Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Legend
Legend
P
I love your analogy. Only in this case, its going to take a long time before we actually know how well they scored on the test.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Your right.

I spent countless hours on baseball fields both as a player and coach.

Because of a warm weather climate in Georgia and many indoor facilities. Practice was seven days a week for 10 months.

East Cobb Baseball is known all over the US for teams that compete from 13 year olds to 18. I coached there for ten years. Check their website. The private association has produced over 50 major league players and countless college scholarships. Voted number one organization in youth baseball by Baseball America.

Competition and preparation. The program drew players from all over the Southeast to play on their travel teams. We played over 100 games a year.

It was a blast to watch kids develop into great players.

I love seeing the results of hard work and dedication.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

With the 2020 NFL Draft complete, this episode of #BuildingtheBrowns follows the rookie class as they begin their NFL journey with rookie minicamp. Joe Thomas sits down with first-rounder Jedrick Wills Jr. for a quick film session to talk and analyze Jedrick's college career at the University of Alabama. LSU rookies Grant Delpit and Jacob Phillips also get together with defensive back Greedy Williams to reunite with their LSU position coaches and talk about how the Cleveland Browns have become "LSU North". Watch as the coaching staff conduct their first rookie minicamp virtually and how the rookies get creative with their at-home training routines. Sixth-round wide receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones takes us behind-the-scenes on his draft experience.

#gmSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
Holy crap, Chad O'Shea is the man!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Shout out to Dee Haslam. This is what she does and did, video productions. We are lucky to have something like this.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
J/c

Watching Stefanski’s interaction with the prospects is telling ... he’s VERY observant ... watch his mannerisms when they are talking or when he’s introduced ... immediately sizing them up.

He seems to be the “don’t say much, but think a lot then act” type coach.

I’d anticipate not much “joking around” and stuff and more serious approaches ... at least based on what I’ve seen.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
I was just thinking I don't have a feel for him at all.

We actually won't know anything at all about him until he loses a few games.

M
Legend
Legend
M
He comes across as pretty even keeled. I do not see him as a guy that gets too high or too low or allows his emotions to get in the way.

I've posted from this article in The Athletic before, but thought this paragraph was à propos...

In the middle of the bedlam that was the Minneapolis Miracle, Vikings play-by-play man Paul Allen looked to his right and into the coaches booth that sits right next to them at U.S. Bank Stadium.

Stefon Diggs had barely crossed the goal line to push the Vikings to the NFC Championship Game at the end of that 2017 season, and everyone in the place was losing his ever-loving mind. Well, almost everyone.

One assistant was pounding on the glass so hard that Allen thought it was going to shatter. Director of pro scouting Ryan Monnens was bear-hugging two coaches at once. Fans drunk on euphoria and other spirits were trying to scale the walls to the radio booth to do the same to Allen and color analyst Pete Bercich.

“Then I made eye contact with Kevin (Stefanski) and I’m pumping my fist and, like, throwing my shoulder out of my socket,” Allen recalled. “Kevin looks at me with just a little baby right fist pump, picks up the papers in front of them, organizes them and then just heads out of the coaches box, and that was it.”

B
Legend
Legend
B
What I noticed in Stefanski are his hawk like eyes. That usually means the person is very keen and very observant.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
What I noticed in Stefanski are his hawk like eyes. That usually means the person is very keen and very observant.
exactly what I saw ... watch him eyeing up Wills when he enters the room and hangs on his every word. Very calculating

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

I am such a sucker for this kind of sports documentary. It makes me feel like putting on a helmet.

Sports for most of us is entertainment. We play as kids then maybe coach our kids. Sports are just games we play.

If you did play or are a fan that competition is a jolt of passion. It becomes like sugar to fat kid; you can't get enough.

Michael Jordan narrating "The Last Dance" it is so obvious that competition is his drug.

I love shows like Hard Knocks and Building the Browns. They give you that behind the scenes look at what goes into sports at that level of competition. The professional level where it goes from kids games to big money and all that goes with it.

When I watch that I am like ok let's go.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

In this episode of #BuildingTheBrowns, phase 1 of re-opening has begun in Berea. General Manager Andrew Berry, Head Coach Kevin Stefanski and the football staff return to the facility but as tensions rise across the United States regarding the death of George Floyd, the Browns pause to reflect and educate on what is going on in our nation. Defensive lineman Myles Garrett discusses how his training and preparation for the 2020 season helps him navigate these difficult issues.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

On this week’s episode of #BuildingtheBrowns, the players return to the Berea for the start of a truly unique training camp. Browns Senior VP of Player Health/Development Joe Sheehan takes BTB’s cameras around the facility to show all of the changes implemented to provide the safest possible environment for players and staff. Viewers will see the Browns’ rookies get fitted for their pads and a couple of veterans, including JC Tretter, take their daily COVID-19 test. Interviews with Kevin Stefanski, Andrew Berry, Grant Delpit, Myles Garrett and more will be featured throughout the episode as the Browns get back to work and continue their preparations for the 2020 season.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
The protocols and safety measures seem to be top of the line ... very impressive

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
The protocols and safety measures seem to be top of the line ... very impressive

The tracing technology is why we will have football this year. Even if someone gets infected. They can flag everyone that was near that person to be tested to prevent an outbreak.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife

The tracing technology is why we will have football this year. Even if someone gets infected. They can flag everyone that was near that person to be tested to prevent an outbreak.

If only the whole country could have done something like that. . .

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

With many people taking 5-7 days to get their test results back, there's no telling who they came into contact with during that time or the few days preceding the test.

There's times I couldn't tell you where or who I encountered 7 days ago. tongue

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

With many people taking 5-7 days to get their test results back, there's no telling who they came into contact with during that time or the few days preceding the test.

There's times I couldn't tell you where or who I encountered 7 days ago. tongue

It’s almost like the testing isn’t good enough. . .

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Building The Browns 2020: Teaming Up (Ep. 7)

On this week’s episode of #BuildingTheBrowns, go behind the scenes for the Browns’ first-ever media day with players wearing the team’s new uniforms. The event served as one of the final off-field obligations to tackle before the start of training camp, which saw the rookies and veterans come together for their first competitive practices of 2020. Jedrick Wills Jr., Jordan Elliott, Nick Harris and Jacob Phillips wore microphones while going through drills, giving us an inside look into the players’ personal welcome to the NFL. This week’s episode also features a mic’d up Kevin Stefanski, who takes command at his first training camp as Cleveland’s head coach.

#gmSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
Just watched episode 7 - Wills talking about how difficult the transition is. His analogy was your a right-handed person and wake up one day and have to start doing everything with your left.

Yikes.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Just watched episode 7 - Wills talking about how difficult the transition is. His analogy was your a right-handed person and wake up one day and have to start doing everything with your left.

Yikes.

I don’t know if it was for the cameras or not but I liked to see him working on the side with Vernon and Conklin. Bill Callahan bring around also gives me confidence.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Yeah, he was asking a lot of questions. That was a great. Especially asking the defensive line. Probably will get more out of that interaction than asking his offensive line mates.

I just see him getting Baker killed. Vernon has repeatedly abused him in camp from the video I have seen.

I just don't know how these guys are going to be ready with no preseason games. The rookies first ever NFL snaps will be in an actual game. Against one of the powerhouse franchises in the league.

I hope Stefanski knows what he's doing. He appears to be another one of those "teacher" coaches. We need teachers. We also need strategists. Teaching doesn't do anything after you get punched in the mouth.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Yikes.

I remember Joe Thomas discussing the transition from LT to RT several months back and Thomas said, he believes it takes about three months to become proficient after switching sides to the point it is second nature.

Not having rookie mini-camps and spring/early summer workouts will hurt this team. Remember, they would normally have been allowed extra practices as well because of a new coaching staff.

The early part of the season could be quite sloppy.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

#gmSTRONG
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
You mean like Bill Walsh and Andy Reid.

Legend
Legend

Ramping Up this last episode was to my eyes and ears very encouraging.

I like what I am hearing from Van Pelt. Conklin was a giant add.

Baker and Case both look crisp.

The big take away is attitude. Odell, Jarvis, the leaders I like what they are bringing.

Odell looks way better than last year. He is ready to go, go, go.

The overall vibe is good.

The players seem to be in the right space mentally. Team work is a good way to put it.

I am encouraged.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

On this week’s #BuildingTheBrowns, go inside the quarterbacks room with offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt as he guides Baker Mayfield, Case Keenum and the rest of Cleveland’s signal-callers. New assistant offensive line coach Scott Peters wears a mic at practice and helps viewers go in-depth with the offensive line. Browns Legend Josh Cribbs takes us behind the scenes of “Browns Live: Training Camp” and explains why the broadcast means so much to fans who can’t make it out to Berea. A mic’d up Jarvis Landry takes us inside one of the most competitive position groups on the team — wide receivers — and interviews with Odell Beckham Jr., Donovan Peoples-Jones, Kevin Stefanski, Jack Conklin and more lay out the progress that’s been made as the Browns ramp up for the 2020 season.

#gmSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Wills and Harris looked flabby. Going an off-season without strength and conditioning is going to be brutal in rookies.

Legend
Legend
I actually thought Wills looked flabby too. Kinda like that OT from Cincy (Smith maybe?)

R
Legend
Legend
R
Wills definitely looks flabby.

Harris looks like a center. Like if I saw him walking down the street, I would instantly think football center.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't mean to sound like I'm excusing it, but I imagine quarantine, gyms closed, etc is hell on the big boys (especially the rookies).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

On this week’s episode of #BuildingtheBrowns, viewers will be taken inside the running backs room with Kareem Hunt, who is poised for a big second season with the Browns. The show then shifts its focus to the defense, as Joe Woods, Karl Joseph and recently signed LB Malcolm Smith provide perspective on how the unit has adjusted amid a string of injuries. Last week’s scrimmage at FirstEnergy Stadium wasn’t just a test run for the players, as the Browns equipment staff details all of the new protocols it will be following on game days this year. And with camp complete and roster cuts in the rearview mirror, Andrew Berry, Kevin Stefanski and Paul DePodesta reflect on the unique offseason and look ahead to the highly anticipated start to the season.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

On this episode of Building the Browns, go behind the scenes as the Browns rebound from a tough start to the season in a big way with three consecutive wins. On the field, you'll hear from Jarvis Landry, Baker Mayfield, Kareem Hunt, Kevin Stefanski and more. Behind the scenes, you'll see everything that went into readying FirstEnergy Stadium to be the safest possible place for fans to watch the Browns score victories over the Bengals and Washington. Also featured in this week's episode is a deep dive into how the team has adjusted how it travels to road games with a whole slew of new protocols and procedures. Wyatt Teller, who has emerged as one of the league's top guards, also goes under the spotlight after another big-time performance against the Cowboys.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Great episode! I love the mic’d up players.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
I loved it when Richardson was telling Myles he basically sucked.

Legend
Legend

Damn Man.

I just watched that this morning with a cup of joe.

Fired me up, up, up.

We are a physical football team. Offensive line is so impressive. Teller has put his stamp on the RG position. What a monster. The unit is flat getting after it.

Team. Love the team vibe. Players are feeding off each other. Landry is worth every dime. Have no idea how Miami let him walk. So important to have a player like him. His positive attitude is infectious. Love that guy.

In this type of documentary you get a good view of the overall attitude of the team. And it is clear this group has that "can do" attitude. Love how the players support each other.

I know it is early but: I am liking Kevin Stefanski. He is effective at delivering the mission statement. Work hard. Be accountable to each other. Play physical.

I truly believe players like Chubb and the run game sets a internal attitude. We are going to get after you. When you see how guys are finishing plays. I don't see what I saw last year. Guys giving up on plays.

So hell yes. I am buying what we are Building.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

On this episode of Building the Browns, go behind the scenes as the Browns rebound from a tough start to the season in a big way with three consecutive wins. On the field, you'll hear from Jarvis Landry, Baker Mayfield, Kareem Hunt, Kevin Stefanski and more. Behind the scenes, you'll see everything that went into readying FirstEnergy Stadium to be the safest possible place for fans to watch the Browns score victories over the Bengals and Washington. Also featured in this week's episode is a deep dive into how the team has adjusted how it travels to road games with a whole slew of new protocols and procedures. Wyatt Teller, who has emerged as one of the league's top guards, also goes under the spotlight after another big-time performance against the Cowboys.

"We're giving it to Nick... so don't worry fantasy people."
-Stefanski

:-p

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
You aint got no sacks bro, you got any touchdowns, i cant hear you. Great stuff!

Love Teller! Love Stef taking recommendations from Cally!

Love this!!!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum 2019 Building the Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard