Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Move back in to the 1st round to get Simmons...say late 20's. Our second, a 3rd, and 5th should do it.

I figure that Duke Johnson, our 2nd and the Patriots 3rd should be able to get us into to Top 10-15.

Who needs a RB??

8 Lions
9 Bills
10 Broncos
12 Packers
13 Dolphins
14 Falcons
15 Washington

Broncos, Packers, Dolphins, Skins.... ??

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 03/12/19 11:29 AM.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I think Simmons has some top talent but his bum knee scares me away from him at pick #17, if we took him in the 2nd I wouldn't have as big of a problem with him, we need #17 to play and contribute this year ...

I agree on a certain level, but at the same time, I don't really see a hole we have to fill. It's kind of eery. I don't have a position to focus on in the draft any more.

...Maybe Dorsey does like Dillard (or another OT). Robinson on the 1 year deal would fit that scenario.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
I like Tillery for everything except the questions about dedication. His concentration on football came secondary to his missionary work for 2 years at ND. His senior year he was focused on FB, but the knock was already established and could be a legitimate concern. If he's all in on FB, he could be a 2nd round steal.

Tillery is as good a pass rusher as any DT in this years Draft, so I might consider him in the first round, if like you say he is totally committed to doing what it takes to be the best he can be. Only our FO can make that determination.

The missionary thing doesn't bother me. I think football can be a good platform for that sort of calling. Also, I can't think of a better source of funding for missionary work than an NFL contract. I think it could actually be a good thing for his longevity in the league. If the missionary work is the only dedication issue, of course.

Fiercely Independent.
eotab #1601522 03/12/19 11:49 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
I’d stay away at #17 ... he’s an incredibly cerebral kid and football is not nor will it ever be his #1 priority ...

He also disappeared in to many games ... we need someone to stuff the run and thats no this game ...

LOVE the kid as he’s a better human being than football players and he’s a heck of a football player as he has mad physical skills ... he’s just not nor will he ever be a football junkie ,...

He was the #1 LT prospect coming out of HS but wanted to play DL ... he’s a pretty good DLman but too much of a risk for my blood at #17 ..

Hope i’m wrong about the kid as hes one heck of a good dude and i’ll root for good dudes every day of the week and twice on sundays ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
FYI ... Tillery didn’t do “missionary” work in the true sense of the word .... they were study abroad programs his first two years ... they did some good things while on those trips but they also did a ton of other things ...

His 3rd year he went to Tokyo to work as an intern at the stock market ...

He’s a very very interesting cat ... extremely smart and thinks for himself ...

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Move back in to the 1st round to get Simmons...say late 20's. Our second, a 3rd, and 5th should do it.

I figure that Duke Johnson, our 2nd and the Patriots 3rd should be able to get us into to Top 10-15.

Players are rarely traded on draft day.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I’d stay away at #17 ... he’s an incredibly cerebral kid and football is not nor will it ever be his #1 priority ...

He also disappeared in to many games ... we need someone to stuff the run and thats no this game ...

LOVE the kid as he’s a better human being than football players and he’s a heck of a football player as he has mad physical skills ... he’s just not nor will he ever be a football junkie ,...

He was the #1 LT prospect coming out of HS but wanted to play DL ... he’s a pretty good DLman but too much of a risk for my blood at #17 ..

Hope i’m wrong about the kid as hes one heck of a good dude and i’ll root for good dudes every day of the week and twice on sundays ...

Honestly, he kind of sounds a lot like Myles and Ogunjobi. I'm not a fan of the idea of someone being too "cerebral." I think he might fit in with those two well. Wilks also kind of seems the cerebral type. I can understand his alleged type wanting some time away from "Yell-y" Kelly.

Of course, I need to watch the tape more and see if I really like the player.

Last edited by GrimmBrown; 03/12/19 12:13 PM. Reason: Thanks for the "missionary" clarification btw

Fiercely Independent.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Let me know what u think after u watch the tape ... your way better at that stuff Than i am ...

He’s way more cerebral than them ... *L* ...

He had his pick of colleges ... grew up in SEC land and could have went to any of them .. he chose ND ... he’s smarter and different than them .. wink ...

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

No way would Dorsey consider doing that.
he is not worth giving up so much.

Just an example man. I am not going to sit here and bicker over some value chart.

The point is we can move back in to the first if we feel a team like NE would draft and stash the guy.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Just an example man. I am not going to sit here and bicker over some value chart.

The point is we can move back in to the first if we feel a team like NE would draft and stash the guy.

I understand, but I don't think that he will go in the first round now.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Quote:

It is just my opinion.. but I think Dorsey feels the momentum right now to take another big leap next year, in my opinion, perhaps even a playoff battle leap, but that's just my opinion.. so I don't think, in my opinion, that he is going to want to use a lot of capital to draft a guy who can't contribute right away.

*No facts were harmed in the making of this post, it is purely opinion.

yebat' Putin
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
perhaps even a playoff battle leap, but that's just my opinion..

Playoff battle? We will be the favorites to win the division by the time the season starts.

Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
so I don't think, in my opinion, that he is going to want to use a lot of capital to draft a guy who can't contribute right away.

Agreed. The time is now. A second round pick is a player that sees the field right away.

Legend
Legend
I meant a battle IN the playoffs, not one to GET TO the playoffs. thumbsup

yebat' Putin
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Normally I would be all over the draft.

This draft just poked around a little bit and looked at guys that caught my eye.

The case with Simmons presents an interesting dilemma.

We need help at DT this year. Simmons is for sure a top talent in this draft of deep talent on the DL.

Simmons tore his ACL. He will drop. How far? Unknown.

If we were to say sign a guy like Richardson for a year with an option year and go after Simmons if he makes it to round two. That could address now while planning for the future with a top eight pick.

That would make sense to me.

Great call Bonefish.

drobs #1601809 03/12/19 06:24 PM
Legend
Legend

Thanks.

Cases like Simmons always are interesting. A player ranked as the second best at his position gets hurt before the draft. Has had an incident that may raise questions.

How far does his draft stock fall?

You never know. Because you can never tell how a team values the guy.

All Pro
All Pro
Amassing quite a few bodies on the D-line with the re-up of Carl Davis and the tender to Coley. Still a bit sketchy on interior depth, though.

RDE- Myles Garrett (87.0); Chris Smith (59.6)
DT- Larry Ogunjobi (64.0); Carl Davis (56.7); Brian Price (58.5)
DT- Sheldon Richardson (72.2); Trevon Coley (50.4); Chad Thomas (56.3)
LDE: Olivier Vernon (86.3); Emmanuel Ogbah (59.6); Anthony Zettel (52.5)

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Let me know what u think after u watch the tape ... your way better at that stuff Than i am ...

He’s way more cerebral than them ... *L* ...

He had his pick of colleges ... grew up in SEC land and could have went to any of them .. he chose ND ... he’s smarter and different than them .. wink ...

Did he hurt his hand/wrist before the Michigan game? Looked like he was wearing some sort of cast/bulky gloves and I was pretty underwhelmed. Glad I went on to watch Stanford because he looked pretty beastly there. Played a lot more violently/explosively and showed several moves. Looks worth digging into some more at least. Might need a safety more than another DT now, though and no pick till mid-2nd.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend

All of a sudden the draft seems like a after thought.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Because the draft does seem somewhat like an afterthought now I'm coming back to look at some players that make more sense to me now than they did before Dorsey did his magic.

I expect a considerable DL run before we pick at 49 if DreMont Jones is on the board I'd give him some serious consideration. As a rotational 3 Tech he comes in with pass rush ability. He can see the field in that role year 1. I think he's a good enough prospect that coaching and training will improve his ability in the run game.

Are Browns looking at D Jones OSU?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cortez Broughton from Cincinnati could develop into a nice 3-tech from the 2nd half of the draft. Has some nice burst but needs to clean up his technique.

Fiercely Independent.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm intrigued by Broughton and his college, linemate, Marquise Copeland. I keep going back and forth about which one I think is the better prospect. I think I'm leaning toward Copeland right now but ask me next week and it might be different.

If either of them goes undrafted I wouldn't mind having that player in Browns training camp.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I know he is almost certainly going in the top 5 or 10 picks of this draft, but Christian Wilkins is a delightful young man and one hell of a player. I'll be watching how his career unfolds. He's the kind of guy that is easy to root for.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Vers, I've been fortunate to see some profiles on him where you get a glimpse of the whole person. He is obviously talented beyond football, engaging, intelligent and a sense of humor. His football future looks bright and he'll have options away from the game as well.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season 2019 NFL Draft Defensive Tackle

Link Copied to Clipboard