Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Hell freezes over as Jim Acosta, Joe Scarborough praise Trump’s D-Day speech

President Trump’s speech on Thursday honoring the brave Allied fighters who "stood in the fires of hell" on the 75th anniversary of D-Day drew unexpected acclaim from two of his biggest mainstream media critics: CNN’s Jim Acosta and MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough.

“This is perhaps the most on-message moment of Donald Trump’s presidency today. We were all wondering if he would veer from his remarks, go off of his script but he stayed on script, stayed on message and, I think, rose to the moment,” Acosta said on CNN immediately following the speech.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/he...ps-d-day-speech

The Speech...
https://www.foxnews.com/world/president-trumps-speech-75th-d-day-anniversary-normandy

thumbsup

It only took 2 years for him to act presidential for the first time.
#winning?

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not to mention the absolute idiot he has been the rest of this trip.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Hell freezes over as Jim Acosta, Joe Scarborough praise Trump’s D-Day speech

President Trump’s speech on Thursday honoring the brave Allied fighters who "stood in the fires of hell" on the 75th anniversary of D-Day drew unexpected acclaim from two of his biggest mainstream media critics: CNN’s Jim Acosta and MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough.

“This is perhaps the most on-message moment of Donald Trump’s presidency today. We were all wondering if he would veer from his remarks, go off of his script but he stayed on script, stayed on message and, I think, rose to the moment,” Acosta said on CNN immediately following the speech.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/he...ps-d-day-speech

The Speech...
https://www.foxnews.com/world/president-trumps-speech-75th-d-day-anniversary-normandy

thumbsup

So I clicked thru your link and listened to about 5 minutes of Trump's blathering voice slur wheeze through his rambling tones... such a low bar. But I will give him props for staying on script and only looking like half an imbecile.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Come on, you have to admit, Trump did a great job on his speech regarding Normandy.

This is a good quote ""You are among the very greatest Americans who will ever live. You are the pride of our nation. You are the glory of our republic. And we thank you from the bottom of our hearts," the president said, addressing the over 60 veterans in attendance who fought in the consequential battle."
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-t...ory?id=63523054

I mean, that is what I want from an American President. Class, gratitude, recognition. Say what you want about Trump but man, he does an awesome job when he speaks. And I'm very, very, proud of the awesome job he has done with our American economy.

Last edited by RememberMuni; 06/06/19 11:37 AM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not really. You've lowered the bar because it's Trump.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Your friend isn't telling you the whole story. He is dodging a lot of legalities and breaking the law. Which doesn't seem to be all that important in Trumplandia.

What he is avoiding is even paying into unemployment. A requirement by law. He's avoiding matching both Social Security and Medicare payments of his employees. He's avoiding paying into Workers Compensation for his employees.

And if you think for just a minute, who isn't trying to avoid being injured at work?

So what your friend is doing is scamming the system and breaking several laws in order to line his own pockets and rip off the government.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
One thing I find funny is this. He's the first president ever that the media actually has to point out when he goes to a foreign country and doesn't say or do something stupid. But it's an improvement. Hey, I'll take it!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Is that his fault or the media's fault?

P
Legend
Legend
P
To conclude that's the medias fault I would have to reach the conclusion that while he's done an outstanding job on his foreign travels as president, it's taken them two and a half years to actually report it. I feel that would be a rather far fetched conclusion to reach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
. Say what you want about Trump but man, he does an awesome job when he speaks

Every time he reads a Stephen Miller speech, he sounds like he's reading a hostage statement. Pretty sure that some of the 2-syllable words are spelled out phonetically, as well.

A wholly unimpressive waste of DNA in a cheap-looking, ill-fitting suit.

Not even close to being a fan.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:
. Say what you want about Trump but man, he does an awesome job when he speaks

Every time he reads a Stephen Miller speech, he sounds like he's reading a hostage statement. Pretty sure that some of the 2-syllable words are spelled out phonetically, as well.

A wholly unimpressive waste of DNA in a cheap-looking, ill-fitting suit.

Not even close to being a fan.

I honestly think Muni has a future as a comedy writer. Dude move to Hollywood. Cash that humor in.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I've missed seeing Muni around here. Dawg used to be a true regular for years and years. It's good to see him back, tbh.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I find it hilarious that the TDS crowd tries to find something...anything...about Trump to use as their impetus to go off the rails. Words AND action...what a novel concept for an American President.

Today's edition? His praise for our troops in memory of D-Day. My goodness.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
j/c

I find it hilarious that the TDS crowd tries to find something...anything...about Trump to use as their impetus to go off the rails. Words AND action...what a novel concept for an American President.

Today's edition? His praise for our troops in memory of D-Day. My goodness.

Well look at you! A Trump supporter thinking you have some goodness, bless your heart. tongue

Legend
Legend
He dodged the draft 4 separate times.

This criticism isn't about the troops. It's valid, and it's aimed at the appropriate target.
The man is patently unfit to stand before such Americans.

Try again- on some other subject.
This attempt was an abject fail because the subject is a reprehensible coward. You would treat anyone else the same way. Anyone but him.

You can't shame me about Don the Con.
The shame is yours- because you not only voted for him, you actively defend him even now. Tells us all we need to know about your character, as well as his.

Birds of a feather.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
He dodged the draft 4 separate times.

This criticism isn't about the troops. It's valid, and it's aimed at the appropriate target.
The man is patently unfit to stand before such Americans.

Try again- on some other subject.
This attempt was an abject fail because the subject is a reprehensible coward. You would treat anyone else the same way. Anyone but him.

You can't shame me about Don the Con.
The shame is yours- because you not only voted for him, you actively defend him even now. Tells us all we need to know about your character, as well as his.

Birds of a feather.

You don't know diddly-squat about my character. I'll vote for him again. I'm much more interested in ACTIONS than some flowery words from a coward hell-bent on turning the country into Europe.

You've got nothing on Trump other than you don't "like" him. Well...here's a cookie to make you feel better.

How's the economy? Jobless rates? Stock market? Iran and S Korea put in their places with their hands bound behind them? NATO getting out their checkbooks? Never mind all the stuff that MATTERS...Trump is a meanie.

Now...he wants to destroy the environment? Ridiculous. I'll wait for the pivot back to his tax returns. The good 'ole GO-TO when the made-up, crisis-of-the-day has no legs...again.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
ZING!
ZOWIE!
KAABAAM!

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

The fact that you even believe half of what you post is amazing in and of itself.

BTW- South Korea is our allie. It's N. Korea you make your crazy claim about. The one who agreed to no more missile testing that was just testing missiles again a few weeks ago.

And Iran? You mean the country that is refusing to negotiate a new nuclear deal because Trump broke the last one?

Or maybe Mexico who Trump made a trade deal with only to break it now because he thinks it should be their job to fix our immigration problem.

You really crack me up.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
None of this addresses what I said at all. I spoke directly about his lack of integrity regarding the draft.

Did you serve?
Did you register to serve?

I did one; was prepared to do both, if called.

He did neither.
Like a coward.

And you defend him.

Point at all the shiny objects you want... you cannot refute what I said. So the rest of your post was "reenyreenyreeny, yaddayaddayadda."

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

S Korea put in their places with their hands bound behind them?

The wacky right in a nut shell.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I recall a time when the Liberals said it was proof of good character for people to move to Canada to avoid Vietnam.

Oh how times have changed.

Oh yeah, cuz Trump. rofl

Didn't Bernie and Biden get deferments?

Bernie Sanders applied for conscientious objector status during the Vietnam War, his campaign confirmed to ABC News.
Now he wants to be Commander in Chief.

He was 6 feet tall and had an athlete’s build. He played football in high school and was active in sports throughout college. He spent one summer as a lifeguard at a local pool.

But after he graduated college in the spring of 1968 and became eligible for the draft and —possibly — combat duty in Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that let him avoid military service.

No, not bone spurs. Asthma.

And his name was Joe Biden.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 06/07/19 02:09 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well you don't have to move to Canada if you have enough wealth to avoid the draft and still stay here without being convicted of a crime.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I recall a time when the Liberals said it was proof of good character for people to move to Canada to avoid Vietnam.

Oh how times have changed.

Now they stand toe-to-toe and actively oppose the likes of you who would take our country back- to 1908.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
“It’s hard to imagine a complete break of the United States from China or of China from the United States. We are not interested in this, and our American partners are not interested in this. President Trump is my friend and I am convinced he is also not interested in this,” said Xi, according to a translation by Reuters.

thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet there are no negotiations at this time. When you get distracted by sound bites and refuse to look at the facts you become easily confused.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I see you still never read "The Art of the Deal".

These are negotiations.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not into reading a lot of fiction.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

I doubt trump has read it. He certainly didn’t write it. Tony Schwartz did.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyork...r-tells-all/amp

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P

These are negotiations.

BTW- It's China refusing to negotiate, not us. It seems they may know about the art of the deal than Trump does.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Well they do say only young people vote democrat. Once you grow older, start making a living, and paying taxes you start to vote republican.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yet there are no negotiations at this time. When you get distracted by sound bites and refuse to look at the facts you become easily confused.

Frankly how would you now whether or not there are negotiations happening? You're not privileged to such information and do not work in the oval office. You have no idea what you're talking about. When I see dumb posts like these it is my duty to call them out.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 06/07/19 11:36 PM.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Friday, June 07, 2019

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 48% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance.

thumbsup

O
Legend
Legend
O
Friday, June 07, 2019

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 48% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance.

thumbsup

rofl Rasmussen can't even get him over 50% and they skew to the far right!

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

Frankly how would you now whether or not there are negotiations happening? You're not privileged to such information and do not work in the oval office. You have no idea what you're talking about. When I see dumb posts like these it is my duty to call them out.

So why do you add so many dumb posts???

O
Legend
Legend
O
Trump had another notable scumbag fan...

'Whitey' Bulger praised Trump in prison letters

Letters sent from prison by notorious mob boss James "Whitey" Bulger in the last months of his life reveal his thoughts on various subjects, including repeated praise for President Trump.

NBC News reported Saturday that Bulger wrote in letters to various recipients of his support for Trump and anger at the news media, which he argued would attack the president while helping Democrats.

"Trump is tough and fights back instead of bowing down to pressure — and caving in to press! U.S. agrees with him press attacking and his reaction increases his popularity — He has my vote so far," Bulger wrote last August, nearly two years after Trump's election, according to NBC.

"My bet is he's happy with present wife and settled down," he reportedly wrote in another letter. "No way would he wind up in Oval Office with a Monica Lewinsky — That was a scandal! Same media that attacks Trump would cover up for Bill Clinton."

Bulger also went after another target in his letters: special counsel Robert Mueller, whose nearly two-year investigation into the Trump campaign and Russian election interference concluded earlier this year.

"Trump is experiencing what Mueller and company can orchestrate," Bulger reportedly wrote in September, a month before his death. "[Mueller] should observe biblical saying - 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.'"

Bulger was killed last fall in his prison cell shortly after being transferred to the West Virginia facility. The 89-year-old former Boston crime boss was facing life sentences for 11 murders and other charges.

Captured in 2011 after more than a decade on the run from police, Bulger was reportedly killed by two inmates including a former mob hitman.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-...-prison-letters

Fits right in with the Nazis and KKK.

Legend
Legend
My Pops:
"Water seeks its own level. People do, too."

M
Legend
Legend
M
Meanwhile - Trump the Dictator continues to stick his middle finger up at everything that is the norm... whether it's attacking the FBI or DOJ, undermining and belittling his appointees, questioning the motives of judges based on the color of their skin, to a blanket order to defy subpoena, .... well the list goes on.

But here's the latest stunt and not a word on here because Trump's presidency is one giant continuous cluster F:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...must-be-stopped

The more things change the more they stay the same.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

I'm not sure if your response is directed at me or not since I wasn't responding to you. I know you are one of the more "out there" posters on the board though. I'll re-emphasis and say its my responsibility to call out dumb posts, especially yours, because they are a plenty.

I do know that the only views you seem capable of providing are far left socialist garbage.

-Charles Bukowski
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

I'm not sure if your response is directed at me or not since I wasn't responding to you. I know you are one of the more "out there" posters on the board though. I'll re-emphasis and say its my responsibility to call out dumb posts, especially yours, because they are a plenty.

I do know that the only views you seem capable of providing are far left socialist garbage.

Yes, I was responding to you as I quoted your post and said "you". So yes, obviously I am talking about you. If you weren't detached from reality, you would've realized this in the post title when it said "Re:tasty"

All you do is post wacky far right ideas based in lies and propaganda. Just the other day you called The Hill liberal. The Hill! You're so far detached from reality, that you can't even comprehend. You don't know where left or right is anymore. You just understand that most everything is to the left of you. That's how insane you are towards the right.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus As Trump soars higher, Dems reach their lowest point yet

Link Copied to Clipboard