Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
JC

I've had no issues with Baker since he's been a Brown. Well, I didn't really dig the extended stare down with Hue, but whatever, he is who he is. Everyone gets all caught up in the social media thing - it's a wait and see...

I don't remember anything of issue during the last season and could care less how he responds to Cowturd. Colin smeared and entire organization, from top to bottom, Baker stood up for himself and his teammate. That's who he is. If I were to rub my crystal ball, I might say that could effect him because players, during the season, may think they can get in his head and WILL attempt to do that via social media - we'll see how he responds.

Baker is like Freddie, he will tell you what he thinks to your face. Nothing veiled, no "he said, she said". Immature? Maybe at times. I'll reserve judgement til it affects our team in a negative way. "Analytics" say it won't - as his play on the field, and relationship with teammates has been, in a word, exemplary.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
"the extended stare down with Hue"

I, personally, laughed my butt off at that, but aside from that I had no issue with it because, like this and other things, I don't know the entire story of everything between them. If I were to pass judgement, I'm doing it with partial facts. So, I may form an opinion, but it is with caveats and isn't held to devoutly.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I didn't like the stare-down either, to be honest. I love Bake as our QB, but if someone on another team did that to one of our coaches, I'd think it was classless.

But as you say, we don't know all the behind-the-scenes stuff that occurred previously. Even then, though, I wish he hadn't done it.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I didn't have a big problem w/the stare-down.

My biggest issue was how Baker didn't let things go after one of the incidents w/Hue and talked about how Hue was "fake" and so on.

These guys are getting paid. When you get paid to play or coach, there is an old rule that you don't say anything to take away a man's money. There was no need for Baker to trash Hue like that because it made it almost impossible for Hue to score another job as an OC or position coach because the team's fans and local media would go nuts. It's why former players who are commentators said that Baker needed to grow-up.

That was a low-class move that speaks of immaturity and why I also contend that OBJ has never went that far, yet he is viewed as a distraction and trouble-maker while Baker gets praised for speaking his mind.

L
Legend
Legend
L
That was dumb, too... I agree. Don't get into social media BS with your brand new -ex-coach in the NFL. Don't show the guy up.

Bake is gonna do Bake things, and I know he'll be mellowed by age 33, when he has three SB rings as a Brown and is bound for Canton.

It's a different generation, a different thought process than what us older fellas are accustomed to. And he's a different QB.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
Quote:
There was no need for Baker to trash Hue like that because it made it almost impossible for Hue to score another job as an OC or position coach

I don't think it's Baker's fault that Hue can't find a job.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Of course you don't. And I wasn't talking about a HC position, but Hue had a great reputation in this league as a OC and positional coach. I would like to say that that can't be denied, but I know better when it comes to the rationality of this board. LOL

But, like I said before.........I know a lot of you just think this is a "game," but when you get "paid" to do a job, there is an unwritten golden rule that you never say anything to take away another's money.

There was no need for Baker to call Hue "fake" and slam his character. If you remember, the announcers interviewed Hue after those comments and they said that Hue respectfully declined comment.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I agree with jfanent. Hue can't get a job because his track record is not very good, as a HC.

gmstrong

-----------------

V
Legend
Legend
V
I didn't say he should get hired as a HC. I said as an OC or positional coach.

I was employed in athletics and what I said is true. Some BS bias by a dude like jfan does not change that fact.

And like I said on another thread...........can you imagine if OBJ would have said the same stuff?

Later...

C
Legend
Legend
C
I don’t actually care about this and am only responding because I am bored.

Baker only called Jackson fake after he went on a media tour (which was highly unusual for someone in his position). So technically Baker was responding to Hue.

In the end none of this means anything. Literally nothing.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Of course you don't. And I wasn't talking about a HC position, but Hue had a great reputation in this league as a OC and positional coach. I would like to say that that can't be denied, but I know better when it comes to the rationality of this board. LOL

But, like I said before.........I know a lot of you just think this is a "game," but when you get "paid" to do a job, there is an unwritten golden rule that you never say anything to take away another's money.

There was no need for Baker to call Hue "fake" and slam his character. If you remember, the announcers interviewed Hue after those comments and they said that Hue respectfully declined comment.

Hue did have a good reputation as an OC, and Baker didn't NEED to talk crap, but Hue started the whole thing, so I think you reap what you sow. Hue went in the media tour a week or so after being fired to blame everyone but himself. I think that has just as much or more to do with him not having a job. You can't trash everyone around you and expect another organization to want you around.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not to be a jerk about it but didn't Hue get hired by the Bengals about 1 week after getting fired from the Browns?

To be a jerk about it: Hue got fired again and doesn't have a job now? Maybe he should have gotten the job Mike McCarthy got. Oh yea, he doesn't have a job either. I am sure McCarthy would have a job by now if he was white.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
[quote=PastorMarc]

He is like a 4th ot 5th round prospect ... Aim higher.

You joking??
He is the #1 safety on the board. If he fell to the 2nd round would be a shock.
Prospect is a absolute joke.
You are hilarious 😂

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I agree with jfanent. Hue can't get a job because his track record is not very good, as a HC.

Taking two teams to last place in the division, in the same season, in the same division.... that's talent.

Combine that with his "Woe is Me Tour '18" and there is solid reason that NFL teams didn't look at him this offseason. He earned that silence from them.

If he sticks around long enough, someone will reach out and give him another chance - that's how the NFL goes.

Browns is the Browns

V
Legend
Legend
V
You replied, so obviously it does matter.

I thought Baker made the "fake" comment after the Bengals and he was questioned about the post-game exchange.

And for those who are debating whether or not Hue would have gotten a job no matter what Baker said........my point is that it doesn't really matter. There are things you say and don't say. I don't see too many people walking down the street and berating a homeless person by saying they should have paid attention in school and work harder.

With all of that said...........while I don't like Baker as a person, I do think he played extremely well for the Browns last year. Whether I like him as a person or not isn't going to stop me from rooting for the Browns to win. I don't like Jimmy Haslam either. I think a lot of folks don't care for Jimmy, but that does not stop us from rooting for the Browns.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Off topic, I know. But I don't get anyone defending Hue. I really don't. He turned everything into being about him. He gave us the two worst years in the history of the game. And it'll probably never be duplicated. We are on the wrong page of the history books thanks to him. He and Holmgren are the two worst things to ever happen to this franchise. I pray this turns around or Haslam will be right up there with them.

V
Legend
Legend
V
No one is defending Hue.

Legend
Legend
Don't forget: Getting fired/released by two different organizations. I doubt he will be a HC
(Head Coach, not Head Case) again. Real opportunity here and now for serious self-scouting and catching up on your swimming.

::Shaking my head

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
F
Legend
Legend
F

My biggest issue was how Baker didn't let things go after one of the incidents w/Hue and talked about how Hue was "fake" and so on.

These guys are getting paid. When you get paid to play or coach, there is an old rule that you don't say anything to take away a man's money. There was no need for Baker to trash Hue like that because it made it almost impossible for Hue to score another job as an OC or position coach because the team's fans and local media would go nuts. It's why former players who are commentators said that Baker needed to grow-up.

That was a low-class move that speaks of immaturity and why I also contend that OBJ has never went that far, yet he is viewed as a distraction and trouble-maker while Baker gets praised for speaking his mind.

The old adage "If you don't have anything nice to say, it is best to say nothing." comes to mind.

Social media has just allowed people to speak too quickly while under emotional influence, and often things get said that should not. I know some will say "But that's when your thoughts are true and real.", but all of humanity thinks things under emotional duress that are amplified and exaggerated beyond their normal feelings on the matter.

Reacting to emotions has caused more people more trouble than it has ever helped.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
good point .. it's all about his teammates and their ability to follow/trust him in the end ... I do agree aboutt htat

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Deepsouthdawg
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
[quote=PastorMarc]

He is like a 4th ot 5th round prospect ... Aim higher.

You joking??
He is the #1 safety on the board. If he fell to the 2nd round would be a shock.
Prospect is a absolute joke.
You are hilarious 😂

We shall see who gets to laugh last.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/c

Not taking money out of the pockets of someone who is putting their body on the line is one thing. Calling out the guy who is still getting paid to NOT coach your team is another.

Just saying.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
The old adage "If you don't have anything nice to say, it is best to say nothing." comes to mind.

That adage, if followed, would be the end of the social media.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Hallelujah!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Some BS bias by a dude like jfan does not change that fact.

All I said was that I don't think it's Baker's fault that Hue can't find a job. Nothing more. If you want BS bias, look no further than your own posts.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
F
Legend
Legend
F

I keep waiting for the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man to appear. smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I keep waiting for the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man to appear. smile

Nobody steps on a church in my town

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
All of the crap Hue pulled while here earned him the right to not get a job cleaning an NFL locker room. He earned that all by himself and my only blame of Baker in that exchange is that he may have soured the Bengals on Hue and cost us two guaranteed wins every year.

Refs could we get a 1000 point font and giant explanation point emoji's?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'd say you're right, Baker doesn't have anything to do with Hue not having a job. Perhaps Hue shouldn't have told his bosses to get the F out of his office after he was fired. Would you hire a guy knowing he said that? Didn't think so.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c

Wow - go away for a few days and all the threads seem to have deteriorated from their subject ... was hoping for more insight on Burnett, oh well!

As for Baker and Hue ... Hue can look in the mirror and own everything about Hue. His record, his actions and his media tour blaming everyone and everything else for his atrocious record as HC of the Browns. It's only my opinion - but I am 100% certain the entire business end of the NFL, and the people within it, looks and weighs Hue's entire career when deciding if he has a future somewhere helping an organization - and do not pay much heed to an emotionally charged moment or one off comment from a Rookie QB. Whatever you feel about Baker as a human being - trying to lay ANY blame at his feet for where Hue is today is taking your personal bias too far.

Last edited by mgh888; 04/10/19 07:22 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888
j/c

Wow - go away for a few days and all the threads seem to have deteriorated from their subject ... was hoping for more insight on Burnett, oh well!

Once we get to page 3 or so, you can no longer tell the subject of the thread by just reading the posts. They all tend to migrate towards the same thing.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I want to make this clear. I thought I did earlier, but it keeps getting misconstrued [not by you.]

I was not defending Hue. I've moved past him and I'm glad that Freddie is our HC. I don't defend him when others attack almost daily. I don't try to glorify him multiple times a day like others do w/Sashi.

My comments were directly tied to what Baker said. You just don't act that way when money is involved. AB is catching a lot of heat--and rightfully so--for the way he made Tomlin, Ben, and JuJu look. My point is that Baker should just shut his mouth instead of trying to make others look bad. And I really don't give a damn who likes that or not. But, I want to be very, very clear. I was NOT defending Hue.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
There was no need for Baker to trash Hue like that because it made it almost impossible for Hue to score another job as an OC or position coach because the team's fans and local media would go nuts.
Yea, Baker made it impossible for Hue to score another job, it had nothing to do with his 1-31 record . . . . superconfused

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Social media has just allowed people to speak too quickly while under emotional influence, and often things get said that should not. I know some will say "But that's when your thoughts are true and real.", but all of humanity thinks things under emotional duress that are amplified and exaggerated beyond their normal feelings on the matter.

Reacting to emotions has caused more people more trouble than it has ever helped.

Your right, Hue should have kept his mouth shut after he was fired, instead of blaming everyone else.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Does anyone think that we have our future SS on the roster right now (Murray), and that he's going to be brought along slowly and developed?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Does anyone think that we have our future SS on the roster right now (Murray), and that he's going to be brought along slowly and developed?

No. Murray is basically fully formed as a player and he’s in the last year of his contract.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Probably not, but I'm all for a surprise.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

I think we (hopefully) will before the end of the month.

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
Here's how this works. One guy trash talks and he's an azz. Another guy trash talks and it's perfectly fine. Haven't you been following along?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I really hope not. because that will be a major hole.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Sign S Morgan Burnett

Link Copied to Clipboard