Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
According to Cowherd, Dorsey has no plan.

Did he really say that? I don't listen to the guy, but I read he has also dogged Baker.

He's looking for attention.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I've always had a beef with cowherd.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend

His act is so boring. I only see what people post of Cowherd. Never listen to him or others like him.

Obviously the guy is trying to get a rise. Common to the group who play in that space.

Say crap. Get people to respond.

I saw one clip where he said Baker was not athletic. Hmmm.

You win the Heisman Trophy and become the first player taken in the draft. Then set the record for touchdowns for a rookie in 13.5 games.

And Baker is not athletic?

Ok Mr. Cowherd. Dorsey has no plan.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I heard on the radio that Cowherd took a shot at Cleveland and that Baker answered him. I'm not on Twitter, so I don't know exactly what was said, but it sounded like Baker invited him to try coming here and saying that [bleep].

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Did he really say that? I don't listen to the guy, but I read he has also dogged Baker.

He's looking for attention.

Actually that came from an ESPN report. It supposedly came from some unnamed source in a NFL front office. There was also some other negative things said by other sources.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Gettleman? LOL

Simply absurd.

Legend
Legend
Here is another one:

Quote:

S Morgan Burnett

2017 Grade: 77.2

One of the best box safeties in the league, Burnett played 83.1 percent of his run-defense snaps within eight yards of the line of scrimmage last year and racked up 10 run stops as a result. Since 2012, Burnett has now racked up a whopping 93 run stops when lined up in the box, which is tied with Kam Chancellor for the most among safeties in that span.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nf...-agent-nfl-news

This tells me that earlier thoughts of us wanting to run two free safeties versus the standard SS/FS combo is not the case at all.

This makes me think that perhaps we really didn't want to let Peppers go, and that was NOT part of any plan, at all, but when given the chance to get OBJ we accepted it and the fact that we'd now have to work with it. They clearly didn't think much of Kindred as he didn't even get a shot to earn something in camp.... which led us to the recent moves with trading for Murray and now signing Burnett.

Definitely an interesting series of events that have all made our team significantly better (on paper). I'm anxious to see how this defense can perform, and I'm curious what sort of talent will still get added in three weeks. Can we even get anyone that will contribute this year?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree. I thought we wanted to upgrade our coverage play at SS, but Burnett is another in-the-box SS who excels against the run. Maybe Murray will play more on passing downs?

Good catch, though. I was thinking the same thing.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Murray replaces BBC, Burnett replaces Peppers. The long term Peppers replacement hopefully comes in the draft.

Last edited by cfrs15; 04/05/19 11:27 PM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Cowherd is a tool if I'm allowed to say that. He said we have a high potential to fail because everyone is a control freak and Kitchens had never been a HC.

Oh, and he said OBJ is not happy in Cleveland according to his sources.

This was Baker's response...

Last edited by devicedawg; 04/05/19 11:30 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Baker should ignore him. This is the maturity thing.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I like that Baker will use this as fuel.

He's a millennial, social media is what they do.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yes deceive, Baker is perfect in every way and there is no need for him to improve in any way.

We got your message a long, long time ago. rolleyes

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yes deceive, Baker is perfect in every way and there is no need for him to improve in any way.

We got your message a long, long time ago. rolleyes

If you could prove I said that I'd leave forever.

T
Legend
Legend
T
G. Browns sign Safety Morgan Burnett:

This is not the 2018 Browns defense!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Deep down, he still wishes we had Josh Rosen. rofl

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R

Cowherd spent a whole segment recently trashing the Browns. Haslam is a control freak, Dorsey is a control freak, his as good as sources get source telling him OBJ isn't happy, Baker is a baby. A couple clicks on YouTube and you can find it. Pretty sure it aired yesterday.

But pdawg was right. The quote I mentioned wasn't Cowherd but an anonymous exec that Cowherd quoted on the air.

Cowherd maybe right on all of it. The only thing the Browns can do is win. If they win, Cowherd will dig in and find a way to discredit the wins. It's what he does, but it will be hollow and people will see right through it. I read a good analogy on a another board that he's playing the heel role of a professional wrestler.

If the Browns lose, he will spend alot of time on his show reveling in it.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree. I thought we wanted to upgrade our coverage play at SS, but Burnett is another in-the-box SS who excels against the run. Maybe Murray will play more on passing downs?

Good catch, though. I was thinking the same thing.

Burnett has played both FS and SS during his time\seasons in GB. I too had previously believed that he was strictly a SS, till I researched a little further.

[Linked Image]

B
Legend
Legend
B
JC.....some of you spend to much time listening and reading these people.

To me the best source of local news is local reporting. The Cowherd's and Wickersham's of the world don't know squat.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Murray replaces BBC, Burnett replaces Peppers. The long term Peppers replacement hopefully comes in the draft.

I agree, if not this coming Draft, perhaps next years Draft if the board doesn't fall our way.

I still think that we might draft a middle or late round development prospect, replacing Kindred.

[Linked Image]

P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

Cowherd spent a whole segment recently trashing the Browns. Haslam is a control freak, Dorsey is a control freak, his as good as sources get source telling him OBJ isn't happy, Baker is a baby. A couple clicks on YouTube and you can find it. Pretty sure it aired yesterday.

But pdawg was right. The quote I mentioned wasn't Cowherd but an anonymous exec that Cowherd quoted on the air.

Cowherd maybe right on all of it. The only thing the Browns can do is win. If they win, Cowherd will dig in and find a way to discredit the wins. It's what he does, but it will be hollow and people will see right through it. I read a good analogy on a another board that he's playing the heel role of a professional wrestler.

If the Browns lose, he will spend alot of time on his show reveling in it.

I don't get these talking heads a team that has been bad for so many years and look like they can come from worst to a SB I wonder why they have to put that team down constantly, I know he hates Baker, and I suppose he thinks he will get great ratings for being negative ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend

He is a ratings hoe plain and simple.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
JC.....some of you spend to much time listening and reading these people.

To me the best source of local news is local reporting. The Cowherd's and Wickersham's of the world don't know squat.

The best source of local news was local reporting. Ours are pretty underwhelming now.

Almost have to see things with your own eyes any more. Can't take anything the "talking heads" say at face value. The locals are turning to the clicks over substance paradigm, too.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Deep down, he still wishes we had Josh Rosen. rofl

Deep down, I still wish we had Ryan Tanehill, until 2 years ago, so what's the point.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

I don't get these talking heads a team that has been bad for so many years and look like they can come from worst to a SB I wonder why they have to put that team down constantly, I know he hates Baker, and I suppose he thinks he will get great ratings for being negative ...

None of us should kid ourselves. If the team plays flat this season the type of talk won't be isolated to a few talking heads. The national media will tear us to shreds. That's how it goes in America. They build you up and wait for your fall then they devour you like a pack of wolves.

Pissants like Cowherd and Jason Whitlock just want to position themselves as foretellers that see in advance what others don't see. In the meantime, they get plenty of shine from the masses.

I think the whole organization is aware of this "risk" but I think the coaches and the players are especially poised to prevent it by keeping their heads down, working extremely hard and blocking out the BS.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

He is getting exactly what he wants: people are talking about him and will check out that video, and listen, and click on pages and links. Whether or not he believes ANY of the tripe he spouts, he gets plenty of relevance through his trolling... and that is EXACTLY what he does. He trolls. Baker was a fish hitting at the bait; nothing more, nothing less.

Ignoring it all and not responding is precisely what coaches like Freddie mean when they talk about needing to "block out the noise". Some people are going to overreact to the positive, some are going to take it the opposite direction - the thing is that NONE OF THEM have any clue because the games aren't being played, yet. They talk for a living about a sport that is in its off-season.... they have to drum up crap to keep people engaged and listening. That's all there is to it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Bam! This is exactly right.

(At least in my opinion)

Last edited by devicedawg; 04/06/19 12:30 PM.
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
I love Baker, but he needs to take Freddie's mantra to heart: "If you don't wear Brown and Orange, you don't matter."

Cowherd doesn't matter.

Legend
Legend
Ideally I'd like Baker to just internalize it and use it as private motivation, but Cowherd is such a jerk (on purpose, especially when it comes to Baker) ... he knows this will garner a lot of media attention

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yes. There's no doubt this was bait.

Mayfield took it hook, line, and sinker.

And I don't mind. In fact, it's refreshing someone on this team stood up to the media bashing. Let's see it on the field, now.

Legend
Legend
This signing reminds me of when we brought in Tramon Williams. Veteran, with decent skill, but past his prime, so he won't really wow you.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good signing. Solid move. Depth always helps.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Can you imagine if OBJ would have made the same comments Baker did?

LOL..........people would be going nuts. He's a distraction. A thug. Unprofessional. A diva.

Different standards for different folks.

Legend
Legend
It would be hard to root for him. smile

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Do you think that there is a double standard........or not?

Would posters be "liking" it if OBJ had said the same thing?

Legend
Legend
When he says something similar as a Brown, I'll answer that.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Can you imagine if OBJ would have made the same comments Baker did?

LOL..........people would be going nuts. He's a distraction. A thug. Unprofessional. A diva.

Different standards for different folks.

If Cowherd had been targeting OBJ before the draft with baseless claims, calling the number 1 overall pick undraftable, and dismissing essentially all his accomplishments, I wouldn't have a problem with a response. Honestly, if OBJ responded to him with "Why don't you ask me if I'm happy in Cleveland before running your mouth" I wouldn't have a problem with that either.

Cowherd is a joke, and makes wild, baseless claims hoping 1 will stick so he can play himself up as the smartest guy around. Notice in the clip he claims he said Aaron Rodgers was a diva in 2007. So 12 years later he's a genius based off current rumors?

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Cowherd is a jerk, too. He is trying to increase his ratings. I can understand why Dorsey, Baker, and OBJ might want to strangle the guy.

Baker is the only one who took the bait and ran his mouth. I have a few points about that:

1. If we know that Cowherd is looking for clicks, why doesn't Baker?

2. It speaks to Baker's immaturity. That is not a terrible thing, but he really does need to grow up some.

3. If OBJ had said it, this board would be lit up w/criticisms directed towards OBJ. The biggest one would be that he is a huge distraction and we should have never traded for him. Yet, Baker gets praised for not being a cookie-cutter player and standing up for himself.

4. I wonder why a player like Baker is judged differently from a player like OBJ?

The above our my opinions and I think I am entitled to them, but I suspect that this conversation will become very contentious in an attempt to move the discussion away from the comparisons of Baker and OBJ to yet another attempt to assassinate my character. That's okay........I'm good w/that if at least a few people see things for the way they really are.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I think Cowherd is a jerk, too. He is trying to increase his ratings. I can understand why Dorsey, Baker, and OBJ might want to strangle the guy.

Baker is the only one who took the bait and ran his mouth. I have a few points about that:

1. If we know that Cowherd is looking for clicks, why doesn't Baker?

2. It speaks to Baker's immaturity. That is not a terrible thing, but he really does need to grow up some.

3. If OBJ had said it, this board would be lit up w/criticisms directed towards OBJ. The biggest one would be that he is a huge distraction and we should have never traded for him. Yet, Baker gets praised for not being a cookie-cutter player and standing up for himself.

4. I wonder why a player like Baker is judged differently from a player like OBJ?

The above our my opinions and I think I am entitled to them, but I suspect that this conversation will become very contentious in an attempt to move the discussion away from the comparisons of Baker and OBJ to yet another attempt to assassinate my character. That's okay........I'm good w/that if at least a few people see things for the way they really are.

You may be right. I don't think it would be a majority upset with OBJ. It's honestly probably one if those situations where people love them on their team, hate them on others. At this point, I don't think Baker having a comment or 2 here and there during the off-season is a big problem, but it could be a distraction if he lets it.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Sign S Morgan Burnett

Link Copied to Clipboard