Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Love it! That kid deserves to make a PS somewhere, if not here.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I've been texting the one Yahoo story about this being the best story in the NFL this preseason to all sorts of people. Everyone is loving this story. Even those who are not Brown's fans. It's inspirational and heart-warming.

I think he has a shot at making the team because I don't think we really need a 6th WR. Our top guys are so good that we won't want to bring them off the field that often.

With that said, this dude is going to have to make some more plays during the preseason. One big play won't be enough. He's going to have to break another run or two and not make any big mistakes.

I'm rooting for him because these very "human" stories are one of the primary reasons why sports are great. Watching his teammates swarm towards him after that TD w/such excitement was very moving. It was a great climax to such an incredible story. Those guys understood how tough his situation has been and their joy was evident. It doesn't get much better than that!

And I truly believe that such spontaneous acts can unite an entire team. Teams can be talented, but they need that little spark or common bond that propels them to greatness.

Legend
Legend
Good point. A team can rally around stuff like that (we even saw it with the entire team storming the end zone)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I've been texting the one Yahoo story about this being the best story in the NFL this preseason to all sorts of people. Everyone is loving this story. Even those who are not Brown's fans. It's inspirational and heart-warming.

True that.

One of my buddies who was born and raised in Oregon and always grew up a Niners fan LOVES to give me crap about the Browns (we have a bet riding on the 10/7 MNF game). It's all in good jest and banter, but he spends much of his day sending me memes that are anti-Browns or thinks of jokes to make fun of them (I should add I bet him last year that we would win more than 6 games...dinner and drinks at a restaurant of my choice and I won and I made him PAY...final bill was over $100!), anyway....he text me saying "that story about your punt returner is pretty cool". No jokes, no sarcasm, no snide remarks...just straight up "that's pretty cool".

smile

Legend
Legend
I heard his interview on Rich Eisen’s show ... you can tell he was pretty desperate and determined. Good listen if you get the chance

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I heard his interview on Rich Eisen’s show ... you can tell he was pretty desperate and determined. Good listen if you get the chance

Never underestimate the motivating power of desperation. Someone with talent, opportunity, and no other option but succeeding is a formidable opponent. You never want to step into the ring lightly with a talented guy who sees his survival linked to your destruction.

Can he make the team? Practice squad is where he belongs. Can he over achieve and make the 53? Why not? All it will take is a player or two who doesn't have the same sense of urgency in their lives.

He's my long shot feel good story for camp. If he turns out able to help the team he'll make the team.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
Legend
Legend
He's a good story.
He returned a kick for a TD. If he's lucky - and really good, he'll do that MAYBE every 25 times he touches the ball.

I want to see what he looks like the other 24 times.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

E
Legend
Legend
E
J/c...

Well once again what we have to see is an expanded role on special teams...forget about WR...yeah he can get in there during the 4th quarter.

But if we see him with the starters on the Kick-off returns and Punt Returns and as some have suggested his GungHo attitude as a gunner which is where Gung Ho Kamakazi earns points!

If we see these opportunities open up to him. If not then we cannot possibly expect him to make the team if he still doesn't get the Special Team opportunities. So I hope to see him in a more advance role for Special teams...until then like him or not he won't be on our final roster.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
I obviously can't say whether or not Dorsey and kitchens share my feelings on this...
AND it goes without saying that he's gotta show that he has the talent to be on an NFL roster (in any capacity)...

But I think that there's room on any roster for at least 1 guy that has that level of dedication/want-to. You can't teach speed, but you also can't teach desire.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
but, is the energy contagious?

Browns is the Browns

C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
Did you miss the team gathering in the end zone?

Legend
Legend
so, it's contagious?

Browns is the Browns

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: chet the jet
Did you miss the team gathering in the end zone?

Purp was making a joke about last year's Hard Knock's episode where Landry kept saying "...it's contagious..." grin

R
Legend
Legend
R
Joking aside, that's a pretty big endorsement from Landry.

Legend
Legend
That is a big endorsement as Rish said ... that’s tantamount to saying we want him here

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Wouldn't it be weird if he didn't endorse him?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Most people comprehend that players support other players and don't throw shade at them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I found the wording "can't be replaced" to be a big endorsement.

While most players tend to speak well (or not poorly) of their teammates, I'm not sure I've ever heard that before.

But honestly, I didn't really put that much thought into it. I just posted what I thought directly after reading it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

No, it would be normal.

Now, if would have criticized him, that would have been "weird" or "outside the lines." You know, kinda how Baker did w/Duke.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
He's a good story.
He returned a kick for a TD. If he's lucky - and really good, he'll do that MAYBE every 25 times he touches the ball.

I want to see what he looks like the other 24 times.

I agree.

The kid won't return 12 a year for TD's......some of the others if he is good will go 10 yards, some a little longer, and a good number for 4 yards.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Not really what Baker did, but I understand some need to keep fighting that battle.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, kinda like a RB ... it’s not just about the big plays, but sometimes getting the 4 yards when there’s only 2 there

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
device, we will be standing on a downtown Cleveland street in February enjoying our second super bowl championship parade and a couple of folks will still be on here taking shots at baker. duke is gone, sashi is gone, hue is gone. But some just cannot get past things.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Love it.

Legend
Legend
That is just soo much awesome.

You can feel the brotherhood in that room.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
That is just soo much awesome.

You can feel the brotherhood in that room.

From the Top down.

Every time I see them piling on Sheehy, I get a little chill., I could watch that over and over again... in fact, I have..LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
That’s a great clip ... thanks

E
Legend
Legend
E
This team is gonna make me cry (in happiness) I can already tell.

Atlanta United is my smiley happy place.

But the Browns are my soul and it's gonna make me have some tears at the bar/game.

We suffered for so long.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
Brandon Stephens channeling his inner Mars Blackmon.

lovelovelove this young team

"too many notes, not enough music-"
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
lovelovelove this young team

U ready for the swim yet Mr. “skeptical” dawg ... naughtydevil ....

Dawg ... the new theme music awaiting u on PARADISE ISLAND ... this song is so appropriate in so many ways ... i stumbled across it because there is just a feeling, a mojo if u will an aura surrounding this particular team ... u can’t deny it dawg ... it manifests itself in so many ways ...

- the stars aligning in so many ways ... KJ sitting their ... Bake going back for a 5th year ... Watson getting hurt to gift us Ward and Chubb ... theres so much more, it seems everything around us that used to break against us is now breaking for us in a big big way ...

- their love for each other .. capped off by the entire team sprinting in the end zone in a pre-season game to celebrate with a rookie they all love ... even Freddie got caught up in the moment .. THAT NEVER HAPPENS ... the starters are usually sleeping by that point of the 1st pre-season game ... *L* ...

This is DIFFERENT in so so many ways!!!!!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, Oh Lord.

Diam...that is so cool, thanks...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Yeah, but Damon was coasting. And he still ran away from pursuit.

Keeper IMO. One play for one score. Wanna be dangerous? Prove you can score with O, D, AND ST's. Been quite awhile.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
It's been fun watching you, too.
Head of the 'Spirit Committee' on Paradise Island.

thumbsup

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
We've all been waiting for this moment... thumbsup

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
Back to the Thread...you NEWBE HOMERS are funny, like you invented it...lol laugh I've been waiting a Long time for you to join me as I've been stranded on my Island for years and the few who came with me departed one by one! Oh right back to the thread.

So did the Pizza man get first reps in punt return and kick-off.

Its his only way to make the team. And if he does get the opportunity and reps he won't make the final roster. Want this Feel Good story to have a great ending not like Cajuice from last year!

jmho

Oh just an explanation for my "Pizza Man" moniker. A kid I grew up with in HS, very Italian just off the boat and got into fights almost every day. Well as he matured he got himself a Pizza Restaurant and did so well he opened up two more...use to visit him every now and then and would sit down to his family dinner at the Restaurant as I was one of the few who would talk to him in HS. His name was Guiseppi. ergo our Guiseppi for me is the "Pizza Man"

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
A pic of eotab on the Isle, circa 2010-2012

Browns is the Browns

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns sign WR Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi

Link Copied to Clipboard