Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Or maybe the Titans take hold of it ... their defense is legit

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
The fans booing Luck off the field is disgraceful!!!!

M
Legend
Legend
M
RIP to @CaptAndrewLuck

No more squirrel oil.

Legend
Legend
Crazy but understandable. He’s been so hurt.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Or maybe the Titans take hold of it ... their defense is legit

their QB situation is a mess though.

Foles needs to prove he can win somewhere other than philly. we also dont know if Fournette can stay healthy.

right now it looks like the Texans are gonna be the favorites and win back to back division titles. but man....Watson is gonna have the same fate as Luck if O'Brien doesn't fix their O line.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Legend
Legend
L
Surprising. Brisett is average at best.Oh well, Indy fans had manning for years, 'sucked for luck' and it bites them hard.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

colts fan booed luck while he was walking to the locker room.

Bad form for sure, and I’m not excusing their behavior, but he did quit on his team/city two weeks before the season. Mix emotional fans, booze and this news and some will take it the wrong way. His decision puts the franchise in a horrible spot. This couldn’t have been a spur of the moment decision too. If that was noodling around his noggin since last offseason, he should have retired before free agency and the draft.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
V
Legend
Legend
V
I like you, Punch. You are one of the better posers on this board and I have respected your ethics. But bro, booing him was wrong. It was classless. Luck gave up his body for that franchise. I think he would like to play, but his body is not responding.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Watching Luck's press conference...apparently the Browns aren't the only NFL team that can't mike the press's questions.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I like you, Punch. You are one of the better posers on this board and I have respected your ethics. But bro, booing him was wrong. It was classless. Luck gave up his body for that franchise. I think he would like to play, but his body is not responding.

Re-read my opening. I said it was bad form and there’s no excuse for it. I’m only trying to explain why they’re doing it.

I said the same thing back when Barry Sanders quit too. These players get to quit whenever they want, but that doesn’t mean everyone has to be okay with their timing.

If I were a Colts fan, I’d probably be pissed too. More so on when he did it, not why. And no, I’d never boo the man, even from my couch. The people booing are drunk jackholes.

Last edited by Punchsmack; 08/24/19 10:54 PM.

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
Legend
V
Sad.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I sure didn't see this one coming, but I understand it. He's been constantly hurt and he's tired of doing the rehab thing. It's sad that injury ended what was supposed to be such a great career. He was lauded as the next John Elway and he had that kind of talent. I hope he is content in retirement and I wish him well. This is a stunner though. Wild things happening this season...

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I agree. That was classless. Luck gave 100% to the game. Not his fault he got hurt.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
enough is enough.

Andrew Luck owes nothing to football.
He owes the rest of his life to himself.
I'm happy to see him claim his future, and I wish him well.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
V
Legend
Legend
V
You posted that video earlier of Luck congratulating players who hit him.

I think Luck was too tough. Too pure of a football player. Dude played the game the right way. He sacrificed his body for his team and probably more likely......the game of football.

It pretty much sucks that this guy is retiring because he has been one of the truly good guys and who gave himself fully to the game.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't think anyone blames him for quitting.

I think, like someone mentioned, it's that it happened 2 weeks before the season starts.

So they are kinda hosed. That's why the fans are mad.

He should have made this decision a long time ago so the team had time to FA/Draft/Prepare.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
Eve, I think he was trying to rehabilitate from his injury and wanted to play. I think that his injury was not improving. I don't think he waited and intended to screw the Colts over. I think he really wanted to continue to play, but he wasn't healing. I think he is a class dude. He wouldn't screw his team over. Him sacrificing his body as much as he d over the years is evidence of that.

Legend
Legend
Yep. That's the mentality of the Indy fans. He'd been targeting his comeback, saying he should be ready by week one, etc... Then suddenly he'd been thinking of retiring for a couple weeks and has lost his love of the game over the past couple years.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend

This is his decision alone.

Nobody has walked in his shoes. Nobody knows his thought process or how the timing became now.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Screw the Colts and their spoiled fans.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

This is his decision alone.

Nobody has walked in his shoes. Nobody knows his thought process or how the timing became now.

Amen. Just a look inside the fans' headspace.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
He will be back in two seasons!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Probably within the past two weeks, I saw a picture of him and it was striking to me that he just didn't look healthy. I saw the toll he has endured on his face. I didn't know at the time, that it foretold this but I definitely thought to myself that something was going on with him.

He impresses me as somebody who has enough going on in his life that he can live well without football. Best wishes.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: FATE
Yep. That's the mentality of the Indy fans. He'd been targeting his comeback, saying he should be ready by week one, etc... Then suddenly he'd been thinking of retiring for a couple weeks and has lost his love of the game over the past couple years.

That would the mentality of many fans in each fanbase.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I don’t think it’s out of the question that he returns, or contemplates it at some point ... but it’s totally understandable how/why he came up with his decision

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Coming back from that shoulder injury was a monumental achievement in and of itself. He had a very decent year in 2018. I wonder if there's any residual pain there.

Legend
Legend
I can understand Colts fans being upset, but I couldnt fault the man for wanting to be healthy.

This also triggers me to give props to guys like RG3, who battle with injuries, and keep on pushing through it. I know its not easy. Especially when you are always reminded of 'what could have been'.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
So, how long 'til the Kaepernick crowd starts crowing?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There's alot of life left to live for the guy. Still very young and why live it in chronic pain and hobbling around.
Nothing gained in football is worth that.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jc...

I wonder who leaked the news?...

Idiot Colts fans, booing a guy that gave everything for their franchise.

I do wonder...if Luck can overcome his health issues, would he have a change of heart?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
WOW nobody said it yet.

Sorry Colts it looks like your Luck just ran out.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Happy birthday bro

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Luck got married recently and he and his wife are expecting a child.

He spoke to Sports Illustrated recently about what was going on w/him personally while he missed the entire 2017 situation.

Quote:
“It forced me to reevaluate many, many things in my life. And the result has been … yeah, really positive. And I shudder to think of not having that,” Luck said. “I don’t think I’m married if that had not happened. I think I eff that up. I truly do. I truly do. I mean, now, it’s all good, but yeah.”

“I’d put way too much of my self-worth directly into how I was performing on the football field,” Luck said. “And then I wasn’t on the football field and I felt quite empty. It was very unhealthy, first for me, second for the relationship with my now-wife, and my other relationships.

“The result has been the best thing that ever could’ve happened,” he added. “It forced me to look in the mirror and do a character assessment, and address the things I didn’t like and then the things I did like, and then get on the same page with the people I love and respect.”

Full article at https://nypost.com/2019/08/02/andrew-lucks-shoulder-injury-saved-his-marriage/

I'm sure his wife--who was gymnast at Stanford--had a lot to say about Luck's decision to retire.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
While I can understand the emotions of a fan given the timing, I agree with Clem and Vers...he sacrificed his body and his body is responding and crying out that it needs help and can't play the sport any longer. He gave the fans 7 years and owes them nothing more. Life is bigger than a sport. Yes, we all love our teams, but at the end of the day it is just a game. A very physically demanding game.

On a different note, I understand the drop off is significant and I also understand that they are completely different players, but is Brissett not servicable and solid enough or will they go from a potential AFCS champion to a mediocre team fighting w/the Titans for middle/bottom of the division?

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think our board's perception of him is incorrect. I think Brissett is going to be an above average qb in the NFL. I think he is going to put up some big numbers. He will probably throw too many picks, but I think he will get a ton of yards and TDs. I heard he has grown tremendously as a qb and a lot of teams were interested in him, but the Colts were not about to trade him.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Unfortunate he is feeling this way. Hope the best for him. He made a ton of cash in the league but had some of his biggest paychecks coming up the next few years at $20m/year on his contract so he must really want out.

Sucks for Colts fans but I'm no fan of that franchise... latest burn from them was when we missed the playoffs when we were 10-6 with DA ... a *decade* ago and they decided to take the last game of the year off to let the Titans grab the wildcard.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Andrew Luck Retires

Link Copied to Clipboard