Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Transcript released of Flynn voicemail from Trump lawyer showing possible attempt to obstruct

Washington (CNN)The Justice Department on Friday released a more complete transcript of a voice mail from Donald Trump's attorney John Dowd to Rob Kelner, the lawyer for Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn, where he sought information about Flynn's discussions with the special counsel on the eve of his cooperation deal.

However, the Justice Department refused to turn over transcripts of Flynn's calls with Russian officials, including then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, even though a federal judge had ordered prosecutors to file those publicly as well on Friday.

The release of the transcript -- and lack of the other release of transcripts -- came following Judge Emmet Sullivan's unusual order last week seeking public disclosure of documents used in Flynn's case as he heads toward sentencing Flynn for lying to investigators.

Overall, the voice mail highlights a call that special counsel Robert Mueller investigated as potential obstruction of justice by the President. Dowd had made the call on November 22, 2017, after Flynn's team said it could no longer communicate with the White House, just before Flynn pleaded guilty and agreed to cooperate in Mueller's investigation.

In the voice mail transcript, most of which was previously documented in the Mueller report, Dowd said it "wouldn't surprise me" if Flynn was about to make a deal, but if it "implicates the President, then we've got a national security issue, or ... some issue ... not only for the President, but for the country." He then asked for a "heads up," according to the transcript. Dowd also wanted to remind Flynn about "the President and his feelings towards Flynn."

The call "could have had the potential to affect Flynn's decision to cooperate, as well as the extent of that cooperation," Mueller wrote in his report on potential obstruction of justice by the President during the investigation. "We do not have evidence establishing whether the President knew about or was involved in his counsel's communications with Flynn's counsel." Mueller credited Flynn for turning over the voice mail to investigators so they could investigate possible obstruction of the probe, according to a previous court filing.

Dowd pushed back Friday on interpreting the call as possible obstruction in any way.

"This is clearly a baseless, political document designed to smear and damage the reputation of counsel and innocent people," he said in a statement. He said Trump's lawyers had given Flynn "documents, advice and encouragement ... as part of his effort to cooperate" with Mueller's team. The Mueller team never questioned Trump's lawyers about "the allegations," Dowd added.

Flynn-Russia calls, Mueller report sections aren't revealed

Regarding the Kislyak call, another key piece about Flynn in the Mueller report, prosecutors appear to say they don't believe they need to hand over other recording transcripts they may have involving Flynn, because they were not used in his sentencing recommendation. But their explanation in the filing Friday isn't extensive.

"The government further represents that it is not relying on any other recordings, of any person, for purposes of establishing the defendant's guilt or determining his sentence, nor are there other recordings that are part of the sentencing record," the Friday filing says, in the only sentence apparently addressing their response to Sullivan's order for the Flynn transcripts of calls with Russians.

The Flynn-Kislyak calls were important because Flynn spoke to the then-ambassador during the Trump transition, and discussed Russia's reaction to US sanctions and Russia's position in a UN Security Council vote on Israeli settlements. Flynn also spoke with other Trump transition officials about the calls, making them of even more interest to Mueller. Flynn lied to investigators in early 2017 about the calls, telling FBI agents who interviewed him in the White House that he had not spoken to Kislyak about those topics, which were of interest to the investigators.

Exact quotations from these calls haven't been revealed, but prosecutors have summarized what Flynn and Kislyak spoke about in court documents and in the Mueller report.

Flynn had been set to be sentenced in December, but he asked the judge to postpone his sentencing while he cooperates with prosecutors in an ongoing case against his former lobbying partner. His sentencing has not yet been rescheduled. Prosecutors told the judge they supported him getting little to no time in prison because of how he helped them, and Flynn has asked to avoid a jail sentence.

Separately, the Justice Department hasn't released any additional parts of the Mueller report that were previously confidential. The judge had told prosecutors they needed to make public redacted sections of the report that pertained to Flynn by today. Prosecutors said Friday that all of the information about Flynn or that Flynn gave to Mueller that made it into the report is already public.

Read the voicemail here:

Quote:
Hey, Rob, uhm, this is John again. Uh, maybe, I-I-I'm-I'm sympathetic; I understand your situation, but let me see if I can't ... state it in ... starker terms. If you have ... and it wouldn't surprise me if you've gone on to make a deal with, and, uh, work with the government, uh ... I understand that you can't join the joint defense; so that's one thing. If, on the other hand, we have, there's information that. .. implicates the President, then we've got a national security issue, or maybe a national security issue, I don't know ... some issue, we got to-we got to deal with, not only for the President, but for the country. So ... uh ... you know, then-then, you know, we need some kind of heads up. Um, just for the sake of ... protecting all our interests, if we can, without you having to give up any ... confidential information. So, uhm, and if it's the former, then, you know, remember what we've always said about the President and his feelings toward Flynn and, that still remains, but-Well, in any event, uhm, let me know, and, uh, I appreciate your listening and taking the time. Thanks, Pal.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/31/politics/michael-flynn-john-dowd-voicemail/index.html

Yep, no cover up here... smh

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Riley01
Whoa dude... you and your ilk here had Russias, Irans, N.K.s, Cuba,s Chinas, Venezuela,s ,Mexicos,s back,so please look in the mirror ,oh and by the way I wonder if Russia is using the uranium that your pond scum gave to them to help them destroy America , or murica as you so put it pffffft

You are a funny guy. Your entire Uranium 1 theory has been debunked over and over again and even Trump admitted in one of his Tweet storms that Russia helped get him elected.

Good day comrade.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Your entire Uranium 1 theory has been debunked over and over again

Some folks need to have their clues wrapped around a brick.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

Some explanations are best delivered with cement shoes so they stick.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/02/19 02:06 PM.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Probably needs a thread all to itself.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
?

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Quote:

??

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Quote:

Some explanations are best delivered with cement shoes so they stick.

??

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Just rambling out loud. Nothing bad meant to you. Referring to lessons not sticking.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Uranium One was not and is not owned by Americans. So we didn't sell Russians any uranium. Uranium one was a Canadian company. Nine government agencies approved the sale because they didn't have a choice. It's a free market system and the company was owned by the Canadians, not us.

So Hillary Clinton didn't sell Russia any uranium. Now there's a lot of honest, truthful things people can say that aren't good about Hillary.

But just repeating the same lie over and over again isn't one of them.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
??

exactly.

#GMStong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Uranium One was not and is not owned by Americans. So we didn't sell Russians any uranium. Uranium one was a Canadian company. Nine government agencies approved the sale because they didn't have a choice. It's a free market system and the company was owned by the Canadians, not us.

So Hillary Clinton didn't sell Russia any uranium. Now there's a lot of honest, truthful things people can say that aren't good about Hillary.

But just repeating the same lie over and over again isn't one of them.

My goodness. I'm amazed (not) how you can type these things and completely skip the cash that flowed to the Clinton Foundation and the $.5 million speaking fee that went to Billary from players in the U1 deal.

As I've stated before, you work awfully hard to "find" wrongdoing by connecting dots from various books, but overlook the obvious that is right on the page at hand.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you can't refute any of the facts I just laid out.

Thanks for playing.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The only defense I see Trumpers can use is distraction.

Anyone says something negative about Trump, Barr or any of Trumps minions, the first thing we hear is, Clinton did this, Obama did that.

That's because Trump and his Admin can't stand on their own.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Or because the TDS crowd simply cannot use any common sense to assess an issue.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
So you can't refute any of the facts I just laid out.

Thanks for playing.

Follow the money...it's not hard to see.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Or because the TDS crowd simply cannot use any common sense to assess an issue.

And then when you point it out that they use distraction, they bring up a syndrome not recognized by the medical community as even existing... But it makes them feel better so what the heck

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
As I said, it was a Canadian company. So stating that "Hillary sold our uranium to Russia" is a lie. Nine government agencies, eight of which Hillary had nothing at all to do with, approved the sell.

All you throw out is innuendo. Once again, thanks for playing.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
As I said, it was a Canadian company. So stating that "Hillary sold our uranium to Russia" is a lie.

But Tucker/Laura/Sean/Brian/Steve/Judge Jeanine and 9 blonde anonymous bimbi told me this on my 'fair & balanced security blanket.' They wouldn't all lie in the exact same way about the exact same thing, now would they? What are the odds of that happening?

Above is why this st00pid myth lives on like Frankenstein's monster.
The other brain-dead one is the released Iranian assets.

Stab'em repeatedly with poison-tipped facts and you still can't kill them.

FOXd00ps© get fed these rancid bones of disinformation, then treat them like bulldogs with a case of lockjaw.

Love that quote: "A lie can travel halfway around the world while the Truth is still putting on its pants-"

#GMStong
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Mueller Objected to Barr’s Description of Russia Investigation’s Findings

Link Copied to Clipboard