. AB was always kind of a diva, but he worked his ass off and produced huge numbers. He's a great WR. One of the best ever. But man, when you purposely create dissension w/in the ranks, you are not the team's MVP. And that is why he wsn't the MVP last year. I bet he might have been the MVP in the past.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like your response but I don't get this paragraph:

Quote:

Football is a team game. Having a player who cares more about himself than the team is not conducive to winning. There are plenty of selfish players in the league. AB was always kind of a diva, but he worked his ass off and produced huge numbers. He's a great WR. One of the best ever. But man, when you purposely create dissension w/in the ranks, you are not the team's MVP. And that is why he wsn't the MVP last year. I bet he might have been the MVP in the past.

I'm fine with AB not being the MVP. I agree with what you are saying. Juju just somewhat feels like he was picked because he's the opposite of AB character-wise rather than what he did on the field. I'm not sure who I would name MVP, but half the TDs and a fumble in the biggest game would make me a bit hesitant.

Struggling to find an MVP for the Steelers is actually kind of nice as a Browns fan.

As for the 2nd half of what I said. AB thinking AB should have been the MVP is pretty in character, I think.

Fiercely Independent.
F
Legend
Legend
F
Debating the merits of a Steelers team MVP on a Browns message board, just something you don't see everyday. wink

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Imagine having just paid this guy a crapton of money to be the faced of your franchise.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: BpG
Imagine having just paid this guy a crapton of money to be the faced of your franchise.

I think they're hoping to draft the face of the franchise. Too bad for Gruden, it sounds like Arizona is gonna draft him 1st.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

This is the moment I lost any respect for Antonio Brown.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Funny I never had any for him to begin with.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
BTW AB if your so vain you read other teams message boards bring it on bro.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: FATE
Shoulda, shoulda, shoulda... that's AB's middle name... at least when he's not on the field. Dude is a legitimate basket case.

That's my read on the guy as well. Probably has some mental issues, doubt we've heard the last from him.

"Call me Mr. Big Chest!"

Legend
Legend
Looks like AB is making the bad kind of friends over his recent comments...

Reid (Houston DB)
LINK to his Tweet (it's not coming up for some reason)

"I respect his game but I can’t wait to smash this dude 😂 No need for that"

And

Weddle (BMore DB)

Last edited by Punchsmack; 04/08/19 05:32 PM.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

AB is an ass!

There is something about the position of WR that brings out the "[censored]" in guys. There are a lot of "Me, me, me." WR's out there too.

V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL.......there are. It's what makes me respect guys like Fitz and Julio even more.

And Dep...........AB is off the charts. I get going after guaranteed money even if I would never lower myself to such despicable behavior. But, guys chase money so I get it. But man, you got what you wanted, so shut your damn mouth. He is still throwing his former teammates and coaches under the bus. I think guys around the league are taking notice of what a ......... AB is.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Very talented receiver, horrible person. He really started getting unhinged in the last year with the furniture throwing incident, driving 100 mph down McKnight Road (a very busy road in Pittsburgh). I mean this sincerely, I wonder if he has had one too many concussions which changed his behavior.

The Steelers will miss his receiving talents, but I think they are way better off without him. JuJu will pick up some of the slack, and other receivers will pick up the rest. I'm glad Antonio is the Raiders' problem now.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Agreed, I think we got one of the good one's in VG as well. If I'm an NFL GM, I'm sweatin every time I'm drafting the #1 WR.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: sk8termom
Very talented receiver, horrible person. He really started getting unhinged in the last year with the furniture throwing incident, driving 100 mph down McKnight Road (a very busy road in Pittsburgh). I mean this sincerely, I wonder if he has had one too many concussions which changed his behavior.

The Steelers will miss his receiving talents, but I think they are way better off without him. JuJu will pick up some of the slack, and other receivers will pick up the rest. I'm glad Antonio is the Raiders' problem now.

Nice post, sk8. And also, screw the Steelers. wink

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

This demonstrates the difference between OBJ and Brown.

Brown acts like a baby demanding a trade, gets it and continue to rag on his former team and teammates.

OBJ never asked for a trade, but when it happened, yeahhe was understandably upset,, I get that. But still, after taking some time to reflect, he pulled himself together, came to Cleveland on the first day he could, and never, not that I've heard, trashed the Giants or any of his former teammates.

That's the difference between a man and a boy.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Holy Toledo! This isn't working out like AB thought it would.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

My impression of Brown was that he felt upstaged by Leveon Bell last year, and Bell was not even on the team. Brown was not the primary story coming out of Pittsburgh. It had always been Brown/Bell, or Bell/Brown. Last year it was all Bell, all the time, no matter what Brown did, the story was Bell is not here.

Brown is a diva. This is his way of showing Pittsburgh, the team, the organisation, the city, the fans, "Look at me. I am and should have been the story. I am the Greatest."

jmho

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: Halfback32

My impression of Brown was that he felt upstaged by Leveon Bell last year, and Bell was not even on the team. Brown was not the primary story coming out of Pittsburgh. It had always been Brown/Bell, or Bell/Brown. Last year it was all Bell, all the time, no matter what Brown did, the story was Bell is not here.

Brown is a diva. This is his way of showing Pittsburgh, the team, the organisation, the city, the fans, "Look at me. I am and should have been the story. I am the Greatest."

jmho

Antonio felt upstaged by Juju because Juju won the Steelers MVP of the year.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: sk8termom
Originally Posted By: Halfback32

jmho

Antonio felt upstaged by Juju because Juju won the Steelers MVP of the year.

He has felt upstaged by everyone. If it is not about him, he's unhappy.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
E
Legend
Legend
E
Wow...actually as much as I hate to say so the Steelers made a good deal. His peak has probably been reached and he will go downhill from here. But I didn't know he was such a Scumbag to his team. Some of the things he did was terrible.
Wish he stayed with the Steelers... wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: eotab
Wow...actually as much as I hate to say so the Steelers made a good deal. His peak has probably been reached and he will go downhill from here. But I didn't know he was such a Scumbag to his team. Some of the things he did was terrible.
Wish he stayed with the Steelers... wink
I think for the locker room yes, but I don't know how they will fare on the field without him. . . . I mean look at the last game against Cincy - they barely won the game (which was essentially a playoff game), and looked horrible on offense. Ju-Ju was nowhere to be found, and ben was lost. Against a pee poor Cincy team.

Other than Ju-Ju now, I don't see much talent at the WR position to be honest. I mean Funchess was solid pick up, but the dude is just you ordinary NFL WR. Hes nothing special. And I am not certain Ju Ju can take that next step after he is blanketed with Double Teams going forward.

Legend
Legend
I would welcome the fact that JuJu was where their highest bar is set. Real up for us this year. Ben seems to fall off, but always has had some extra for us. I badly want to play these
guys, as opposed to playing them badly, which often happened in the past. Pulling Tomlin's teeth perhaps.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Donte Montcrief will help out but he's no Antonio Brown. Hopefully James Washington picks it up and has a great year.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Antonio Brown Episode IV: A New Hope

Link Copied to Clipboard