Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I've never been a supporter for firing squads and I won't follow the lead of those I see as selling their morals down the river. It would make me no better than them.

Yeah, forgot the purple on purpose but was waiting for somebody on the far right to have a meltdown over me saying that. I don't support killing anyone who doesn't deserve it or just plain need killing and you have to be a pretty bad person to meet that criteria. Dumbass bigot doesn't qualify, nor does a non violent criminal administration.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
White House tells Hicks, Donaldson not to turn over certain documents to House Judiciary

https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat...uments-to-house

More obstruction and illegal tampering.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
House Democrats officially introduce contempt resolution for Barr, McGahn

House Democrats have officially introduced a resolution to hold Attorney General William Barr and former White House counsel Don McGahn in contempt of Congress for failing to comply with congressional subpoenas.

The contempt resolution allows House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) to go to court to seek civil enforcement of the subpoena for Barr to turn over special counsel Robert Mueller’s unredacted report and underlying evidence, as well as for McGahn to provide documents and public testimony.

The resolution also gives any committee chair the rare power to go to federal court to seek civil enforcement of subpoenas, both current and future orders, so long as they are granted approval by the Bipartisan Legal Advisory Group.

The House Rules Committee is expected to mark up the resolution to hold Barr and McGahn in contempt on Monday, according to a Democratic congressional aide, and the full House is slated to vote on the resolution Tuesday.

The measure, introduced by Rules Committee Chairman Jim McGovern (D-Mass.), comes as Democrats accuse the White House of unprecedented efforts to stonewall their legitimate investigations into President Trump and his administration. The White House has accused Democrats of trying to score political points against Trump ahead of the 2020 election.

Nadler subpoenaed Barr for the full Mueller report in April following its release. The Justice Department has so far refused to turn over the full report and underlying evidence, arguing that doing so would amount to Barr violating the law by releasing grand jury material and compromising ongoing investigations.

Instead, Barr has offered for a select group of lawmakers, including Nadler, to view a less-redacted version of the report provided they keep its contents confidential. Democrats have rejected this arrangement as too limited.

The fight reached a fever pitch last month, as the Judiciary panel voted along party lines to hold Barr in contempt and Trump asserted executive privilege over the subpoenaed materials on the attorney general’s recommendation.

Separately, the committee had subpoenaed McGahn for documents and public testimony, but he has refused to comply on instructions from the White House.

McGahn didn’t show up for a public hearing on May 21 after Trump told him not to testify, citing a Justice Department legal opinion that the former official is immune from compelled congressional testimony.

The plans to vote on the resolution mark a dramatic escalation in Democrats’ battle with the Trump administration.

Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.), the top Republican on the Judiciary Committee, voiced concern that such a measure will pull power away from the full House and concentrate it in the power of five top House leaders -- three top Democrats and two top Republicans -- to decide.

“The resolution takes power away from the 435 members of the House by giving only five members a vote for whether a chairman can sue to enforce subpoenas," Collins said in a statement. "In their zeal for Article II information, Speaker Pelosi and Chairman Nadler are skipping key steps on the road to that material. I fear House Democrats may be doing immeasurable harm to our Article 1 powers by taking weak cases to court.”

Democratic aides describe the resolution as a powerful expression to the courts about the White House refusing to comply with their “reasonable” requests and an effort to enforce subpoenas across the board. It is also a move that reaffirms the current rules, rather than changing them.

The aides emphasized that the case could potentially unlock many doors for the investigation if a judge rules the White House cannot assert absolute immunity from its officials testifying. If the judge makes a ruling that McGahn must testify, the aides said, it could also unblock the testimony of other officials that the White House has sought to stop from testifying.

Though the measure deals with civil contempt, a Democratic aide also noted that if Democrats come across behavior that is “egregious enough,” there may be additional criminal contempt proceedings.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/44731...for-barr-mcgahn

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Pelosi tells Dems she doesn't want Trump impeached, she wants to see him in 'prison': Sources

In a closed door meeting on Capitol Hill Tuesday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told key Democratic committee leaders she'd rather see President Trump go to "prison" than start an impeachment process, according to officials familiar with the conversation.

"I don't want to see him impeached, I want to see him in prison," Pelosi told five committee chairs, comments that were first reported by Politico.

Ashley Etienne, a spokesperson for Pelosi, called Tuesday's meeting "productive" and would not comment on the reported prison remark, saying that the leaders "agreed to keep all options on the table" moving forward.

Pelosi's private remarks – described as an aside by one official familiar with her comments – come as she faces growing calls to launch impeachment proceedings against Trump from inside her party.

Nearly 60 House Democrats – 1-in-4 members of the caucus – including half of the majority on the House Judiciary Committee, want to open proceedings, according to an ABC News analysis.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler of New York, who was one of the five chairmen in the closed-door meeting with Pelosi on Tuesday, has repeatedly laid out the case for launching impeachment proceedings to Pelosi in recent weeks.

On Tuesday, he again laid out the case, arguing that it could bolster Democrats' legal standing in court as they battle with the Trump administration over access to documents and testimony, according to sources familiar with the meeting.

Democratic sources familiar with Nadler's thinking believe he is sympathetic to calls from members of his committee to open impeachment proceedings, and has been privately supportive of the effort in conversations with them.

In an interview with CNN on Wednesday, Nadler was asked if he and Pelosi are "on the same page" on the issue of impeachment, and paused before responding.

"As I said, we are launching an inquiry now and whether we'll launch an impeachment inquiry, it may come to that," he said.

"When that decision has to be made, it will be made not by any one individual, it will be made probably by the caucus as a whole. Certainly, Nancy will have the largest single voice in it, various committee chairmen and rank and file members," he added.

A spokesman for Nadler declined to comment on the meeting Thursday.

Pelosi has been wary of starting the impeachment process without bipartisan support, concerned that the effort could potentially backfire and cost Democrats their House majority. There is also concern that impeachment could help Trump's reelection chances, particularly if the GOP-led Senate votes to acquit him.

In a news conference Wednesday, she defended Democrats efforts to continue their oversight investigations and bring the Trump administration to court to when necessary to enforce subpoenas.

"Make no mistake," Pelosi said. "We know exactly what path we're on. We know exactly what actions we need to take. And while that may take more time than some people want it to take, I respect their impatience. It's a beautiful thing and it's important to our country."

"I'm not feeling any pressure," she said of the impeachment push from some members.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pelosi-tells-dems-trump-impeached-prison-sources/story

Lock him up! Lock him up! lol

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Pelosi is such an idiot, but understands in political theatre that delivering lines is a safer route than committing to action.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Pelosi is such an idiot, but understands in political theatre that delivering lines is a safer route than committing to action.

Cept Pelosi is actually committed to putting trump in prison. Unlike trump’s vail threats to lock up Hillary.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Then she would have brought him up for impeachment already.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c

This is the best and most clear cut breakdown of Barr's lies to the public about the Mueller report.

And it just goes to show you the "value" of being first to announce the 'result' of the report .... millions of idiot Trumpian fan boys and girls happily cling to the "Barr exonerated him" - than knowing what the report actual says. But - this is a very good read that dispels that lie.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/06/barr-lying-mueller-report.html

I think I am pretty safe in stating that not one Trump supporter will be willing to - and certainly not be able to - debate or counter the contents of the article.... we might get a lot of deflection and noise - but zero to counter.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
Legend
Legend
B
How many investigations are needed? We have already had 4 with NOTHING.

Geesh

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Geesh

I know you believe that and it makes me feel sad for you.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T

Geesh

Yup. And the democrats are making NO attempts to pass any laws for the American people. Zero effort to do anything. Zilch. A whole hell of a lot of people will remember that.

The further the democrats go down the road of investigations and impeachment talk the bigger the loss in 2020.its pretty much guaranteed at this point. The only people who don't realize it are the Dems.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

Geesh

Yup. And the democrats are making NO attempts to pass any laws for the American people. Zero effort to do anything. Zilch. A whole hell of a lot of people will remember that.

The further the democrats go down the road of investigations and impeachment talk the bigger the loss in 2020.its pretty much guaranteed at this point. The only people who don't realize it are the Dems.

We needed only 1.

And in it Mueller clearly laid out the corrupt actions of our President.

Barr lied about it. Mueller publicly set the record straight.

The article I posted perfectly lays it out.

As I said - lots of NOISE and DISTRACTION form the Trump stooges but .... z.i.p on debating the facts.

Thank you for proving my point.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Total waste of time. You can't help these guys, they are lost.

P
Legend
Legend
P

The democrats hold the majority in the house of congress. As of now, there are over 100 pieces of legislation passed by the house that the republican held senate refuses to even bring up on the floor. So if you want to talk about somebody not doing their jobs, you may wish to look at the facts instead of just spreading the BS you're being spoon fed.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Babbling on about facts won't get you far I'm afraid

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The democrats hold the majority in the house of congress. As of now, there are over 100 pieces of legislation passed by the house that the republican held senate refuses to even bring up on the floor. So if you want to talk about somebody not doing their jobs, you may wish to look at the facts instead of just spreading the BS you're being spoon fed.

Yes, it's easy to pass garbage legislation when you know the Senate will never touch it. The republicans did it for years. Look at the health care bill, for example. They got 100% GOP votes in the house until we had a gop senate. Bunch of damn cowards.

Now the dems are passing crap and more crap so they can talk about how much they're getting done, when none of these bills have a prayer of getting through the process, and they know it.

Only a fool believes this type of theater. If you don't believe me, please recall the "green new deal" when the GOP decided to give it a vote. The dems panicked.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Juan Williams: Cloud of illegitimacy hangs over Trump

BY JUAN WILLIAMS, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 06/10/19 06:00 AM EDT

So now he admits it?

President Trump recently tweeted that investigations into allegations of collusions with Russia were unfair “because I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected.”

Uh, Mr. Trump, you’ve now admitted that Russia acted to put you in the White House?

Of course, within hours Trump reverted to denying Russia helped him: “Russia did not get me elected,” he told reporters asking about the tweet.

Trump is afraid of the truth regarding Russia’s help because it opens the door for Americans to see him as an illegitimate president.

And if he admits he is in the White House by accident, then his campaign for reelection starts in a big hole. Voters will have to face the ugly reality that he is president only because Russia twisted the 2016 race.

By the way, there is no question that Russia worked to get him elected.

U.S. intelligence agencies stated unequivocally in January 2017 that Russia interfered for the express purpose of boosting Trump and defeating his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton.

That truth is so frightening to Trump that last year, while standing next to Russian President Vladimir Putin, he said he believed Putin’s denials of interference and not the findings of America’s own intelligence agencies.

That jaw-dropping statement at the Helsinki summit in July 2018 was famously described by the late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) as “one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory.”

Even now, Trump persists in telling people at his rallies that the “deep state” is selling a “Russia hoax.”

Special Counsel Robert Mueller in fact found numerous contacts between Russia and the Trump camp but concluded there was insufficient evidence for an indictment.

Recall the final words from Mueller at his press conference last month, when he asked Americans to focus on the “central allegation of our indictments — that there were multiple, systemic efforts to interfere in our election. That allegation deserves the attention of every American.”

Mueller’s warning is chilling because the crime continues.

Rep. Mike Quigley (D-Ill.), a member of the House Intelligence Committee, said this explicitly last year.

“I am concerned the Russians never left,” he said, adding that the Russians hacked “between 20 and 40 state board of elections” in 2016.

Then-National Security Agency chief Adm. Mike Rogers was famously asked last year by the Senate Armed Services Committee if the White House had ordered him to do more to stop future Russian interference in elections.

Rogers said it had not.

“President Putin has clearly come to the conclusion that there’s little price to pay and that therefore ‘I can continue this activity,’” added Rogers. “Clearly what we have done hasn’t been enough.”

In May, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said Russian hackers accessed voting data in two Florida counties.

“Russia’s social media efforts will continue to focus on aggravating social and racial tensions, undermining trust in authorities and criticizing perceived anti-Russia politicians,” according to a “Worldwide Threat Assessment” from U.S. intelligence agencies issued in January.

But when then-Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen expressed concern to White House officials that Russia interfered with the 2018 midterms, she was told, according to the New York Times, “not to bring it up in front of the president.”

The White House chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, according to the Times, made it clear to Nielsen that Trump “still equated any public discussion of malign Russian election activity with questions about the legitimacy of his victory.”

Maybe that explains why the Trump White House has done away with its cybersecurity coordinator.

Maybe that is why Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law, still describes Russia’s role in the 2016 election as nothing more than “a couple Facebook ads.”

The reality, in the words of FactCheck.org, is that the Mueller report found Russia conducted a “sophisticated, years-long hacking and social media effort to influence an election.”

Incredibly, Kushner later told Axios that he is not sure that he would alert the FBI if he received an email, similar to one he received in 2016, suggesting that Russia was willing to help a future Trump campaign:

“It’s hard to do hypotheticals,” he said.

Say what?

Americans can see through the Trump team’s attitude.

A Monmouth University poll taken last month found 60 percent of Americans think the government is not doing enough to stop Russian interference.

The press, members of Congress and the American people need to ask themselves which is more important: protecting the president’s fragile ego or protecting the integrity of democratic elections?

Whatever your answer, there is no way to save the Trump presidency from being tainted by the cloud of illegitimacy.

Juan Williams is an author, and a political analyst for Fox News Channel. ooo

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/447654-juan-williams-cloud-of-illegitimacy-hangs-over-trump

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/10/19 07:56 AM.

Legend
Legend
Juan Williams is a Liberal Opinion Commentator for FOX News in keeping with their "Fair and Balanced" policies.

They give us both sides of issues. thumbsup

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Juan Williams is a Liberal Opinion Commentator for FOX News in keeping with their "Fair and Balanced" policies.

Glad you agree with im.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Glad you agree with im.

I do agree with you using FOX News as your source. thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
The job of the senate is to bring bills on the floor and vote on them. Not put them on a shelf and refuse to follow the process. The new green deal wasn't even a binding piece of legislation. But the right sure wasn't saying that. They made it sound as of it was a binding measure. It wasn't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Harry Reed disagreed with you. tsktsk

He was the master of piling Bills on his desk and allowing them to accumulate dust.

The Democrat Congress sends Liberal Agenda Bills to the Senate and they just rolleyes

Try passing some meat and potatoes and it will go through.

Try not to attack the President the same day you wish to discuss things like Infrastructure. notallthere

Just try to stop being stupid for a couple of days.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Do you mean like an election security bill? One that would help stop foreign governments from interfering in our elections? Now why would McConnell be refusing to bring that on the floor for a vote I wonder?

Or would it be the election reform bill?

That's what mud slingers do. They refuse to address specifics and just throw out garbage that has no merit.

I don't disagree that the Dems come up with some pretty partisan bills. But you really need to quit acting like that's all they do and absolve the senate from bringing common sense bills to the floor.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

Try not to attack the President the same day you wish to discuss things like Infrastructure.

Why? Infrastructure was a Trump campaign promise. So are you trying to say if you disagree with the president it will prevent him from doing what he promised he would do?

You may have a valid point there. I mean he made a new trade deal with Mexico last year and threatened to promptly break that deal less than a year later if Mexico didn't allow him to set their immigration policies.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The job of the senate is to bring bills on the floor and vote on them. Not put them on a shelf and refuse to follow the process. The new green deal wasn't even a binding piece of legislation. But the right sure wasn't saying that. They made it sound as of it was a binding measure. It wasn't.

No, wrong.

Ultimately, a law can only be passed if both the Senate and the House of Representatives introduce, debate, and vote on similar pieces of legislation. ... Once each chamber has approved the bill, the legislation is sent to the President. The President then makes the decision of whether to sign the bill into law or not.

Their job is not to simply approve the junk the House has sent them.

Legend
Legend

No, wrong.

Ultimately, a law can only be passed if both the Senate and the House of Representatives introduce, debate, and vote on similar pieces of legislation. ... Once each chamber has approved the bill, the legislation is sent to the President. The President then makes the decision of whether to sign the bill into law or not.

That's how it's supposed to work, but you got a dimwit like McConnell who won't even allow votes or discussion on the floor of the senate... Is he afraid they might get passed?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Their job is to vote on the bills. Nobody said approve them. You just described how both the congress and the senate must pass a bill before it can become law. Yet on the other hand you make excuses why they aren't holding a vote.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Maybe this will help.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It would help if the senate actually voted on bills.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

No, wrong.

That's how it's supposed to work, but you got a dimwit like McConnell who won't even allow votes or discussion on the floor of the senate... Is he afraid they might get passed?

You have a wise man like McConnell who knows when a piece of junk bill is DOA. He doesn't waste everyone's time on garbage.

He keeps them busy approving Trump's Judges to the Federal Bench as Democrats ground that process to a halt. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Their job is to vote on the bills. Nobody said approve them. You just described how both the congress and the senate must pass a bill before it can become law. Yet on the other hand you make excuses why they aren't holding a vote.

Wrong again!

Bills can be introduced whenever the House is in session. ... In the Senate, a bill is introduced by placing it on the presiding officer's desk or by formally introducing it on the Senate Floor. In the House, a bill clerk assigns the bill a number. House bills begin with "H.R."

So why isn't the House bringing Senate Legislation to the floor for a vote?

Do as I say, not as I do. tsktsk

P
Legend
Legend
P
What are you even talking about? Dear god....

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Anyway, I see both Schiff and Nadler have begun to act like adults...

Nadler puts Barr contempt push on hold after striking Mueller report deal

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler announced Monday that he plans to hit pause on efforts to hold Attorney General Bill Barr in contempt, after reaching a deal with the Justice Department for access to evidence related to former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia report.

In a statement, Nadler, D-N.Y., announced the agreement with the Justice Department to turn over key evidence from Mueller’s investigation pertaining to the review of whether President Trump obstructed justice.

House Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Doug Collins, R-Ga., praised Nadler on Monday for negotiating with the Justice Department “for the first time in months.”

“Today’s good faith provision from the administration further debunks claims that the White House is stonewalling Congress, which Chairman Schiff’s successful negotiations with the Justice Department already showed,” Collins said, referring to an agreement between the House Intelligence Committee and the Justice Department last month. At the time, the Justice Department agreed to share some documents with Schiff’s committee.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nadler-...t-deal-with-doj

See, lose the hate, start talking to people instead of at them and you get results.

Nothing to hide when there is no there, there. thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
So they agreed to turnover the evidence they were denying before and Fox News is trying to spin that. You buy it hook, line and sinker. No surprise here. The White House buckled.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So they agreed to turnover the evidence they were denying before and Fox News is trying to spin that. You buy it hook, line and sinker. No surprise here. The White House buckled.

As usual, you are wrong.

FOX has nothing to do with statements issued by our Government officials. You can read the same stuff everywhere.

Back to making your mud pies. Add some extra hate to them. tsktsk

P
Legend
Legend
P
Still stonewalling. But it's funny how you claimed all along they weren't.
Even now, with the evidence right in front of your face you're in denial.

They stonewalled all the way up until it got to the point that they were ready to file contempt charges before they caved. How transparent of them.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Still stonewalling. But it's funny how you claimed all along they weren't.
Even now, with the evidence right in front of your face you're in denial.

They stonewalled all the way up until it got to the point that they were ready to file contempt charges before they caved. How transparent of them.

So your definition of stonewalling is ignoring a circus?
Who you got testifying today?
Howard Dean? rofl
Thought he was dead.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
loved how he had to deflect with a random fox news article

P
Legend
Legend
P

So your definition of stonewalling is ignoring a circus?

Is that the best excuse you have for ignoring the rule of law by obeying subpoena's? See, that's all you have, excuses for breaking the law.

Quote:
Who you got testifying today?

Since trump is continuing his obstruction by demanding people not follow legal subpoenas, nobody. That's what happens when there are people like you who applaud criminal activity.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
loved how he had to deflect with a random fox news article

Having to explain what I say is one thing.
Having to explain what he said and why I replied is too much.

Comprehend?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump and his admin refusing to allow congress to investigate.

Link Copied to Clipboard