Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yeah, Miami isn't getting flooded because sea levels are rising. It's all some conspiracy....

Miami is racing against time to keep up with sea-level rise

https://www.businessinsider.com/miami-floods-sea-level-rise-solutions-2018-4

Sticking your fingers in your ears and going, "la, la, la" isn't going to help you.
Or you can actually do some research, and realize Miami is geologically different than most understand - and nothing would prevent Miami from having issues.

I am still waiting for the New York floods some of you guys were parroting form Gore.

I actually believe in Climate Change, btw. I just think its way overblown and there is nothing you can do to prevent it, ask the Mammoths.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Every president since JFK has been warned about climate change. Every president since LBJ have been warned that CO2 emissions will have a great impact on the climate. Not only by scientists, but by national security.

Every president since JFK was warned about climate change

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1060105233

I know you believe this is some manufactured thing that has just been being pushed lately. But we've known about this for a very long time. It's just been ignored and buried.

You seem to promote we don't do anything to try and prevent it because it will do no good. Others, including myself believe we should try to do everything to try and prevent it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, Miami isn't getting flooded because sea levels are rising. It's all some conspiracy....

Miami is racing against time to keep up with sea-level rise

https://www.businessinsider.com/miami-floods-sea-level-rise-solutions-2018-4

Sticking your fingers in your ears and going, "la, la, la" isn't going to help you.

No. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with them building on every strip of land they can find that's right by or surrounded by water. All the concrete and asphalt sucks up water just as well as dirt, right? When you add in the fact that the drainage systems made to take away water also take soil with it, you might be able to see where the problem come from.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
O
Legend
Legend
O
The level of denial is certainly rising...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Maybe they’ll believe it when it comes out of the liar in chief’s mouth...

“The Trump Organization cited climate change in its application for the permit, according to a Politico report from 2016, saying that sea-level rise and more-powerful storms had worsened the threat of erosion. ”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/trump-to-stay-at-doonbeg-his-money-losing-golf-course-threatened-by-climate-change/2019/06/05/417832fe-87a2-11e9-9d73-e2ba6bbf1b9b_story.html%3foutputType=amp

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Maybe they’ll believe it when it comes out of the liar in chief’s mouth...

“The Trump Organization cited climate change in its application for the permit, according to a Politico report from 2016, saying that sea-level rise and more-powerful storms had worsened the threat of erosion. ”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/trump-to-stay-at-doonbeg-his-money-losing-golf-course-threatened-by-climate-change/2019/06/05/417832fe-87a2-11e9-9d73-e2ba6bbf1b9b_story.html%3foutputType=amp

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eur...1b9b_story.html

fixed it for ya.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
From one of the 11:

Senator Kim Thatcher
#Oregon11 #timberunity

By the way a great woman, obviously doing her best to stay out of harms way. She’s agreed to to maintain a proper narrative of why these senators are doing what they are doing.

She has sent what amounts to a daily diary entry for lack of a better term to share with those that support the effort...

These are her unedited words for you to read and hear:

Its Day 2: I am one of the 11 Republican state senators who has left the state in order to deny a quorum to the tyrannical Democrats who have a super majority and are wiling to go to great lengths to ensure passage of their extreme agenda.

I thought you might like to know what we are up against here in Oregon. Actually, I’m not “here” in Oregon as I’ve had to leave the state since the governor has authorized the Oregon State Police to round us up and bring us back to the capital.

Additionally, starting today, the Senate President is planning to fine each of us $500 a day for each session day we deny the super-majority Democrats a quorum.

Reporters have stalked my home and police came to my house just this morning to pay me a visit in case I “need a ride” to the state capital. (As if THAT’S what’s keeping me away!)

The leftist organization, Our Oregon, has made large ad buys against three of us, including myself. The Democrats are threatening community projects in our districts. I’m also a small business owner who works on public works projects so I’m sure I will feel their wrath there as well. Part of the job, I guess.

What’s really rich, though, is that our governor, Kate Brown, orchestrated a walkout of Senate Democrats in 2001—when she was the Senate Democrat Leader—over the Republican “redistricting” plan. (By the way, I think our state is still paying the price for letting them get their way on that one.)

Anyway, in 2001 she told the media that the democrat walkout was very “appropriate” and that, “Under certain circumstances it’s fair to say we would use all tools available to us.”

Now In 2019: Kate Brown to media after REPUBLICANS walkout over an irreversible and extreme bill that will kill our state: “It is absolutely unacceptable that the Senate Republicans would turn their back on their constituents....They need to return and do the jobs they were elected to do.”

Hypocrisy?

And guess what... the Senate Republicans say “Under certain circumstances, it’s fair to say we will use all tools available to us.”

BUT THIS WALKOUT IS NOT ONLY ABOUT THE CAP AND TRADE BILL (or as we “lovingly” refer to as the Cap ‘n Crunch bill).

They passed a $2.5 Billion hidden sales tax (gross receipts tax) when we have a record amount of revenue. This tax was purportedly to help schools but will actually be going to plug the giant holes in our public pension liabilities. So we wanted PERS reform. We walked the day before the vote was scheduled on the gross receipts tax.

We were working closely with a Democrat who bucks her party all the time but still has to be careful. Since her party agreed to do meaningful PERS reform she agreed to vote for the bill. AND the D’s agreed to kill the gun control bill and the forced vaccination bill going through at that time , AND reset the cap and trade bill AND sit down with republicans in a good faith effort to improve the bill....we promised to return and not to walk out the rest of the legislative session which is over July 1.

We returned after five days.

The day we came back, they passed tax bill the day before our revenue projections came out. Our state has so much revenue, in fact, that it triggered our state’s taxpayer “kicker” law where the state returns revenue to taxpayers that exceed projections by a certain percent. More on this later. The hidden sales tax has made people, understandably, angry and they are wanting to collect signatures to get it on the ballot so it can hopefully be overturned.

So, the Democrats have decided to preemptively tilt the outcome of this potential referendum in their favor. They set the date of this election to January 2020 where there are notoriously low voter turnouts. They also granted themselves the power to circumvent the normal process for creating ballot titles by allowing themselves to write the ballot title and description (I.e. the children will suffer unless you make “corporations” pay their fair share) with verbiage that will catch the unaware.

Now back to the kicker. It will likely be over a billion dollars, averaging over $300 per taxpayer. True to form, the Democrats want to steal this money because as you know, there’s never an end to the “good” government can do with other people’s money.

Meanwhile, regarding the “reset” on HB 2020 the cap n crunch bill... there have been NO Republican amendments accepted. After over a hundred different amendments having been proposed by various people, the Joint Carbon Committee (that is the actual name of it, not the Joint CO2 or “Climate Change Committee , but whatever) scheduled many hearings, adopted a couple amendments and the bill flew through the committee process and across the House floor where it was scheduled to land on the Senate floor yesterday.

After spending all day Wednesday trying to negotiate changes, it was clear they were immovable. So we left the state.

Not only was HB 2020 coming to the Senate floor yesterday, a bill that grants driver licenses to illegals was also scheduled. Both of them contain an emergency clause which precludes a referendum by voters who want to put them on the ballot.

As a side note, just a few years ago, the Oregon legislature passed a driver license bill that was successfully put on the ballot where it was handily rejected by voters 2:1. Every county, except Multnomah where Portland resides, rejected driver licenses for illegals.

The D’s learned their lesson. Never again will they let a controversial bill pass that doesn’t include an emergency clause. They are afraid of the voters which oddly elected them, so go figure.

If we stay out of Salem, other bills will die as well. The California style “clean diesel” bill (won’t be able to register and operate any diesels built prior to 2007), the vote manipulation bill for the hidden sales tax, the driver licenses for illegals bill and the bills they had previously agreed to kill: the gun control bill and the forced vaccination bill.

I’m in **** for the moment. Gov. ****** has stated that no Oregon Senate Republicans are welcome here. I believe he would back that up by using his own law enforcement to help Gov Brown get her way on the draconian agenda being forced down our throats in Oregon.

That’s all for now.

Legend
Legend
Wow!

The Fascists have taken over Oregon's government!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Wow!

The Fascists have taken over Oregon's government!

No the fascists walked out and fled the state.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/25/19 06:46 AM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I guess "elections have consequences" only applies when y'all have the majority... smh

They lost giving the dems a super majority! The dems get to make the rules until that changes. This is just like McConnell denying Obama the pick of a SCOTUS Judge! BS. BS. BS.

The right has lost its way.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Except when the 'Progs' do it, then it's OK!

Kim Thatcher for Oregon
June 20 at 3:40 PM ·

In 2001: Kate Brown to media after DEMOCRAT WALKOUT over “redistricting” plan: “Under certain circumstances it’s fair to say we would use all tools available to us.”

In 2019: Kate Brown to media after REPUBLICAN walkout over irreversible and extreme bill that will kill our state: “It is absolutely unacceptable that the Senate Republicans would turn their back on their constituents...They need to return and do the jobs they were elected to do.”

In 2019: Senate REPUBLICANS: Under certain circumstances, it’s fair to say we will use all tools available to us. (!!!)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
yup, it's why we need to work to eliminate procedural rules that enable the minority party to run things. Otherwise, what does it mean to vote?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: fishtheice

Kim Thatcher for Oregon

In 2001: Kate Brown to media after DEMOCRAT WALKOUT over “redistricting” plan: “Under certain circumstances it’s fair to say we would use all tools available to us.”

In 2019: Kate Brown to media after REPUBLICAN walkout over irreversible and extreme bill that will kill our state: “It is absolutely unacceptable that the Senate Republicans would turn their back on their constituents...They need to return and do the jobs they were elected to do.”

In 2019: Senate REPUBLICANS: Under certain circumstances, it’s fair to say we will use all tools available to us. (!!!)

Gerrymandering is wrong no matter who does it...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Every president since JFK has been warned about climate change. Every president since LBJ have been warned that CO2 emissions will have a great impact on the climate. Not only by scientists, but by national security.

Every president since JFK was warned about climate change

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1060105233

I know you believe this is some manufactured thing that has just been being pushed lately. But we've known about this for a very long time. It's just been ignored and buried.

You seem to promote we don't do anything to try and prevent it because it will do no good. Others, including myself believe we should try to do everything to try and prevent it.

So with always needing the last word, you also like to put words into peoples mouth. Please again tell me what else I believe that you are wrong on.

I never said we couldn't try to slow it, I said its going to happen no matter what. Big difference. You cannot stop cyclical weather and changing patterns. You just cannot. Climate change is and always be out of our control in the long run.

I think common sense measures should just be a typical form of decency. Don't liter. Don't pollute. Pretty simple. I do not think that pushing billions and trillions of dollars into lobbyist for green energy pockets is the solution to anything though, especially when its not going to change the fact that long after we are gone, mother earth will still be ticking and this is all a way to just put money into politicians friends pockets.

Legend
Legend
LOL Ok Willie,,, do you believe in Climate Change?

Simple question requiring a simple answer?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
...this is all a way to just put money into politicians friends pockets.

....As is continuing to instead subsidize the carbon heavy energy providers.

[Linked Image]
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

ummmmm, I already answered that.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Probably, But I'm not going to read the whole thread to find it.

Just answer, or don't,, your call

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

The issue is not “if there’s climate change”. Of course there’s climate change.

Not that long ago the area of New York City was under two miles of ice. It all melted before man came.

Clearly massive global warming.

(The Empire State building is only ~ 1/4 mile high)

Of course global weather change will be catastrophic to man.

It's likely:

1) Man currently has very little to do with it, and
2) Man can't do anything about it.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

The issue is not “if there’s climate change”. Of course there’s climate change.

Not that long ago the area of New York City was under two miles of ice. It all melted before man came.

Clearly massive global warming.

(The Empire State building is only ~ 1/4 mile high)

Of course global weather change will be catastrophic to man.

It's likely:

1) Man currently has very little to do with it, and
2) Man can't do anything about it.

Science says otherwise...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's odd that not only science but also national security has been warning presidents since Kennedy that "CO2 emissions" are a big contributing factor to global warming. That it will devastate our economy and destroy the plant. Yet your answer to all of that is "Don't pollute". What they've been telling presidents for the past 57 years clearly isn't correct.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
No. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with them building on every strip of land they can find that's right by or surrounded by water. All the concrete and asphalt sucks up water just as well as dirt, right? When you add in the fact that the drainage systems made to take away water also take soil with it, you might be able to see where the problem come from.

You know that all sounds like some nice neat package when you put it that way. One might even consider it food for thought. Until you realize the fact that they can measure seas levels and this problem occurred as sea level has risen.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: fishtheice

Kim Thatcher for Oregon

I'd need a whole lot more proof than some GOPer rant while the "Senator" is AWOL! You can't seriously think I believe a word of her rant do you? And what is happening there is nothing but GOPers getting a dose of their own damn medicine! About time too.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Probably, But I'm not going to read the whole thread to find it.

Just answer, or don't,, your call
It literally was like 3 post before the one you made....

I suggest you understand the conversation before jumping into one.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
j\c Why do the libs and TDS,ers call all of the Cons here facists when its always there guys that want to arrest anyone that disagrees with their agenda.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Riley01
j\c Why do the libs and TDS,ers call all of the Cons here facists when its always there guys that want to arrest anyone that disagrees with their agenda.

Because you are Cons that act fascist and do things to be locked up for... Lock them UP! Lock them UP!

Seriously, just kidding. No need to squeal and cry "STFU" again.

The reason everything is like it is now IS, this is what happens when the leader divides everyone every day. You think it's fun to have the POTUS screaming it's the dems fault 24/7? Or blaming this group or that group without ever taking any responsibility himself? Then to have that echoed at you by parrots every second you are in one of your favorite places?

AND you top that off with him being the absolute worst President in history with his lying, dividing, and being generally incompetent; BOOM it's chaos and disharmony everywhere. All Trump's fault, him and his diehard deplorables.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Speaking of Science

https://psmag.com/education/scientists-are-wrong-a-lot

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Of course Science is fallible because there are so many variables and unknowns. That's why it's so damn important. If we are not constantly questioning everything we would still be with the trogs dragging our knuckles in the cave.

This is also why consensus and peer review are so vital to science. We make the best determinations we can with the information we have and can prove. Then we have others review the findings to see if they agree or can reproduce the results.

Science as a whole is never going to be 100% concise and reliable because we learn new things everyday. But we can be way more certain about most things when there is good science behind it.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:

Speaking of Science

https://psmag.com/education/scientists-are-wrong-a-lot

So? Science is full of experiments with good and bad results. Doesn’t mean we should ignore known science facts or stop experimenting and teaching the sciences especially when it’s our future we’re talking about. And think of the world you want to leave to all those human fetuses saved by overturning Wade v Row.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Of course Science is fallible because there are so many variables and unknowns. That's why it's so damn important. If we are not constantly questioning everything we would still be with the trogs dragging our knuckles in the cave.

Could you hand me some bactine and band aids. My knuckles are all cut up.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
So? Science is full of experiments with good and bad results. Doesn’t mean we should ignore known science facts or stop experimenting and teaching the sciences especially when it’s our future we’re talking about. And think of the world you want to leave to all those human fetuses saved by overturning Wade v Row.

The problem with scientific facts today is that tomorrow they are so often proven to not be facts. As far as the unborn babies well I want to leave them a world where killing them is not acceptable.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

The problem with scientific facts today is that tomorrow they are so often proven to not be facts. As far as the unborn babies well I want to leave them a world where killing them is not acceptable.

It is odd that the science behind the human fetal development hasn't changed since the dawn of time but the left still wants to debate it... conception, embryo, fetus, baby... every single time.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I'm thankful that they are alive to disagree with me laugh

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

They’ll have bigger issues than trying to track you down. Issues like being raised as an unwanted child. Likely poorly.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

They’ll have bigger issues than trying to track you down. Issues like being raised as an unwanted child. Likely poorly.

I would rather be an unwanted child than Dead.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

So the bait and switch crowd have no real excuse at to why the Republicans in Oregon have vacated the state in hiding in order not to show up and do their job. So the best they can do is change the topic into an abortion thread. No surprise there....

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
PerfectSpirial started it

P
Legend
Legend
P
So what do you think about the actual thread topic?

Do you think members of a state senate should be able to go AWOL to avoid showing up to do their job in voting on legislation? I mean it is the tax payers paying them to be there.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Like I said in the second post on this thread SMH boo Should I throw in some name calling as well to help reinforce what everybody already knows, that those folks are

P
Legend
Legend
P
Since this thread is on page three it had been a while since I saw your post and had forgotten. But thanks for replying and clearing that up for me.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Oregon Republicans go missing to avoid climate change vote

Link Copied to Clipboard