Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
I don’t think taxpayer dollars should be used in our school system to teach people who are here illegally.

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 06/13/19 06:23 PM.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
I don’t think taxpayer dollars should be used in our school system to teach people who are here illegally.

When I was younger, I never understand when people would say that they moved to a community/town “because of the good school system”.

I understood it better when I had kids and started paying ~ $5,000/year local property tax on house.

Last edited by rockyhilldawg; 06/13/19 06:43 PM.
Legend
Legend
And what is up with the Left calling illegals, undocumented?

They call them undocumented immigrants as compared to documented immigrants.

It's insulting!

Lumping them together is like saying an illegal drug dealer is an undocumented Pharmacist.

Always with the word games.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
For years my undocumented pharmacist was Charlie.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

Your pharmacist was a Viet Cong?

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

Your pharmacist was a Viet Cong?

No.

My undocumented pharmacist was named Charlie.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I am far from ignorant. In fact, I think the connection is easily seen. However, I won't reciprocate w/an insult towards you.

Clem said something the other day that resonated w/me. He said something like "you will not get any more of my time."

I was going to leave the board after the latest onset of insults in the Duke thread and the fact that no one tried to stop the bullies, but that would be giving the bullies what they want. I will try and follow Clem's advice, so will and Keith, you are not worthy of my time.

Peace be w/you.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Clem said the to me. He apparently despises me, and that's his right.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Btw arch............I never once brought Trump into this discussion other than to say the teacher tried contacting him. I am not trying to make a political statement about Trump or Obama.

I was simply saying that the teacher broke a code of ethical conduct that most of us teachers have. We don't choose our students. We serve them. I also brought in that she broke the law.

That's it.

I am not ignorant like Keith said. I don't hate handicapped people as will said. And my message had nothing to do w/Democrats and Republicans.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
You can do whatever the heck you want, but at least walk away with the the ability to distinguish between a person being ignorant and an idea being ignorant. Then see which one I called ignorant. Distinctions, drawing distinctions.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
There is this thing called critical thinking skills and higher level thinking. One must draw conclusions after being informed of one event and combining it w/other information in the text, video, life situation, etc and then drawing from other sources that are not the exactly the same but have similar characteristics.

The ability to reach higher level thinking or critical thinking skills usually manifests itself around the age of 12. However, some folks never develop that most important ability and the number is much larger than one would think. It is not publicized much because too many fall under it's umbrella.

I have the ability to use critical thinking skills and am very versed in how to draw conclusions from multiple sources of information. I won't insult one who is unable to do so, but I'm not going to accept your claim that I made an ignorant statement. In fact, the statement that I made is indeed a relevant and important point because it identifies that connection between two different scenarios where "hate" and "bias" are the igniters in both situations.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Oh well, all that smoke and you are still wrong.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
You are confusing ideologies w/intelligence and ignorance. Let's be very clear. I didn't say a word to you. Instead, you were the one who said I made an "ignorant" statement. You dedicated an entire post to it.

When I pointed out how I arrived at my conclusion, your witty comeback consisted of "you are still wrong."

With all of that said, I still won't stoop as low as you and call your statements "ignorant."

O
Legend
Legend
O
rofl

Never gets old watching Vers try to remain neutral in here, only to get dragged into yet another garbage heap by a Trumpian!

Vers at least it started out as a decent thread.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Well, I am neutral. I try to judge each individual as such. I wasn't dissing Trump in this thread.

I was dissing hate, bias, and prejudice.......as well as those who don't live up to their job descriptions. I've met too many teachers who are prejudiced. They don't belong in the profession.

We are here to serve our children rather than to decide who deserves to be educated or not.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I can see that is where you are coming from. I agree with you and respect it.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Riley01
I agree with the rape acception and also if its any medical problem that would endanger the live of the mother to be honest and fair with you.

So? The crap show you voted for doesn’t.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I thought I would get a reply like....See we can agree on somethings but, Noooo you had to insult me {In your TDS mind) but I guess you just cant help yourself I guess. SMFH

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Hey Vers, just a question.

Is it not the duty of every good law abiding American citizen to report suspected illegal activity to the authorities?

How exactly is this teacher in the wrong? Is the President of the US not the chief enforcer of the law across the entire nation according to article two of the US Constitution?

I don’t think this teacher done anything wrong. Sure she could have reported this to the local police instead of to the President on Twitter, but at the end of the day she was correct to report this suspected illegal behavior to the Office of the President who is actually in charge of all matters related to border security.

This lady done nothing wrong. She broke no ethics, she was merely doing her duty as a citizen of this nation by reporting suspected illegal activity to the authorities. In this case she choose to report it directly to the President simply because of how easy our current President has made it so easy to reach out to him on Twitter.

I am just asking you why you think she done something wrong. Would she still be wring has she just called ICE on these students? Or reported these students to local police? I am just wanting to get an alternate point of view. All I see is a teacher reporting suspected illegal activity or resident to the authorities by tweeting the President who is the proper authority. What exactly am I missing here that makes this such a bad thing?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
The two facedness makes me nauseous.

One president is lauded for deporting and separating families, the next is deemed to be deplorable. I see the damn problem here. Sore ass losers.

Dumb ass comments are even worse. Under Obama only criminals and people with warrants were separated from their families. You know those "dangerous people Mexico keeps sending here".

But you don't want to even talk about the difference in the situations. You want to make it sound the same.

There's no shame to your game.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Quote:
What exactly am I missing here that makes this such a bad thing?

She broke the law. I posted two articles about the law earlier in the thread. One detailed the law, which is named Plyler vs Doe, and the second was a letter to all schools from The Department of Justice reminding everyone of the importance of following that law.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Here is an update on the teacher's situation. I'm posting the link because there are several tweets w/in the article and it won't look good on here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education...m=.c61f6bcb1ce8

Some highlights from the article in case you don't want to read it:

--Georgia Clark has been fired. The school board voted unanimously to terminate her.

--Clark has a history of violations in her career w/the district, including insulting her students' ethnicity.

--Clark is denying this, but she is accused of asking to see a child's papers proving he/she was legal when the child asked her to use the bathroom.

--She kicked a student in 2007.

--She called a group of students "Little Mexico" and referred to another as "White Bread."

--This is interesting because Georgia Clark thought her tweets were private.

Quote:
Clark was careful in her approach, she believed, and told the president she needed guarantees her identity would be protected when action was taken. “Texas will not protect whistle blowers. The Mexicans refuse to honor our flag,” she wrote.

This is my opinion. Georgia Clark will never teach again and Thank God for that.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The two facedness makes me nauseous.

One president is lauded for deporting and separating families, the next is deemed to be deplorable. I see the damn problem here. Sore ass losers.

Dumb ass comments are even worse. Under Obama only criminals and people with warrants were separated from their families. You know those "dangerous people Mexico keeps sending here".

But you don't want to even talk about the difference in the situations. You want to make it sound the same.

There's no shame to your game.

Follow along. "Show me where in the new testament....." and I did. However, it was not a direct quote from Jesus.

It then became "Trump puts kids in cages." etc. Turns out the pic. was from the Obama era.

Now, you're changing goal post again???

O
Legend
Legend
O
Pit don't even bother engaging with Arch. His only agenda these days is purely to troll the left on here and you've been lumped in as a NOT GOP ENOUGH for Trumpians.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Now, you're changing goal post again???

I didn't know that actually pointing out the difference in circumstances was moving the goal posts.

I guess it must be when it points out that there's really no comparison between the two when people are so busy trying to claim there is.

Quit trying to deny what you posted arch...

Quote:
One president is lauded for deporting and separating families, the next is deemed to be deplorable.

In case it was you who couldn't follow along, that's what I was referring to.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Pit don't even bother engaging with Arch. His only agenda these days is purely to troll the left on here and you've been lumped in as a NOT GOP ENOUGH for Trumpians.

Yeah and I'm not really liberal enough for most Democrats. But I'm pretty fond of being in that position.

I address arch because he's a pretty funny guy sometimes. He points out things like he has someone very close to him that's gay. Which is true.

Then he turns around and refuses to address that an evangelical group only has a problem with gays being included in a certain legislation. I mean you can't make that crap up. Instead he won't comment on their discrimination of gays and attacks the legislation itself.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Wow.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's true. I posted two articles. One where an evangelical group had zero problem with blacks and others being included in legislation. But not gays. Just below that in the same thread, I posted an article about another evangelical group calling for the death of gays.

You made no comment about either.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I guess I didn't see them? In this thread?

Oh, and I wasn't aware I needed to comment on them.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Yeah and I'm not really liberal enough for most Democrats. But I'm pretty fond of being in that position.

I address arch because he's a pretty funny guy sometimes. He points out things like he has someone very close to him that's gay. Which is true.

Then he turns around and refuses to address that an evangelical group only has a problem with gays being included in a certain legislation. I mean you can't make that crap up. Instead he won't comment on their discrimination of gays and attacks the legislation itself.

Bro, I have an uncle with a semi-closeted yet obviously gay son who lives with another man as "friends". His FB profile says in a "domestic partnership" and that is the one and only time I've ever seen his homosexuality claimed.

The other man is an immigrant from Syria or Lebanon, I can't remember which, but he has been here for 30+ years and can't go back due to his homosexuality.

My uncle is a hardcore Trumpian, a lifelong GOPer, and a retired long haul Trucker with an "Archie Bunker like" lifeview. He constantly rages against Muslims, middle easterners, lgbtq rights agendas, and liberal democrat agendas on FB like it's his job. He's in a hate filled self feeding loop of like minds on FB. Yet he will embrace and talk highly of his son and his partner without acknowledging they are gay, one was raised muslim, and both are liberals when policies effect them while being Trumpians the rest of the time. smh

Sadly, I've had or have several gay/lesbian relatives in my extended family and not one of them is open or out about it. So I have to give Arch props for admitting and accepting that his kid is gay. I would never use that against him.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/14/19 04:11 PM.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
j/c:

Guys, you are getting off topic. I think there is plenty to discuss about the topic w/out having to turn it into something else.

There is racism, child abuse, neglect of the law, covert practices, etc in that last article. I think they should be addressed, especially given some of the earlier posts in this thread by those who defended that so-called teacher.

Legend
Legend
just clicking

In all the years I spent as a teacher/faculty/mentor, I never once had an interest in a student's immigration status. It simply never came up in my thought patterns. I had students who needed an education, I had students to teach. My mind doesn't default to such a setting. Never has. This law was never an issue (breaking it/following it) for me, because I've always been the kind of person for whom this slice of sociopolitical nuance simply didn't matter.

You see... I was, and always will be a teacher first. Where there is need that I can provide, I will do it- every time. I have only 2 questions: "Whom do I teach?" "Where do I teach?"

I don't give a duck about anything else.

For me, it's always been people reaching people. My personal superpower involves reaching people through word and sound. I've been blessed beyond measure to have always been able to change the world (in some small measure) without needing a brightly-colored skintight spandex bodysuit to pull it off. The world is blessed with being spared that sight, as well. Trust me.

I never needed a law to treat all my kids with a high/flat level of respect and service. I just did it- because that's what it has always meant to be a *ing teacher.

Don't do it if you can't do it for everyone.

Wanna know why, beyond the scope of raw, basic law?
It's purely a practical/ethical/common sense standard:

Suppose 'John Q Keepemout's' son or daughter is sitting right next to 'Maybee I. Izoraint's' kid... who asks me a question. There is every chance that my answer to Izoraint's' kid gives Keepemout's kid the exact same insight, as well. If I teach kids with a sliding scale of quality based upon my perception of their individual worthiness, I risk cheating every single kid in my sphere, because my personal biases disqualify me from determining a student's worthiness. All are worthy- or none are. Given that binary choice, the True Teacher will choose 'all kids' 100% of the time- because the alternative is simply unthinkable/inconceivable/indefensible to him.

I must give the same to all, because I should never be entrusted with the authority to dole out Knowledge based upon my personal impression of who's deserving and who is not. If I cannot agree to this standard, I should shut tf up, and never have influence in anyone's life.

All of this is a long-winded way of saying that this law would never touch me because of the way I run my life and who My Parents raised me to be. Church, classroom, music studio, etc: these are sacrocanct.

I don't break The Family Covenant.

My ancestral Social Pioneers risked everything to give me the life I now enjoy. They created towns, built progressive schools, broke racial/caste/social barriers, took in strays... and never asked any one to produce papers to receive those privileges.

I teach all who come to me without question, because that's how I was raised/trained to exercise our Christianity.
I will not forsake those who made me.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
The USA is ranked 17 in the the world in education, the liberal run urban areas have the most horrible public school systems yet the so called educators here are so concerned with illegals that are draining the resources that are rightfully in place for the American children wheres the outrage ...Oh yeah I forgot they are anti Trump and love the anti Trump teachers unions and that's what this is all about. IMO

Last edited by Riley01; 06/15/19 10:31 AM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
The USA is ranked 17 in the the world in education, the liberal run urban areas have the most horrible public school systems yet the so called educators here are so concerned with illegals that are draining the resources that are rightfully in place for the American children wheres the outrage ...Oh yeah I forgot they are anti Trump and love the anti Trump teachers unions and that's what this is all about. IMO

Did you go to school in an "urban area"?

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

That is NOT what it's all about. Don't tell me what my motives are!

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's far easier to see his motives.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Thankfully, there are many of us who feel the same way you do. We teach children.

I remember a time when I had a teacher look at me w/disdain due where I lived. I was a second class citizen in her eyes. I can't emphasize enough how much pain and damage that she did to me.

You are a child. You have bright eyes. You are expectant. You want to learn.

And then you have a person who is a position you respect look at you w/disdain and constantly remind you that you are not good enough.

On the other hand, you have folks like Clem who will accept all. Who will try and help all no matter what their circumstances are. You have folks rising to new heights due to the efforts of folks like Clem and folks falling due to the hate and bias of teachers like Georgia Clark.

We all have our thangs............but, in the end.............what do you want to be remembered for? A person who repressed others or one who elevated them?

Legend
Legend
4th grade.
Mary Henry.
The only way to kill her was to throw a 5 gal bucket of holy water on her.

Sat the entire class in alphabetical order. But not the Af-Am kids. She sat the 6 of us in a back corner of the room. Still in rows, mind you- but there was a clear line drawn in that classroom. Raised hands inside that red line never got called upon for class participation. She actively sought to dissuade/disallow me (and Sheila Drewry and Debbi Washington) from taking up Music.

Until My Mom showed up one day at last bell. That's when she took the next 10 minutes explaining to that woman just how awful life was about to become for her, should she persist in denying her son and these other children their rights to a full and complete education under the newly-amended Constitution.

That woman came into my life at the most sensitive and influential time imaginable: 9 years old. The heart and start of The Wonder Years. Had she been allowed to succeed in maintaining her caste system, I almost certainly would have never pursued Music even as a hobby. I never would have gained from that discipline's academic side benefits, too many to number in this short post. And I most surely would not have met the faculty, private teachers, mentors and coaches who supplemented My Parents' training and prepared me for a specialist's career.

The Good Guys won in our instance, but I wonder how many others had opportunities stolen from them by teachers like Mary Henry. How many other kids didn't have the support of parents who knew what their rights were? How many other kids didn't have the support community that helped me? It took a host of Good Guys to get me here, and it all could have been scuttled by the efforts of one Bad Guy. One person who presumes to teach kids differently, as determined by their own personal scale of worthiness.

I've talked at length here about how blessed I've been, and how deeply thankful I am. Others who were born with less, deserve every measure of what I've lived. So when I get the chance, I give to all, because I just might turn out to be that teacher who erases what a Mary Henry did to some other kid.

So I don't ask to see papers before I put a bow into a kid's hand. It just doesn't come up. Papers are important to someone else, for a completely different set of reasons. And I don't care about their reasons. Their reasons don't, won't, and can't teach a kid how to do what I do.

There is no other job with higher stakes attached than imparting knowledge. A person's future and potential is at stake with every interaction. All in or all out. That's the only way.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Great post Clem. I had a similar experience in HS. Only the band/orchestra instructor was hitting on the HS girls in orchestra by promising first, and second chairs. Then pushing other and often better musicians back. Even forcing some to quit.

He was eventually caught and ran out of town. Never heard what happened to the creep.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
What exactly am I missing here that makes this such a bad thing?

She broke the law. I posted two articles about the law earlier in the thread. One detailed the law, which is named Plyler vs Doe, and the second was a letter to all schools from The Department of Justice reminding everyone of the importance of following that law.

I see that now. Thank you for the clarification.

My thoughts? This is a damn outrage.

Both the laws and the Supreme Court decision suck.

the American Tax payer is unfairly forced to have these illegal immigrants foisted on them and forced to pay for their damn education unfairly.

At this juncture, The American Taxpayer only has one thing they can do:

"Vote down every single school and operating levy these districts try to pass until they expel every single illegal immigrant child from their school system"

It is NOT illegal for taxpayers to refuse to fund or vote any levy. If they shut down the school, they shut it down. If that's what it takes, then so be it.

I think its probably the only way to get these illegals out of our school, by simply closing our wallets and refusing to pay any new levies or taxes for the schools. Since our government and Supreme Court has failed us.

You know who funds the majority of schools?

PROPERTY OWNERS via property taxes.

Anyone who owns property has no say on how their school spends money today, and is forced to pay for illegal immigrant children too...the only thing they have left is voting down any future levys in hopes of driving these kids out of their schools. Even if that means closing the schools. what a said state of affairs, but our government and Supreme Court has left the American Taxpayer no other alternative.

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 06/17/19 12:22 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Teacher Reports Illegals to President Trump

Link Copied to Clipboard