Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
It will be interesting to see how he does without DePodesta.
If he can get someone aboard that can fill those shoes, then I'd say that you can maybe expect them to follow our path: suck for a couple of years and emerge positioned to make gigantic leaps.

For a dude that failed in baseball u guys sure give him an awful lot of credit ...

The goal is to win the World Series ... none of the teams he was with ever won the World Series ... not once ... and in LA he left the team is MUCH WORSE shape than they were in than when he got there ..

I don’t understand all the love for depo when it comes ot personal decisions ... analytics does not fit well in football when it comes to talent evaluation ...

I mean ... did Depo drive the Britt move ... did he say Schwartz cost to much ... did he say collins was a must sign? ...

In other areas of football .. i get it .. in personal decisions ... i don’t see it ... at best i see analytics confirming what the scouts see ... like with Bake ... KJ LOVED him long before he got here ... its well documented that KJ was all over him before he got here ...

Don’t take this as me disliking depo or not understanding analytics is an outstanding tool in other areas ... i just don’t see how it help in personal decisions other than maybe determining value for a FA ... but sashi gave big deals to Britt and Collins ... u can’t give big money to dudes like that and expect to win ...

And i don’t think its a coincidence that the sashiettes think VG is overpaid based 100% on stats witch is analytics ... they take nothing else into account ... like the situation here last year, his leadership and blocking skills ...

Legend
Legend
Congrats Sashi.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
the Wizards are a desperate franchise.
they havent been relevant since they were the Bullets.
Im not sure how Sasha fits in if you are looking to progress.
watch now Ray Farmer will get hired by the Kings
Tom Heckert will get hired....oh wait..
hes not around.

Legend
Legend
No doubt tearing down is way easier than building up ... and, yes, his FA was trash lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well signing good FA talent would have totally disrupted "the process".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
He also signed Zietler and Trettier also ... so it wasn’t all bad ...

Imagine how good we’d be this year if he didn’t let Schwartz walk ... it would be even more unfair ... *L* ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
I wonder if device and memph and the rest of the sashiettes are gonna become wizard fans now .... naughtydevil ...

Legend
Legend
Yeah, losing Mack was more understandable than Schwartz ... that was just BAD

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
I thought I saw them in the crowd. Okay, so it's not actually a crowd.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
He also signed Zietler and Trettier also ... so it wasn’t all bad ...

Imagine how good we’d be this year if he didn’t let Schwartz walk ... it would be even more unfair ... *L* ...

He also signed Jason McCourty. He was a good player. In fact, he'd probably still be here too, if it weren't for these (rather truthful) comments:

Quote:
"The talent in this locker room is not the talent to go win a Super Bowl this year, but this locker room is far more talented than 0-16," McCourty said after Sunday's 28-24 loss to the Steelers. "I'm kind of tired of hearing so many people say, even within the organization, is we don't have the guys or we need more guys. Let's work with the guys we do have and find ways to win games."

D
Legend
Legend
D
I gave sashi credit for even getting Mack to come back and give us a shot .... he had no shot to keep Mack ... NONE ... dude had seen enough ....

Schwartz was an entirely different story ... when the current basketball executive was promoted by the thief he said we’d be cleaning house and looking to keep the good young talent and aquire more ...

Well Schwartz fit the description of a good young talent to a T back then ... it was a real head scratch for me ...

Save it sashiettes or the sashiettes apologists .... giving the excuse Schwartz only came back to us to gain leverage for the ongoing negotiation for the chefs ... thats BS and an excuse .. we slammed the door in his face on that for no good reason at all ... Sashi and/or depo drew a line in the sand out of stupidity ...

1st off ... there’s way to avoid letting him using it as leverage against the chiefs ....

2ndly ... who cares if we get him more money from the chiefs .... WHO CARES about that ...

Sashi and Depo drew a line in the sand to supposedly discourage other free agents from testing the market in the future ... well think that one through and see if u can find the MAJOR FLAW in that theory ... wink ...

Legend
Legend
Schwarts either just married, or was about to marry, a girl from Cleveland. He wanted to stay here.

Now I have no proof of this, but I suspect that Sashi gave him an offer. Schwartz's brother, who had played for KC, said to him that he owed it to himself to check out the Chiefs. He did, and they did not give him an offer he wanted to accept. then Sashi yanked our offer, probably hoping to low-ball him ..... so Schwartz went back to KC to sign there.

Again, this is me just piecing together what was reported with my own fertile imagination.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Yeah, good info guys ... Schwartz was the one who got away and would be IDEAL for us right now ... bad mistake

D
Legend
Legend
D
Wow ... thats worse than how i recall it ... *L* ...

I thought we made our offer ...
he went to the chefs and they made a better offer ...
schwartz wanted to come back to us too negotiate
We slammed the door in his face cause we wanted to prove a point to other FA’s we were not to be used as leverage with other teams .....

I’m sure your right as all i knew is that we lost him w/o even a small skirmish and that went totally against what we we told Sashi would be doing by Sashi ...

Sashi did Some good things here ... no doubt he left the table set like NO OTHER .. he also did a lot of REALLY BAD THINGS ... and even as well as he set the table ... we were blessed to have things work out the way they did ... lots of stars aligned for us along the way starting with KJ sitting there 1/2 way through the season for us to hire ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Oh ... thanks for the info ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
I'm just happy for him that he found a new home. I'd hate to hear of him living under the overpass.

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
I agree ... he would have definitely been here last year ... this year ... i’m not so sure ...

He is an average NFL CB ..

Not sure what your point is .. i know your a closet sashiette ... so i’m not sure what your point is ...

Not that it matters at this point ... water under the bridge ... thumbsup

B
Legend
Legend
B
I am happy for the guy.

Kind of like John Collins losing out to Opie.

We would have been better keeping John Collins and dumping the football guy Savage.

Sashi will do well.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I remember when some here said Sashi would never get another front office job.

cool

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
front office job as in the NFL.
its funny that the 2 architects of the Browns 1 and 31 campiegn is a failed baseball poindexter and a NBA
throw spaghetti on the wall hire by a franchise stuck in neutral

L
Legend
Legend
L
Boom.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Does this mean Sashi is no longer going to do his own podcasts?!?!

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I hope it means he’ll do more smile

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
I remember when some here said Sashi would never get another front office job. cool

You mean one that involved the players? At least the Wizards are smart enough to know what he's good at. And what he isn't.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

Some on here said Baker was a idiot for bashing hue for taking another job. Yet those same are now bashing Sashi for taking another job. It gets richer every day.

Anyone wanna bet sashi wins more games than hue this year?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sashi will play no role in coaching, recruiting, player negotiation or contract talks. As such, Sashi won't win any more games than Hue will.

Unlike in Cleveland, the Wizards actually figured out what Sashi is good at and what he isn't good at.

And it's funny, nobody s trashing Sashi for getting another job. Just pointing out that his new job has nothing to do with the players or anything having to do with personnel in any way.

As it should be.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't think anyone is bashing Sashi for taking a job. They are bashing the organization who hired him.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
J/C

Some on here said Baker was a idiot for bashing hue for taking another job. Yet those same are now bashing Sashi for taking another job. It gets richer every day.

I hope so ... they play 82 games in hoops ... way to go out on a limb ... crap ... no matter how bad they are they oughta top Sashi’s win record here within the first 4 or 5 games .... i mean winning one game is a pretty tall order ... rofl ...

I don’t think of u when I refer to the sashiettes ... should i start? ...

I’m not slamming the sashter ... have no ill will towards him ... i thanked him shortly after he left ... the sashiettes on the other hand .... rofl ...

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
J/C

I hope so ... they play 82 games in hoops ... way to go out on a limb ... crap ... no matter how bad they are they oughta top Sashi’s win record here within the first 4 or 5 games .... i mean winning one game is a pretty tall order ... rofl ...

I don’t think of u when I refer to the sashiettes ... should i start? ...

I’m not slamming the sashter ... have no ill will towards him ... i thanked him shortly after he left ... the sashiettes on the other hand .... rofl ...
Not at all, I wasn't a huge fan of Sashi, but at least give him some credit, he had Hue Jackson to work with.

Others bash him for being inept, yet praised the coaching staff - its rather amusing to me.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Who would that be exactly? The only thing I've heard are the people who felt Hue deserved a shot with some better talent. He got that chance for eight games and did a poor job with the talent Dorsey gave him to work with.

So unless you can actually find those "others" you speak of, I think you're just blowing smoke out of your butt.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't see why anybody should be bashing Sashi as he did exactly what he was hired to do, make the team attractive enough for a true GM.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I remember when he got fired some on here were actually upset about it and acted like the Browns made such
a erronous decision to can him.
like it was the end of the world or something.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
j/c

Ok. Let's review...

2016: 1-15, Hue's a good coach, "GM" needs to get better players.
2017: 0-16, Hue's a good coach, "GM" needs to get better players.
2018: 2-5-1, GM did a great job gaining talent, Hue is a bad coach.

Raise your hand if you see it.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Get ready for a bunch of straw man arguments.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Get ready for a bunch of straw man arguments.

rofl ...

Straw man like ...

- Sashi brought us the following to QB rooms

RG3 , L. McCown and C. Kessler ...

D. Kizer, C. Kessler, K. Hogan

How could anyone lose with those great QB rooms especially when RG3 and McCown are both gone before the end of week 2 ... after that 3 rookie BUSTS and a 2nd year dude with no game experience who isn’t really a bust considering where he was drafted IF he was even drafted ...

Dude sure knew how to build a QB room ... thumbsup

I did not know u were a sashiette ... when your only defense of your guy is ..Hue sucked worse ... you oughta re-think your stance ... wink

Another straw man argument is prolly the fact he did such a bad job here he had to switch sports ..... u prolly spin that to he did such a great job here another sport wanted him .. rofl ...

Legend
Legend
Do you even know what a straw-man is? It's basically bringing up an argument that nobody is making to knock it down and prove yourself right.

Things like, "Dude sure knew how to build a QB room ..."

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
dont forget Osweiler too.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Do you even know what a straw-man is? It's basically bringing up an argument that nobody is making to knock it down and prove yourself right.

Things like, "Dude sure knew how to build a QB room ..."

Call it what u want .... i call it a FACT ... wink ....

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Sashi Brown: Discuss Here

Link Copied to Clipboard