Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1664725 09/17/19 09:22 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
It's early in the season and the numbers are not that important yet, but what the heck.

Offense Total Yds. Rams 13th---Browns 15th.
Defense Total Yds. Rams 5th---Browns 8th.

Offense Points per game: Rams 13th---Browns 15th.
Defense Points per game: Rams 11th---Browns 16th.

Turnover Differential: Rams Tied for 12th [+2}---Browns T-21st [-3]

Penalty Yds: Rams: 8th [108]---Browns: 32nd [267]

Lines: Rams favored by 2.5 to 3 pts in Cleveland. Over/under is 49.5

Weather forecast: 69 degrees w/40 percent chance of rain.

I think this game is going to be a great indicator of where the Browns are. The Rams were in the Super Bowl last year and they are legit this year. We are at home and we had the off-season hype. Big test that should tell us a lot about our team.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 09/17/19 09:46 PM.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
It's early in the season and the numbers are not that important yet, but what the heck.

Offense Points per game: Rams 13th---Browns 15th.
Offense Points per game: Rams 11th---Browns 16th.

Not sure I understand this.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
points per game is surprising

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Typo. Fixed.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yeah, the site I used was a bit confusing. I hope I recorded them correctly. If not, I am sure someone will correct me. LOL

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

I think this game is going to be a great indicator of where the Browns are. The Rams were in the Super Bowl last year and they are legit this year. We are at home and we had the off-season hype. Big test that should tell us a lot about our team.

I agree and I welcome it. We all believe our team is vastly improved and should be competing for the AFCN and a playoff. We have to see how we measure up to teams like the Rams. This will be our first legit test to truly see who we are and what we are made of.

Bring. It. On.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't think the Rams look nearly as sharp as they did last year. I think they are still trying to figure out their identity after they destroyed Gurley's knee last year.

I would expect the Rams to beat us by 10-14 if they get their offense figured out.

If we get our offense figured out... I expect to beat the Rams by 10-14.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

I agree and I welcome it. We all believe our team is vastly improved and should be competing for the AFCN and a playoff. We have to see how we measure up to teams like the Rams. This will be our first legit test to truly see who we are and what we are made of.

Bring. It. On.

The first test was opening day,which we failed miserably.
This will be the second test,I'm looking for much better results.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I think for us to have a chance, we need it to be a DOWNPOUR of rain.

Our defensive line is our strength, and as much as I would hate to have the ball in Gurley's hand, I think we have a better chance of stopping him then the rest of their offense.

Secondly, I think it would play into us, as it would maybe make our Offense lean more to run the ball, which is IMO right now, our strength.

Just my .02, I maybe wrong.

I agree this is the test of where we are right now. If we get blown out, I think its going to be a long year. If we can play a close game but come up short, I will be pleasantly happy as the Rams are legit. If we win......let the games begin boo boo.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie

It's the first test with proper competition. Yes, we laid a turd on opening day, but to be honest, we have yet to play anybody truly competitive. This is the first test to see where we stand with the better teams in the league.

Legend
Legend

It's the first test with proper competition. Yes, we laid a turd on opening day, but to be honest, we have yet to play anybody truly competitive. This is the first test to see where we stand with the better teams in the league.
We’re going to find out real fast where we stand:

Rams
At Ravens
At 49ers
Seahawks
At Patriots

Yikes

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

We’re going to find out real fast where we stand:

Rams
At Ravens
At 49ers
Seahawks
At Patriots

Yikes

Ravens haven't played ANYONE. I think they are overrated.

49ers have really played anyone either, Cincy and Tampa - not worried

The Seahawks are good, but they barely beat Cincy and barely beat Pitt with a back up playing most the game. Im not too up on them either.

Legend
Legend
After this weekend we will have a much clearer picture of the direction of the top of our division. Ravens have the Chiefs, we have the Rams... really the first "big test" for both teams to see how they stack up against the better teams in the NFL.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
After this weekend we will have a much clearer picture of the direction of the top of our division. Ravens have the Chiefs, we have the Rams... really the first "big test" for both teams to see how they stack up against the better teams in the NFL.
Good point; I hadn’t realized they Ravens have the Chiefs

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Rams can be beat.

C
Legend
Legend
C

B
Legend
Legend
B
We get the Titans loss back this weekend.

34-28 Browns.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Those next 5 games, They can only play those, One Game At A Time.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
if we can go 3-2 even 2-3 in these 5 we are going to be ok the second half of our season looks favorable, Rams could be tough Ravens division game they can be beat Cardinals almost beat them, Niners are beatable, Seahawks aren't the old Seahawks, Patriots will be tough but we usually play well against them ... GO BROWNS smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's not a question of whether they're beatable, it's a question of can we beat them?

The Titans are beatable. We just didn't beat them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1665250 09/19/19 03:17 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It's not a question of whether they're beatable, it's a question of can we beat them?

The Titans are beatable. We just didn't beat them.

and can we avoid beating ourselves?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Our secondary is decimated, our front seven will spend the day trying to get pressure with little success, and McVey and Goff will light us up.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
WE WILL WIN!! Guarantee it! Heard it here first.

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Moxdawg #1665928 09/21/19 12:32 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Moxdawg
I had a suspicion that we could steal one earlier in the week ... but the injuries make it pretty tough now IMO

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
This game will be just like the titans game . Biggest difference is that rams should have this game won by halftime

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
slick #1665989 09/21/19 04:22 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: slick
This game will be just like the titans game . Biggest difference is that rams should have this game won by halftime

Everyone has a right to their own opinions and obviously you have people that are positive in life and negative in life but I have never understood how people go into a game thinking we've lost. I honestly don't even know why they play the games. They should just ask the fans who they think will win and Mark the games win or lost on pregame poll

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I will say the injuries have me worried but we still have players and I'm always hopefully they will figure out the Offense. This is the most loaded team on paper in a lot of years and I have to believe they will figure it out

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I had a suspicion that we could steal one earlier in the week ... but the injuries make it pretty tough now IMO

I think the only way we steal this one is Armed Robbery.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Are all the negative posters in here going to watch the game?

If so, why?

Moxdawg #1666043 09/21/19 07:40 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I will say the injuries have me worried but we still have players and I'm always hopefully they will figure out the Offense. This is the most loaded team on paper in a lot of years and I have to believe they will figure it out

Not sure what your post has to do w/By the Numbers, but since you went here.........I think it's weird to think being positive or negative about things outside of your control means anything at all.

I think the Browns can win this game, but that doesn't make me negative or positive. I am positive about the things I can control.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Of all the posts, that's the one you singled out?

You have posters ready to jump off buildings or slit their wrists in every thread on this board.

Rishuz #1666052 09/21/19 08:09 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Quote:

No, it was an illusion. LOL

The team's performance is not related to the posts on this message board. That's just insane.

I think people are overreacting about all the injuries and are being too negative, but come on.........

R
Legend
Legend
R
That made me laugh. Nice.

However, I'm still confused by your response to Mox.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I got it now.

You quoted the wrong thing.

Rishuz #1666059 09/21/19 08:17 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I got it now.

You quoted the wrong thing.

Oh crap! You're right! The joke is on me. blush

I really have no idea how I did that. Sheesh!

Rishuz #1666083 09/21/19 08:44 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Are all the negative posters in here going to watch the game?

If so, why?
Thank you.. like I said. Injuries have me worried but for once in a very long time we actually have a team that can compete! Yes they are not looking like the Hype but they actually have players that can compete so why are we so Negative. How do you set down and watch a game thinking there's no chance? What if the players just say screw it. We forfeit! Rams are too good and we don't have a chance.. I actually am looking forward to this game and believe!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Not sure what your post has to do w/By the Numbers, but since you went here.........I think it's weird to think being positive or negative about things outside of your control means anything at all.

I think the Browns can win this game, but that doesn't make me negative or positive. I am positive about the things I can control.

What does my post have to do with by the numbers? What does everyone else's posts that are saying we have already lost have to do with the numbers? I'm basically just asking why is everyone so negative? Like another poster asked! Are all the people saying we don't have a chance going to watch the game and if so, WHY?!

Moxdawg #1666087 09/21/19 08:52 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I am just saying that the attitude of the posters on this board has no influence on the outcome of the game. I think you are off base saying that people who are not high on the Brown's chances of winning this week are "negative" people. The two things are independent of one another. Just my opinion. You expressed your opinion and I expressed mine.

Rishuz #1666088 09/21/19 08:55 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

You have posters ready to jump off buildings or slit their wrists in every thread on this board.
Yes, I'm dumbfounded that he singled me out! I understand the Rams are the defending NFC champions ( well actually that should be the Saints but that's a different story) but why play the games and why is the stadium going to be packed with people standing outside begging to get in if we have already lost? I just don't get it.. I didn't go anywhere but to respond to people that say we have no chance but that's probably why I've frequented this board since 2006 but rarely post because of the posters on this board that are over the top on everything!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Rams 20 By The Numbers

Link Copied to Clipboard