Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I think this could have NFL ramifications eventually:

Bob Stoops to XFL...

https://newsok.com/article/5622169/the-n...ues-first-coach

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 02/06/19 04:26 PM.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
I think this could have NFL ramifications eventually:

Bob Stoops to XFL...

https://newsok.com/article/5622169/the-n...ues-first-coach

Really weird.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Legend
Legend
Jut weird, I agree.

Why would he possibly join this odd little outing? Puzzling.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
V
Legend
Legend
V
I thought Blake did a pretty good job w/us last year.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
LOL

E
Legend
Legend
E
hehehe, some strange bed fellows.

Ummm good luck GASE...and my condolences to my many Jets fans...lol laugh oh oops where are my manners. angel

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
Bungles got issues ...

TODD GRANTHAM

C, COLLEGE PLAYER

Florida DC Todd Grantham pulled himself out of the running for the Bengals' defensive coordinator job.

Grantham was believed to be the favorite for the job and even had an interview this week, but he joins a long line of coaches who have declined to coordinate Zac Taylor's defense. The Bengals will now have to move further down a list which reportedly includes ex-Falcons DC Marquand Manuel, Texas A&M DC Mike Elko, Saints DBs coach Aaron Glenn, and Rams DBs coach Aubrey Pleasant.

RELATED: Cincinnati Bengals

SOURCE: Pete Thamel on Twitter

Feb 14, 2019, 8:46 AM

I ain’t worried about this SINKING SHIP what so ever ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Wasn't he still in the building or something, and he still turned them down?

story link

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
D
Legend
Legend
D
My little blurb said he had an interview this week ... so he was more than likely in the building at some point ...

That franchise is in shambles ... there the new factory of sadness ... thumbsup

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Hue is still looking for work. Maybe Zac can convince him to come coach the D.

[Linked Image]
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I wonder if this is because coaches don't want to work with Zach Taylor or if Mike Brown is too cheap, or if a DC wants a Wade Phillips type role, where they are de facto associate head coaches and Taylor doesn't want to relinquish that power.

Legend
Legend
Few quick losses for the Jets, and I could see some quick changes to their staff. Gase doesn't strike me as a guy who can build bridges, and get people to work together. Those thoughts come from comments made by Gases former players, ie Landry.

Interesting to note that Blake Williams has a reputation for rubbing people the wrong way. Wonder if thats his true personality, which he'd obviously get from his father, or part of nepotism privilege.

I'd be surprised if the Vitt/Williams lasts past next season.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: brownsfansince79
Wasn't he still in the building or something, and he still turned them down?

story link

Gainesville, Florida, Gators, or Cincy.

Not a hard choice on many levels.

I know most don't visit central Florida other than Orlando. Most go to the coasts. Gainesville is a really cool place.

It's situated in maybe a 50 mile zone where northern trees can survive most summers and tropical flora can survive most winters. Gainesville has a canopy unlike most places in the world. Birch trees to Banana trees.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
What is going on with the Bengals?

Legend
Legend
Cincy is in Trouble on the D side of the ball.....Can't find anyone to take the job... That would have been a good job for Blake Williams.. I think he may be ready..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Someplace near a major body of water, I would think. His swimming days are probably not over just yet. His head coaching days, well, maybe.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
brownie

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
LOU ANARUMO
DL, NEW YORK GIANTS

Giants DBs coach Lou Anarumo will interview for the Bengals' defensive coordinator vacancy on Thursday.

According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, Anarumo is the "frontrunner" for a job the Bengals have struggled mightily to fill. A long-time defensive backs coach both in college and the NFL, Anarumo's only coordinating experience was on an interim basis with the Dolphins in 2015.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Feb 19, 2019, 11:44 AM

I think in this case frontrunner means the only one that will take the job ... *L* ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They have been turned down 4 times, so this guy is, at best, their 5th option. At some point the term "front runner" needs to be tossed aside.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
They have been turned down 4 times, so this guy is, at best, their 5th option. At some point the term "front runner" needs to be tossed aside.

I was just about to type that lol. At what point do they just hire anyone with a pulse?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
E
Legend
Legend
E
One more Turn down and they are hiring HUE for their DC... rofl

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
I’m so relieved .... *L* ...

LOU ANARUMO
DL, CINCINNATI BENGALS

Bengals hired Lou Anarumo as defensive coordinator.

The Bengals finally fill their defensive coordinator job after weeks of interviews, signing the Giants defensive backs coach Lou Anarumo. Despite a long history as a defensive backs coach both in college and the NFL, Anarumo has only served as a defensive coordinator on an interim basis. Bengals head coach Zac Taylor and Anarumo coached together during stints with the Miami Dolphins.

SOURCE: Dianna Russini
Feb 21, 2019, 1:59 PM

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Our long national nightmare is over.

What was this guy, their sixth choice?

I know they tried to get Del Rio, Capers, and Grantham before him. They also got turned down for several interviews.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
What was this guy, their sixth choice?

He is the Mike Pettine of their coordinator list.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Some people may laugh, but the guy has been a coach for a long time.

He has coached RB, DB, been a college and pro DC, and been an assistant head coach. He has solid experience in college and the pros.

I'm not laughing. I think he'll be a solid choice.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Some people may laugh, but the guy has been a coach for a long time.

He has coached RB, DB, been a college and pro DC, and been an assistant head coach. He has solid experience in college and the pros.

I'm not laughing. I think he'll be a solid choice.

I’m not laughing at the coach, I know nothing about him, I’m laughing at the process.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It all went downhill when they lost AJ McCarron.

Last edited by DeputyDawg; 02/21/19 08:19 PM.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Quote:
“I had no idea why that scene with me and Todd would hurt,’’ said Jackson, who authorized the inclusion of the scene. “I mean, other than he wanted to push his thought process on the head coach. I would think people would have thought, ‘Wait a minute, this dude needs to shut up.’ You would think it was like insubordination.

“You’re talking about a coach who had lost, but at the end of the day I was still head coach of the football team, and nobody wanted me to act like the head coach of the football team. Because maybe he shouldn’t be because he lost so many games. Had the record been different, people would have felt different about what I felt at the time. But what everyone saw was a 1-31 coach. So the head coach was supposed to let the assistant do whatever he wants to do? Then why is he the head coach?’’
Were the Browns the subject of the 2019 “Hard Knocks” series, Kitchens said the ground rules would have been different in at least one key aspect.

“Would I do that (show) again? Yes, I would,’’ Kitchens said Friday from the team’s practice bubble. “But if I was the head coach, the cameras wouldn’t be in the staff meeting. The media took that interaction and turned that into a problem. They’re looking for anything. And let me tell you something, they’re going to look for anything with Oakland.’’

Haley stands by his actions
Out of the NFL and not working for the first time in 26 seasons, Haley said he went into last year’s “Hard Knocks” experience wary of how much the cameras might capture and believing the show couldn’t possibly aid the Browns’ efforts to turn around a team that had just logged the worst two-year stretch in league history. Unsurprisingly, he’s even more convinced of it now.

“When (Browns general manager) John (Dorsey) told me they were doing (the show), I was like, ‘You’ve got to be kidding me,’ ’’ said Haley, reached by phone at his family’s lake house in New York. “We’re trying to make a drastic change here and turn things around, and this is the wrong thing to happen. I told the Browns owner, ‘Jimmy (Haslam), this is a mistake. Don’t do it.’ The No. 1 thing in camp is getting the team ready to be able to compete.

“In that coaches meeting with (Jackson), what I said was authentic, because I wasn’t even thinking about the cameras. We were in a passionate and very important conversation. It was cut out, but I told him I know how the Steelers (Haley’s former team) are practicing, and that’s who we have to beat. Then they cut to Hue with his ‘Well, when you’re in this chair’’ and all that. The part he liked being able to say was, ‘Well, I’m the boss.’ It’s comical. I wake up in the middle of the night and I lay in bed and start running through it in my head again. I don’t think I’d do anything different. You just have to be you, but you have to get the guys ready to play and you try to be off camera as much as you can.’’

Haley says Jackson ‘reveled in it’

Jackson spent about an hour reviewing the finished episode every Tuesday morning with the “Hard Knocks” production crew, a courtesy “so you’re not surprised by anything they put out,’’ he said. But Haley contends it consumed lots of oxygen in Browns camp.

“He’d come up to me at practice and say, ‘Wait ’till you see ‘Hard Knocks,’ ’’ Haley said. “He was like, ‘Wait ’till you see what’s on this week.’ I was like, ‘What are you talking about? You’re spending time watching that instead of figuring out how to get the team to win?’ He reveled in it.’’

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/t...ild/1913091001/

Legend
Legend
There’s no doubt Hue loved him some Hue ... he deflected blame, had a big ego, etc.

In retrospect, watching hard knocks now, we are in a much better place now. I think Dorsey even KNEW a change would happen sooner than later ... not saying he thought Freddie or Haley or whoever would be the new HC, but he didn’t want Hue IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
There’s no doubt Hue loved him some Hue ... he deflected blame, had a big ego, etc.

In retrospect, watching hard knocks now, we are in a much better place now. I think Dorsey even KNEW a change would happen sooner than later ... not saying he thought Freddie or Haley or whoever would be the new HC, but he didn’t want Hue IMO

I honestly don't care about Hue or Haley anymore as we are in such a good spot. I would've posted this no matter the team involved because it's so weird to see ex-coaches take shots at one another publicly.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Haley thought he was hired to take over from Hue.. who knows, he might have been. Hue felt the extra face time, provided by "Hard Knocks", would show him as a good coach, saddled with a bad team. Conflict was inevitable. Neither considered the other coach with, with Head Coaching experience, would get the interim job ( Williams ). Miscalculations by all.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
B
Legend
Legend
B
In Breaking news, Generalissimo Hugo is still unemployed.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Not too long ago, a poster proclaimed that the "Hue Humpers" start all the problems on this board.

Yet, it seems no one brings up Hue or Sashi except for the Sashi guys.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Firstly...wow, now that is some good fodder and there is clearly issues w/that old staff (basing on this article and the Wylie one).

Secondly, I don't really care, however, because that ship has sailed and Wylie's boys are unemployed (Zampese? Really? C'mon man!) and GW was only offered a DC stint even though he claims his phone was off ringing off the hook for HC gigs.

Forward & Onward we march w/FK and his staff!

Until proven otherwise....In Dorsey We Trust!

Legend
Legend
Yeah, I think Haley felt sure he was the next up ... and Hue felt confident Hard Knocks was the ticket

Meanwhile, Dorsey probably knew better lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
because it's so weird to see ex-coaches take shots at one another publicly.

This!

I would like to see how often something like this occurs. Are there other situations like this someone can point to? I'm curious.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ugh. Come on man, let it go. Don't ruin another thread.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Freddie Kitchens: I’ll fire any assistant who’s an unnamed source in the media

Michael David Smith
ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports•Aug 5, 2019, 2:10 PM

Browns coach Freddie Kitchens has a stern warning for his assistant coaches: Keep your mouths shut, or lose your job.

Kitchens said today that if any of his assistant coaches ever leak information about the team to the media, he’ll fire them.

“The days of inside information and the days of unnamed sources and stuff like that have ended. So you’re not going to get information like that, ever. Anybody. And if I ever see it, they’re fired. Immediately. That’s the way we’re running this organization,” Kitchens said.

Kitchens said that after he was asked a question about recent criticism from former Browns assistant Bob Wylie, who said the Browns should have kept Gregg Williams as head coach, rather than hiring Kitchens. But Wylie wasn’t an unnamed source; he put his name behind that opinion and stated it publicly.

The Browns have had their share of embarrassing stories from unnamed sources, but the primary reason for that is that the Browns have been the worst team in the NFL over the last couple decades. If Kitchens wins, that will speak for itself, and it won’t much matter what anyone says about him, on or off the record.

https://sports.yahoo.com/freddie-kitchens-ll-fire-assistant-181006229.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I bet he won't fire Baker. LOL

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum NFL Coaching news II

Link Copied to Clipboard