Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Legend
Legend
R
Lot of good information there should we ever get into a fisticuffs.

Fisticuffs. Great word.

D
Legend
Legend
D
What paycheck ... they only get paid during the regular season .... he didn’t string anyone along ... the colts tried to talk him into not retiring for at least a week ...

As usual U make no sense ... NONE ...

Now go ahead and have a tantrum like a two year old like u usually do when your BS gets blown up ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Best of luck Luck. Good decision.

The Colts sucked for Luck...LOL......They could of had two more SB’s with Payton friggin Manning!

IMO Luck was an overall underwhelming QB.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Those who doubt a players decision to leave the game...listen to this and see if the story sounds similar.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...
1. Pit don't understand your strong opinion that Luck did something wrong.

2. How many reps did he take in training camp and Preseason games. I think that would be ZERO...NONE...ZILCH So how in any bazarr thinking did he just screw the Colts as if he left them HIGH n DRY. HE DIDN'T TAKE ONE REP!

3. I do think the question was out there for those in the bldg since MARCH 2019 that retirement was a possibility.

4. I do think he made up his mind 100% a couple of weeks ago.

5. The Colts Organization is to blame and I hope we the Browns Organization will learn from it. You make an investment in selecting a QB overall #1 and then you get him hit the most "EVER" in the history of the NFL for his first 3 seasons and then the Injuries came along.

6. Us Browns we lose Joe Thomas to retirement, we trade Zeitler and excellent RG, we got a journey man Back up in Hubbard and a bust overall #2 player trying a comeback.

7. You don't pick up your LT from UDFA which has been our investment in that position.

8. You don't miss on an interior OL drated player at the first pick of the 2nd round where you got an entire day to make sure of the pick. Misses like that usually haunts teams - Dorsey has to make up for that!

9. It the only thing that is scaring me about Dorsey, as in "Is it too good to be true" Does he have an incorrect philosophy on OL??? that you don't need impact talent there that you can always get guys to "PLAY" the position. We finally got a franchise QB we need to fix this OL...its the only thing I see in blowing up all the enthusiasm we all have in this team.

All the best to Luck, he was big and strong and looked like he could take a punch. I actuality he is Death by a thousand cuts. Not his fault. What I hated most of all.

THE STUPID COLT FANS...BOOed HIM THIS LAST GAME...THEY ACTUALLY BOOed HIM. I felt so bad for him.... He literally gave his livelihood up for them. Now these guys who never played football and considered somehow as the EXPERTS are telling the fans he betrayed them and they are stupid enough to believe these Bozo's...smh shame on you Colt fans! Shame!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
j/c

Honest words from Gronk as well ... there’s no doubt it’s a TOUGH game to play (and continue to play). Of course, you’re paid handsomely, but still.

In terms of the Colts fans ... spoiled and ungrateful, at least some of them.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
What paycheck ... they only get paid during the regular season .... he didn’t string anyone along ... the colts tried to talk him into not retiring for at least a week ...

Now go ahead and have a tantrum like a two year old like u usually do when your BS gets blown up ... thumbsup

I think Eve is referring to Luck's $12m roster bonus he received a little over two weeks ago. The same "two weeks" when Luck started thinking about retiring, assuming you take his word from his press conference.

Meaning, he got a $12M bonus and THEN started contemplating retirement soon after.

I'm not passing judgement on any of that, just trying to help with what Eve was talking about (if I'm right).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't believe that Luck started contemplating retirement after he got the money. I think this has been in the works for a long time.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I don't believe that Luck started contemplating retirement after he got the money. I think this has been in the works for a long time.

Right, if it's been in the works for a long time, that is more ammo for the people complaining he should have retired a lot earlier. That may or may not be fair because we don't know when he made that final decision and how his ankle was/wasn't responding throughout the preseason and how that impacted that decision.

In my opinion, had he been thinking about it for months, but still after the draft, he should probably offer to give the roster bonus back (and keep the prorated signing bonus). That makes it looks like he waited for the roster bonus and then makes the convenient decision to retire.

If it was a quick decision, then I suppose technically he could keep the money.

I'm not broken up about the money. Irsay and the Colts are worth BILLIONS and I won't get any joy if they get more money. I'm coming from the truthful and honest thing to do as a person. We talk about that crap all the time around here (getting free Direct TV by using multiple e-mails, moving to better seats in a stadium, going to a brick n' mortar store to try on shoes and then order online, etc.). Should Luck return some portion of the money, not for me, but to be honest to himself?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
V
Legend
Legend
V
We usually agree on things, but we are miles apart on this one. The reports are out there that it was the Colts who talked Luck into trying to gut it out.

I really, really don't like the bashing of Andrew Luck's character. He has proven to be a class guy throughout his life. His history has to mean something.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Most of the sources I consider valid say that Luck informed the team of possibly retiring two weeks before he retired.

I think people are reading this all wrong. People are people and as such make mistakes. Each decision is weighed on its own accord. Luck has been a stellar team mate and by all accounts a very high character guy as well. I'm certainly not trying to void that out or make the claim he is a bad guy based on a single decision.

In this case however, I think the timing was very poor and he left his team in a terrible position. That doesn't make him evil.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
We usually agree on things, but we are miles apart on this one. The reports are out there that it was the Colts who talked Luck into trying to gut it out.

I really, really don't like the bashing of Andrew Luck's character. He has proven to be a class guy throughout his life. His history has to mean something.

I'm trying not to bash his character at all.

If Luck was convinced to stay, which I didn't know about, and that was the reason he made it to the $12M roster bonus timing, then keep the funds. If Luck tried to retire earlier and the Colts kept refusing, then I walk back anything that I may have suggested. Like I said, I'm not trying to give more money to Irsay or bash Luck.

If it were me, and I don't know everything that was said by either side leading up to last weekend, but I try to gut it out one more season because it's so close to week 1. I think I even said in another post, it's not like they were expecting him to start week 1, his ankle was 1-2 months away from playing. So he was going to probably miss half the season anyway. From there, maybe the rehab improves or it doesn't.

But again, I'm not Luck, I don't have the pain in his ankle and I'm not emotionally drained from years of rehab. I can only speak for myself.

[Linked Image]

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

I think Eve is referring to Luck's $12m roster bonus he received a little over two weeks ago. The same "two weeks" when Luck started thinking about retiring, assuming you take his word from his press conference.

Meaning, he got a $12M bonus and THEN started contemplating retirement soon after.

I'm not passing judgement on any of that, just trying to help with what Eve was talking about (if I'm right).

Yes, Thank You. Math Boy can't keep up.

No Craps Given
D
Legend
Legend
D
Math boy .. *L* .. that was funny ... u shouldn’t have surrounded it with your typical BS .. thumbsup

So many things wrong with your BS ...

1. The team could have easily recouped that money ... THEY CHOSE NOT TO ...

2. Unlike U Luck does have morals ... he’s got way more than enough money ... but u can’t understand that logic cause you always think everything is about money ...

3. Luck has been total class since ... well forever ...

For u to judge him based off this ... something your clearly clueless about .. u read the headline and JUDGE ... like usual ... FACTS don’t matter to U ...

Saying he has no morals is just DUMB AS HELL ... yet, that don’t stop U ... as usual ...

I’m out ... u win ... eve’s right as always ... at least in her mind ... thumbsup

Math boy out ...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Your opinions dont change the FACT that he decided to retire AFTER he recieved the bonus, not before.

He had YEARS to ponder his injuries.

What he did lacks any class whatsoever.

No Craps Given
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
I try to stay out of threads like these with everyone arguing and like to stay on the lighter topics.

With that said, I felt I had to chime and and let you know I have met Andrew Luck and his family and know them well. I can tell you they are some of the best people you would ever meet in your life.

Did the timing suck....yeah it did but sometimes in life you just say I am done and I can't do it.

Anybody who says this is about money is fooling themselves. The guy has over a $100 million in the bank and is very smart and invested well.

He even offered to the colts to pay back money if he needed too.

None of us can even relate to the toll with injuries that these guys go thru and we should support him with his decision much like several ex players and his teammates have also done.

My 2 cents and I will move back to lighter topics again!

D
Legend
Legend
D
BS ... none of it matters ... he’s a classless jerk with no morals ... cause eve knows everything that went on and thats what she says ... rolleyes

He’s such a classless, moraless jerk Larry Fitzgerald tweeted out whatever u decide to do (he has a degree in like structural architecture or engineering) let me know and ill partner up with u NO MATTER WHAT IT IS ...

Eve’s off her rocker on this one and pretty much everyone knows it but her and Pit ...

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

It probably was, but that roster bonus thingy is a bit troubling.

But I am not trashing the guy. I think he had good intentions and finally came to the conclusion the body just wasn't going to cooperate.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Hey, on a positive note, at least he retired before most leagues have their fantasy drafts. Now that would tick of some people.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
How do we know Luck didn't offer to give the bonus back?

V
Legend
Legend
V
It saddens me that the focus of this thread is on Luck being a bad teammate and a selfish person. His teammates are not saying that. Other players are supporting him by a gigantic proportion. I even tried to share how freaking hard it is to constantly have to go through rehab. You are often alone. Isolated from teammates and coaches. The pain is immense and it pure hell. The dude faced that almost his entire career.

And why..................because he refused to puss out and stood in the face of the rush to deliver the ball for his teammates.

There were quite a few of us who watched the beating he took early in his career and we all talked about how he would never last and how the Colts were ruining him. That idiot, Ryan Grigson, never thought to give the guy protection. That is the same idiot Sashi brought in once he finally got fired. So glad he is gone. But anyway, most folks recognized that Luck's beatings were a career killer.

But now, this has become a huge debate on this board where folks have dug their heels in just to trash Luck because they gotta win a damn argument. That's sad!

No one is mentioning how they won only two games the year before he arrived and how they won 11 each of the next three seasons. They don't talk about how the team struggled when he missed games when he had a lacerated kidney or how the team went 4 and 12 when he was out w/the shoulder and then went 10 and 6 w/a playoff victory when he returned.

Nah, it's all about him being a bad teammate and selfish. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't think he is a bad teammate or a bad person.

I know you weren't pointing at me. I agree with you.

I agree with Rish….maybe the Colts told him to keep the money.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
The colts did tell him to keep the money .... no maybe about it ... thats a FACT!!!

This had zero to do with money to him ... dudes got way more than enough and he’s not some classless POC like some want to portray him to be ...

Legend
Legend
Good post...

Is the timing the best for the colts? No.... but dude got hurt and sounds like it got worse over the last couple of weeks... he made a decision thwt he didn't want to go through the rehab process again afternoon his shoulder...

I don't blame him one bit... I'm sure the colts wish they had more heads up but you know what... it happens...

He was a great payer and seems like a great guy... wish him well..

<><

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
JC...

I'm guessing that we will hear more over the next few months about what triggered Luck to decide to retire, with the support of the Colts management, just two weeks before the season.

It may be that Luck was given some bad news about how his present injuries were healing and that figured greatly into his decision to call it a career. His decision was obviously supported by his boss, which makes it bit easier for Luck.

Does that mean that Luck will never play football again?...NO, IT DOES NOT. Stepping away at this time, allowing himself time to overcome the damage done might change Luck's outlook on his football future.

It's hard to walk away from football and look no further than Jason Witten, TE of Boys. He left the NFL for the 2018 season only to un-retire and return to the Cowboys for the 2019 season.

Never say never !

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
the way contracts are structured "roster bonus" means it should have been guaranteed money but … $ owners $

Andrew Luck
Jim Irsay

I would rather speculate that #12 can't / shouldn't play and that pill popper wanted to wait as long as possible for season tickets

P
Legend
Legend
P
I for one didn't portray him that way and made that clear in my previous post. But you never were one to let facts get in your way.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Cassell, Weeden, or Brock O ... yikes

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Hoyer could be an option for the Colts as their backup. Looks like NE is going to keep the rookie from Auburn whose name I can't spell.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Jarrett Stidham

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thank you.

Legend
Legend

I have stayed out of thread other than wishing Andrew well.

I have not followed the whole thread. Just cruised it.

I read a lot of "I think". "I believe this". etc.

Andrew Luck lived it all. His whole career he has shown to be a person of high character, morals, and ethics.

Yet now when he is faced with one of the hardest decisions of his life; everybody is a expert on his life and what he has gone through.

Questions about money. Or how he screwed the Colts.

Everyone wants to guess when he knew? Wants to to believe they know what this off season was like for him. Or, when it was right for him to give his decision.

I wonder how people would feel if someone who doesn't know a thing about their life wanted to question them about why they made life altering decisions?

This was Andrew Lucks decision and his alone.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And some decisions we make in our life have great consequences upon others.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I believe that Brissett is an 8-8 QB, at the best, and that is considering his current team. We'll see though.

This couldn't a better situation for Jacoby Brissett. The Colts offense (especially the offensive line) is stacked. He is the unquestioned starter on a team that went to the playoffs last year. And this is the last year of his rookie deal. If he's an average level QB he's at least getting franchised.

Jacoby Brissett with the come up.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Good for him .. and the Colts were smart to hedge their bet a bit. They showed him some good faith and gave him some insurance for being the starter; but they didn’t break the bank

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Glad to see Hoyer going to Indy. I made two posts about him being the guy who goes there and my predictions defied the reports, but it came true. It just made too much sense to not happen.

Legend
Legend
It did, good call boss.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
E
Legend
Legend
E
Hope Hoyer does well.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Me too.

I have nothing but respect and support for him. He did his best for us while he was here.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Andrew Luck Retires

Link Copied to Clipboard