Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Wife got me the PSVR for Christmas, she also got me Jedi Fallen Order (which looks amazing)

The VR came with 5 games, including RE7, Everybody's Golf (i have the regular version, it's a great golf game), Skyrim, and 2 other games kinda designed for VR.

I played some demos last night, this is actually cooler than I thought it would be. I did the soccer heading game which was a lot of fun

I don't even know when I am going to start Fallen Order but I can't wait, I have been watching Twitch people play all week, not staying on too long though so I avoid spoilers
Yes, VR was is pretty awesome as far as how far the tech has come.

I sold mine, simply because there just were not that many good games, and I got tired of the all the cords and extra boxes.

I hoping the PS5 will have a wireless VR.

S
Legend
Legend
S
yeah that's my only gripe is that all the wires ugly up my tv area

i cannot wait to start Fallen Order!

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm completely tired of Destiny and The Division. I have a couple games that I need to finish up. One of those is Witcher 3... and for some reason I'm really looking forward to sinking a bunch of time into that. I don't remember why I put that game down.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I'm completely tired of Destiny and The Division. I have a couple games that I need to finish up. One of those is Witcher 3... and for some reason I'm really looking forward to sinking a bunch of time into that. I don't remember why I put that game down.

It’s one of the best games I have ever played but man it is long. Like even the story arc is long, but aside from that you wanna do all the side stuff because that stuff is fun. I deleted the install but I have my save file and I will be jumping in again at some point.

I beat God of War. Fun game but the story part is really short. Enjoyable game tho.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I really want to give Projekt Red my money. I'm definitely grabbing Cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
yeah that's my only gripe is that all the wires ugly up my tv area

i cannot wait to start Fallen Order!
I played about an hour so far, I am underwhelmed.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Flight simulator returns in 2020. Looks interesting as it's supposed to interface with Bing maps to pull satelite data for the location you are flying in, allowing you to fly anywhere in the world. Downside is this means you always need an internet connection to play the game. There was a mention of an offline mode, but not sure how it will work. There is also supposed to be able to get real time weather conditions. I'm definitely going to go fly into a hurricane. smile

On another note, I ended up with $75 of steam gift cards for Christmas. Now I need to figure out what to buy.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks for that update.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
PS5 - anyone know when pre orders may come about?

Getting excited! Although I hear the new Xbox might be sick!

Last edited by willitevachange; 01/07/20 09:41 AM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Squires
Flight simulator returns in 2020. Looks interesting as it's supposed to interface with Bing maps to pull satelite data for the location you are flying in, allowing you to fly anywhere in the world. Downside is this means you always need an internet connection to play the game. There was a mention of an offline mode, but not sure how it will work. There is also supposed to be able to get real time weather conditions. I'm definitely going to go fly into a hurricane. smile

On another note, I ended up with $75 of steam gift cards for Christmas. Now I need to figure out what to buy.

I've watched some videos and stuff on this. It looks amazing. The "online" mode is meant for the more immersive experience, where it will take Bing maps and actively convert buildings into 3D structures as you fly. The offline mode would behave more like current flight sims where common structures are already rendered, but everything else is just sort of "flat textures". The game looks amazing though!

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
PS5 - anyone know when pre orders may come about?

Getting excited! Although I hear the new Xbox might be sick!

I’m a part time gamer, but my 14yo daughter is a full time gamer, last week she came up to me and said dad, we dont need to buy that dog we were talking about, and my 2 xbox’s I have we can trade them in for the new xbox. She was so excited, she said about a 1000 words in like 1 minute, lol.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!

This might be the biggest gaming news in decades!!!!!!

NFL2K COMING SOON!!!!!

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2020.../7181583846694/

EDIT TO ADD:

My excitement was short lived. They are not making "simulation" type games. Sounds like they will only make NFL Blitz type arcade games. SMH. Still stuck with Madden.

Last edited by willitevachange; 03/10/20 12:17 PM.
Legend
Legend
That’s a bummer to me as well ... I wasn’t a fan of NFL Blitz. I prefer more realistic type sports games.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Does anyone play The Division 2 on PC? I bought on sale a couple weeks ago but I hardly play games anymore and need some people to game with on it.

I'm so bored I'm about to dust off the old PC and play again.

psydeffect is my uplay user name as well.

S
Legend
Legend
S
busted out an old tiger woods game, man i wish they would reboot the series. Golf games are so awesome

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
They made the Rory one a few years ago. I dont recall how successful it was, I enjoyed it.

S
Legend
Legend
S
They made the Rory one a few years ago. I dont recall how successful it was, I enjoyed it.

haven't tried it, but the tiger one from 2013 is fun. Playing Augusta is so awesome.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
FF7 remake releases this week. Since it was PS4 exclusive, I never paid attention to it. Then this past week, due to being stuck at home, I considered buying a PS4 just for this game. Then after looking into it, I saw they are only releasing part of the story. I'll pass for now.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Squires
FF7 remake releases this week. Since it was PS4 exclusive, I never paid attention to it. Then this past week, due to being stuck at home, I considered buying a PS4 just for this game. Then after looking into it, I saw they are only releasing part of the story. I'll pass for now.

They are only releasing party of the story, but expanding the first 8 hours or so to roughly 40 hours with new and expanded story.

It's not ideal, but the game is 100GB as is now. To release it as 1, it would be a 500-600GB game.

S
Legend
Legend
S
yeah, you might be better off buying a ps classic, that has the regular game, and i think you get the whole thing.

Legend
Legend
I would love to see them remake the original (or the second one, depending on how fanatical you are about the origins), but with a modern game engine; perhaps something like what is used for Tom Clancy's Division 2.

Oh, and release it for the PC.... ain't nobody got time for that console stuff these days

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Been playing a new RPG, Bless Unleashed. It’s a fun game, daughter has had to help me quite a bit.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

haven't tried it, but the tiger one from 2013 is fun. Playing Augusta is so awesome.

Check out The Golf Club 2019. Its a little more sim than tiger woods, there is a learning curve in the beginning because it is not as forgiving as Tiger but once it clicks its really good. If you have PS Now its on there also.

Eat it Phil...
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: brownsfan2119

Check out The Golf Club 2019. Its a little more sim than tiger woods, there is a learning curve in the beginning because it is not as forgiving as Tiger but once it clicks its really good. If you have PS Now its on there also.

are there a lot of courses? i might have to grab that. i don't mind a true sim either.is 2019 the best version?

i bought a ps store gift card the other day and basically got myself 5 games for the price of 1 brand new one. I got Days Gone for 20 bucks, and am loving the hell out of it. apparently it was meh when it came out, but the developers have improved it a bunch since the release.

I also got the GTA trilogy for 17, and NHL 20 for 23 bucks. Not a bad score. The digital content is cool too because you can switch without having to mess with discs. pretty nice. I was still mostly a disc guy but i figured why have anything shipped or go to any stores

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

are there a lot of courses? i might have to grab that. i don't mind a true sim either.is 2019 the best version?

i bought a ps store gift card the other day and basically got myself 5 games for the price of 1 brand new one. I got Days Gone for 20 bucks, and am loving the hell out of it. apparently it was meh when it came out, but the developers have improved it a bunch since the release.

I also got the GTA trilogy for 17, and NHL 20 for 23 bucks. Not a bad score. The digital content is cool too because you can switch without having to mess with discs. pretty nice. I was still mostly a disc guy but i figured why have anything shipped or go to any stores

Its officially licensed by the PGA Tour but I think there are only like 6 real courses but there is a course maker and people make some extremely lifelike courses.

2019 is the best version, they incorporated a career mode with rivals, they have online societies and do your own seasons, I actually like it better than the Tiger games because its more realistic.

Not sure what the price is but you can get a year of PS Now for $60 and its on there. Also on PS Now is Spiderman & Control, so you get a lot for $60.

Eat it Phil...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Great thread!!!

However, I'm still trying to master the original video game PONG.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I, and my cousin, spent hours and hours playing that at my grandma and grandpas house.

And a few years later, mom and dad bought an Atari for our house. Played Space Invaders and Missile 'something' - I don't remember the name of it exactly. Ah, memories

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Anyone want to play a game of madden 20 on xbox tonight, let me know. User name is beerfrenchy

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Command & Conquer and Command & Conquer red alert remastered is being released in June.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
My wife and I have been saving up some money for this...

It comes on Monday. We figured if we're here in Alaska all summer, we might as well get lost in some virtual worlds.

I really enjoyed my PSVR, but it's incredibly limited compared to the dedicated PC headsets.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
If you like PSVR and have a great computer, dive in with an Oculus Rift S or Valve Index. You'll love it.

Went on vacation tonight...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Its officially licensed by the PGA Tour but I think there are only like 6 real courses but there is a course maker and people make some extremely lifelike courses.

2019 is the best version, they incorporated a career mode with rivals, they have online societies and do your own seasons, I actually like it better than the Tiger games because its more realistic.

Not sure what the price is but you can get a year of PS Now for $60 and its on there. Also on PS Now is Spiderman & Control, so you get a lot for $60.

Looks they are releasing a new game soon, PGA Tour 2K21, details coming on the 14th.

Eat it Phil...
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
PC VR Thoguts:

Skyrim is a blast. The combat is awesome as you literally swing your sword.

Beat Saber is a great at home VR workout.

Anyone else playing at home VR?

S
Legend
Legend
S

Looks they are releasing a new game soon, PGA Tour 2K21, details coming on the 14th.

that is awesome, i hope they don't make it all microtransactions like the nba 2k series has recently.

aug release though, i will definitely keep an eye on it

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

It comes on Monday. We figured if we're here in Alaska all summer, we might as well get lost in some virtual worlds.

Dude, you're in Alaska... go get lost in the REAL world! There are so many amazing things to see and do there. A good friend of mine lives in Soldotna and is constantly posting pics of trips to Valdez, flying up onto glaciers (a friend of his is a bush pilot), etc... Sooooo many once-in-a-lifetime kinda things for someone that is there for a short while (less than a few years).

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
We're kicking around the idea of a trip into the road system.

Yet we have the concern of getting caught in a potential covid surge in Alaska, buying a house with money we've saved, summer grad classes, potential home renovations, painting a house and a few other things occurring where we live that are preventing more Alaska exploration this summer. We try to keep balance in everything we do.

My first six years in village included tons of exploration along the coast enjoying the beauty (as you probably saw in my picture posts), and now we're a bit further in-land. I would go out fishing in the Bering Sea and tag along for bird hunting those years, too.

We've been getting out a lot walking at least five miles a day, but the road system trip is on the back burner with things that have popped up due to Staycation 2020.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Alaska has a population of right around 734,000 people. Alaska has 430 reported cases. Go on the road trip.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I understand.

There's also the history of disease and viruses wiping out Alaska Native people. I'm going to do what's safe to protect myself and my community. Going to consult some friends in the medical field in a month to assess what is safe for us and the people I serve.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I imagine the awesomeness that is Alaska (I'm being sincere, not sarcastic) would kinda wear off after a while, no?

Honest question.

-PrplPplEater
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Episode 1 racer released for PS4 and Switch today.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Gaming Thread, Part IV

Link Copied to Clipboard