Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
It's sad when teachers allow their biases to influence who they teach and won't teach. This woman was no "teacher."

Quote:
School board votes to fire high school teacher who reported undocumented immigrant students to President Trump

Yahoo Lifestyle Elise Solé,Yahoo Lifestyle 6 hours ago

06/05/2019 UPDATE: The Fort Worth Independent School District in Texas has voted 8-0 to fire teacher Georgia Clark for reporting undocumented students to President Trump via Twitter.

The district tweeted the results of the unanimous vote on Tuesday.

The former Carter-Riverside employee can reportedly try to appeal the decision with the state.

——————————————————————————————————

Georgia Clark, a Texas high school teacher, reported her undocumented students to President Donald Trump, telling him to, “Drain the swamp.”

Viral Twitter screenshots from a person named Clark using the deleted handle @Rebecca1939 pleaded with the president to deal with the population of undocumented students at Carter-Riverside High School in Fort Worth.

According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, which reportedly validated the tweets, an English and language arts teacher named Georgia Clark works at the school.

Last week, one tweet said, “Mr. President, I asked for assistance in reporting illegal immigrants in the FWISD public school system and what I received was an alarming tweet from someone identifying himself as one of your assistants followed by a second tweet from the same person.”

“Mr. President, Forth Worth Independent School District is loaded with illegal immigrants from Mexico,” states Clark’s May 17th tweet. “Carter-Riverside High School has been taken over by them. Drug dealers are on our campus and nothing was done to them when the drug dogs found the evidence.”

Another one from Clark: “I do not know what to do. Anything you can do to remove the illegals from Fort Worth would be greatly appreciated.”

Clark allegedly tweeted in March, “My prayers were answered. Drain that swamp and the sooner the better.”

Clint Bond, a communications executive at the district, tells Yahoo Lifestyle, “We have placed the teacher on administrative leave (with pay) and the district continues to review its options in this matter.” Bond did not confirm whether Clark herself had written the tweets.

The teacher included two phone numbers in her tweet to the president, none of which were working when Yahoo Lifestyle called for comment. A third listed number for Clark had been changed.

A former teacher in the district, who did not want to be identified tells Yahoo Lifestyle, “I’m shocked. I worked at a high school in Fort Worth with a very high percentage of undocumented students. These kids worked very hard to create a better life here for themselves, many of mine obtaining scholarships at university for engineering, business, and medical degrees. I am disheartened to hear an educator would use their position as a political platform to promote hate and discrimination especially in a manor we as educators are trying to curb, social media. It can be such a divisive and harmful means of spreading hateful discrimination. It makes me extremely uncomfortable. I love my students, not because of who they are or where they were born, but because of who they have become.”

A spokesperson for the Fort Worth Independent School District shared a voicemail and an email message from superintendent Kent P. Scribner, with Yahoo Lifestyle. “In the past 24 hours, there has been much talk in the news and on the Internet about the use of social media by our staff,” said Scribner. “Our mission is to prepare ALL students for success in college, career and community leadership. Let me reiterate our commitment that every child in the District is welcome and is to be treated with dignity and respect. As we conclude the school year this Friday, please know we take this promise very seriously and your child’s safety and well-being are always our number-one priority. Thank you.”

Legend
Legend
thats how maga hatters refer to kids now, as "draining the swamp"?

and yet you continue to expect me to tolerate these losers?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I never asked you to tolerate them, Swish. I only asked you to not lower yourself to the same standards as they employ. We're better than they are because we are more humane.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Shameful.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
You are correct sir. Sad.

But I would support a teacher who learned about and refused to teach the children of a irresponsible gun owner and turned them into the authorities.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
There's almost 100,000 K-12 teachers in the U.S.

With that number of humans, inappropriate behavior is inevitable.

People sometimes go crazy.

This lady either went crazy or... well yeah... crazy (temporarily insane willynilly )

She's gone.

With 100,000 people this happens.

To make more out of it than that is wrong.

I hope Ft. Worth has a fine school system otherwise.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually there are over 3.5 million teachers in the United States between grades K-12. But your point still stands.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Actually there are over 3.5 million teachers in the United States between grades K-12. But your point still stands.

I thought 100,000 seemed low. Thanks for the correction.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'm sorry some of you think that law abiding citizens are bad people. You prefer to have people who break the laws of the land as your neighbors. Good for you.

Of course nobody cares that illegals are selling drugs in the school and that the police won't arrest them because they are illegal. Just don't ask my kids to be in schools that welcome drug dealers like this district does.

But by all means reward criminals for breaking the law instead of getting rid of them and punishing them for it. Hell might as well just get rid of the laws since you don't want them enforced anyways.

Just sad.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
No one should be surprised that Razor is calling kids bad people. Him and trump are made for each other.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
We need more every day Americans like this teacher upholding the rule of law. Every person who is here illegally is breaking federal law and should be deported immediately, sick of it.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I think some people confuse law and ethics. Laws are a set of rules and regulations that are set by those in authority. There are consequences and penalties for those that break the laws. Some laws are designed to protect people and others are designed to protect those who own the authority and suppress those beneath them.

On the other hand, ethics are a guide for people and society about what is good or bad, and right or wrong. It molds one's behavior and how we treat others. Ethics helps us to live a good and honorable life, by following sound moral decisions.

I am not a law-breaking man, but I'm more than that. I place ethics that are driven by sound moral character far above the rules and regulations set by those in power.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Hateful bigot school teacher thinks undocumented children at her school are the swamp, pleads to drain them... 2020's new GOP's "Joe the Plumber".

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/09/19 01:21 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think some people confuse law and ethics. Laws are a set of rules and regulations that are set by those in authority. There are consequences and penalties for those that break the laws. Some laws are designed to protect people and others are designed to protect those who own the authority and suppress those beneath them.

On the other hand, ethics are a guide for people and society about what is good or bad, and right or wrong. It molds one's behavior and how we treat others. Ethics helps us to live a good and honorable life, by following sound moral decisions.

I am not a law-breaking man, but I'm more than that. I place ethics that are driven by sound moral character far above the rules and regulations set by those in power.

Well said.

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Thank you, sir.

Ethics are important. I don't care if you outnumbered 99 to 1, maintaining a high sense of ethics/morality is very important. To hell w/what the backlash might cost you.

I want to add this......As many of you know, I was a teacher for a long time. And I have to say I was a damn good teacher. I still am contacted by former students and players that are decades removed from when they were my students/players.

So, I can say this w/confidence:

Teachers don't choose their students. They serve their students.

We take what we are given and work to the best of our ability to make our students better citizens and help them become successful in a multitude of ways.

Doctors, nurses, anesthesiologists, techs, etc are the same. You don't choose your patients. You don't refuse to try and aide the criminals or anyone else. You do your job. That job is to make the person better.

We don't play "God" and decide who deserves what. We work our freaking asses off to serve the people under our care.

That's ethics.

That's the right thing to do.

And a ton of us will never give up that fight no matter what those in power decide!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Good teachers will report criminal activities when they are witnessed. Putting their head in the sand because they feel they are doing the right thing puts their other students in danger.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
I didn't know those teachers witnessed those children crossing the border.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

If they know they are here illegally. They must report the criminal activity. That protects other students.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
What evidence do they have that they are here illegally? It sounds like you're saying point the finger at anyone you feel is suspect of anything.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What evidence do they have that they are here illegally? It sounds like you're saying point the finger at anyone you feel is suspect of anything.

The teacher must have known to report. If they do not know then there is nothing to report. But once they know for sure they are obligated to report criminal activity.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg

The teacher must have known to report. If they do not know then there is nothing to report. But once they know for sure they are obligated to report criminal activity.

You mean like Congress is doing with Trump? wink

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
We need more every day Americans like this teacher upholding the rule of law. Every person who is here illegally is breaking federal law and should be deported immediately, sick of it.

You forget that teachers tend to be Liberals and Liberals tend to think the law is what they decide it is, not what it actually is.

Witness Sanctuary Cities.
Pot use.
Hiding illegals from law enforcement.
Open Borders.

P
Legend
Legend
P
How did they "know"? Yo keep spewing crap but have nothing to back it up. I think the word you're looking for is suspect, not know.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

You forget that teachers tend to be Liberals and Liberals tend to think the law is what they decide it is, not what it actually is.

Pot use.
Open Borders.

It appears a very high percentage of the 6400 responders to the article agree with the teacher:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high-sch...-000931219.html

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I love how the same people that are for the inhumane abortion rules like late term and fully develop babies and afterbirth living innocent human beings and the rallying cry from the lefties here are "The taxpayers are gonna foot the bill for the unwanted children" but want American taxpayers to foot the bill for ILLEGALS but they think that they are the ETHICAL ones that insult law abiding Americans and should be punished....WTF

Last edited by Riley01; 06/10/19 05:12 PM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: fishtheice

Pot use.
Open Borders.

It appears a very high percentage of the 6400 responders to the article agree with the teacher:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high-sch...-000931219.html

We used to be a Nation of Laws.
Now we are a Nation of Feelings.

Not a good way to run a Country unless you are looking to run it into the ground.

Legend
Legend
That is another reason why we now have the Trump! thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

It is a slippery slope to walk on when you allow the public to determine whether they should follow their own ethics or the laws.

We have had some crappy laws in this country (and still do) and I'm not saying I blame people for taking a stand against them... just stating that as a policy, allowing people to figure for themselves when they will follow the law and when they won't is a dangerous place to be.

On a different note, I find it hysterical that this woman thought that tagging Trump directly in a tweet was the best way to get some action on this.

yebat' Putin
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg

If they know they are here illegally. They must report the criminal activity. That protects other students.

Why are you making things up?

If you are able, read this:

Quote:
In 1982, the U.S. Supreme Court found in Plyer vs. Doe that because undocumented children are illegally in the United States through no fault of their own, they are entitled to the same K–12 educational opportunities that states provide to children who are citizens or legal residents. For this reason, U.S. public schools may not deny or discourage enrollment to any school-age children, regardless of their immigration status. In addition, such students are eligible for free and reduced-price meals, special education services, and school-sponsored events and activities. Federal law does not require school districts or their employees to report undocumented students to immigration authorities. Doing so would constitute a violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act if information in a student’s education records is disclosed without consent.

https://www.nassp.org/policy-advocacy-center/nassp-position-statements/undocumented-students/

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
LOL...........I bet we won't hear a lot of talk about being a Nation of Laws after reading that last post.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yo 40. Yo Riley. Yo Day. Where are you guys. Are you okay w/this teacher breaking the Laws of the Land? Are y'all supporting lawlessness, now?

Legend
Legend
I'm here.

I didn't know that was the law. We therefore must obey it.

Once again Vers, yours is the Superior. thumbsup

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Not superior. Just fair.

Legend
Legend
and Balanced.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm here.

I didn't know that was the law. We therefore must obey it.

Once again Vers, yours is the Superior. thumbsup

I agree if that is the law then it must be followed. I always thought teachers must report crimes if they knew about them. But, your post contradicts what I was thought I knew.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Riley01
I love how the same people that are for the inhumane abortion rules
are good with giving rapists parental rights to their victims unborn fetus, and lighter punishments than their victims who abort the violation that has been forcefully deposited in their bodies.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
make our students better citizens
I agree, but they weren't citizens. . . .

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I agree with the rape acception and also if its any medical problem that would endanger the live of the mother to be honest and fair with you.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I never new of the law from 1982 and I accept it ...Thanks for the research and Info.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
no, cold, the school teacher thinks that the money hard working Americans give to educate their children should not be siphoned away to educate kids who do not belong here, who are here illegally. it is not unethical to believe we are a nation, with borders, and that we have the right and responsibility to decide who comes here. coming to America is not a right for non citizens. We choose who gets the awesome privilege of coming to America!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Teacher Reports Illegals to President Trump

Link Copied to Clipboard